Install Arc
Options

Breaking News: 'some' dilithium changes to be reverted

Comments

• Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Information incoming very shortly :)

B'Tran can still be charted though the "Explore Strange New Worlds (Daily)" for Dilithium.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

yes cluters back
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Fleet Actions (such as Starbase 24, Gorn Minefield, etc) now award between 480 and 640 Dilithium

That's... meh.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So for those of us who don't play STFs, this is... another nerf...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the previous STF elite dilithium rewards will probably be half of what they were originally, but that will be better than nothing.

most definatly yes 260 500 on elite i would think more dops of gear recycle for EC so you can advance reputation system to tier 1
  • Options
    captainmorgan210captainmorgan210 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fleet Actions (such as Starbase 24, Gorn Minefield, etc) now award between 480 and 640 Dilithium
    Honestly fleet actions should award less dilithium than STFs. Fleet actions require no skill what-so-ever; you go in, blow things up, collect your drop and leave. STFs require some kind of strategy, so the rewards should be greater. I would say fleet actions should award 480-720, old elite STFs 960, and Hive Onslaught Elite 1440.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    kandorous wrote: »
    That's... meh.

depends on fleet rank as well I get 1440 in starbase 24
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OP updated with link. Wonder when these changes go live.
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Goes as high as 1440, the better you do, the more dilithium you get
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great. Instead of maxing out my dilithium refinement in about 1 hr to 1 1/2 hours with fleet actions, it's back to STFs... With having to waste time building teams or hoping the pugs don't suck.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Information incoming very shortly :)

B'Tran can still be charted though the "Explore Strange New Worlds (Daily)" for Dilithium.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Any chance of a dedicated front page post regarding this, rather than burying it in an edited previous post?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    depends on fleet rank as well I get 1440 in starbase 24

But that's changing. They are reducing it to "balance" giving Dil rewards back to STFs.
  • Options
    bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will there be any consideration given to reversing the dilithium costs that were added to Doff recruitment? This is going to be very harmful for small fleets if it remains as is.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    But that's changing. They are reducing it to "balance" giving Dil rewards back to STFs.

Yeah, it's a victory... For cryptic. Why don't people understand cryptic is trying to balance dilithium rewards and costs. For them to give something, they'll have to take away something. When season 7 was released the player was at a distinct advantage, once these changes go live they'll be at a disadvantage.
    Will there be any consideration given to reversing the dilithium costs that were added to Doff recruitment? This is going to be very harmful for small fleets if it remains as is.

The reason dilithium was removed from STFs in the first place was because the dilithium sink in the reputation system was removed.

Removing the dilithium cost for doff recruitment would mean there would be a nerf to dilithium rewards somewhere else.
    Previously Alendiak
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well now every gets the shaft. Congrats we all lose YAY!! :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At the very least, they should be reduced.

5 Common > 1 Green = 250 Dilithium
    5 Green > 1 Blue = 500 Dilithium
    5 Blue > 1 Purple = 1250 Dilithium (max)

As far as the Duty Officer Recruitment Goes, that should be free unless you're upping the content (Blue & Purple instead of Common & Green).
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So.. is anyone even going to bother with Fleet Actions now?
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    LOL,
    Cryptic, you lightweights- folding under a few players complaints. I was so hoping for a mass player exodus and collapse of this game. You guys are your own worst enemies.

Rookies

So, what I don't get is "who" exactly is Cryptic listen too? It's not these forums as they are so fond of saying that "we" forum dwellers only make up a miniscule part of STO, so they really don't listen to us.

I don't play this crappy game, so is it in game chat where the complaints are?

Even though these forums may only be a small player base, I still think they underestimate these forums and that when they are "a light" with righteous fury, it is then passed on to other sites and other "media".

Oh and before the "supporters" come on and tell me "why do you still come to these forums", well the answer is simple, I have had more fun on these forums in nearly 3, years then I have playing STO...:) To me, these forums are STO. It's a lot cheaper and less grindy;)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    As far as the Duty Officer Recruitment Goes, that should be free unless you're upping the content (Blue & Purple instead of Common & Green).

My thoughts exactly, charging that much for recruiting five random DOFFs is inexplicable, and really screws over my starbase development.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So.. is anyone even going to bother with Fleet Actions now?

Not a chance.
    Previously Alendiak
  • Options
    solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Well now every gets the shaft. Congrats we all lose YAY!! :D

Yay. Why not just play the game and enjoy, instead of coming on to these forums defending Cryptic for everything they do.

I thought those people who really enjoy STO, don't bother with these forums, as they are too busy enjoying the game?

Me thinks the supporters are just as bored as many others:)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012

How so? If your talking about Doffs required for Starbase Projects, you don't need Green/Blue/Purples any more. They are all White now.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would not bother with the fleet actions unless they did a fleet action That is fun or easy, or gave one a dilithium reward in excess of 6000.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    STF will reward dili again.

Now I no longer regret getting my Vesta and Ody.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    STF will reward dili again.

Now I no longer regret getting my Vesta and Ody.

I just hope so. That will put a lot of player's outrage out, and make STFS worth playing again.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    solomace wrote: »
    Yay. Why not just play the game and enjoy, instead of coming on to these forums defending Cryptic for everything they do.

I thought those people who really enjoy STO, don't bother with these forums, as they are too busy enjoying the game?

isn't that the pot calling the kettle, you don't even play the game and yet you're here....who is really bored :rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im sure this had nothing to do with the lynch mob gathering outside the Cryptic offices.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    How so? If your talking about Doffs required for Starbase Projects, you don't need Green/Blue/Purples any more. They are all White now.

But it now costs Dilithium to recruit them. I believe it's a new 2000 Dilithium fee to run the General DOFF Recruitment mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wait, is the fleet action dilithium being reduced then? said between 460 and 680 or something in that section, its 1440 in game right now.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    solomace wrote: »

you have a very good point !!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    wait, is the fleet action dilithium being reduced then? said between 460 and 680 or something in that section, its 1440 in game right now.

It would seem so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]