What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

weekly pvp update thread mk2 - 11/15/2012

2»

Comments

• maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    havam wrote: »
    Quick someone make a video podcast, get Gecko on there, and show him this completely new, working as intended, never seen or heard before behavior. These guys only recognize Voldi when it hits them with a stick.

i remember too when they used another IP to show they "fixed" the issue
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • un3xp3t3dun3xp3t3d Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seating the boffs out of place clears it. If it doesn't change, wait a minute. It appears to lag for 10-20 seconds. Or at least that's my experience. That said, it is way to easy to reproduce this bug. Not sure what the devs are doing but clearly they aren't doing their jobs.

Oh that's right, "Here for the pancakes, and the lulz."
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pvp just got passed over for fleet marks again, now the daily fleet action mission gives fleet marks, instead of dil, SO THAT'S LESS DIL IN THE SYSTEM TOO.

thats right, another thing can get fleet marks now, but not pvp. still not pvp, the original fleet content.

EXPLAIN YOURSELVES CRYPTIC
  • fakehilbertfakehilbert Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pvp just got passed over for fleet marks again, now the daily fleet action mission gives fleet marks, instead of dil, SO THAT'S LESS DIL IN THE SYSTEM TOO.
    I prefer getting dilithium over getting fleet marks.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I prefer getting dilithium over getting fleet marks.

i would as well, but pvp should get both. fleet actions give dil per run, with pvp its just from dailys and wrapers
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In other news, nerds be raging. Nobody respectable, mind you...
    tick0 wrote: »
    So what exactly does Inertial Dampers do? The tooltip says "you will be disabled for much less time from abilities like Viral Matrix" - is this working or not?
    Bah. That's a description error, and thanks for pointing it out! We'll fix it asap.

The type of Disable that Inertial Dampers protects from is used by powers like Photonic Shockwave, Tricobalt Torpedoes and Magnetometric Overload.
    edited November 2012
    redricky wrote: »

Some folks did pick Bort up and used him to slap trouts about the face... or some such thing.

I just kind of did a /picard and was happy that I had gotten that far on my latest reroll...meh.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    redricky wrote: »

If Cryptic was wise... they would hand out free respecs instead of stupid titles and such for tribble weekends and such.

Instead yes it seems they almost do the "description" errors... and skill changes to tie them to skills ect... to force respecs.

They have never once given respecs after any major or minor change... compare that to pretty much every other MMO (where most times they force reset your points after a change so people don't just hold the respec)... it makes Cryptic look really greedy. Of course we all know they are so.... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • grindsmygears1grindsmygears1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If Cryptic was wise... they would hand out free respecs instead of stupid titles and such for tribble weekends and such.

Instead yes it seems they almost do the "description" errors... and skill changes to tie them to skills ect... to force respecs.

They have never once given respecs after any major or minor change... compare that to pretty much every other MMO (where most times they force reset your points after a change so people don't just hold the respec)... it makes Cryptic look really greedy. Of course we all know they are so.... lol

actually they have
    edited November 2012
    lifetime members ought to get as many respecs as they want as well. maybe give one a month for month to month subs as well?
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    What i would prefer is a free respec every week.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
    edited November 2012
    devorasx wrote: »
    What i would prefer is a free respec every week.

that'll cost ya ;)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sometimes, I wonder if the game actually revolves around respec purchases as this point.

Consider all the single character unlocks that they previously introduced...
    Consider the reputation grinds that they just introduced...
    Consider the "oopsies but no free respec" that they have previously admitted...
    Consider the "oopsies but no free respec" that are likely down the line...

Everything appears to point to trying to sell respecs.

Respec Trek Online...
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Actually they have.

dastahl wrote: »
    Fortunately, Season 6 (and now Season 7) have been such positive improvements to the game (and the health of the business), I've been able to increase my staff and for the first time in Season 8 - tackle something awesome and on my long standing engineering report to do list.

If things keep going this way - the team will be able to start knocking off all of the features and content goals we've had since day one. It really is a good time for STO and we hope that with your support - it continues!

Surely not PVP?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Eng Team now clears VM, another Sci nerf. instead of fixing the sub systems repair part of the skill tree another power has become useless.

Instead of multiplying by alive crew (aka 0 in pvp matches sooner or later) all you had to do was change the formula a little to make the alive crew and addition to a base line multiplier.

Oh FA now give FM, even without private queues its fleet content, PvP....zippo
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Eng Team now clears VM, another Sci nerf. instead of fixing the sub systems repair part of the skill tree another power has become useless.

Instead of multiplying by alive crew (aka 0 in pvp matches sooner or later) all you had to do was change the formula a little to make the alive crew and addition to a base line multiplier.

Well useless is probably strong word. Not everyone carries ET around. But yes, I do not like any of those "tweaks" to science skills.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Um ET is the only way to clear VM since.... a long time? Ok not the only way, I think red matter thingy works to. Maybe I missed something but it was like that for months.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aetam1 wrote: »
    Um ET is the only way to clear VM since.... a long time? Ok not the only way, I think red matter thingy works to. Maybe I missed something but it was like that for months.

No, so far ET would repair the currently disabled subsystem caused by VM, so does EPtX, Batteries, MW, and according to tooltip RMC (its broken). HOwever, VM would continue to cycle through the remaining subsystems.

The new version of ET, clears VM outright, so you restore the currently disabled subsystem, and no other susbsystems will become disabled. VM is gone.
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No, so far ET would repair the currently disabled subsystem caused by VM, so does EPtX, Batteries, MW, and according to tooltip RMC (its broken). HOwever, VM would continue to cycle through the remaining subsystems.

The new version of ET, clears VM outright, so you restore the currently disabled subsystem, and no other susbsystems will become disabled. VM is gone.

Hm, ok. I was pretty sure every time I used ET it actually removed VM. Maybe I was imagining it. I should probably drink less beer while playing... nah maybe not.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
    edited November 2012
    on the dil exchange its at 145 right now. wish i hadn't cashed out at 150

Just saw it was down to 137...

...wonder if they're going to pull more ways to get Dil out to try to stabilize the market at some point.
    edited November 2012
    And down to 122... during the day. Usually it's been running 5-10 higher during the day than at night. Wonder what it will drop to this evening and through the middle of the night...

Bloomberg needs a ticker for what Dil's trading at, eh?