test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ELITE STFS GIVE 0 DILITHIUM season 7

Comments

• allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well the devs have posted in other forum topics which lead one to believe this was a deliberated removal of reward from the stf's. Does any one know if the red alerts are still rewarding dilithium? If so then litteraly there is no reason to run normal stf's, and people will run just enough elites for the BNP one needs for the gear they want.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What will your response to them if their response is: "It's Working as Intended"

It would be, "This isn't what you told us when we were on Tribble."

We really have no reason to think it's intentional at this point.

My advice is to start filing bug tickets.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You want to know if it's intended or not, then it's best to try it out on Tribble, if it's the same as it is here, then it is intended, if not, it's a bug. It's easy
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You seem to be quite supportive of Cryptic - but honestly what response would YOU give if they say "it's the New Working as Intended- end of discussion"?

I know it will be rather polite: "I think this is not the best move" - but I want to see some of that Gorn rage come out!!!:P:eek::D:cool:
  • tsf00181tsf00181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope this is a bug. Thing is though, if this is a bug.....why wasn't it caught? Why have a test server if the bugs aren't fixed before it goes live? Of coarse, that's always been the story so it doesn't surprise me if it is a bug.

If its not a bug....well, cryptic just sucks then. I'm just going to pull my gold sub and give it back to WG for World of Tanks then. Even though I only play that game a hour or so a week and don't grind it anymore, its worth it because the company doesn't sh*t all over its customers.:mad:
  • c0lmustardc0lmustard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've run Borg Hive Elite so far..

Don't get me started on how long it took to patch. I'm on a 35mb connection and the patch took nearly 2.5 hours to download.

BHE - starts out with 5 players having to take on 5 tac cubes and a about 10 spheres. All at once.

Everyone dies at least twice.

blow those up and there are two "unimatrix" style borg ships to destroy (like the red alert borg ship), THEN you get to take on borg queen octohedren.

All that and no dil for completion. One MKXI uncommon drop for everyone to need or greed on. And ONE F***ing BNP. It takes 5 just to get 1k Dil.

I think it's official. Cryptic does *not* care about your gameplay experience. They just care about what $$$ you can contribute to their bottom line.

Sigh. Anyone else missing the days of Q2DM right now? I know I am... :(
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the other hand, you can get 1400 dilithium in about ten minutes running Starbase 24.

Swings and roundabouts.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Um, it's been discussed over in the Tribble section of the forums for a wee while now.

Last I heard (last week) the STF awards stood at 480/960 per normal/elite .
    Are people not aware that Tribble and Redshirt exist?

Yup , that's why my patch was @ 12 + something MB's . for the most part , and took about 5 minutes . :)
    But please don't presume that ALL players visit the Tribble forums , TTS , Twitter , et-al .
    'Cause they just don't .
    What will your response to them if their response is: "It's Working as Intended"

So far I've decided on a "wait and see" 'tude .
    I usually go for the rampage , but 5 Seasons full of botched startups taught me to be patient .
    walshicus wrote: »
    On the other hand, you can get 1400 dilithium in about ten minutes running Starbase 24.

Swings and roundabouts.

Please stop "advertising" FA's any/everywhere . They have zero relevance to this thread .
    edited November 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    So far I've decided on a "wait and see" 'tude .
    I usually go for the rampage , but 5 Seasons full of botched startups taught me to be patient .

That was not really an answer - I ask what you would say "if" their response - firm and clear was this is "working as Intended"

So you mentioned something about a Rampage? Was that your real response?
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay, now i understand the game has to make money and your whole new method with making everything cost dil.

But your own dev blog here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=726221 states that STFs still reward dilithum. Then how come were not getting any?

and don't make this a bug that takes 6 months to be fixed. This bug is BS and needs to be fixed TOMORROW.

