test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic's compromise - are we happy with it?

Comments

• voluptuaryvoluptuary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The real question I'd like to see directly answered by Dan is this; If the amount of Dilithium you can refine is capped at 8,000 why are you squandering so much time pissing and TRIBBLE with the raw sources?

It makes me feel like we're just being ****ed with.
  • burt777burt777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To answer your question strait and foward. NO WE ARE NOT APPY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad: Give us back our game!!!!!!!

omfg4202 wrote: »
    This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.
  • kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    voluptuary wrote: »
    The real question I'd like to see directly answered by Dan is this; If the amount of Dilithium you can refine is capped at 8,000 why are you squandering so much time pissing and TRIBBLE with the raw sources?

It makes me feel like we're just being ****ed with.

the answer is simple if a day i have the time to win more dilithium i will not have to do that other too !! that mean i can spend some time to play this game and not think all the time about how i will make enough dilithium for :
    -fleet,
    -stuff,
    -ship,
    -costume,
    -energie credit,
    -bridge officier .....

hooo wait in fact need dilithium for everything in this game
  • timeitnertimeitner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hell no they need to put the dilithium events back to more than 2x per day and put the whole thing back the way it was. I am a free to play member and I use dilithium to get zen and now I cant even get close to 8000 dilithium in a day. so I have to get zen 10 and 20 at a time instead of 100 every 2 days. SO CRYPTIC and or PERFECT WORLD are you trying to go back to PAY TO TRIBBLE@ING Play again. cause If I have to spend a dime to have fun on a free to play game then why play it. and any way the paying peeps should have thier own dilithium events so us free to play peeps can exchange for zen. so what i am getting at is put the dilithium back the way it was so us ftp people can still have fun with out mega lag and not have to spend money to get unlocks in the C store. cause even your compramize hurts us FTP folks.
  • burt777burt777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [COLOR="Purple"]LETS GO ON YOUTUBE AND THEN LEST START TO DO SOME VIDEO ABOUT THIS REALLY BAD SEASON. THIS IS WHAT THEY DESERVE!:mad::cool:[QUOTE=omfg4202[/COLOR];6582631]This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.[/QUOTE]
  • timeitnertimeitner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordhook wrote: »
    Weekend without a single player logged! Players on strike!

If your are asking why?

daxiii23;6600391 wrote:
    well lets stay with the reassignment for a moment, lets say i have all white doffs and i want to change into one purple, costs as follows:
    white to green:
    5 whites + 500 dil = 1 green
    green to blue
    5 greens + 2500 dill = 1 blue
    blue to purple
    5 blues + 5000 dill = 1 purple

5x5000 + 5x(2500) + 25x(500) = 50k dil

so one purple BOFF costing now 50k dilithium and 25 white boffs???
    and at the same time reduce the amount of dil u can get drastically

scoustar;6598841 wrote:
    I tried some Fleet Actions this morning to try and re-motivate myself to play. After being logged out of the Action 14 times during the course of play I gave up. Whilst I'm sure today's server maintenance is designed to repair this, I'm also certain that Fleet Actions are still as dull and pointless as before...

"ooh look, that Tuatara Cruiser is dropping warp plasma, nice. Shame there's not an enemy within 9km of it really"

I agree wholly with Cryptic's idea to entice players to play alternate content. But I think it's disgraceful to destroy enjoyable end game content (guess what you *******, people played STF's for enjoyment as well as dil farming, numbers don't tell you that I suppose :mad:) in order to enforce play in BAD content.

Yes, the Fleet Actions are BAD BAD BAD content, that's why no one played them, except for a few pointless Fleet Marks. Adding the rewards was a good idea. Taking them out of STF's was stupid beyond words, unless we all accept that they did it purely and entirely and deliberately out of greed.

Well done Cryptic, you've proven that inbreeding really does make you dumb.
    rodentmaster;6583181 wrote:
    **** no!

It's an insult to say they listen but then change one of the LEAST of the problems they just introduced. Adding dilithium back to STFs is a small portion of the problems they've just added. THe entire game is a dil sink now. That's the problem. DOFFs costing THOUSANDS of dil per day is the problem.

