test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone Else Getting Random Black Screen Lately?

Comments

• Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe you haven't noticed.. but were all on minimums and still getting it :)
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Progress report

Logged into season 7 on release with Max settings-Game Crashed after 10 min

logged into season 7 on release with norm setting- once again crash 5 min sector space

logged into season 7 on release with lowest setting- BIIIIIIIIIIIIG Crash after 30 seconds

Uninstalled Everything then re-installed-Can you guess what i was gonna put here

undated drivers to my integrated card - Ughhhh CRASH!!!!!!

Ran tons of scans- Do i have to say it again

Got pissed off and decided to play another game that does not crash im sure they will love getting my money more then cryptic:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    earloftharearlofthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So far from what i am noticing this has fixed 75% of all people issue with the graphics card crashes made by season 7.

Please ONLY install this if you a integrated intel graphics card. I can not predict what it will do on other systems. This is a driver downgrade you will need to overwrite your current drivers. During the install you will have a few min where your screen will go black, don't panic just wait.

Following the install, I was able to restore my graphics to there proper settings (recommended levels on STO )

you still seem to get a SMALL stick every now and then and although the stick for a third of a second is annoying it will not affect your gameplay.

If this works, please update your tickets and let them know what you did, Please make sure they have all your system info so they can pin down any systems that are still having the problems after this. Happy Gaming

I installed the following Drivers:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...ws+7+(64-bit)*
    Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
    Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
    (228 members and growing)
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please stop spamming your fake fix. It doesn't work. You have posted this garbage in three threads so far.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have posted this in all area's that pertain to this thread. I will continue because since I am the one that started on the thread on the tribble server and reported the problem first. I wish people that have the integrated graphics issue like I did to have the ablity to solve it.

It worked for me and 14 others so far, if it did not work for you then sorry about your luck, please inform on your ticket you created, what you did and what it did not work. So PWE can continue to work on your specific problem.

Everyone computer runs a different type of Software and Hardware.

I as this post stated, Run a Integrated Intel HD graphics card with windows 7.. and this worked.

Good luck with your issue, and keep your flame toward the people that created the issue, not us that are helping people solve theirs.
    Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    endafresh wrote: »
    Of bad news. Those of you using inferior or integrated graphics need to turn down EVERYTHING to minimum. Then slowly adjust settings until you get back to normalish.

I'm suspecting some graphical doodads were added that borked things.
    Also welcome to F2P hell. Devs no longer seem to give a damn about fixing their broken MMOs, but will happily keep demanding monthly payment for 'normal' gameplay.

Even on my nice rig that I custom-built, I still get some graphical issues in space with flickering backgrounds. Luckily I used the search feature and found some dev posts saying this was a known issue and no easy workaround to it so meh. Same deal with the glitchy/moving text at certain points (like doing the Academy Event while scanning particles). It happens but its cosmetic so not a huge priority to fix.

If the game isn't working for you, then something on your end may need to be updated or changed. MMOs get updated, gotta keep up or get left out >_<
    And yes, Cryptic needs to fix their **** ASAP, but in the meantime update your stuff and clear out unnecessary programs while you're at it. Running some maintenance (CHKDSK/Defrag) doesn't hurt either.

When the game is still doing this garbage in SAFE MODE, it's a pretty sure bet that it isn't a hardware issue, especially given that, as has been said dozens of times in this thread before, all of us were running the game just fine before Season 7 dropped. Please take the time to actually read a thread and understand the problem before you reply with unhelpful suggestions.
    earlofthar wrote: »
    I have posted this in all area's that pertain to this thread. I will continue because since I am the one that started on the thread on the tribble server and reported the problem first. I wish people that have the integrated graphics issue like I did to have the ablity to solve it.

It worked for me and 14 others so far, if it did not work for you then sorry about your luck, please inform on your ticket you created, what you did and what it did not work. So PWE can continue to work on your specific problem.

Everyone computer runs a different type of Software and Hardware.

I as this post stated, Run a Integrated Intel HD graphics card with windows 7.. and this worked.

Good luck with your issue, and keep your flame toward the people that created the issue, not us that are helping people solve theirs.

Downgrading your graphics drivers to an unsupported level may be an acceptable solution for you, but it is not a fix and causes secondary issues. Have fun breaking your computer. The rest of us will wait for an actual fix from Cryptic, the people that caused the problem in the first place.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Downgrading your graphics drivers to an unsupported level may be an acceptable solution for you, but it is not a fix and causes secondary issues. Have fun breaking your computer. The rest of us will wait for an actual fix from Cryptic, the people that caused the problem in the first place.

OK .. so let me explain this SLOWLY so you can get a grip on this.

1.) This driver update that was posted was the updated driver for 10/11 soooo if you are running it on a computer in production prior to that date it is act a UPDATED version of the driver the your original software that was installed. This will not BREAK your computer unless you are installing a driver on a unsupported graphics card. Even if you find that you did do that a simple restore point fixes that issue.

2.) As i stated, This does not erase the issue, you can tell by the small .3 second lag that you get every now and then the issue remains with the coding. This driver just doesn't treat it as a critical fault there by crashing it. Making the game stable enough to play with little issues.

3.) wait if you wish .. ask the people with the ATI cards that had the BSOD issue how that worked out for them... oh wait that's right they are no longer here...got tired of waiting. Why because sometimes like i have said many times the combo of hardware/softwhere conflicting with the code can be unique from system to system. Hence why some fixes work for some and not for others.
    Check out the other section of graphics problems related to the ATI cards.... there are MANY of "fixs' there. Also in that instance it had people reverting to previous version of a driver, or even updating there BIOS.

I understand that you feel the need to flame because your upset, but at least have a small grasp on what you are talking about prior to the flame. Flame against the cause, not those who are trying to help.

BTW ... 22 people so far have concluded this has solved the issue for them, at least until a perma fix .. this year or the next is created by PWE.
    Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
  • Options
    kaguraremixkaguraremix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rumblep wrote: »
    Here ya go cryptic... Error Ticket # 14182686

Gotta love that new code, just logged into a toon standing by quinns office on ESD and BAM!

"Fatal Error: Direct3D Driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating a texture.

Technical Details: DXGI_DEVICE_REMOVED while creating 2D texture size 64 x 64 (7mips, RTEX_DXT5), 1.55 GB RAM, 1.19GB virtual space available"

Now thats a brand spanking new error message that has never even graced this system before. Congratulatory messages to you in its creation. How about a fix Devs?
    yeah. i got the same problem.pls recover this problem soon as posibble
  • Options
    trianglendrusitrianglendrusi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know, I'm traditionally a console gamer. I've always held a dim view of PC gaming. My perception was that it was all about games that were great assuming you could actually get them to work, which you usually couldn't because nobody in the industry thought "will this run on a computer other than the ones in our offices?" was a question worth asking.

But then I learned STO was free to play, and I thought "why not?" So I gave it a shot, and... it worked! Not very well on my aging (and low-end when it was new) Inspiron, but the game ran smoothly--and beautifully--on my laptop. My laptop. So, seeing that, I concluded what I'd heard was an exaggeration. If a cool game like this worked on a laptop, surely PC gaming wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought.

That was October 27. Mere weeks before Season 7 rolled out.

Draw your own conclusions about how I feel now.
  • Options
    endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The odd thing is that I'd expect this from Chinese developers (like what PWE typically works with) but not from Cryptic.

My sympathies mostly lie with the suckers who were stupid enough to pay monthly or even lifetime-sub into this TRIBBLE.

Cryptic. Get some of your PR people to come on the forums. ASAP.
    Put a news post acknowledging these issues and that you're working on a fix. Then do it. Now.

