What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Removal of all borg space weapons

Comments

• Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The last one was broken becuase many borg npc's didn;t have the borg tag added, thsi works against everything so that check, (and thus failure point), is avoided.
  • Options
    symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm hoping we get a new modifier added to replace the [Borg] modifier. Can a dev please post and tell us what's happening?
    Lifer since headstart!
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow, this is why I avoid this area of the forum. Now every ship I have, that has Borg wpn type is about to be made useless.

Spent a lot time on acquiring them, spent hours, many battles. And this is what iis going to happen?

Wow...and no means of compersation, just wonderful. I just wonder, if someone came into your office, and told you that you are getting paid in Hong Kong currency starting today. How you would feel?
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.

So glad I build for PvP and not STFs. Not one of my toons have a weapon with a borg proc. I have quite a bit if the stuff you buy them with though.

T4 passive Kinetic proc? Is that a c-store ship console or sumthin?
    tobar26th wrote: »
    So what happens to the existing [BORG] weapons? And how does this new ability work/come into play? Any chance of some insight for those of us who haven't maanged to get that far in testing? :)

This is a great question. Can we get an answer?
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    So what happens to the existing [BORG] weapons? And how does this new ability work/come into play? Any chance of some insight for those of us who haven't maanged to get that far in testing? :)

Good question. I would also like to know if the ones we already use are going to be replaced or removed?

Thanks.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [Borg] weapons will likely remain. Should the modifier be replaced, it will be probably the useless [Dmg] anyway.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    [Borg] weapons will likely remain. Should the modifier be replaced, it will be probably the useless [Dmg] anyway.

Aren't weapons supposed to do [dmg]? :D

I've never had any issue with this modifier, especially since it's been buffed recently.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    /facepalm Cryptic

Game Design 101, guys. Never take away items from your players (or lower their effectiveness) and then force them to re-grind to get back to their previous power level. If you want long time players to grind again, offer something new and better, not the same-as-you-just-had-lol.

How hard can a global database change from [Borg] to [Acc] be?
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    /facepalm Cryptic

Game Design 101, guys. Never take away items from your players (or lower their effectiveness) and then force them to re-grind to get back to their previous power level. If you want long time players to grind again, offer something new and better, not the same-as-you-just-had-lol.

How hard can a global database change from [Borg] to [Acc] be?

If [Borg] never worked, how are the devs taken something away? :P All the wasted time for the borg weapons. :(

I would be happy to have my [Borg] changed to [ACC] but that would be unfair to new players .
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As a side note i find it very entertaining that for almost three years people are grinding for weapons that do not work....and noone bothered to FIX it :o
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    calfencalfen Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.

So, can you please tell us what will happen to the current borg weapons?

Suggestions:
    1) change [Borg] to something else, I promise I will not ***** if I do not like the modifier, because something is better than nothing.
    2) refund in something (purple weapons, dilithium,...)

BTW: You understand how people who take this game seriously are pissed right know, do you?

Thank you in advance for answer.
    Calfen
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    QFT

If you offered them and the [Borg] modifier practically never did anything, then why keep them in the game?

Could you at least consider working on the [Borg] weapons to make them work for those of us who thought they did? Either that or perhaps put an NPC at DS9 where we can convert our [Borg] weapons into Dilithium and/or Marks so we can rid ourselves of our "malfunctioning" equipment?

Precisely this. :mad:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I made a thread using a clip from DS9 to sum up the relationship between Cryptic and the players:

In the DS9 video the doctor and Garak are having a talk:

Imaging that you are the Doctor(player) and Garak is Cryptic - It's titled "Especially the Lies"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02v9EUHs30&feature=related

It's a beautiful clip and one of my most favorite of all time(espically today on election day in the US - but that is another story)
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012

actually they do work, just that people do so much damage no one ever notices the
    1,000 kinetic damage.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Each of my toons has one ship that is geared for STFs. Each of my toons has a ground set that is geared for STFs. This includes several different weapons of differing types to be sure that I didn't have to remodulate as much.

Telling me that all of these become useless, that I ground all those missions for nothing, is heart breaking.

If I am going back to square one, then I will probably be doing it in another game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Each of my toons has one ship that is geared for STFs. Each of my toons has a ground set that is geared for STFs. This includes several different weapons of differing types to be sure that I didn't have to remodulate as much.

Telling me that all of these become useless, that I ground all those missions for nothing, is heart breaking.

If I am going back to square one, then I will probably be doing it in another game.
    I wouldn't say useless.... It's still a purple rarity weapon...

Actually... what Bort said sounded like they're simply not selling weapons with [Borg] in the STF store and existing weapons will be unaffected.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Actually... what Bort said sounded like they're simply not selling weapons with [Borg] in the STF store and existing weapons will be unaffected.