The result is still a net loss of thousands of dil per day as compared to season6.

**** NO, I'm not happy with thier "compromise" (which can barely even be called that)

Yea I will be offline in protest and looking for a real free to play game instead of pay to play free to grind. and farm till you get carpel tunnel
  • omfg4202omfg4202 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to share this. It's from another post, entitled "A perspective from our fleet members" and it is relevant to this thread.

nicha0 wrote:
    I wanted to post some feedback that I hear in our fleet from those that don't normally enter the forums. We all know that forum users are a tiny percentage of the playerbase so their opinion is often excused as not entirely valid.

As someone who is now leading a medium sized fleet of 75 members I have a lot to deal with, I didn't join wanting to be in this position but here I am. When I hear of fleet member's concerns about the changes I have no positive answers to give them.

At the start of season 6 we'd have over 20 members on at a time, up to 30, by the end of season 6 the number was down, to be expected, to around 10 or so average but still peaking over 20. During season 7 so far it is 4-5, except for the first night but they dropped like flies early in the night.

The fleet is very average, we try to increase members skills but many are just very casual players. Over the time I see nearly all of them playing STFs and none are doing older fleet actions, we often play together on STFs, fleet actions for marks, and other activities. I do like to think our fleet is special, we have a lot of close people, and we play together frequently, it isn't just a chat room, we work together and achieve goals.

The comments I see from PMs and in fleet chat are like this....

New Romulus comments
    "New Romulus is gorgeous but there is nothing to do. "
    "New Romulus is boring, what a waste"
    "Whats the point of New Romulus?"
    There are a dozen variations on this, why so much development time if there is no content here?

The most concerning comments are:
    "I already have a job, I don't want another"
    we got one last night "well this looks like it for me, this isn't even fun anymore"
    "This feels like I'm working"
    Basically, people don't want to work, then come home to relax and have to work again. This is a game not a job, but S7 really has turned it into a job. I am not having any fun either, which means as a company you have failed.

"They took stuff away from everything I like to do"
    "I don't want to play fleet actions"
    "I don't understand the reputation system"
    "Why don't I get any loot?"
    "What is a reputation system?"
    The average player has no clue WTH happened in S7. They are annoyed and frustrated.

Our starbase is nearly T4, we have been making steady progress, about 1k xp a day on average weekdays and 2k on weekends. Thats over. We don't get enough marks for one project a day now. Our fleet use to run Defera nightly in groups to get some marks, but now we are getting 60% of what we used to there, so that is basically out. Officer Reports is gone so those marks are out for the very casual players who used to be able to contribute a little, now can't contribute anything. This makes people feel useless.

So 3 days in, and we have already instead of a player increase, we are down 50% active, I'll admit my time in game is at 50% as well, I'm saying to myself "Whats the point?" We have players, good awesome people, so down by the changes they are leaving. We have a lot of players on the fence, there are so many complaints that the game feels like work and they don't want that stress, I know we'll lose more.

So what mistakes were made?
    New Romulus - Gorgeous but pointless, its vast, its empty, its boring. So many hours put into creating something that just isn't worth it. It can be fixed..

STFs - Other than the crazy difficulty change, whats the point for having 8 different missions now? Its all bland, its the same thing. Lockboxes sell because of gambling, STFs were played because of the same reason, now there is no real point. Bring instant gratification back, make people EXCITED again. The vault wasn't played before because it was a low quality grinding reward, don't turn STFs into the same thing.. well you already did, but don't keep it that way.

Dilithium and marks - Obviously changed to make the game more profitable, it will undoubtedly backfire and create fewer players, these things tend to chain react. You made the game into a resource grind, its a job, you need to grind onto every resource there is to get less than before. It isn't fun, its work. Here is some news. The people that pay your bills are the mature working class, this is a lot of our fleet, we have income to spend on fun games. What people don't want is to come home from work, to unwind by working harder on a game. If you lose the people that pay, the F2P will not have ways to earn their money.. its a balance all F2P games need.