I've never in my life seen such complete disregard for subscribers....oh wait nvm. The two Star Wars MMOs have been suffering the same fate. This some type of corporate joke at our expense or something? O_o
  • Options
    goatkilla182goatkilla182 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please stop spamming your fake fix. It doesn't work. You have posted this garbage in three threads so far.

It's not that I don't appreciate your efforts to do Cryptic/PWE's work for them but I need my computer to run software other than this game. If this game ends up being fixed by breaking other video-driver compatible software then that is a TOTALLY unacceptable fix. The likelihood of my continuing to use and contribute (financially) to this game depends on someone addressing this issue as soon as possible. Addressing this issue doesn't just mean fixing it but communicating that this issue is
    1. Taken seriously and currently acknowledged as a bug from the S7 update.
    2. Being actively worked on and a tentative timeframe for completion.
    3. Redress users who experienced this problem and have lost game-time. This is especially important because these bugs were reported in the beta by several of us and yet S7 was still released with the bugs.

-Goatkilla182
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    endafresh wrote: »
    The odd thing is that I'd expect this from Chinese developers (like what PWE typically works with) but not from Cryptic.

My sympathies mostly lie with the suckers who were stupid enough to pay monthly or even lifetime-sub into this TRIBBLE.

Cryptic. Get some of your PR people to come on the forums. ASAP.
    Put a news post acknowledging these issues and that you're working on a fix. Then do it. Now.

I've never in my life seen such complete disregard for subscribers....oh wait nvm. The two Star Wars MMOs have been suffering the same fate. This some type of corporate joke at our expense or something? O_o

QFT.

/10chars
  • Options
    shadow10052012shadow10052012 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here you have a set of graphic options wich will not crash your video driver when in space, or if it does, it will be very rare.
    Options marked with * can be changed at will.

Monitor vertical sync OFF
    Half resolution OFF
    Antialiasing NONE
    Dynamic lighting OFF
    Lighting quality HIGH*
    Shadows LOW
    Max lights per object 2
    Texture anistropic filtering 2x*
    World texture quality 150%*
    Character texture 100%*
    World detail distance 75%*
    Terrain detail distance 150%*
    Character detail distance 80%*
    Show high detail objects OFF
    Max physics debris objects 30*
    Raise settings in character creator OFF
    Postprocessing OFF
    Visual FX quality LOW
    Soft particles OFF
    Bloom quality LOW*
    Bloom intesity 100%
    Screen space ambinet occlusion ON (this is important, must be ENABLED)
    Cinematics focus ON*
    Underwater view OFF*
    Reflection quality LOW
    Lens flare quality OFF

Now for "Troubleshooting" i will list only those that are ON, those not listed are OFF including "Limit frame rate".

Limit CPU usage when inactive ON
    Mulitcore rendering ON
    Minimum shadow buffer bias ON
    Reduce CPU/GPU usage ON

Try them as listed first time, then you can modify those with * if necessary. I do not guarantee that these settings work, but they did for me and other players with same video issue.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Here you have a set of graphic options wich will not crash your video driver when in space, or if it does, it will be very rare.
    Options marked with * can be changed at will.

Monitor vertical sync OFF
    Half resolution OFF
    Antialiasing NONE
    Dynamic lighting OFF
    Lighting quality HIGH*
    Shadows LOW
    Max lights per object 2
    Texture anistropic filtering 2x*
    World texture quality 150%*
    Character texture 100%*
    World detail distance 75%*
    Terrain detail distance 150%*
    Character detail distance 80%*
    Show high detail objects OFF
    Max physics debris objects 30*
    Raise settings in character creator OFF
    Postprocessing OFF
    Visual FX quality LOW
    Soft particles OFF
    Bloom quality LOW*
    Bloom intesity 100%
    Screen space ambinet occlusion ON (this is important, must be ENABLED)
    Cinematics focus ON*
    Underwater view OFF*
    Reflection quality LOW
    Lens flare quality OFF

Now for "Troubleshooting" i will list only those that are ON, those not listed are OFF including "Limit frame rate".

