Comments

• Options
    delsabereduxdelsaberedux Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »
    whtas big problem?why so much rage for no reason u can play gear instances which takes from 10-15 mins for 1400+ dil and u dont need special party for it while to finsh stf fast u needed luck to dont get any leechers whit bad gear or idiots to ruin bonus and whole stf and while gear instance have cd 30 mins infected space had 59 so i like this new system

right....

Old System: 1 mission @ 15 minutes that covered gar and dilith and proto tech.

New System 2 Missions @ 15 minutes (30 total) one that covers marks, the other covers gear and dilith.

More work, same reward. There is nothing better about it beyond STF gear not being RNG tabled, (which they could've done by letting use EDC to get Mk XII).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where did I see it written somewhere that people will find anything and everything to nerd rage over....people are gonna find a reason to complain.

Even if PWE shipped us a briefcase full of money, some people would complain that it wasn't sent in small denominations of unmarked, non-sequential bills.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    dh4dh4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah they took it away

they gave us nothing in return
    and they **************************************************** us in the ********************************************** no dilithium for endgame content in the game and NO ITEMS AT ALL

You now get 1400 dili for doing fleet actions like starbase 24.................however they are bugged atm........
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Didn?t the devs clearly state that the STF will still reward Dillithium ? The last numbers I read were 480/960.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    qjunior wrote: »
    Didn?t the devs clearly state that the STF will still reward Dillithium ? The last numbers I read were 480/960.

It seems they reversed that on the last tribble patch and at the moment on the Queuing system for PVE's on holodeck Dilithium is only listed as a reward for Starbase 24 etc, and not listed for STF's.

If it was a bug where they forgot to put the drop in you'd still expect them to have written the rewards into the GUI, yet is seems they have not so as it stands until we are told others I suspect this is.

"working as intended"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    nuclearwesslenuclearwessle Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I dont know what this means (if anything), but this morning around 1am PST, before the patch, I ran an STF Elite and got 960 dil instead of the 1100. Speculation is dangerous, but still, I am curious what that was all about
  • Options
    warrenjameswarrenjames Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've noticed that problems with things that are directly giving them money have had quick Cryptic responses, (Steamrunner) while this hasn't even had a "we'll check it out" post... :(
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is quite obvious that by page 13 in only a few hours - 7000 view - 130 posts - and the fact the Brandon is around the forums and not "sleeping" as someone said - there is only 1 conclusion that can be made:

In the Now famous words - first salvo'd from Zero "That's Working As Intended"

Guess players will just have to grind the STF's for the rep marks and Starbase 24 for the Dilthium.

Should be fun:eek:
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep, no dil. No item drops( normal stuff, not borg tech). Still an hour coold down. Why not 30 minutes like everything else? That was my last STF. No dil= No play.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some things have a quick response because there is a known approach and solution. We all know damn well that "we'll look into it" isn't received well at all as an answer.

Now this could require a strategy and approach meeting, an evaulation of perhaps the intended result of the change versus the feedback they have received.

The dev team has a certain vision. When players say "this isn't good enough" then the devs need to look at the feedback and try to make it square with their visions, or change their vision entirely.

Although players clamor for a response, I can see where a quick and poorly thought out one such as "we're looking into it" can be equally detrimental. Just my two cents.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok purely theoretical...
    if this ends up being intended

for me this would mean i quit playing fun multiplayer content,
    and returning to playing boring singleplayer dailies in Tau Dewa?
    that does sound like a step backwards too me, a huge one, i can't go back to playing PvE TRIBBLE alone vs NPCs... i would die of boredom!

man was i glad when i left the Breen dailies behind.

ultimately, my reason to log in every day is gone now,
    and with STFs my reason to even occasionally play the game for fun is gone...

after all if i waste my time here, at least i want to do so efficiently, getting stuff done.
    i dont want to play old or boring content that i don't like only to get some dilithium numbers...

stupid marks... i don't want those!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some things have a quick response because there is a known approach and solution. We all know damn well that "we'll look into it" isn't received well at all as an answer.

Now this could require a strategy and approach meeting, an evaulation of perhaps the intended result of the change versus the feedback they have received.

The dev team has a certain vision. When players say "this isn't good enough" then the devs need to look at the feedback and try to make it square with their visions, or change their vision entirely.

