test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation System broke

captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Omega and Romulus Reputation system is now broke for me. It says Remaining: Finishing and Progress 128%.

So I can't drop the project or start a new one. Just great. Thanks Cryptic.:mad:
Post edited by captainjgee on

Comments

• nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yup, same here, all four active projects are stuck in a "Finishing" state.
  • deathomightdeathomight Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Omega and Romulus Reputation system is now broke for me. It says Remaining: Finishing and Progress 128%.

So I can't drop the project or start a new one. Just great. Thanks Cryptic.:mad:
    Yup stuck on finishing for rep projects that were nearly done prior to the change.

Pic showing whats up:
    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3283/finishing.jpg
  • senokeclipsesenokeclipse Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes me too, here...
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, this needs a fix RIGHT NOW. No way in hell am I going to wait until the 29th for this to get fixed.
  • cptkiucptkiu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    awesome!
    but i have to say i'm glad that guys became devs and no doctors :D
    edited November 2012
    all contributor until 20h are ok, but, if you have contributing 20h-40h ago it's crash on finishing
  • mal00mal00 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes i have the same problem my repuation status bar is stuck at finishing and progress is at 128 or 130 %
  • attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    Same here, so far I haven't seen any sort of temp solution. They really should fix this today.
    attilio.png
    edited November 2012
    So casual players who have not lunch reputations projects at time can continue to contribute, but no "pro" players could not contribute... great ! :mad::mad::mad:
  • chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Changing maps from DS9 to Sector fixed this issue for me. Though it could of been fixed by leaving DS9.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Didn't fix it here.
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Map changing does not fix problem for me either. :(
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    i have the same problem on my 2 charecters!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Every single one of my toons has this issue. Every one of their rep projects is stuck on "finishing" 128% with at least 2 of the contribute buttons lighted even though they were already filled.

What on earth did they break this time?
    I need a beer.

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Our engineers are on the issue, and actively seeking a solution. We'll update you all as soon as we have something concrete. Progress has already been made, though.

The cause of this appears to be projects that had <20 hours remaining on their countdown timers, when the requirements were reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Our engineers are on the issue, and actively seeking a solution. We'll update you all as soon as we have something concrete. Progress has already been made, though.

The cause of this appears to be projects that had <20 hours remaining on their countdown timers, when the requirements were reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.

Will an emergency patch go out to fix this, or will we have to wait until next week?
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Sounds about right - I'd just queued projects on all of my characters (before the server downtime) so they had 35+ hours still to go - they now all show 4 hours remaining.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Got on 2 toons too. Look forward to fix.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

because

time_remaining-=20

and
    if time_remaining<20
    time_remaining=0 *
    else
    time_remaining-=20

are not the same thing.

*Also, edge cases since you operation takes a finite time to execute and you need to make sure it can't end in a failure state (in this case the easiest resolution would have been to set them to a say 5 minute timer, and no one would know differently).
  • jazzmaxster1jazzmaxster1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please advise when we can expect an update to correct this issue. Obviously valuable time is being lost in not being able to begin new reputation projects, which delays our toons' progress.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My toons have the same problem. I'd love to know when we can expect a fix
  • condarncondarn Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Got to love the new season 7 ;) DCed and projects on hold!!!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sirsri wrote: »
    because

time_remaining-=20

and
    if time_remaining<20
    time_remaining=0 *
    else
    time_remaining-=20

are not the same thing.

*Also, edge cases since you operation takes a finite time to execute and you need to make sure it can't end in a failure state (in this case the easiest resolution would have been to set them to a say 5 minute timer, and no one would know differently).

Except the patch wasn't supposed to reduce the times on the currently ticking projects. At least that's what the patch notes said.

Projects that weren't filled yet, however, would have the stuff reduced appropriately.

What I can't figure out is HOW THE HECK DID IT HAPPEN IF IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT'S EXPECTED???? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • zyhark#1465 zyhark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One of my romulan projects just ended (the other has 10 minutes left) and I was able to start the next project right away, with the new 20h timer (so working as intended for me). That means that not everyone is affected by this issue, and it may be a local problem, and not something to do with the servers.
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My main toon istuck on bot Omega and Romulan on both projects, started them yesterday was suppossed to get to 14k XP almost to tier 2, now they are "finishing", Omega is at 128%, Romulan at 130%.
    Other toon is stuck in 1 project, completed 2, and didn't fill rom. marks in 4th one. complete chaos there.
  • zdenka1970zdenka1970 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    there will be no fix

in 10-20hours it will fix it self, maybe

atleast they will wait that long

and i was hoping to make good progress in this reputation projects

now iam fu cked up, because i did start the projects right after S7 went online

thanks cryptic ...

Z
  • zyhark#1465 zyhark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok so both of my projects that I was running have finished and I've moved on to the next ones (with the new 20h timer).
    I didn't do anything specific as a workaround for this so I'm thinking that some people, for whatever reason, weren't affected by this bug.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Another quick update:

Our Engineers are about 95% certain that projects reporting this issue on the UI will still complete when their 40 hour timers have ran.

There is also a functional workaround, where running an Elite Mark turn-in project under the Omega Reputation appears to "kick start" these frozen projects into their proper state.

As I said before, we're still investigating a true Software-based fix for the issue, but these workarounds may help folks that are experiencing the issue, until that fix can be pushed to Holodeck.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • jazzmaxster1jazzmaxster1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another quick update:

There is also a functional workaround for Omega Reputation, where running an Elite Mark turn-in project appears to "kick start" these frozen projects into their proper state.

I had a similar result with one of my toons. I only had one Romulan Marks project running before the patch, and that one project showed "Finishing" with 128% complete. After I started a second Romulan Marks project in the free slot, it kicked the other project to finished status, and I was able to start yet another project.