I have a feeling most of the resource removals are based on the multi character exploits. It would have been wiser to remove the ability to transfer huge amounts of dilithium across characters instead of penalizing every player in the game. You made the wrong decision, it will cost you. It was probably easy enough to do, create a 2nd style of zen where once its been converted once it can't be again and gets character bound on the dil exchange.

Reputation system - The casual players are completely clueless what this is, how to use it, that it even exists. What a terrible non-introduction.

Removal of efficiency - Sometimes its OK to have time limited missions to gain things faster than other ways. By removing B'Tran and the console clicking you essentially killed off the ability of the casual player to log on, spend less than an hour online and get stuff done. This complaint is 2nd only to the "feels like a 2nd job" complaint, and directly tied to it. Whats the big deal if every 24 hours someone could double up on a single dilithium mission? Its not even a 20 hr daily, its 24 hrs which means you are going to miss the recycle time and push it further back each day missing some. When progress feels lost, people quit games, not just here but everywhere.

Ultimately, I doubt I'll get a response to this, I doubt it will affect anything. I love change, but this wasn't a good change. I do really want to keep playing, to have our fleet online and having fun again, working together to achieve goals; but the morale after just 3 days is frightening.
    KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
  • mirabelliamirabellia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With the changes made STO is not fun for me anymore... These reputation systems need cut back on the time it takes to do them, like others have said, and I will again, I have a job in life, I dont need one here.... Wow to having new content, but as usual its all about making the buck for Cryptic and PW, they obviously do not care where this is going, or would not have fracked it up as much as they did.... Hope they fix it or Scotty will be beaming me out permanently....
  • shantayshantay Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Perfect Wolrd asian farm cash shop milkin mentality!WELCOME IT EMBRACE IT THEN PI** ON IT!Eventualy game will die like all asian so called f2p games ..They anounce big release put some pretty fake photos gather some people for a while then its a descending trend from then on till game dies or gets sold to another cow cash company who tries to lie and squeeze some greens till it dies for good!
    GOTTA LOVE GAMING THESE DAYS !GOING BACK TO SINGLE PLAYER!
  • seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2012
    I'm not sure if this breaks some forum rule or something. Who can keep up with what you are and arn't allowed to do these days.

This is a post I made and I think it is very relevent considering the course this thread has taken.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=451881
  • robuillerobuille Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What it really seems like is they're milking the sinking ship for all its treasure before they scuttle it to the ocean floor. Steal every dime from its player base before destroying it entirely. Does anyone know when the license to use Star Trek brand name is up? I bet you it's within the next 2 years. PW probably doesn't plan on renewing the license so it's going to rob us for everything we're worth before killing the game. It's the only way their changes to the game this season make any sense.

Well Perfect World, I know you don't answer us with anything more than lies but I gotta ask..., do you plan on renewing your licensing rights to Star Trek?
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    robuille wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the license to use Star Trek brand name is up? I bet you it's within the next 2 years. PW probably doesn't plan on renewing the license so it's going to rob us for everything we're worth before killing the game. It's the only way their changes to the game this season make any sense.

I will find out, I have connections.

My guess... is much sooner than two years.

It looks like they released these changes just in time for the holiday gaming season in order to drive the player base to other games. After working out the math to reach certain milestones in Omega Reputation, our only conclusion was this was done deliberately. Our guess is they are using STO as a market research tool, see how much TRIBBLE they can Asian before the player-base migrates.

From what I see, from my end... during my play times... Is server population is way down. Few are buying VESTA class ships. Wait time for an STF is now 10-15 min.

Based on all this, I'll bet ya we're shut down before the next anniversary event. :)
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and Ea wants to have Command & conquer go F2P. Shakes head
  • marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i cryed agian today all the fun gone replaced buy nothing but grind sign on and decide wich grind to do dilith grind omaga grind new romulan grind. used to be fun to do the stf what drop will i get? somthing for fleet bank? item me or a friend could realy use?? somthing to sell and get ec or dilith for? or the joy and pride of the tech drop and rushing to turn in and get the shiney new pice to complet my set??? now its just grind and wait days to see what i can spend my dwindleing suply of dilith on!!!!! in the words of Adam Sandler " whooopie f-ing dooo "
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do we even need Free 2 play?

I think it's a failure that just allows cheap lazy bums to play for free and people like me who pay to be set up in a situation where it is us verses the development staff whenever they feel like a dilithium imbalance threatens their profit and they need to change it.

Instead can't their be "PLEX" cards like Eve where Cryptic has a set amount and auctions that amount off each month, and if people want to sell them on the exchange after winning them in Zen auctions fine?

Also have Free guest passes to hand out and give to players to give to friends each month.

Return the One Free Ship Upon Reaching 50 token back.

Remove the 10 million EC cap

Set ALL STF and Fleet Action so that in normal circumstances it takes about 2 hours of doing a series of either or combination of both to achieve the 8000 dilithium cap. DEVOTEING MORE THEN TWO HOURS A DAY TO GAME PLAY IS OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR. Do not be one of those a holes that encourages self destructive behavior.
    This doesn't make sense anyways. Your trying to make money by selling zen instead of having players go earn it in STF which the company has to pay for in bandwidth. Crptic might get a few more zen purchasers but they will also get more people spending more time in Events and useing up more bandwidth. It's a double edged sword my friend.

Remove dilithium requirement from R&D projects.

80% reduce dilithium requirement for duty officer reassignment.

Keep lockboxes. That system makes sense to help raise money and keep certain items rarified.

Stop offering Lifetime Subscriptions. After about a year or two they are just black holes that other subbers have to pay for, and the people who buy lifetime subs are the ones who plan on playing for a very long time. Ontop of this if you ever do a sequel to the game they will all have fits if you reduce your support to this version of STO.

I don't know of any game that once it went F2P it eventually went back to a sub model. I think it's good advertiseing, it's got bawls for being unique and implying that the content has turned around to an extent that they feel confidant in chargeing for it again.

Please get rid of Free2 players this game has become so much more trouble and irritation trying to cater to a F2P model.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And here I thought all the ignorant aholes complaining about us F2P players were finally gone.

Not that it's really any of your business, but me personally I started playing when the game went F2P because I'm on permanent medical disability and really couldn't afford the monthly sub.

In the time I've been playing I've scrape up enough to buy 4 ships (MVAE, Excel (the one with the advanced transwarp), thunderchild and yellowstone) plus a couple of small things here and there. Yes I'll admit that what I've spent on this stuff doesn't equal out would it would have if I bought the monthly subs, but it's not fair for you to say that my contributions mean nothing either.

I'm not trying to say that every other F2P player is in the same situation or that they ever buy anything, but you have to realize that not everyone has the luxury of paying a monthly sub or buying a lifetime sub.

And as far as the changes in season 7, Cryptic has stated several times now that the new rep system is how they wanted it to be when the game originally launched in the first place. Believe me I'm right there with you hating how they've added more dil requirements not just in season 7 but season 6 as well, taken away a lot of the ways and amounts to get dil and ec and fleet marks. However, it's totally unfair to pin that just on the F2P players.

PS: Sorry to everyone else that isn't trying to blame the F2P players for these changes. I didn't mean to go off on a huge rant, it's just something that really bothers me, especially with how much I love Star Trek and really wish I could have played from the very beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 is an awesome content

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

It's not a sales pitch - S7 is full of horrible features, and don't try the whole oooh loads of our fans like S7... as to make out the people complaining are a small % and make us feel indifferent, you cant pull the wool over my eyes as I know marketing techniques like the back of my hand sunshine! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ukkorby wrote: »
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

It's not a sales pitch - S7 is full of horrible features, and don't try the whole oooh loads of our fans like S7... as to make out the people complaining are a small % and make us feel indifferent, you cant pull the wool over my eyes as I know marketing techniques like the back of my hand sunshine! :mad:

I am thankful for all hardwork put into S7 and any attempts to add new content to the game, however in some ways I agree with you too. I think a lot of features were implemented without taking into consideration how the community at large felt about these changes, or if it was considered then the observations were flawed.

