test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breaking News: 'some' dilithium changes to be reverted

tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
From Twitter by Dstahl
The players have spoken and the STO team have decided to reverse some of the Dilithium changes of Season 7. Stay tuned for an announcement

Speculate people.

ok so here's the news
Post edited by tobar26th on

Comments

• Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    From Twitter by Dtahl

Speculate people.

I'm guessing the previous STF elite dilithium rewards will probably be half of what they were originally, but that will be better than nothing.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    zimmerman1979zimmerman1979 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where's the link?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm done speculating, I'm just going to wait and see what exactly is meant by "some", and see if it gives me any incentive to continue playing.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Where's the link?

In the Op.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    talien wrote: »
    I'm done speculating, I'm just going to wait and see what exactly is meant by "some", and see if it gives me any incentive to continue playing.

this 1000 times ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    Finally!:D
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOL,
    Cryptic, you lightweights- folding under a few players complaints. I was so hoping for a mass player exodus and collapse of this game. You guys are your own worst enemies.

Rookies
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    tearsfall69tearsfall69 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they bring back at least some dil rewards for the stf's it will renew my interest for the game. Yesterday was a kick in my enthusiasm, and not in a good way in regards to even logging in to play. I even did the unthinkable...I re d/l swtor yesterday and I feel dirty about it. I really don't want to play it but there is no incentive for me to continue with the star trek grind.

I'm hoping that stfs will reward some dil. thats it. I don't care about the B'tran or officer dailies but killing the dil reward for stf's killed stf's, which killed my interest in sto.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll be interested to see if this refers to the Special Task Forces, which I've never bothered with, or charting the B'tran Cluster, which I would do often. I suspect the STF players have been more vocal, and I would imagine there's been a bigger drop off in people playing STFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please let it be the STF dili rewards..

960 or hell, even 7xx is fine, but don't expect us to run elite STFs that take effort like CGE and IGE for just Omega marks and a neural processor, people NEVER like having previously available things taken from them, as this **** storm regarding STF showed.

And yes I know there will be uber pros saying the above STFs are easy, not to everyone they are though, I've only once since I started playing on January 17, gotten a IGE optional.

On a sidenote, where I was hooked on S6 for weeks, I haven't even logged on today in favor of TERA.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    warrenjameswarrenjames Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I also hope the random loot drops return for STFs...especially for the optionals.
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOL. This comes less than 8 hours from the SEVENTH anniversary (November 15) of the infamous release of the "New Game Experience" patch for Star Wars Galaxies -- not to mention the imminent launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic going free to play.

Well, too little, too late. Dstahl and devs should have listened to the many complaints posted on these forums. I've already canceled my gold subscription (started day 1 of launch, 33+ months, 1015+ days uninterrupted and not grandfathered in during the $200 LTS money grab promo).

(( walks away humming The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again" ))
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    From Twitter by Dstahl

Speculate people.

They'll include 480dil into the Elite STF reward...big woof.

The entire reward system is broken.
    Switch it back to pre-S7 with Marks added in.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    vaernminavaernmina Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just had a morbid thought, what if by reverse they mean remove it from all the fleet actions?
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Information incoming very shortly :)
    diotw wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see if this refers to the Special Task Forces, which I've never bothered with, or charting the B'tran Cluster, which I would do often. I suspect the STF players have been more vocal, and I would imagine there's been a bigger drop off in people playing STFs.

B'Tran can still be charted though the "Explore Strange New Worlds (Daily)" for Dilithium.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    LOL,
    Cryptic, you lightweights- folding under a few players complaints. I was so hoping for a mass player exodus and collapse of this game. You guys are your own worst enemies.

Rookies

If only the few players complaints worked with KDF content :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd be satisfied if they restore 960 dilithium to elites like they were saying just before they actually updated Holodeck with the changes. Anything lower and it will feel like they are essentially just poking and prodding to see how much we are willing to accept in cuts and only pulling back just enough to keep too many people from leaving. I do know at least one of my fleetmates who had actually been paying for a sub for a long time even after the slap in the face that was the instant access to all vet rewards for new LTSers finally had the last straw and cancelled his sub and has no plans to ever buy Zen again.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Information incoming very shortly :)

Will place a link in the OP when it's posted, or if another mod sees it first please feel free to beat me to it.
  • Options
    the5thchild15the5thchild15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After hearing the elite stfs would bring 960 dil. I wasnt too concerned. Lees than before but manageable.

However when the patch went live yesterday, and it became clear that they simply removed it completely....

It felt like a punch in the groin. Any and all intersest was out the window in one fell swoop.

I even downloaded the client for a certain other game today, thats how desperate i was :(

Let us hope "some" changes does not mean we get 240 dil for elite stfs but they removed dil reward from the Fleet Actions instead.

After that stunt yesterday i wouldnt even be surprised. Hurting your customers confidence in you like that is not good for business Cryptic, seriously.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If only the few players complaints worked with KDF content :(

Tribble testers have been saying the dilith reward meddling was a bad idea for weeks- but were ignored. I guess they have selective hearing.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rezking wrote: »
    They'll include 480dil into the Elite STF reward...big woof.

The entire reward system is broken.
    Switch it back to pre-S7 with Marks added in.

THIS

Bring Roxy back with her store and give us back our stuff!

And then let us exchange EDC for Marks, if we wanted to that is.

:mad:
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vaernmina wrote: »
    I just had a morbid thought, what if by reverse they mean remove it from all the fleet actions?

That would somehow make sense considering some people were completing Starbase 24 in less than 5 minutes and got 1440 Dilithium for it.

Even the fastest STF never even gave that much Dilithium up front.

Now if Devs did not figure something is wrong here...
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't get your hopes up, folks.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well good to hear, but TBH right now you can make ~6k in 30-40 minuts with fleet actions+daily fleet action. Also pvp delivers dil as fast as ever.

I never ran STFs for dill because they took to long to reach the limit, I only did them for gear and only took me 300 stf+ to get all the gear at least once...:rolleyes:

Still STF without dill are imo pointless, who backs up all there marks till they reach T5 in a month or 2.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally I think that we should get a 20% off C-Store sale (excluding the Vesta of course) as recompense for all this mess.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tali9999 wrote: »
    That would somehow make sense considering some people were completing Starbase 24 in less than 5 minutes and got 1440 Dilithium for it.

Even the fastest STF never even gave that much Dilithium up front.

Now if Devs did not figure something is wrong here...

Kinda reminds me of the old ker'ret days, just a tad quicker (3 warzones to get the dil means a bit longer waiting)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vaernmina wrote: »

Wouldn't really effect me, I've found fleet actions one of the more boring/pointless parts of the game anyway.

Brandon, even doing that I'm still down 1440 Dilithium per day. I didn't even do the double mission exploit, I would run a B'Tran exploration mission, and then go and run a Strange New Worlds exploration mission in another cluster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    darthwoo wrote: »
    Personally I think that we should get a 20% off C-Store sale (excluding the Vesta of course) as recompense for all this mess.

At the very least, yes.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif