What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breaking News: 'some' dilithium changes to be reverted

Comments

• Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This was as exactly as someone predicted and not a surprise.

I doubt it will be a long term solution as they will mess with it again when they think they can get away with it.

One would have thought the Doff BUG Pack Promo and Vesta would have made enough cash that annoying the player base wasn't worth it.

Nor do I believe a sensible balance system will be put forward, though I have tried to suggest a generic across the board approach in an unfortunately lengthy post.

I would suggest that Cryptic consider a new community manager who might have a chance at being taken credibly. For weeks players have been expressing concern at dilithium loss in the forums then it happens and suddenly its noticed how negatively this is viewed.

Oatmeal either your an incompetent idiot or a flat out liar,.... with the ham fisted subtlety this has been done maybe both.

Also as the release date being about now I predicted to a friend I predicted that with the release Tuesday they'd get bugs/problems just in time for emergency changes for Thursday update.

I feel sorry for the programming crew working without much sleep over the next day.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hooray for the change only hope its back to the old way.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    thef0xguythef0xguy Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, fancy that.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm expecting it to be less than FAs get for STFs although, honestly, if they were equal, I'd still play FAs more because they're easier. I'd just play a mix of FAs and STFs.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Information incoming very shortly :)

B'Tran can still be charted though the "Explore Strange New Worlds (Daily)" for Dilithium.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Nope, not worth going all that way when you could easily go 5 seconds from esd to Delta Volanis :rolleyes:

You be silly Brandon ;)
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    old way.

I t will never be back to the old way.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lets hope they reverse the foundry daily console clicker :P
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darthwoo wrote: »
    Personally I think that we should get a 20% off C-Store sale (excluding the Vesta of course) as recompense for all this mess.

How utterly unsurprised I am that someone would try to take advantage of the situation.

...so pathetically.

WE want 50% off fleet upgrade modules as an apology.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    graysock wrote: »
    well good to hear, but TBH right now you can make ~6k in 30-40 minuts with fleet actions+daily fleet action. Also pvp delivers dil as fast as ever.

I never ran STFs for dill because they took to long to reach the limit, I only did them for gear and only took me 300 stf+ to get all the gear at least once...:rolleyes:

Still STF without dill are imo pointless, who backs up all there marks till they reach T5 in a month or 2.

If you ever completed over 300 STFs that means that you at least got 300 EDC, 600 EDC if Elite... Do you know how much Dilithium and FREE Mk XI gear that represents? And that is without even accounting all the Borg salvages and random drops you got by doing them.

Simply put, pre-season 7, doing STFs were hands down the most profitable way to get just about everything. And it was as it should be, considering it was the "hardest" content of the game.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are any of you really going to believe a single thing that comes out of stahl's mouth?? Considering the utter TRIBBLE that's fallen from his lips thusfar and the anything but straight answers many have received in the Q&A's, this person has less than no trust factor in my opinion.
  • Options
    authuriousauthurious Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope they remove the currency herpes (Dilithium) from the Doff recruitment and reduce the cost of upgrading doffs, the old system was fine. The current White > Green 500dil, Green > Blue 2500dil and Blue > Purple 5000dil is just outrageous.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    How utterly unsurprised I am that someone would try to take advantage of the situation.

...so pathetically.

WE want 50% off fleet upgrade modules as an apology.

Ehh, I was just trying to be reasonable. I mean, hadn't there been such a sale on or around the start of the past couple new seasons anyway? I was really hoping for one since this was supposed to be such a huge new season full of content and whatnot.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And this 'players have spoken' nonsense doesn't even begin to make up for what Cryptic attempted to do here, and we shouldn't forget this - it shows Cryptic's true colours, and what they tried to and evidently will repeatedly try to get away with in the name of a buck or two. The way they treated their players is pathetic and inexcusable.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Frankly, in some respects, I think Cryptic has too many gameplay types for the size of the game they have. In some respects, I always thought STFs should have been rolled into Fleet Actions for the non-Elite version. Then they could just have "Elite" 5 player fleet actions for select FAs for hardcore players. I can actually picture Infected, The Cure, Into the Hive, and Khitomer Accord being fun with 20 players in the normal mode versions if the optionals and enemies got retuned.