Although players clamor for a response, I can see where a quick and poorly thought out one such as "we're looking into it" can be equally detrimental. Just my two cents.

I think you are missing a big part of the issue - they stated that Elite STF would pay 960 dilthium - now it pays nothing - this is not an issue to discuss if it was a bug - it has already been stated what the reward would be. No reward means they "changed" what they told players and now are not formally telling them of that change - there is a big difference.And if this is a bug and they are attempting to correct it to what they said they would reward - then an "were working on it" post would be accepted just fine.
  • Options
    allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If all stf's give are marks the cool down should be removed or at very least reduced. Also since the only dilithium apparently available from stf's are converting BNP to dilithium, it should only require 2 that would equate to 500 dilithium per stf....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think you are missing a big part of the issue - they stated that Elite STF would pay 960 dilthium - now it pays nothing - this is not an issue to discuss if it was a bug - it has already been stated what the reward would be. No reward means they "changed" what they told players and now are not formally telling them of that change - there is a big difference.And if this is a bug and they are attempting to correct it to what they said they would reward - then an "were working on it" post would be accepted just fine.

The silence speaks volumes.

In addition, they never told anyone about the Doff grinder costs they just stealth-ed it into tribble ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good job, Craptic - adding more grind layers is a huge success.

People have to do 5 elite STFs in order to get 1k dil. People have to do even more STFs to unlock rewards. And then grind more to actually buy any reward with dilithium they have to grind somewhere else. That "exchange 5 processors for 1k dil" project is nothing more than a cruel joke.

It kind of kills STFs for many of us. Even for those who already have most of anti-borg sets.

What I find particularly interesting is that you removed dil rewards from STFs on Tribble, which caused a huge s***storm, so you promised to put them back. And now you are doing the same thing on Holodeck.

Disposing of item drops in STFs is another dirty trick. Coupled with "adjusting" dil prices or reassign and general recruitment assignments it has a good chance of killing exchange and forcing us to move to dilithium-only model. But I guess it is what you want.

I firmly believe that removing dilithium reward from Chart B'Tran Cluster and "fixing" Investigate Officer Reports is only the beginning of nerfing/removing dilithium dailies.

It shows how much you care about your players. If you discourage people with the sheer amount of effort needed to actually accomplish anything in the game, they will be LESS likely to spend money on the game. They will rather leave than lessen the grind with $. Remember that STO players are in most part Star Trek fans, not typical PWE customers.

I admit, I wanted to become a lifer. Now I don't want to.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    anticlonusanticlonus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay,

So I was annoyed to see no dilithium for STFs. Annoyed to see all the dilithium costs.

Now from what I understand no dilithium for STFs is a bug that may likely be patched over time (hopefully sooner rather than later),

But I thought you could get dilithium from fleet actions, except I still have gotten none from those either.

more bugs?
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everyone cool your engines down and be patient.

I say if we go 24 hours from launch without any communication one way or the other, then it's time to panic.

All I know is I'll only be running STFs now when I run out of Marks. After CSE today, I got 75 Omega Marks. That should mean a 3 day or so rest to see what Cryptic does.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    anticlonus wrote: »
    Okay,

So I was annoyed to see no dilithium for STFs. Annoyed to see all the dilithium costs.

Now from what I understand no dilithium for STFs is a bug that may likely be patched over time (hopefully sooner rather than later),

But I thought you could get dilithium from fleet actions, except I still have gotten none from those either.

more bugs?

LOOK at the PVE queue it will tell you what rewards you get for mission, STF's are not listed as awarding Dilithium, it may well not be a bug. In fact most of us are now of the belief that it isn't a bug.

Dilithium is only awarded from:

Breaking the Planet
    Gorn Minefield
    Starbase 24
    Klingon Scout Force
    The Big Dig
    [FED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Everyone cool your engines down and be patient.

I say if we go 24 hours from launch without any communication one way or the other, then it's time to panic.

All I know is I'll only be running STFs now when I run out of Marks. After CSE today, I got 75 Omega Marks. That should mean a 3 day or so rest to see what Cryptic does.

