What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breaking News: 'some' dilithium changes to be reverted

Comments

• Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wait, is the fleet action dilithium being reduced then? said between 460 and 680 or something in that section, its 1440 in game right now.

It's being reduced in a patch when they add back dil to STFs.

FAs are dead again.
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    kandorous wrote: »

FAs are dead again.

but you can still get 2 purple items for finishing first, not too bad either:)
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    isn't that the pot calling the kettle, you don't even play the game and yet you're here....who is really bored :rolleyes:

Lol, what a pathetic come back.

I am not bored m8. If you read some of my posts, you will know I find these forums more than interesting.

Don't bring a Miranda to a Defiant battle m8...:)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012

FAs are dead again.

FA are going to die again :(

so might as well just kill it completely and put it how it use to be and give the STF's back their bloody Dil :mad:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hrci2907 wrote: »
    but you can still get 2 purple items for finishing first, not too bad either:)

I don't think many would play FAs for gear. The draw was the 1440 dil.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I didn't read ANYWHERE in the updated blog where this dilithium was a direct reward to the players daily ore pool, I read it as a BNP/OM bonus that can can be converted via projects (additional cost).

Another fail in my book.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How so? If your talking about Doffs required for Starbase Projects, you don't need Green/Blue/Purples any more. They are all White now.

The "General Recruitment" Doff mission has a charge of 1000 dilithium added to it. IMO it's a bit steep especially when you have no idea what quality of Doffs you'll get with it. At least buying the Duty Officer packs from the C-Store you know that x-amount will be green, blue, and purple.

While the starbase projects now only require common Doffs (this is good), the problem is that some categories are still pretty hard to come by. For example, Medical & Security Doffs. My fleet is swimming in Science and Tactical Doffs, but we rarely get any Medicals or Security to fill out a project. So what we would do is upgrade the excess Doff inventory, then shred the greens back down to whites. It wasn't a perfect process, but it has helped us get Medical, and Security, Doffs in the past. With the increased upgrade costs, this will likely not be an option for us any longer.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    Lol, what a pathetic come back.

I am not bored m8. If you read some of my posts, you will know I find these forums more than interesting.

Don't bring a Miranda to a Defiant battle m8...:)

and you assume I'm bored...not really I come on the forums the same reason as you to watch the scream and yelling and crazy off the wall things people say , and I throw in my two cents into the mix at times.

But if i ever stopped playing this game i would never ever come back in any form. It's like breaking up with your GF and then stalking her on FB to see what she says next. there are plenty of forums on the internet for off the wall comments...but since i still play this game I go on the forums here. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Fleet Actions (such as Starbase 24, Gorn Minefield, etc) now award between 480 and 640 Dilithium

haha enjoy deserted FAs again, with that low reward there is no point, since 2x FA is ~ 1 STFE reward wise. 2 FAs need ~20 minuts 1 STF ~10-12 minutes, do the math. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

FAs are dead again.

EARTH TO DAN, you cant do both a fleet action and an STF at the same time! :mad:

this is what you call a dilithium nerf, wile calling it a buff at the same time. i REALLY hope you stf complainers are proud of yourselves, really. thank you soooo much for this nerf :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    and you assume I'm bored...not really I come on the forums the same reason as you to watch the scream and yelling and crazy off the wall things people say , and I throw in my two cents into the mix at times.

But if i ever stopped playing this game i would never ever come back in any form. It's like breaking up with your GF and then stalking her on FB to see what she says next. there are plenty of forums on the internet for off the wall comments...but since i still play this game I go on the forums here. :D

I will give you the first part.

The second, nah.

I don't play football any more, but I still watch it.

I don't like George Lucas, but I still like Star Wars.

I don't play WoW any more or DC online, but I read the forums.

Still, at least you have upgraded from your Miranda;)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    ut47ut47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Big shame if this kills Fleet Actions again, I was really enjoying the instant queues :(
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its very possible the change was mandated by the higher ups at PWE and Dan wasn't a fan of them and was on our side. The change could have been given to him last minute and that's why we never knew it was on its way. STO is part of PWE "experiment" with Western gamers so these growing pains should be expected.

Lets see what changes get made but at least its a compromise and I hope everyone can at least appreciate that.