Heck, they could make the Manus fight require all 12 nodes to be synchronized, which would be kinda cool if done right.
  • Options
    yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What it means is they are reducing SB24 and reinstating dilithium on STF's at a reduced level.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally I think that we should get a 20% off C-Store sale (excluding the Vesta of course) as recompense for all this mess.

I should think we are lucky with them thinking about reconsidering in the first place!

Expecting a sale might be a tad overzealous/greedy :p (dont get me wrong, i've been waiting for a sale to temp me into kdf toys.. >:D)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some one mentioned about 'Black Friday' Sale. hey isn't that just the day after Thanksgiving (UK here but thank heaven for wiki to explain these things). Erm also isn't that the day the DOFF BUG pack promo ends....
  • Options
    authuriousauthurious Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    And this 'players have spoken' nonsense doesn't even begin to make up for what Cryptic attempted to do here, and we shouldn't forget this - it shows Cryptic's true colours, and what they tried to and evidently will repeatedly try to get away with in the name of a buck or two. The way they treated their players is pathetic and inexcusable.

We're a testing platform for future perfect world games. I'd expect the line to be drawn and pushed a few steps further every so often. In this case they clearly exceeded the line and it's quite likely costing them.

"The players have spoken" likely means player and purchase activity has taken a dive. Seeing as how money is the loudest voice we have.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ehh, I was just trying to be reasonable. I mean, hadn't there been such a sale on or around the start of the past couple new seasons anyway? I was really hoping for one since this was supposed to be such a huge new season full of content and whatnot.

:D
    NP, just messing with ya and hoping that SOMEDAY Cryptic would fix their KDF fleet ship upgrade cost problem.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I admit i am kindof disappointed. The total meltdown of the STO economy was at least as interesting as the new Season 7 content.

I hope he goes short and we see the meltdown anyway, because train wrecks are fun... to watch.
  • Options
    cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the previous STF elite dilithium rewards will probably be half of what they were originally, but that will be better than nothing.

Agreed, 100%!!!
    I will take anything, but just something since there isn't any loot or dillithium anymore.
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You will be linked to the S7 Dilithium post.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    I am in the "believe it when I see it " camp right now.

After the monumental cockup that Dan Stahl and Al "Gecko" Rivera have caused. It would not surprise me to hear to little too late from most of the playerbase.
    We can only get robbed and lied to so many times by the people that run this game.

This just proves how out of touch you devs really are with the playerbase. Something that cannot be "fixed" by anything but yourselves.....
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Normal STFs*:

480 Dilithium
    Approx. 20 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
    Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks

Elite STF Runs*:

960 Dilithium
    Approx. 60 Omega Mark per STF (Varies per STF)
    Bonus Objective: +25% more Omega Marks
    1 Borg Neural Processors

Back to what they were to be before the Silence and the Sudden Change.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So with dilithium reinstated, will featured STF Wednesdays be restored as well? How about featured Fleet Actions too?
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dev blog 17 has been updated with data. Just found that out by accident.

Apparently fleet actions are getting nerfed. :(

But STFs now reward the 'promised' amounts of 480 and 960 respectively.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,813 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Petitions are not allowed on the forums. It's not helping.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Petitions are not allowed on the forums. It's not helping.

Heh, as I was looking down to the new post I misread that as "Positions are not allowed on the forums." I would not have been shocked had it actually been the case.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    But STFs now reward the 'promised' amounts of 480 and 960 respectively.

well then... thx for this cryptic!
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fleet Actions (such as Starbase 24, Gorn Minefield, etc) now award between 480 and 640 Dilithium