test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Starts November 13th

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hmmm.... though there may be some truth/logic in it - guess we'll just have to wait & see!

Cryptic are the ones who gave them the trailer and the date. brandon says it here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6468631&postcount=1
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just surprised it's a Tuesday. When we gotten so use to Patch Thursdays. ;)

They figure with our tractor beams and medical staff arriving on Tuesday.. why wait ? :cool:
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Go Jedi for free next week as Star Wars goes free.

With that as there competition I don't understand why Cryptic would shake up their serious players.
    download.jpg
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TOR isn't a real competition, anyone who played it knows that. As many problems as this game has, I came back very very fast after my disillusioning run with TOR. And that was before the laughable F2P system they came up with where you need to pay for content.

Sure for a month or two I guess Cryptic will notice it in the player numbers when a lot of people will try out TOR. But 90% will come back. I have no doubt about that.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dont go counting your chicken's before they hatch swtor is not trying to be like a PWE and plz tor is better in so many ways one lots to do in it before it truns in to doing the same thing over and over for almost 3 years only reason i hang around here is for the star trek ip swtor is trying to go for SUB'S by not giveing all the QQers every thing for FREE so again TOR is not trying to be a PWE game!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    LOL - I wonder if he read my thread that confirms what i had been expecting - "console clicking" will no longer work come S7 for Investigate officer daily

Hope that's not why you are leaving - there are still lots and lots of other things to do. I have 3000 hours on this game and I am still not bored yet.

Yup, they've effectively killed the foundry.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Just surprised it's a Tuesday. When we gotten so use to Patch Thursdays. ;)

Just keeping you on your toes.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Just keeping you on your toes.

So this has nothing to do with certain other MMOs going F2P on thursday then? ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    So this has nothing to do with certain other MMOs going F2P on thursday then? ;)

You never know they might try to rush it even earlier now :) Maybe like this afternoon lol
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    5 days to say goodbye to STO. Oh well!

I am REALLY hoping this does not turn out to be the case for me. :(
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They say good bye to STO every Season since four. Anyways, Right now the prevailing attitude with TOR players that this the f2p plan is just a test one and hopefully a more-Cryptic style comes out. However, I really don't see this game suffering from a free TOR. It didn't suffer when TOR first came out. Like Rome, only Cryptic can kill STO and every so often they seem to feel to poison it a little.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just like every season some one gets asked by some one should they joing sto they reply this yes this is the best time to join..... and you all know who im talking about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah but on thursday there doin the server maintance to hold season 7 in place then it will be back to regular thursday patches :)
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nah patches increase rapidly after every season launch

expecting 3 downtimes a week and at least 2 if not 3 patches per week for at least 3 weeks after the season update

add high latency and lag to the first 3 days

dont expect to play on launch day

and then you should be in the right mindset

PS: after playing the 2 day open beta of TOR i said "i'll play that after it goes F2P"...
    didn't expect it to happen so soon, but oh well i guess i have to at least give it another chance now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who is J. R. Ewing

I just hope they get around to fixing the damned bug spray, flash light, party popper and all those's animation by launch.
  • sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TOR isn't a real competition, anyone who played it knows that. As many problems as this game has, I came back very very fast after my disillusioning run with TOR. And that was before the laughable F2P system they came up with where you need to pay for content.

Sure for a month or two I guess Cryptic will notice it in the player numbers when a lot of people will try out TOR. But 90% will come back. I have no doubt about that.

Yeah I came here from TOR after being there since it went online and there's no real competition. TOR has it's good points but the bad far outweigh the good especially space or lack there of. Here I like that while leveling quests not only involve ground but also space in TOR it's all ground with space being an option, and there's no space pvp

STO really has nothing to worry about from TOR as arcademaster says sure people will probably go check out TOR but they will be back. Endgame content there is strictly ops and that's about it here you can do stfs, dailies, and daily events.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Eitherways, I for one am going no-where near it. It's been said before, in other threads on the same subject - you can complain about STO's methods of gaining financial input all you want, but the fact that you have to pay for your character to be able to sprint/run on ToR kinda puts that into perspective, and if that's their attitude toward their playerbase...

And it's also been said before that this is misinformation.
    You don't NEED to pay them to be able to sprint...you CAN do that.
    Or you CAN just reach level 15, at which point you automatically gain the ability to sprint.
    And given you couldn't run in the release version until about that same level anyway this is an entirely imaginary disadvantage.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So you have to wait until level 15 to do something as basic as 'run'. Still don't see how that's a good thing.

Okay, I'll try again:
    when the game was launched you couldn't run until about that same level so the content at that same level is designed around that fact.
    I played that content and I didn't really notice that I couldn't run because it's not needed.
    So now, people who pay a sub can run...in content where it's not really required while the people who don't sub can't.
    Which means they're basically where the people who used to sub were back then.
    And it wasn't a bad spot either.
    So it's a complaint about a feature you don't need.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Okay, I'll try again:
    when the game was launched you couldn't run until about that same level so the content at that same level is designed around that fact.
    I played that content and I didn't really notice that I couldn't run because it's not needed.
    So now, people who pay a sub can run...in content where it's not really required while the people who don't sub can't.
    Which means they're basically where the people who used to sub were back then.
    And it wasn't a bad spot either.
    So it's a complaint about a feature you don't need.