Limit CPU usage when inactive ON
    Mulitcore rendering ON
    Minimum shadow buffer bias ON
    Reduce CPU/GPU usage ON

Try them as listed first time, then you can modify those with * if necessary. I do not guarantee that these settings work, but they did for me and other players with same video issue.

I tried these settings and the display driver still crashed. I then tried the game in safe mode with bare bones settings and it still crashed. Game worked fine before Season 7 patch at near max settings.
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want to thank posters for putting in the effort into finding working fixes for this issue, but I'd strongly caution against downgrading drivers in an attempt solely to get STO working again, especially if you're on a supported OS (like Windows Vista/7).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @robertcrayven, Are you using dx10 or dx9? select dx9 and restart game.
    Those settings work for me and other players, you can try to reset default settings , then apply my listed settings. Only problem i have now is that on the ground is lagging, but half resolution enabled solves this. My video driver crashed very bad before, after season 7 i ve played on the ground a few days, but now i didnt have a single crash. I have first Intel HD gpu from 2010 on this laptop.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I want to thank posters for putting in the effort into finding working fixes for this issue, but I'd strongly caution against downgrading drivers in an attempt solely to get STO working again, especially if you're on a supported OS (like Windows Vista/7).

I agree with this. Gimping your computer to fix a problem Cryptic caused is not an acceptable solution. That's like suggesting someone drive their car with three wheels and a donut because the dealership bent their fourth wheel.
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One tentative solution that might work for others:

Keep "Visual Effects" (by which I mean the specific setting, not just graphics in general) set to Low. This appears to have had a positive effect on my lappy where before I was having some of the worst consequences of this bug (my computer would hard restart without any warning while playing STO).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    esknasciliraihesknasciliraih Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried these settings and the display driver still crashed. I then tried the game in safe mode with bare bones settings and it still crashed. Game worked fine before Season 7 patch at near max settings.

I'm a first time player, so I don't really know what I'm doing (still in the tutorials), but I tried running it bare bones settings and it was a nightmare. I thought it was just trying to do too much but I guess I was wrong, it turns out I needed some of the settings higher.

I guess it's not working for you, but I just wanted to report my success so people don't just dismiss the idea right off the bat.

EDIT: It may also be because I'm still not in any kind of resource intensive areas, that has yet to be seen, but since using these settings I have seen head nor tails of the dreaded blackouts on my screen.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If anyone still has problems with video driver crashing, contact me ingame "His Shadow@shadow10052012". We ll work something out.

@esknasciliraih, It's not about low and high settings, game engine is bugged with pixel shaders/Screen space ambinet occlusion (SSAO), so game needs them in such a way that it doesnt crash the driver. This is a temporary solution, but devs must fix this and from my knowledge, they are working on it.
  • Options
    awesominator6000awesominator6000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Firstly before I start, I don't post much, but it doesn't mean I haven't been around since launch,

I'm in IT professional by trade so hopefully what I say here might offer help or advice for some, but what you choose to do with it is up to you,

I myself have an Inno3D nVidia GTX 580, 1.5GB of vRAM, fine,

In s7 testing on tribble I noticed an SSaO error on loading every time, (which subsequently transferred to holodeck, there is a thread about in the tribble section), taco personally took my screenshot of it to the graphics department and spoke with them, it's possible it's related (possible!)

Ultimately, I too am experiencing the same black screens, crashing the vid driver and I'm using the latest nvidia driver! Not intel.

The black screens are called "TDR's", basically too much data is being sent to the card and it can't cope within the default (I.e. set in the registry) timeframe, there is a Microsoft technet article proposing a way to change the default time out, for example from 1second to 2seconds, but unless you are extremely proficient with computers and can cope with potential system degradation or dataloss should something go wrong I would NOT recommend doing it.