Other MMOs make money because they get inside the heads of their players as accurately as possible, and because of this they cater features to the audience as close as possible to their desires. I don't feel like Season Seven abided as well as it should have to community desires.

In the game I am a member of an STF channel, my large sized fleet's cross faction channel, ofcoarse Zone chat, and a few other smaller chats. The chats about season 7 weren't very laced with excitement, actually more so then not they were punctuated with grudgeing speculation both documented and speculated of nerfs and reductions to a lot of the game. Infact no one sounded excited at all about the personal advancement system.

I think the temporal lock boxes add-on was better received then Season 7. At least in the channels I was a member of people said more positive things about the rewards from the lockboxes. It also had people that complained that lockbox chances were too rare to be honest, but imo I thought the TLB Add on was a fantastic add on.

It's probably also a good idea to hold onto some features before releaseing them until the right kind of buzz is around them. Personal Advancement System probably would have been better received if it weren't part of so many changes, it could have been held off until a new lockbox event happened, and then released with it. In this way people who vacation on STO will be around for the new feature and the lockbox event. I supose this is armchair speculation about "what cryptic could have done" but it can be adapted to notes for the future.

In the future PLEASE CRYPTIC: Do marketing surveys. Don't run off into the wild blue yonder with odd add on ideas. And if you have to nerf dilithium to maintain a balance or add dilithium to an event, please do it slowly- observe the results and if neccassary increment another change and repeat until you are happy with the results.

Don't underestimate my interest in this game making money. I have an agenda to help make this game make money so there are more resources to draw from for patches, hardware, and add-ons. Our goal is the same Cryptic.
    edited November 2012
    Why is no one else asking the deeper question? How soon is PW planning on losing their license to the Star Trek franchise? Is it because they're refusing to renew it, or is it because they're being refused a renewal? How soon will it be before PW's Star Trek license expires? Seriously? When a corporation knows for certain in advance that one of its departments will be shutting down, they sap as much cash from that branch of business as they can. It happens in every time a casino switches ownership in Atlantic City. The CEO's cut benefits to the employees, wholesale hotel rooms to keep them packed while ceasing maintenance and cutting back on cleaning services, etc. etc. By the time the casino is dropped from their ledger, all profits made go to the parent corporation and the casino left behind is left run to the ground.

I have read the last PW public financial report. They do not mention renewing their licensing rights to Star Trek anywhere. The whole license to Star Trek seems pretty hush hush. So tell us please, when is the license up on Star Trek for this game. And seriously, come time for license renewal, is the license going to be renewed? Bring back some consumer confidence to your player base PW. Tell us what you plan to do with this game. Cause honestly, I'm worried as to whether it will be around for much longer. Tell me you guys just got greedy and the game is still going to be around longer than a year or two from now.
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.

well you guys wanted the dil back in stf. most stupid thing ever. now the dil income is actually nerfed thanks to you guys. a 10 min fleet action gave more dil then elite stf before s7 hit.
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why is no one else asking the deeper question? How soon is PW planning on losing their license to the Star Trek franchise? Is it because they're refusing to renew it, or is it because they're being refused a renewal? How soon will it be before PW's Star Trek license expires? Seriously? When a corporation knows for certain in advance that one of its departments will be shutting down, they sap as much cash from that branch of business as they can. It happens in every time a casino switches ownership in Atlantic City. The CEO's cut benefits to the employees, wholesale hotel rooms to keep them packed while ceasing maintenance and cutting back on cleaning services, etc. etc. By the time the casino is dropped from their ledger, all profits made go to the parent corporation and the casino left behind is left run to the ground.

I have read the last PW public financial report. They do not mention renewing their licensing rights to Star Trek anywhere. The whole license to Star Trek seems pretty hush hush. So tell us please, when is the license up on Star Trek for this game. And seriously, come time for license renewal, is the license going to be renewed? Bring back some consumer confidence to your player base PW. Tell us what you plan to do with this game. Cause honestly, I'm worried as to whether it will be around for much longer. Tell me you guys just got greedy and the game is still going to be around longer than a year or two from now.