This^^^^^

It was a non issue in beta that you unlocked "running" at level 15 (even though technically you run and do not walk even with this off..), but a few people gave the idea that it would be nice to be able to run from the beginning, and Bioware made it happen.

I see it as a good subscriber perk, but in reality it is not needed before level 15 anyways...
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ...before Season 7 hits the game....

What's everybody doing??

I have to work from 3-11pm EST, so won't be in-game till much later tonight...

When I get home tonight, I will probably do a few STF's just for the memories and then park by the edge of Tau Dewa so I can jump right in tomorrow, after Season 7 gets turned on...
    (I'm off tomorrow... Yeaaay)

:D

How about you...?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Going to queue up some finished missions on Defera so I can turn them in and hopefully just start my first round of Omega projects and head to Tau Dewa.
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll probably go home and do a few STF's and clean up some Doff missions I've been working on. Then contribute more to the fleet Starbase.

I'm not off tomorrow, so I won't get to enjoy the new goodies until after I get home from work. :(

I'm looking forward to jumping into a few fleet actions tomorrow and explore more of New Romulus.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 with henceforth be known as:

Season 7: End Of An Era....

Has a catchy name ;)

I wont be doing a lot as I haven't been doing for a week other than getting as much Dilithium as possible before the hammer falls.

Still got to liquidate some stf currency as well on my 2 other main toons, so see you at DS9 for the End Of An Era Party! :D
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just hoarding for the Season 7 server apocalypse, and planning some game time for GW2, since we all know maintenance will last all day tomorrow.

...And if it doesn't, we'll instead have an update released on time that's FULL of bugs. :P
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    ...before Season 7 hits the game....

What's everybody doing??

I have to work from 3-11pm EST, so won't be in-game till much later tonight...

When I get home tonight, I will probably do a few STF's just for the memories and then park by the edge of Tau Dewa so I can jump right in tomorrow, after Season 7 gets turned on...
    (I'm off tomorrow... Yeaaay)

:D

How about you...?

Grinding what dilith I can now out of B'tran, takin advantage of the officer daily foundry console click one last time.
    Turning any unused EDCs, prototype tech for dilith.

Makin sure all my characters have run the request for personnel doff mission at the academy, (the general recruitment). I have a feellin doffs are gonna get a lot more valuable soon.... Buyin up a few general recruitment off the exchange now.

Eagerly anticipating my Vesta, scouring the forums for as much info as possible on it, formulating builds in my head.

Sadly not off tomorrow, but I needz the money, the inlaws are comin over for the holiday
    next week.....sooooo everything haz to be just perfect fer em, (WON'T stop them from finding somethin to ***** about tho : / ) TMI moment over :P
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having a few drinks with Commander Roxy. She will be missed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Me... I'm going to begin to bide my time until Cryptic decides to actually make STO into an actual Star Trek game rather than a mindless grindfest.

They may not like what I have to say, but the only way they can change my perception is to change their direction.

Just my opinion...

Does that mean when Season 7 goes live tomorrow, you're not going to play at all?

What you posted seems more like a Long Term goal, I was kinda-sorta more curious about the next 30 hours... :)
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Season 7 with henceforth be known as:

Season 7: End Of An Era....

Has a catchy name ;)

I wont be doing a lot as I haven't been doing for a week other than getting as much Dilithium as possible before the hammer falls.

Still got to liquidate some stf currency as well on my 2 other main toons, so see you at DS9 for the End Of An Era Party! :D

Seems like folks were saying the same thing after Season 5 and 6...
    (and maybe even 1,2,3,4, I can't remember...)

Sure the game is going to change, it has after every Season Update...

But you and I are both still here...

;)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited November 2012
    Grinding what dilith I can now out of B'tran, takin advantage of the officer daily foundry console click one last time.
    Turning any unused EDCs, prototype tech for dilith.

Makin sure all my characters have run the request for personnel doff mission at the academy, (the general recruitment). I have a feellin doffs are gonna get a lot more valuable soon.... Buyin up a few general recruitment off the exchange now.

Eagerly anticipating my Vesta, scouring the forums for as much info as possible on it, formulating builds in my head.

Sadly not off tomorrow, but I needz the money, the inlaws are comin over for the holiday
    next week.....sooooo everything haz to be just perfect fer em, (WON'T stop them from finding somethin to ***** about tho : / ) TMI moment over :P

OOOooo, I forgot about the Vesta... Sadly I won't be able to get it till my next paycheck...
    (not that I'm in a hurry to get it... I'm still fiddling with the LB-Time Ship)
    nobscu wrote: »
    Having a few drinks with Commander Roxy. She will be missed

Oh yeah... Gotta head over to her tonight and get a pic.
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Vainly running KASE in the hopes of the final MKXII item to complete my sets.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I upgraded a lot of doffs while it is still cheap.

I played a Cure ground earlier and snatched a proto weapon tech from the system before I had to grind it out for my Android Boff. Mhuaahahahahaaaaa!

I will play a couple infected Space, maybe I get just as lucky to complete a space set for my Delta Flyer.

Turn in whatever spare EDC I have, doff a little.

Play SWTOR for a change.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg