test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 15, 2012)

Comments

• arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am very glad to see that the Cryptic team decited to listen to the players & put Dilithium back into the STF's
    THANKS for LISTENING to US-ON BEHALF of EVERYONE in MY FLEET Shadow Defense Force :-)
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • squonkmansquonkman Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The proper contact portrait will now be displayed when turning in New Romulus missions via the Hail button.
    The Vesta's Graviton Shield FX will now display properly on the nacelles.
    Fixed minor typos in Steamrunner Rewardpack descriptions.
    Updated Fleet Action rewards:
    They now grant 480 Dilithium for space and 640 Dilithium for ground.
    Updated the T5 Steamrunner base stats.
    All base stats, HP, Shields, etc., were increased to T5 levels, including Shield Modifier.
    Added Dilithium ore to STF mission rewards.
    Private queues are currently disabled for both PvE and PvP.

Don't you find it weird how the reward diminution for fleet action and the reward change for stf is phrased (no details about the amount awarded for stf and the way it's written it's confusing about how the reward will be given)?
  • daxiii23daxiii23 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=447711&highlight=tinfoil

seeing all these thanks, i cannot help being stunned how easily they get away with this ...
    removing all Dil and(!!!) loot ... coming back within one day saying "yeah sry, we listen to u players we will add it again"

*tinfoil head wrap mode on* ppl have warned, they ll do it to make u accept all the crappy changes *tinfoil head wrap mode off*

they added countless new dilithium sinks, ie:
    - STF projects
    - DOFF exchange/reassign
    (remember the old dil costs for this? here is the new ones:

"The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:
    White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
    Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
    Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium")

so in short, gettin a proper amount of dil without playing 24/7 ... almost impossible now,
    gettin proper gear (regular purple mk12 stuff) ... not possible anymore (at least in STFs),
    gettin MACO or OMEGA gear, spend all ur money on dil and maybe,
    gettin good purple DOFFs, spend all ur money on dil and maybe

WELL i am about to become a very casual player (if at all, maybe have a look at SWTOR), dont see why I should invest anymore time into this game
  • niddixniddix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any chance the bug stopping me from manning boff stations will be fixed? I've got 1 character that is completely unplayable because I can't put any boffs in stations.
    edited November 2012
    lets say i have all white doffs and i want to change into one purple, costs as follows:
    white to green:
    5 whites + 500 dil = 1 green
    green to blue
    5 greens + 2500 dill = 1 blue
    blue to purple
    5 blues + 5000 dill = 1 purple

5x5000 + 5x(2500) + 25x(500) = 50k dil

so one purple BOFF costing now 50k dilithium and 25 white boffs???
    and at the same time reduce the amount of dil u can get drastically

PS: yeah there are ways to get good BOFFs but those are too random and seldom
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The added dilithium will help, however I ran headlong into a bug yesterday. I can't place bridge officers!!! Once they are removed due to changing ships or if I wanted to simply change positions, they don't change. What gives? This should be an immediately, priority fix.
    edited November 2012
    any ideas where purple mk12 stuff drops now? ... no loot in STFs anymore
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can we get an idea of what the McSteamy will be buffed to? The shield mod we knew was coming, but the rest is a surprise.
    edited November 2012
    Private queues disabled, really? This kind of kills organised cross faction teams until it's back up, which I hope is before next week...

Oh and loot for STFs, can we get out deflectors back and other fun items? :rolleyes:
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOL that was a very hectic :D

Yeah I hope Private Queues return before next thursday :( bit of a game breaker really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I dindn't read this before:
    -Private queues are currently disabled for both PvE and PvP.
    What? Seriously? :confused:
    And when they will be restored?

Mah...
  • albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i've notice that the Graphic are a bit late to load up fully and every time i change my Starship i have to re do my officer station lay out so any chance they will be fixed soon?
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is the texture problem on the Vesta nacelles being fixed? The one where special shields don't alter them. The Reman set is the most obvious as not working but none of the special work on the Vesta nacelles or D'Kyr ring.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They should...

* make a pass over NR to fix all the holes, clipping and bad BOFF path-finding.

* fix all the video related issues. Obviously there is something in use under the hood that the drivers do NOT tolerate.

* put the dilith rewards in for all grind maps, minimum 512, max 1024.

* Adjust the time from 1.5 days to 16 hours/24 hours per assignment for the rep system.

* Provide a way in game to earn Embassy Supplies.

* Reduce or eliminate DOFF-procurement costs.

Lots of new games launching this time of year. Many existing games are also releasing major changes and updates. STO, you need to wake up and stop alienating your playerbase before you destroy everything.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any idea when the Foundry will be online?
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anyone having an unable to authenticate problem as of late.