I wondered this as well... I have followed their stock and the consensus is a hold on this stock by research firms without investment ties. They are very cash heavy which is the only redeeming quality for an investor. Their 3rd quarter results are due out 11/19 and they paid a special cash dividend of $2 last April to shareholders which tends to spike interest in their stock but looking at revenues though they have fallen off drastically the last few quarters since its acquisition of Cryptic. PW has fared better than others in the industry but you still have to wonder why PW was even interested in STO since it doesn't fit their genre of games. They could however just as easily sell off the property to some other company just as Atari did and all this could be to make the revenue numbers look rosy on the STO game.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
    edited November 2012
    looks like this post got pushed back into obscurity so that most people won't get a look at it. Nice tactic to keep people from taking a look at it. Still no answer about the license eh PW?
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Am I happy with it? I'll let you know when I can stay logged on for more than a minute at a time.

:mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2012

First of all, thank you for the calm way you opened the thread. While some have engaged in histrionics , it's worth noting two things.

When I complain about TRIBBLE being broken in D3, I get no response.
    When I complain about TRIBBLE being broken in SWTOR, I get no response.
    When I complain about TRIBBLE being broken in Warhammer, I get no response.
    When I complain about TRIBBLE being broken in TSW, I get no response.

I'm not 100% happy with the response by DStahl. But STO is about the only game where the devs at least make the damned effort to TRY to fix things they break. They don't always get it right and some of what they've done is clearly for the moniez....but how's that different than any of these other blood-sucking game companies?

Second, the biggest issue remains the ratio of effort vs. reward and accomplishment vs. grind. They need to seriously take a look at this, since you can't balance it for the elite without driving casuals insane, and you can't balance it for causals without the elite blasting through it in a day.

For those of you raging: Cool off. That's what Cryptic wants. Instead of really addressing your issues, they'll half-TRIBBLE something and it will seem reasonable, and the anger will die down. Instead of flaming, find the logical inconsistencies in between what they've stated and what they produced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • innuwarriorinnuwarrior Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Am I happy with Criptic compromise? Dilitium is harder to get. I have to play the whole night to get 8k dilitium on one toon. Can't do it with 3 toons.

You get less dilitium from doing missions, when they reintroduced dilitium into STF they reduced fleet action dilitium from 1444 to 480, why not keep the same.

Now you can only do one daily alert, do one in a sector and you can't do another into another sector until next day, why did they nerf that. Sometimes I could do 4-5 of those in a day moving about the galaxy and working on accolades, can't do it for dilitium anymore. Tholian alert is so hard to get into I just about gave up on it.

Everything cost more dilitium, Doffs in particular are a steal. What the f**k, we need those to do project and you overcharge us for them.

To add insult to injury they say average player refined 3500 dil a day. Well its getting real hard to get to that total on one toon now, let alone many. I loosing my will to play that game, its getting more a chores that playing. Need this go get it, need that go get it, need those get some, got no time to simply play now, all I do now is get ressources to do thing I don't really have a choice doing if I want to get the good stuf. And now we have literally **** as loot in STF to booth so I'm not gonna raise much EC with those.

And the final straw, SB24 and Cie. YOu guys get lucky and send into new instances? I get an already started instance 2 time out of 3, thats SUCKS big time. How to you get first when the instance is already half over, and getting first is the way to get the good stuf.

And that whole **** about scoring not been attached to DPS, BU**SH*T. I do with my engineer in my cruiser I get 2-3 and more and rarely first. When in my escort 1-2 sometimes 3. I know my escort with my engineer on board do about 4.5-5k dps, with cruiser 3.5-4k dps. Do a little math and you will know why I take escort into those.

