test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7 Starts November 13th

blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
According to PC Gamer Season 7 Starts November 13th.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/09/star-trek-online-season-7-new-romulus-trailer/
download.jpg
Post edited by blakes7tvseries on

Comments

• Options
    dakkidedakkide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PC Gamer they so silly :)
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    5 days to say goodbye to STO. Oh well!
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just surprised it's a Tuesday. When we gotten so use to Patch Thursdays. ;)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »

Why wait, you can get a head start now.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Why wait, you can get a head start now.

LOL - I wonder if he read my thread that confirms what i had been expecting - "console clicking" will no longer work come S7 for Investigate officer daily

Hope that's not why you are leaving - there are still lots and lots of other things to do. I have 3000 hours on this game and I am still not bored yet.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    According to PC Gamer Season 7 Starts November 13th

Wait.. What?! This year?
  • Options
    shaddam01shaddam01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    LOL - I wonder if he read my thread that confirms what i had been expecting - "console clicking" will no longer work come S7 for Investigate officer daily

Hope that's not why you are leaving - there are still lots and lots of other things to do. I have 3000 hours on this game and I am still not bored yet.

you are what i call way easy to plz
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    shaddam01 wrote: »
    you are what i call way easy to plz

I LOVE this game - I have never made a secret of that.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    download.jpg
  • Options
    netvip3rnetvip3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Kids... hide the cereal.. someone's on a pissing rampage
    "If you cannot control yourself, you cannot command others." -- Klingon Honor Guard Manual, Pg. 16
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Who? /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Challenge Accepted!! :)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Re-enforcement Pack promo just extended to Thursday Nov 22nd

Could this Mag be wrong? Or are they planning to extend a promo through the launch of season 7 - that would be new.
  • Options
    acoldtacoldt Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I've seen this countless times before every season, it hasn't been right yet.
  • Options
    jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So..Nov 13th huh? Makes sense though, they wanna suck you in, before you can try the f2p Star Wars Tor, which is F2P on the 15th...
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    acoldt wrote: »
    I've seen this countless times before every season, it hasn't been right yet.

I've loved every season that's come out in the last 2 years.

This one... hell if I wanted to grind I'd play a chinese/korean import. Which I guess I would be on the 13th.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just surprised it's a Tuesday. When we gotten so use to Patch Thursdays. ;)

I have a feeling if Star Wars the Old Republic (aka SWToR) WASN'T launching its F2P version on Thursday, 11/15/12 (which it in fact is); I think we would be seeing Season 7 launch on a Thursday; but obviously, they want to have a chance to make their own 'splash' for a couple of days before the media explodes with "SWToR is now F2P..."

(Although seriously, if you want to see a REAL 'money-grubbing F2P implementation, look no further than SWToR's as:

- There's NO WAY to earn their store currency (called Cartel Coins) in game at all.

- They are charging non-subscribers for UI elements (you get two hatbars for your powers in game. Want/need more - which you will around Level 30 - pay for it.

- Did you have a piece you Purple or Orange gear drop and you want to use it? You need to pay for a license to do so, PER PIECE.

- There's even more, but the list would get long. They should term is Free to Play, a more accurate term would be 'Free to Pay'.)

^^^
    Yeah, I was going to log in and finish the storylines on my Alts that I hadn't gotten to 50 before unsubbing last April; but after looking over the F2P matrix, I figured why bother?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    heinekoheineko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...oO

Someone needs to give Cryptic's PR team more Coordination doff traits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
    Catian Atrox Carrier
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    And SWTOR goes F2P on the 15th ... fizzz
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have a feeling if Star Wars the Old Republic (aka SWToR) WASN'T launching its F2P version on Thursday, 11/15/12 (which it in fact is); I think we would be seeing Season 7 launch on a Thursday; but obviously, they want to have a chance to make their own 'splash' for a couple of days before the media explodes with "SWToR is now F2P..."

(Although seriously, if you want to see a REAL 'money-grubbing F2P implementation, look no further than SWToR's as:

- There's NO WAY to earn their store currency (called Cartel Coins) in game at all.

- They are charging non-subscribers for UI elements (you get two hatbars for your powers in game. Want/need more - which you will around Level 30 - pay for it.

- Did you have a piece you Purple or Orange gear drop and you want to use it? You need to pay for a license to do so, PER PIECE.

- There's even more, but the list would get long. They should term is Free to Play, a more accurate term would be 'Free to Pay'.)

^^^
    Yeah, I was going to log in and finish the storylines on my Alts that I hadn't gotten to 50 before unsubbing last April; but after looking over the F2P matrix, I figured why bother?

I think you missed the best one - if you want to run/sprint - in SWtoR you have to sub or pay!!!

I thought that was a joke - you have to pay to RUN!! Half the game is running!! That has to be the lowest of the low as far as money grubbing.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think you missed the best one - if you want to run/sprint - is SWtoR you have to sub or pay!!!

I thought that was a joke - you have to pay to RUN!! Half the game is running!! That has to be the lowest of the low as far as money grubbing.

For real??! LMAO. Well that's decided then. Besides the game looks TRIBBLE, the game play repetitive, and well .. its not Star trek.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think you missed the best one - if you want to run/sprint - is SWtoR you have to sub or pay!!!

TOR is considered the biggest Development failure in the history of gaming, sad really, it had potential. All that money wasted in a mediocre Star Wars MMO that could have been one of the top runners in 2012.

The era of paid subscription is truly dying out - only hardcore, spreadsheets, type MMO ala EVE Online can survive or established MMO's like WoW whom folks invested gazillion of time and money.

STO is free, it has its share of problems, but it is indeed free with the option to buy things. All they need to do is tone down is all the Grindfest centered themes.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think you missed the best one - if you want to run/sprint - in SWtoR you have to sub or pay!!!

Really? REALLY?

I quit TOR because i found it to be boring the way they had set their game up. money was not the real issue, and for such a new game I expect many people quit for gameplay reasons over financial ones but to charge you for the one thing that makes the game slightly more bearable? unbelievable.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012

KIN i HAZ UR STUF?
    c'mon, nobody beat me to this?
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I looked into this and it seems that as it stands the sprint ability is unlocked around level 12 or something.

subbers will now get sprint from level 1, and i assume everyone can still unlock it from 12 onwards. if thats the case, in fairness that adding a bonus to subbers that was not there before. so thats not quite as bad as it sounds.

although everyone should have had the ability to run from day 1.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Or reach level 15.
    Considering at release you couldn't sprint until level 14...what's the problem again?
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    jackdonner wrote: »
    So..Nov 13th huh? Makes sense though, they wanna suck you in, before you can try the f2p Star Wars Tor, which is F2P on the 15th...

Possibly, although even with SWTOR going f2p, I have no problem still paying my sub.
    Unlike sto, it doesn't try to rob me blind every time I log in ;)
  • Options
    henrik68henrik68 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought this thread was about when the latest "update" or rather new season starts?

Guess i was wrong...if i wish to read about Star Wars i would be on those forums, silly me! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    I looked into this and it seems that as it stands the sprint ability is unlocked around level 12 or something.

subbers will now get sprint from level 1, and i assume everyone can still unlock it from 12 onwards. if thats the case, in fairness that adding a bonus to subbers that was not there before. so thats not quite as bad as it sounds.

although everyone should have had the ability to run from day 1.

When TOR first went live, everyone could not run until you hit Level 10 I think.

To be fair, the starting locations really did not need run as they were small enough not to need it.
    I see no problem with that even if I was to go f2p in TOR :D
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012

By all means sir, please seek the most immediate egress.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