Its not panicing personaly why have the cominted on every thing else but this, they talked about steam ship bug, confinscate contraband and so on but not this, just saying make a person go hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So why would anyone do stfs if there isnt anymore dilithium. That and drops so i can make credits which isnt alot was the only reason i played the game and did stfs. The FA take far too long to do cept sb24 but even then u can only do it once then wait 30 mins so ur sat twiddling ur thumbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So why would anyone do stfs if there isnt anymore dilithium. That and drops so i can make credits which isnt alot was the only reason i played the game and did stfs. The FA take far too long to do cept sb24 but even then u can only do it once then wait 30 mins so ur sat twiddling ur thumbs.

Toss in that KDF fleet actions have never been good nor fun. :(
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited November 2012

You'll do them for the new STF powers you unlock at each new tier, it's like a WHOLE NEW GAME :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i did KA psace and 480 dil but all other stfs i done gave 0 dil and a processor.

i called it for tonight no point in playing if there are no rewards for playing maybe it will get a emergancy maintaince.

they did say that they doubled the stf whihc should be just under 1k for a elite.

maybe a bug maybe its working as intended either way no point in playing.

back to the telly homeland season 1 here i come:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, I just found out also Normal STF's give no dilith.

I think the Q' UI is instructive and hints that this is in fact not a bug, the events listed have an item rewards column for example Starbase 24 has Dilith/Gear, STF's now only have Marks.

Perhaps we have our answer.

This better not be the answer, cause I relied on the loot received at the end of Stfs for getting EC's. . Fact of the matter is if they are going this route I am dropping the game like a bad habit.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well if it is a bug (not likely :rolleyes: ) Cryptic owes me, restrospectively, 7680 dilithium ore.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bmoviequeenbmoviequeen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    we got well and truely ****ed over. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to buy a lifer, along with a good few in my fleet. All the constant grinding everyones going to have to do is just ridiculous. Instead of giving us content, you've taken it away. Stf's meant alot to people, it was their source of income for ec's and their dilithium for their starbases, doffs or other as well as something fun to do with their friends. Looks like its some mindless boring shooting in Starbase 24 for quite some time and Believe it or not, some of your players actually have lives and not everyone can sit n grind for hours on end. So on behalf of all the pissed of players of STO, Congratulations, You've really outdone yourselves this time.

Oh and if you think less dil rewards means people will spend more money on zen to buy it, you couldn't be more wrong.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This better not be the answer, cause I relied on the loot received and the end of Stfs for getting EC's. . Fact of the matter is if they are going this route I am dropping the game like a bad habit.

I'm just going from the PVE Queue GUI, which states explicitly by using both Icons and description what each PVE game gets you.

So as you can see Starbase 24 has an icon for Dilith and Gear, and in it's descriptions states that you will be awarded with that. Whereas the STF's show the Marks Icon and state that you only get marks.

If you look however at the Azure mission, you will find a Romulan Marks icon, but in the description blurb it state you also receive a small number of fleet marks.

It is interesting that they do not state in the STF's that you will also receive a "small amount" of dilith.

My conclusion is thus that either they plan not to put any Dilithium in, or that they have left it ambiguous to see the reaction of the community and then decide whether to add it or not.

Hopefully the latter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I could bet the devs are watching the community feedback very closely atm. They might wanna check if the dil cuts will hit their pockets hard enough. Read: how many ppl will ragequit? How many won't buy the zen-stuff? How many ragequitters will calm down and return after a week or so? And if the magic profit numbers will sink too much, than "Sorry for delay, we were working day and night, dili fixed!!!"... If not - u know the deal, "working as intended". So personally I wouldn't expect any feedback on this issue.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just going from the PVE Queue GUI, which states explicitly by using both Icons and description what each PVE game gets you.

So as you can see Starbase 24 has an icon for Dilith and Gear, and in it's descriptions states that you will be awarded with that. Whereas the STF's show the Marks Icon and state that you only get marks.

If you look however at the Azure mission, you will find a Romulan Marks icon, but in the description blurb it state you also receive a small number of fleet marks.

It is interesting that they do not state in the STF's that you will also receive a "small amount" of dilith.

My conclusion is thus that either they plan not to put any Dilithium in, or that they have left it ambiguous to see the reaction of the community and then decide whether to add it or not.

Hopefully the latter.

While you are correct in your assessment, Stahl was quoted saying that there would be dil rewards for STFs. Specifically 480normal, 960 elite.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
This discussion has been closed.