What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7 Starts November 13th

Comments

• Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I upgraded a lot of doffs while it is still cheap.

I played a Cure ground earlier and snatched a proto weapon tech from the system before I had to grind it out for my Android Boff. Mhuaahahahahaaaaa!

I will play a couple infected Space, maybe I get just as lucky to complete a space set for my Delta Flyer.

Turn in whatever spare EDC I have, doff a little.

Play SWTOR for a change.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll be sat in a corner rocking and crying at how much Cryptic are going to be TRIBBLE over their community. :cool:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Other than checking a few starbase projects, nothing really.

I usually wind down and play less before a new season so that im excited for the new one, and there is not much I want or need to achieve before the changes so taking it easy.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Finish that Celes mission I have queued, mine Dilithium, visit the Starbase, work on a uniform idea for my Fleet, assign some DOffs to work on the Diplomacy Commendation.

Basically keep to myself in a game I enjoy playing on my own free time. :)
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Seems like folks were saying the same thing after Season 5 and 6...
    (and maybe even 1,2,3,4, I can't remember...)

Sure the game is going to change, it has after every Season Update...

But you and I are both still here...

;)

True, but we do spend more time on the forums than ingame these days :P ;)
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Today.....probably what most people will be doing....cashing out the EDC and tech drops,run a few STF's in the hope you get lucky and get that last MK XII piece,running the last of the quick dailies while there still around....

Tomorrow....when Season 7: Cryptic's Grubby Hands In Your Dilithium And Wallet launches I won't be logging in.....not for a few days,we all know what is going to happen,we have seen it all before.....it's going to be one giant mess of bugs and people trying to log in,and rants of people that discover they have been screwed over by Cryptic when they try to open their Omega box.

I will be checking the forums for the 'entertainment' though :D
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Call me skeptical, but with a major release like Season 7, don't you think if it was going to launch tommorrow there would be more news?

Are we sure that the pc gamer article wasnt meant for a publish date, as in launches next week (after the mag goes on sale?)
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Pretty sure at this point i will only be invested in this game in so long as it takes me the length of time to buy GW2 (i'm broke atm so it'll be a little while).

The fact of the matter is this:

What was a 1-2 hour grind has grown to a 6+ hour grind (the 8k dilithium cap) At least from how it looks on the outside.

I and most other people do NOT have the time to invest in such an endevour. I'll give it a week. But if the results of that week are what i believe them to be in terms of what it takes to do what is needed? People will leave in droves. Despite what some people in this thread think.

I start work tomorrow soooo yeah i wont be around for the chaos.
  • Options
    nwlnwl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am going to do more STF's as well as finish up Doff missions then tomorrow get my Vesta class ship eventually since I have to work in the afternoon I may not be able to get it until wednesday since my game won't prepatch.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    tieberione wrote: »
    Call me skeptical, but with a major release like Season 7, don't you think if it was going to launch tommorrow there would be more news?

Are we sure that the pc gamer article wasnt meant for a publish date, as in launches next week (after the mag goes on sale?)

Yes; I gave them the date :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks talking Cereal Box Guy!
    sooo..
    Where's the News and hoopla!
    We want Hoopla!!!!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    sooo..
    We want Hoopla!!!!

We've been posting blogs, news, and interviews every day :)http://sto.perfectworld.com/seasons/season7news and http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-news

Today is a US holiday, though, so expect the next big news to be "Season 7 is live!" (other than the patch notes and maintenance thread that should go up in the FNN forum later).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    laetans1laetans1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Opps wrong thread:rolleyes:
    Being first at any cost is not always the point.
  • Options
    metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sooo..
    We want Hoopla!!!!

I also like hoopla and things similar to hoopla!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Gives Talking Cereal Guy Some Milk for taking time to chat with us today :)

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who would have guessed that season 7 comes in so quietly? No headlines about when it starts. Only a link to another website that briefly mentions the launch to be tomorrow. No posts that show a complete summary of new features including the latest changes?

When is the server going down and much more important when will we be able to play again? Seriously this is no ordinary server maintenance that you can announce a few hours before!