Making money is one thing, but all this is going to do is make even more players leave because you've removed the #1 way most players make their dilithum. this is NOT going to make you money, it's going to lose you money.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if you could please turn your card over and now type in the security code......:)
  • voyagerwaskingvoyagerwasking Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    by the lack of feedback from a pwi personal im left to think it was intended
    edited November 2012
    That was not really an answer - I ask what you would say "if" their response - firm and clear was this is "working as Intended"

So you mentioned something about a Rampage? Was that your real response?

While I appreciate the baiting , I'm not ready to take the bait .
    Let's just say that I have a wide range of options from forum raging to coming back at Season 8 to sending CBS a still sealed copy of the game along with a "thank you" note .
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You need those BNP's to grind standing anyway. 5 BNP to run the 3rd project. Payout: 5k Dil.
    So its run 5 STF's get 1000 Dil for each.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
    edited November 2012
    by the lack of feedback from a pwi personal im left to think it was intended

If it's a bug they could be trying to fix it
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Unfortunately dstahl et al. flat out lying to players isn't without precedent.

Omega conversions and equivalent purchasing power anyone?
  • voyagerwaskingvoyagerwasking Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    community managers are ment to communicate no offence to them but ppl need reinsurance
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If it's a bug they could be trying to fix it

And that prevents someone from Cryptic telling us that how?
    edited November 2012
    kandorous wrote: »

They could be busy FIXING IT, or they have no info on what's causing it perhaps, we won't know until they tell us, and they won't know until they find the problem. There's a possible scenario for you
    edited November 2012

Maybe Branflakes is taking a nap . ;)
    Well it could happen !
    We're only at page 9 in this remarkably restrained and coherent thread ... . :)
    edited November 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    While I appreciate the baiting , I'm not ready to take the bait .
    Let's just say that I have a wide range of options from forum raging to coming back at Season 8 to sending CBS a still sealed copy of the game along with a "thank you" note .

I appreciate your responses:P:eek::D

This will be an interesting next 48 hrs:)
    edited November 2012
    They could be busy FIXING IT, or they have no info on what's causing it perhaps, we won't know until they tell us, and they won't know until they find the problem. There's a possible scenario for you

It takes a single person to tell us, and that person would probably not be involved in fixing this if it is indeed a bug. If they do not know what is causing the problem, they could tell us that.

But they tell us nothing.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah, it may not be a bug. Usually they tell us before the pitchforks really come out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    It takes a single person to tell us, and that person would probably not be involved in fixing this if it is indeed a bug. If they do not know what is causing the problem, they could tell us that.

But they tell us nothing.

They have to find the problem before they can tell us what it is, it's probably an "all hands on deck" situation
    edited November 2012
    They have to find the problem before they can tell us what it is, it's probably an "all hands on deck" situation

Then they can communicate that there is a problem. That is what we want to know. Is this intentional or is this a bug? If it is a bug, we do not need to know why and what the bug is. That is not our concern. We just need to know if it is a bug.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012

lol, I love the naivety:P.

Even if they didn't what caused it or why, a quick note to say that it is *actually* a bug would be the very best thing to do.

But they seem incapable of a 10 word post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    yeah, it may not be a bug. Usually they tell us before the pitchforks really come out.

Must .. restrain ... sarcastic .. answer ... so ... many ... bad ... things ... to say ... !

Sigh ... , that was hard !! :P
    edited November 2012

I disagree with you completely - Brandon is extremely dedicated to his job and is working the forums at all hours and on weekends - unpaid time most likely.

He is always quick to say something - even to make an comment in the smallest detail possible - it it is just a "bug"

the only way there is silence is when something IS "working as Intended" and they are deciding what to do - or just waiting and seeing before deciding what to do.
  • praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Chances are it is likely -NOT- a bug. I tested STF's daily all last week on tribble and roughly a day after it was "reduced" it was taken back out to zero again.

It's been mentioned, no one cared to respond when I told people before, so it's likely going to be an as is adjustment. They don't want people getting dilithium via STF's anymore. As such, STF's will likely die out within a month.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Usually they don't tell us what the problem is. They just have BranFlakes or someone tell us that "it is a bug, and it is being investigated. Thank you for your patience as we attempt to resolve the issue."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.