If I continue to have this problem. What should I do ???
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Wait another hour and 15 minutes for the server to come back online.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • mawnee01mawnee01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Wait for the server to come back up.......
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    at least its 2 hours instead of 2 days

If they went by the book, hours would seem like days.
    edited November 2012
    Ok,

I was just hoping that the steam starter pack I downloaded from steam lastnight wasn't goin cause more problems
  • siskofan1991siskofan1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they went by the book, hours would seem like days.

Hours instead of days. Now we have minutes instead of hours...
    Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
    Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
    Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
    Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
    edited November 2012
    It's also very odd that they would put out season 7 at almost the same time SWTOR is going F2P this week.

Today in fact in about 2.5 hours from now CST at around 1PM CST
  • mikt1mikt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Time for a break until private queues are back.

No offense cryptic... but putting attention into loading screens and a new UI for PvE which previously worked (more or less) and not fixing the core stuff... is a fail in my book.
    Just don't fix something that already works. Besides .. that stuff was pointed to you on tribble countless times.

Congrats for New Romulan Map. I actually explored it thoroughly finding the accolades.
    About the missions , a few don't make sense like
    -the reports only available during alerts = fail.
    -going solo will finish in failure on the timed missions = fail

Azure Nebula
    - a good team can have those ships liberated pretty fast, but waiting for the next ones for 2 minutes to spawn in a timed mission ?! = fail

Into The hive Ground
    -Forcing cinematics to play while the borg attacks or the floors are going electrical ?! = fail

Into The hive space
    -having the Queen doing 150k damage to players out of 10km range with an unknown ability = fail

Space STF's
    -having the Cubes doing 50k+ damage to players out of 10km range with invisible weapons = fail.
    I understand challenging, but as it is ... its just ridiculous. The applied damage is way ahead of the actual torpedo hitting the ship, leading to situations where a player is even 20km away and blows up for no apparent reason.

SFA General Doff Recruitment = Fail
    Doff grinder : As pointed above, 1 Purple would cost ~50k dil = fail

Private Queue down = Fail

Foundry Down = fail
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In regards to the loss of DIl in STF it was killing STFs. The player base dried up. You could not get into an elite match to save your life, and people refused to do anything but ISE because of time vs reward.

Another problem with the private que was that if one person was not in sector space it would not launch.
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Look, Mr. Scott, I'd love to explain everything to you, but the Captain wants this spectrographic analysis done by 1300 hours.
    [La Forge goes back to work; Scotty follows slowly]
    Scotty: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
    Scotty: How long will it really take?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: An hour!
    Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.
    Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they only bringing the private pvp down because they are too scared of people inviting them to pvp to whip them in it and calling the pvp "into the hive of cryptic/pwe" and they love nerfing anything they seem fitting to nerf
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's also very odd that they would put out season 7 at almost the same time SWTOR is going F2P this week.

Today in fact in about 2.5 hours from now CST at around 1PM CST

How is it odd? They'd want fresh new shiny content for STO to keep their players from hopping over to SWTOR. Today's downtime is purely because of the backlash caused by Cryptic/PWE's own greed in removing dil from STFs , so is their own fault.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    They should...

* make a pass over NR to fix all the holes, clipping and bad BOFF path-finding.

* fix all the video related issues. Obviously there is something in use under the hood that the drivers do NOT tolerate.

* put the dilith rewards in for all grind maps, minimum 512, max 1024.

* Adjust the time from 1.5 days to 16 hours/24 hours per assignment for the rep system.

* Provide a way in game to earn Embassy Supplies.

* Reduce or eliminate DOFF-procurement costs.

Lots of new games launching this time of year. Many existing games are also releasing major changes and updates. STO, you need to wake up and stop alienating your playerbase before you destroy everything.

^^^ Pay attention to that, Dev's.
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Look, Mr. Scott, I'd love to explain everything to you, but the Captain wants this spectrographic analysis done by 1300 hours.
    [La Forge goes back to work; Scotty follows slowly]
    Scotty: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
    Scotty: How long will it really take?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: An hour!
    Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.
    Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

One of the best TNG episodes in my opinion.
  • rickscv1975rickscv1975 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    they only bringing the private pvp down because they are too scared of people inviting them to pvp to whip them in it and calling the pvp "into the hive of cryptic/pwe" and they love nerfing anything they seem fitting to nerf

Wow... Some of you people have obviously NO clue what was going on in the game, do you? They took the private ques away because people were farming dil from certain fleet events. A low level player like a rank 3 or 4 would host a game, and bunch of level 50 players would join, clear the map in 2 minutes, get 1440 dil, bypass the cooldown timer somehow, and do it all over again.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mikt1 wrote: »
    Into The hive Ground
    -Forcing cinematics to play while the borg attacks or the floors are going electrical ?! = fail

our whole team died from a same cinematic in hove onslaught: we watched how the command ships warped in, while the last tac cube exploded, and the explosion kill every one of us (secon optional = aaaand its gone). this is a very huge mistake. if the game force us to watch that cinematic, than give us dmg resist for that period. or don't force us to watch it at all.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
This discussion has been closed.