To sum up they didn't compromise, they took it, made like they were giving us something back while taking it from somewhere else. People are getting fed up and you'll loose lots of them if you don't fix that soon.
    Jamal : Tactical space specialist. USS Bug Warrior and many others
    E'Mc2 : Science Reman torp T'Varo, deadly annoyance :P
    Kunmal: Tactical fed Klingon, ground specialist, USS Kanewaga
    Ka -tet Tier 5 fleet fully completed Starbase and fleet property
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    looks like this post got pushed back into obscurity so that most people won't get a look at it. Nice tactic to keep people from taking a look at it. Still no answer about the license eh PW?

Bump!

I am not happy. When we not happy we will talk to others in all facebook/twiter/foruns. Probably S7 will be the "Series finale".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys, check the latest release notes:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6705791&postcount=1
    The daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.

So they are killing off dilithium dailies, one by one. Foundry daily, B'Tran, and now this.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    savnoka wrote: »
    For those of you raging: Cool off. That's what Cryptic wants.

I'll cool off either when I'll leave permanently or when I'll have all my previous "purchasing power" from STF's restored (and that includes the same amount of drops , a loot bag at the finish and the ability to gain 1100-3000 Dil per run) .
    Instead of really addressing your issues, they'll half-TRIBBLE something and it will seem reasonable, and the anger will die down.

Maybe it will , maybe it won't .
    DStahl's "executive decision" to put back the 960 Dil into STF's certainly didn't energize the playerbase ... if the half/totally empty STF channels are to be believed .
    Instead of flaming, find the logical inconsistencies in between what they've stated and what they produced.

Many ppl have tried doing that , and they came to several conclusions :

- Someone lied -- either about the stated intent of the changes in the Dill economy , or about the ability of players to "earn more" .

- Many of the economic changes in S.7 were based on future projections that had questionable ties to the reality in game or player behavior .
    Ppl who made these changes seemingly do not play the game as players do . Neither in a casual fashion , nor in a hardcore fashion .

- Some of the S.7 changes were seemingly made to halt player progression .
    Be that progression in Starbases , progression in Dil earnings , progression in EC earnings .
    The seeming motto behind it all seemed to be :
    "we're giving you a choice (as to where you'll spend the little you have) , but be careful how you choose because you're gonna end up loosing either way " .

You can no longer contribute to both the Fleet Starbase progression or your own personal progression .
    For many players (who can't play all day long) it has been reduced to either one or the other ... , and players are sooooo happy about that one ... .

And I choose to RAGE about this BS ... -- well these multiple BS's . ;)
    (even tho I know I'm not doing my health any good)
  • pepattypepatty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hallo Dan Stahl, hallo Cryptic, hallo PWE!

The solution to the problem:
    remove dilithium as ingame currency

How generate profit without dilithium as ingame currency?
    Release more interesting items to the c-store. - Like before F2P was released.

If the players bored about doing the same content again an again and thinking about leaving STO?
    Continuous release story based new missions (not less than two per month).

You have not enough manpower for building two missions per month from scratch?
    Take the best from the foundry (maybe as contest) and release the two winner missions with a little excessive labor as standard missions.
    edited November 2012
    I still think Perfect World is cashing out on us, but first taking as much from us as they can before they lose their licensing rights to Star Trek for whatever reason they let it expire. I refuse to believe that these economy changes didn't originate with Cryptic Studios' asian paymasters, Perfect World, and were forced upon Cryptic Studios for enforcement. As little as the Cryptic Studios staff actually play the game, they're not that rediculously detached from the gameplay that they'd do what they did to the economy. They've been forced to do what they're doing to dilithium by the evil corporation that drives them. This is why I question whether the license is expiring soon. Cause the drastic crippling change in the economy leaves no choice but to pay for any progress at all. And the die hard players are going to open their bank accounts and take out a second mortgage to keep playing, so in the short term PW makes money...., however, mid to long term they'll lose their entire player base apart from the wealthy die hard Star Trek fans. And that means running the game down to the ground. Something a parent corporation would do to a company they plan on shutting down. Overreation? No. A realistic analysis of their in game economy change.

So I am asking in eanest, can anyone find out when they're due to renew their licensing rights to Star Trek? I keep looking but can't find the information anywhere.