test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 15, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, November 15th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kool, glad to see the steamrunner getting its stats fixed
    lovin it so far
  • admiralsvakadmiralsvak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does that mean you're fixing the crashing problem too?
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice updates but I do have one question? Why is there no official link on the website about the Steamrunner Class?
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Glad to hear about the dilithium re-integration, but what's the deal with the private queues. How long will they be disabled for? Until they get the lagged start button fixed?
  • smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What about fixes for the in progress "stuck" starbase projects, seeing multiple fleets chat and auto-fire not working on the Vesta in some cases. I would consider these fairly high priority bugs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • commanderleon1commanderleon1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    at least its 2 hours instead of 2 days
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    alot better but still not perfect BNP-dilthium needs a look at.

but thanks for making stfs playable again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm presuming other things may be worked on by next Tuesday.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    General:
    • The proper contact portrait will now be displayed when turning in New Romulus missions via the Hail button.
    • The Vesta's Graviton Shield FX will now display properly on the nacelles.
    • Fixed minor typos in Steamrunner Rewardpack descriptions.
      Updated Fleet Action rewards:
    • They now grant 480 Dilithium for space and 640 Dilithium for ground.
    • Updated the T5 Steamrunner base stats.
    • All base stats, HP, Shields, etc., were increased to T5 levels, including Shield Modifier.
    • Added Dilithium ore to STF mission rewards.
    • Private queues are currently disabled for both PvE and PvP.
    rofl

I see what you did there. You nerfed the fleet actions, so that you can restore some of the stf dilithium.

Too bad we couldn't keep both.
  • zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does that mean you're fixing the crashing problem too?

I doubt it otherwise it would be in the patch notes looks like I wont be playing sto for a bit:(
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • funkyfambaafunkyfambaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Right now STFs almost give nothing, only some marks and a BNP on elite. Theres gonna be a patch with each maintenance. I bet.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Right now STFs almost give nothing, only some marks and a BNP on elite. Theres gonna be a patch with each maintenance. I bet.
    See my post at the end of the first page.
  • rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How about the video drivers that are crashing...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=414741&page=2
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6592781#post6592781

just to name a couple of the mass of threads reguarding this particular issue
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rumblep wrote: »
    How about the video drivers that are crashing...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=414741&page=2
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6592781#post6592781

just to name a couple of the mass of threads reguarding this particular issue
    NOOOO right now graphics set fine they'll gonna mess with it :(

My congratulations for having repaired at least a part of the dilithium madness.
    What about repairing DOff Recruitment now? :rolleyes:

Anyway you did an awesome work with S7 in general. ;)

Just don't ruin the ingame economy more, it doesn't really need it. :P
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Private queues are currently disabled for both PvE and PvP

please tell me, what's the purpose behind this? without it, how are we suppose to do a planned STF beween FED and KDF fleet members? i don't really see an advantage in taking that possibility away, only concerns. you were wise to give back the STF dili reward, be that again.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NOOOO right now graphics set fine they'll gonna mess with it :(

My congratulations for having repaired at least a part of the dilithium madness.
    What about repairing DOff Recruitment now? :rolleyes:

Anyway you did an awesome work with S7 in general. ;)

Just don't ruin the ingame economy more, it doesn't really need it. :P

Graphics are not fine. A lot of people, myself included cannot even login without the game crashing with a blue screen of death.
  • rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    excuse me Alex... what do you mean "graphics set fine they'll gonna mess with it?" makes no sense boss.
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    there is a huge lose in dilithium gathering from this change, those fleet actions were easy money. but now you complainers can have your stfs give you di again, instead of more omega marks then you will ever need.

why the hell are private ques disabled? can i get a reason for this? we use those a lot!
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fleet actions gave dilithium before this patch are you sure ? , i have a crash to desktop when beam down to new romulus (spelling :P)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited November 2012
    why the hell are private ques disabled? can i get a reason for this? we use those a lot!

that's my question, too. i don't really understand, what benefit they wait from this move. my fleet use that frequently, too. it's good for planned STF-s for Fed or KDF fleets, and necessary for FED and KDF mixed teams.
    <3 Defiant <3

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It's completely bugged. Maybe not for you yet, but many people experienced it, including myself and my fleetmates. It's been bugged for months at least, especially with cross-faction queues, but season 7 has made it even worse.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It's completely bugged. Maybe not for you yet, but many people experienced it, including myself and my fleetmates. It's been bugged for months at least, especially with cross-faction queues, but season 7 has made it even worse.

yeah i know that, sometimes 1 people drops out, but that's manageable with a restart. but so be it, disable private, fix it, and than make it available again.
    <3 Defiant <3

edited November 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Interesting. What kind of bugs?