You're trek fans, so everyone should be a supporter of diplomacy and compromise.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why is everyone thanking Cryptic for this reversal? It's like thanking the person that just kicked you in the groin and then handed you an icepack for it.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012

but my ex g/f is not a big IP like star trek now is it? even if you dont play the game you still in my book have the right to complain all you like as long as what you are complaining about you have tried it before you knock on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Why is everyone thanking Cryptic for this reversal? It's like thanking the person that just kicked you in the groin and then handed you an icepack for it.

1000 times this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd imagine that the only "spoken" things that they were listening to were whatever notifications they get that a player has cancelled their subscription. Between the people mentioning that they had done so, and the players I know personally that have done so, there have to have been hundreds if not thousands of lost subs in the past couple days. Even with this compromise, I doubt they'll get even half of those back. They can't bring one thing back at the cost of nerfing something else and expect that much satisfaction.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012

So true. Actually people should be saying "You should have known better, Cryptic. Don't do this again. It's probably the dumbest move in your company history since ED."

Btw, I wasn't mad at ED since I wasn't 6-slotting anyhow but people who were I remember how POed they were. But that's more accurate of what people should be saying instead of thank you.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Don't ask me.

I find it quite amusing and nauseating at the same time.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I get the sneaking suspicion this happened on purpose. They took everything away to go "Here ya wusses, have your Dilithium back." Making the Tribble changes not seem so bad.

Granted, it's not all that terrible, and this may not even have been intentional, but credit where it's due, someone at Cryptic is a pure genius of the evilest sort whether they know it or not. :D
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another failure. But hey, at least it wasn't epic quality of the one they did when they removed STF dilithium and hoped we wouldn't notice. We were promised there would be 480 and 960 dilithium reward for STFs, then it was stealth killed at the last minute when the patch was applied to Holodeck.

Now they fix their broken promise because people are rightfully pissed off, then also nerf the FA dilithium reward which actually made them worth doing if you don't care about coming in the top 3, in the process pissing more people off. They're on a roll now.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Because we're adults. They made a business decision we didn't like so as with most business decisions we were told to take it or leave it. Some folks took it and some left.

Now we're back at the table to see what the new offer is. We're glad they are at the table and we're glad they want to talk again.

They didn't slap you in face as much as you'd like to think. They didn't make the changes to STF out of Malice. They did it to make money. I didn't like the original decision but I understand why it was made.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    I will give you the first part.

The second, nah.

I don't play football any more, but I still watch it.

I don't like George Lucas, but I still like Star Wars.

I don't play WoW any more or DC online, but I read the forums.

Still, at least you have upgraded from your Miranda;)

Off topic, Disney or Lucas?:)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Instead of pissing everyone off. Go back to Season 6 Dill rewards for STFs and FAs.

Problem solved everyone is happy.
  • Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Off topic, Disney or Lucas?:)

Disney. Im hoping they release the unedited versions. No ****ing Greedo shooting first.
  • Options
    izdubar6izdubar6 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still an awful design plan for dilithium overall. I bet they could be successfully sued since real money is involved.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea to remove it in the first place, shows what their priorities or thinking patterns are, and it doesn't fill me with confidence.
  • Options
    dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    talien wrote: »
    Another failure. But hey, at least it wasn't epic quality of the one they did when they removed STF dilithium and hoped we wouldn't notice. We were promised there would be 480 and 960 dilithium reward for STFs, then it was stealth killed at the last minute when the patch was applied to Holodeck.

Now they fix their broken promise because people are rightfully pissed off, then also nerf the FA dilithium reward which actually made them worth doing if you don't care about coming in the top 3, in the process pissing more people off. They're on a roll now.

I seriously don't understand the FA nerf, it's not like you can do both at the same time. They could've just extended the timer on it since Dilithium IS a time gated currency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the FAs might've been overberfed. I think maybe around 800 base or so would be a good number. With extra for coming in the first few places.

Might this show how much people were spamming the DIl heavy FAs in just 2 days lol.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great, 960 on elite STFs, good choice for S7 and players but... 480 on FAs? C'mon, they will die again Cryptic :( Set 960 on FAs as well...

And, atm, with tomorrow changes, we'll farm less dil then now. Today one player can farm 4-5 FAs @ hour, easily doing MORE than dil cap, but now? They nerfed again general dil reward...