Interestingly, I noticed yesterday in 'into the hive' ground, after having no less than 3 TDR's in less than twenty mins, that in the queen fight, I got a warning up (because I always have /showfps and /showmem up) that I was running out of VRAM at 800MB which I thought odd, it clearly stated it was culling textures, so I checked in the troubleshooting settings, and my Mem allocation was set to "auto", I promptly changed it to "1024+", almostly immediately everything was fine again, frame rate back to 30+fps,

My thinking then is this, has a calculation "auto" been screwed somehow?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Firstly before I start, I don't post much, but it doesn't mean I haven't been around since launch,

I'm in IT professional by trade so hopefully what I say here might offer help or advice for some, but what you choose to do with it is up to you,

I myself have an Inno3D nVidia GTX 580, 1.5GB of vRAM, fine,

In s7 testing on tribble I noticed an SSaO error on loading every time, (which subsequently transferred to holodeck, there is a thread about in the tribble section), taco personally took my screenshot of it to the graphics department and spoke with them, it's possible it's related (possible!)

Ultimately, I too am experiencing the same black screens, crashing the vid driver and I'm using the latest nvidia driver! Not intel.

The black screens are called "TDR's", basically too much data is being sent to the card and it can't cope within the default (I.e. set in the registry) timeframe, there is a Microsoft technet article proposing a way to change the default time out, for example from 1second to 2seconds, but unless you are extremely proficient with computers and can cope with potential system degradation or dataloss should something go wrong I would NOT recommend doing it.

Interestingly, I noticed yesterday in 'into the hive' ground, after having no less than 3 TDR's in less than twenty mins, that in the queen fight, I got a warning up (because I always have /showfps and /showmem up) that I was running out of VRAM at 800MB which I thought odd, it clearly stated it was culling textures, so I checked in the troubleshooting settings, and my Mem allocation was set to "auto", I promptly changed it to "1024+", almostly immediately everything was fine again, frame rate back to 30+fps,

My thinking then is this, has a calculation "auto" been screwed somehow?

Thank you for this. This is a much more logical explanation than all of the hogwash about computer systems suddenly becoming obsolete overnight, downgrading your drivers to break your OS so you can quasi-play, et cetera et cetera. I can easily see Cryptic TRIBBLE up code in the manner which you have proposed. I don't suppose Taco mentioned how long the developers intend to sit on their hands before doing something about this?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately not,

But I think I know now what is happening;

My error in my system error log states;
    "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    This is otherwise known as an EventID: 4101;

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1462.event-id-4101-display-driver-timeout-detection-and-recovery-en-us.aspx

Thus, within the past few revisions of the nVidia driver, there was a new feature added for adaptive performance because of what the GTX680 can do, thus in my driver options for a manual profile that I have created for STO (GameClient.exe), there is an option that states;
    "Power Management Mode" with the following options;
    Adaptive
    Prefer Maximum Performance,

I now suspect, that anything GFX driver, whether it be Intel or nVidia whereby it has not been forcibly set to a Maximum Performance setting (i.e. more power draw and full clock speed available), then the "auto" option in the game (under troubleshooting, in the graphics section) will mis-calculate and think that the GFX ability is only what is being reported, not what is available.
    Thus this appears to be an unfortunate co-incidence.

My fix, so far has been to set the mem allocation of my card manually to "1024+" and to manually set in my STO profile, in the nVidia Control Panel, the "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance",

never have I seen all the textures work properly, there was also no SSaO error when logging in, and the Tac Cubes have no more black triangles on them,

would be useful if people with more results, good or bad, post here also :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I agree with you on this.
  • Options
    chroncrossed2chroncrossed2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately not,

But I think I know now what is happening;

My error in my system error log states;
    "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    This is otherwise known as an EventID: 4101;

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1462.event-id-4101-display-driver-timeout-detection-and-recovery-en-us.aspx

Thus, within the past few revisions of the nVidia driver, there was a new feature added for adaptive performance because of what the GTX680 can do, thus in my driver options for a manual profile that I have created for STO (GameClient.exe), there is an option that states;
    "Power Management Mode" with the following options;
    Adaptive
    Prefer Maximum Performance,

I now suspect, that anything GFX driver, whether it be Intel or nVidia whereby it has not been forcibly set to a Maximum Performance setting (i.e. more power draw and full clock speed available), then the "auto" option in the game (under troubleshooting, in the graphics section) will mis-calculate and think that the GFX ability is only what is being reported, not what is available.
    Thus this appears to be an unfortunate co-incidence.

My fix, so far has been to set the mem allocation of my card manually to "1024+" and to manually set in my STO profile, in the nVidia Control Panel, the "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance",

never have I seen all the textures work properly, there was also no SSaO error when logging in, and the Tac Cubes have no more black triangles on them,

would be useful if people with more results, good or bad, post here also :)

I already tried changing mine to 768 in game options (it still crashed on 1024+) and haven't had time to really test it yet. I have not tried looking for a max performance setting on my Intel integrated card either. I don't remember seeing that in there last time I was looking for something else though.

If you are correct it would appear that both intel and nvidia would have both coincidentally just now included that setting only on their new drivers (because old ones don't seem to crash the game, at least for me). Anyway, I'll try it and see if it fixes things. If not, then I will stick with the old driver for now. I really do not notice any problems with my old driver elsewhere on my system so I may just be one of the lucky ones where using an outdated driver has no ill-effect elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just remember, laptops with intel chips sometimes have a Hybrid option, for "battery performance" etc
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I already tried changing mine to 768 in game options (it still crashed on 1024+) and haven't had time to really test it yet. I have not tried looking for a max performance setting on my Intel integrated card either. I don't remember seeing that in there last time I was looking for something else though.

If you are correct it would appear that both intel and nvidia would have both coincidentally just now included that setting only on their new drivers (because old ones don't seem to crash the game, at least for me). Anyway, I'll try it and see if it fixes things. If not, then I will stick with the old driver for now. I really do not notice any problems with my old driver elsewhere on my system so I may just be one of the lucky ones where using an outdated driver has no ill-effect elsewhere.

I don't think it was a driver update that did it. I think it was something that Cryptic wrecked on their end. My drivers are the same ones that I was playing Season 6 with flawlessly.
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ya it has to be something they screwed up most of us wer doin great till 7 rolled out then this and regretfully with this new update tonight still looks like we will be unable to enjoy this season anytime soon:mad::mad::mad:
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    All I can say is that, after doing my "fixes", I was able to play for just over 2hours without issue, NWS twice, some doffing and a go at hive ground and hive space,

I purposefully tried to test my card by getting into the thick of the action when all the effects were going off (dropped my framerate to 6fps at one point, do I know that worked),

I will keep an eye on it tonight, but so far I remain hopeful
  • Options
    chroncrossed2chroncrossed2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay I finally had time to test things out. After changing to the latest driver for my integrated Intel i3 video, I set the max performance setting and started playing. At first it seemed to have worked but I suddenly got a random crash again.

The test was done with the video limit set at 768. I changed it to 1024+ and it still crashed. I set it to 512 and it crashed as well. I changed back to my old driver and it does not crash no mater the video limit setting. I am not convinced it's the entirely the video driver because I know I was able to play fine with the updated one in season 6. It has to be something with Season 7's coding and the new driver. I guess it's possible that some Intel cards will work fine after awesominator6000's fix but mine for sure does not.

I guess I am going to just have to use my old driver to play the game. No big deal though as there do not seem to be any ill-effects on my system by doing so. Only problem is Windows seems to want to keep installing the updated one automatically for me randomly. I am going to have to change Windows update behavior and just do things manually for my updates as a work around to that though.

I will report back if for some reason my old driver suddenly crashes. If it does (and it has not yet) then I would be convinced it would have nothing to do with the driver at all and be something on the coding for S7.
This discussion has been closed.