If someone recieves multiples invites to the same queue, we can't start the queue since he can't accept the remaining invites. When a KDF enters a private pve queue, it can prevent any FED to join. I'm also unable to invite many people from my frendlist/fleet for unknown reasons, I see them blocking invites although they don't, since we've checked the privacy settings multiple times. Sometimes grouping them solves the issue but it's not always working. And sometimes, even if someone accepts a single invite from one person only, he'll be displayed like the invite was still pending. It took us 5-6 minutes to make a private arena cross-faction queue yesterday, between the necessity to logout, not working invites, people unable to join, the need to /unhide like they have to do after playing STFs, etc. That makes private queues horrible.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wish Cryptic hadn't given in to all the complainers... :(

This change is a HUGE nerf to dil earning capabilties...
    The changes that came with S7 merely shifted dil farming from STFs to fleet actions. STFs rewarding omega marks and BNPs was enough for me, both can be turned in for dil (though marks only at T5 rep). Yes, i preferred getting some tangible loot at the end of the STF, but some regular gear would have been sufficient..
    Except for the removing of B'Tran (which was a double reward) and restrictions put on Investigate Officer Reports (which was exploited), both of which I understood, the amount of dil you could earn per hour was maintained in the S7 release, maybe even increased. With S7 it is possible to earn the same amount of dilithium in the same amount of time invested in the game (not counting foundry one-click/b'tran)..

With this change however, we will only be able to earn a little over half of what we were able to earn in the same amount of time before this patch, that includes both in S7 and pre-S7..
    This change once again favors STFs for earning dil over any other missions since they will award the most dil in addition to BNPs and marks which can also be converted to dil.. so far the incentive for playing FAs..

so yes we get a dil reward for stfs... but at what cost..? :(
    edited November 2012
    xbalanke wrote: »
    This change once again favors STFs for earning dil over any other missions since they will award the most dil in addition to BNPs and marks which can also be converted to dil.. so far the incentive for playing FAs..

Why do you want dilithium? To get equipement. Currently, you can also get equipement for ECs, including ships, and al you get from the exchange is now highly competitive, even for STFs, with the changes made on the [borg] proc. It's still Mk XI equipement but considering how easy STFs are, you could play them with Mk X white gear anyway.

So fleet actions are competitive. It's just not about dil, and now purple Mk XI stuff will be much cheaper, and will make dil optional if you're not a fanatic collector or completionist (but if it's the case the game shouldn't be based on your preference anyway). The loot you get from fleet actions are great, it's not dil but you don't need dil with those.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • moped1941moped1941 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What ever happens it still the best game.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The private queues thing is annoying, a whole week without being able to form an STF group, furthermore now we can't tell whose in the public queues we can't even arrange to me in a Public queue.

I realize that there are issues with the Private Queues, namely the aforementioned bugs and the new one where one has to change instance before the you can click start but I hope this isn't nixed for a whole full week. Pugs are ugly... I think I'll stick to KASE and ISE, though even they are less successful now you've made the invisible death torps even more frequent.:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited November 2012
    xbalanke wrote: »

i don't see any problems there. dilithium is the currency to obtain end-game gear. it's logical, that it should be available through end-game content mostly. this ridiculous 1440D for dumb fleet actions like SB24 would completely TRIBBLE up the dil market.
    and they don't removed dil completely from fleet actions, only nerfed it, so you can still earn dil with those missions if you want.
    <3 Defiant <3

• snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey, Cryptic dudes. :)

Would you consider changing one of the LT ENG stations on the Steamrunner into an LT UNI?

That would make the ship really sweet for STFs and PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We simply cant have enough dil in both FAs and STFs.
    960 as reward in FAs are too difficult for Cryptic?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.