I'm almost certain the ordinary player who does not visit this forums has no idea something's gonna happen this weak.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    szim wrote: »
    Who would have guessed that season 7 comes in so quietly? No headlines about when it starts. Only a link to another website that briefly mentions the launch to be tomorrow. No posts that show a complete summary of new features including the latest changes?

When is the server going down and much more important when will we be able to play again? Seriously this is no ordinary server maintenance that you can announce a few hours before!

I'm almost certain the ordinary player who does not visit this forums has no idea something's gonna happen this weak.

PC Gamer had the exclusive reveal last Thursday, and we also announced it was going to be releasing this Tuesday (tomorrow) in Friday in the Friday Screenshot post (as well as on the forums and through our social media accounts). The summary of all features was posted in the State of the Game the week prior: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=739981

I'll be making a maintenance thread in the FNN forum, as well as posting patch notes, around the normal time :) That's typically in the evening/ later afternoon PDT the day before a patch.

Also, today is a US holiday, and most of us are out of the office. I'm hanging on the forums from home.

We'll have a news post tomorrow when it's live, as well as link to the overview page (which goes live tomorrow here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/seasons/season7)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Puppet show? Where is the puppet show?
    Made for TV movie? Nowhere!
    Where is my prequel comic book?!
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Kiss your STF loot reserves and dilithiums goodbye, folks!
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hopefully, I have about 270k saved up.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PC Gamer had the exclusive reveal last Thursday, and we also announced it was going to be releasing this Tuesday (tomorrow) in Friday in the Friday Screenshot post (as well as on the forums and through our social media accounts). The summary of all features was posted in the State of the Game the week prior: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=739981

I'll be making a maintenance thread in the FNN forum, as well as posting patch notes, around the normal time :) That's typically in the evening/ later afternoon PDT the day before a patch.

Also, today is a US holiday, and most of us are out of the office. I'm hanging on the forums from home.

We'll have a news post tomorrow when it's live, as well as link to the overview page (which goes live tomorrow here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/seasons/season7)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok the US holiday is an argument. But I still think the release of the latest news about the launch of a new season in which so much work has been invested deserves more attention than some server maintenance.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Recently you have been putting count downs in the launcher (3 days to go, 2 days to go etc). that would then alert all the current playerbase.

bit late to do it now, but i was surprised not to see that done.
  • Options
    gregbgregb Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will maintainence begin at the normal time? or will it start earlier as a few past season updates have done?.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yeah but you guys really need to promote S7 in more in-your-face way on the main website leading up to the launch date - like a simple clicking count down.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    chalpen wrote: »
    Hopefully, I have about 270k saved up.

With my stf liquidation I have just over a million dilithium! :eek:

Kinda scared me seeing all that when I added it up from my main toons ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Yeah but you guys really need to promote S7 in more in-your-face way on the main website leading up to the launch date - like a simple licking as a count down.

I can't really talk specifics, but no fear. There is a ton of promotion planned around Season 7's launch :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Pretty sure at this point i will only be invested in this game in so long as it takes me the length of time to buy GW2 (i'm broke atm so it'll be a little while).

The fact of the matter is this:

What was a 1-2 hour grind has grown to a 6+ hour grind (the 8k dilithium cap) At least from how it looks on the outside.

I and most other people do NOT have the time to invest in such an endevour. I'll give it a week. But if the results of that week are what i believe them to be in terms of what it takes to do what is needed? People will leave in droves. Despite what some people in this thread think.

I start work tomorrow soooo yeah i wont be around for the chaos.

Good luck with GW2 right now the populace is screaming to merge servers and they are on the cusp of their introduction to gear grinding.

Hope you like playing by yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't really talk specifics, but no fear. There is a ton of promotion planned around Season 7's launch :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The sad thing for me is that at GMT+10 its currently the 13th (10.25am) :(

Very much looking forward to explore the new adventure zone
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    With my stf liquidation I have just over a million dilithium! :eek:

Kinda scared me seeing all that when I added it up from my main toons ;)

Many people I know are in similar spots, tradeing up their STF items, leaving 25-30 EDCs to take advantage of the Omega conversion without any diminishing returns.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good luck with GW2 right now the populace is screaming to merge servers and they are on the cusp of their introduction to gear grinding.

Hope you like playing by yourself.

I like playing by myse....oh you meant the game:D
    GwaoHAD.png