test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 15, 2012)

13»

Comments

• thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow... Some of you people have obviously NO clue what was going on in the game, do you? They took the private ques away because people were farming dil from certain fleet events. A low level player like a rank 3 or 4 would host a game, and bunch of level 50 players would join, clear the map in 2 minutes, get 1440 dil, bypass the cooldown timer somehow, and do it all over again.

Lol, that's not happening, never happened and never will happen, do you think Cryptic would be that stupid to not think through their updates and ensure that any loop holes as a result of the S7 updates would be closed. Especially something as obvious as that which you mentioned.

I can categorically affirm that;
    A low level player like a rank 3 or 4 would host a game, and bunch of level 50 players would join, clear the map in 2 minutes, get 1440 dil, bypass the cooldown timer somehow, and do it all over again.

this was not happening. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im still angry about doffs but this is a good start. Purple doffs should cost no more than 1000 dil in an exchange.
  • rickscv1975rickscv1975 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol, that's not happening, never happened and never will happen, do you think Cryptic would be that stupid to not think through their updates and ensure that any loop holes as a result of the S7 updates would be closed. Especially something as obvious as that which you mentioned.

It did happen.. Was THERE just a few hours ago with a f***load of other people doing it. If I were you I'd get my facts straight before coming on the internet and sounding like a complete fool.
  • mikt1mikt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It did happen.. Was THERE just a few hours ago with a f***load of other people doing it. If I were you I'd get my facts straight before coming on the internet and sounding like a complete fool.

irony ... hard to understand by some...:D
  • gornthehuntergornthehunter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wow i can't believe that you never knew this was happening i mean the farming was going on for a long time, which is part of why the economy was crashing in a slow death spiral.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A low level player like a rank 3 or 4 would host a game, and bunch of level 50 players would join, clear the map in 2 minutes, get 1440 dil, bypass the cooldown timer somehow, and do it all over again.

^ you said this and you were wrong this is did not occur.

Regard my italics as well.... as the things in italics certainly did not occur at all. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • daxiii23daxiii23 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well thanks for the new content Cryptic

BUT due to ur changes regarding the STF reward system and the ridiculous new reassign BOFFs dilithium costs I will not spend much time with this game anymore

good thing SWTOR is going free-to-play ... I am sure they glady take the annoyed trekkies off of Cryptics hands

was a fun experience while it lastet see (a lot of) you folks in SWTOR soon :)
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like having to fight V'eger's little brothers. Before going after the queen.

They were defend the queen and her ship. Like the Federation did or tried to do at wolf359 and at Earth during First Contact.

Ilkie it that is was very hard and would get harder depend on what skill LVL you were on.

It wasn't meant to be a walk in the park.
  • siskofan1991siskofan1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daxiii23 wrote: »

BUT due to ur changes regarding the dililithium and especially the ridiculous new reassign BOFFs dilithium costs I will not spend much time with this game anymore

good thing SWTOR is going free-to-play ... I am sure they glady take the annoyed trekkies off of Cryptics hands

I'll be there. But since I'm F2P on SWTOR, and I have an LTS with STO, plus with all my friends being on STO etc, etc, STO will still be my main game. Unlike most people here, I'm just happy I can live out my childhood fantasy of commanding a starship in the Trek universe! In the end, that's good enough for me.
    Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
    Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
    Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
    Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nvm remove this
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patch is out
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012

they might have 'data confeming this we dont know for sur but the might have "data" from when the devs were with the players on holodeck that pvp to them was exponentally growing because of the nerfing that was going on with the doff system, the dilithium, and other things that people are finding nerfed. also i taking the "data" thing from cryptic/pwe words and thier ways to try to do pr stunts
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012

BUT due to ur changes regarding the STF reward system and the ridiculous new reassign BOFFs dilithium costs I will not spend much time with this game anymore

gl there but u will need to pay to can play
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    any ideas where purple mk12 stuff drops now? ... no loot in STFs anymore

You can still get a Mk XII purple drop in STFs. It's not a loot, it's a drop, and TBH purple Mk XII loot has often been engines for me so I won't miss it and like very much the new guaranteed nice loot from FAs (even ifi find these queues horrible).

For those worrying about duty officers... We had no doff grinder for months till recently. The grinder is a nice addition but in no way it is mandatory to get purple doff. I'll let you lurk the forums to find out how you could do this. FYI it took me months but now I have a roster of 350 purple doffs, and only a handful of them are support clones or come from the grinder. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • vhb1972vhb1972 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Gday guys I would like to say thank you for the link to the different time zones. Now that is a very handy link. I am glad that someone is showing some initiative on this now, and I would ask that this be kept up with for further post on scheduled maintenance issues etc cheers guys
  • tomatosquish42tomatosquish42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You have a lot to learn about companies that run F2P games if you think they take the time to close all the holes, or rather properly test content before releasing it. I cant count how many times (even just including the last 4-6 months) that I have seen patches in these games that had game breaking bugs in them that 5 minutes on a test server would have made blatantly apparent yet somehow the bugs went unnoticed.

With that in mind what he was saying about VA's and other Admirals joining groups with a lower rank and just powering through it to farm the dil was happening. I cannot say that they somehow bypassed the cooldown on them as I haven't seen that but the other part was in fact going on.
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is still an 8k a day refine limit in place.. We still can't refine more than 8k a day so why even TRIBBLE around with the dilithium rewards? Afraid we'll cut into profits?

You know Cryptic, people play your game to escape the messed up lives they have in this TRIBBLE poor economy we have. When you make things more expensive with dilithium, all it reminds them of is how much the cost of living outside of the game costs. So thanks for that I guess. I refuse to use the doff grinder anymore.
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vhb1972 wrote: »
    Gday guys I would like to say thank you for the link to the different time zones. Now that is a very handy link. I am glad that someone is showing some initiative on this now, and I would ask that this be kept up with for further post on scheduled maintenance issues etc cheers guys

That's not the first time if I'm not wrong it's been 2 or 3 months since they've added that link
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Maintenance is now complete! We'll see you in-game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.