If a proc isn't working, your pruple Mk XII weapon becomes a poor Mk XII blue one. That makes a huge difference. :)
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Outside of STFs and other content they have always been effectively blue quality weapons.

It's a bummer that they are not as effective against Borg as they should be, but they are more or less free gear anyway. And blue Mk XIIs are not THAT bad. :rolleyes:;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    It's a bummer that they are not as effective against Borg as they should be, but they are more or less free gear anyway. And blue Mk XIIs are not THAT bad. :rolleyes:;)

I don't mind if it's not that bad, it's not what we were promised/what was avertised. And I like getting what i buy, even if it's all about victual currencies. :D
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Outside of STFs and other content they have always been effectively blue quality weapons.

FREE gear ?
    You got all those EDC's and salvage with WHITE gear ?

I had to craft my initial STF gear, buy my consoles and weapons to fight almost 250 STF's to get requisitions for that gear, a substantial investment in time, dilithium and energy credits.

They were certainly NOT free.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Strange, I see the 1000 extra damage all the time when I use those weapons. :confused:
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Without the third modifier - which you know they won't fix - it is a blue weapon. I could have crafted those with much less aggravation. I certainly wouldn't have run hundreds of missions to get those weapons.

I'm not sure I'm going to grind to get replacements.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    From my limited understanding of this issue, the Anti-Borg Space weapons worked just fine, but only for specific Borg enemies. Standard Cubes, Spheres, and Probes would be inflicted with the Borg proc, but more unique Borg ships like Assimilated Bird of Preys would not be affected by it due to some programmer not putting in the proper code for the ship to be registered as a Borg ship.

Either way, a proc that does damage to all types of enemies is much better than a proc that deals damage to one type of enemy. Although, if we are able to keep our Anti-Borg space weapons and have that new kinetic damage proc, then we should be able to deal more damage against Borg.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    FREE gear ?

I had to craft my initial STF gear, buy my consoles and weapons to fight almost 250 STF's to get requisitions for that gear, a substantial investment in time, dilithium and energy credits.

No... not white gear, but I didn't bother with buying stuff outside of maybe consoles for dilithium which I didn't buy exclusively for STFs anyway.

I did a few runs to get the Borg Retro gear and went from there...

Any other gear I used was from loot drops until I had my sets.

To be more precise, you don't NEED to invest much to get the STF gear, except a bit of effort.
    Chances are you get salvage and maybe even tech drops to speed up the process and those I consider indeed free. They are the Bonus for doing the missions.
    EDC is the regular reward.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    If a proc isn't working, your pruple Mk XII weapon becomes a poor Mk XII blue one. That makes a huge difference. :)
    Actually.... no. Weapons get a damage bonus just for being a higher rarity. And the space [Borg] mod isn't totally worthless, it's just not as good as it is designed to be.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    No... not white gear, but I didn't bother with buying stuff outside of maybe consoles for dilithium which I didn't buy exclusively for STFs anyway.

I did a few runs to get the Borg Retro gear and went from there...

Any other gear I used was from loot drops until I had my sets.

To be more precise, you don't NEED to invest much to get the STF gear, except a bit of effort.
    Chances are you get salvage and maybe even tech drops to speed up the process and those I consider indeed free. They are the Bonus for doing the missions.
    EDC is the regular reward.
    This is a good point. I keep seeing people whine about how the dil rewards for STFs were reduced. that tells me that a lot of people didn't do STFs for tech drops and did them for dil. So for them the techs were more of a side benefit to grinding missions for dil.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Given the excess techs and salvage represented a huge amount of diithium.

Seriously you want to grind a lot of dil fast, ESTF IS the fastest way for most people. As long as you avoid cure you can do 2 ESTF runs in the time it'll take you to get an exploration cluster done. iven EDC's, Tech, and salvage it was easy to average over 3K from just 2 runs. You could bassiclly double the rewards to time compared to anyting but the officer report clickies.
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    FREE gear ?

On my latest KDF toon, I just bought WHITE mark IX disruptor DHCs/turrets from the shipyard vendor. Ran elite STFs until I got enough salvage to replace them with the mark XII. I guess it's technically not 'free' since the DHCs did cost some EC, but when I was done with them, I put them on the exchange and got most of my initial EC back.

As an aside, I also bought white disruptor consoles off the exchange for cheap. Didn't want to invest a whole lot since I was going to switch to antiproton once I had enough salvage. Plus, I sold these too and got my initial investment back when I was done with them.

So yeah, they were basically free for me.
    symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    On my latest KDF toon, I just bought WHITE mark IX disruptor DHCs/turrets from the shipyard vendor. Ran elite STFs until I got enough salvage to replace them with the mark XII. I guess it's technically not 'free' since the DHCs did cost some EC, but when I was done with them, I put them on the exchange and got most of my initial EC back.

As an aside, I also bought white disruptor consoles off the exchange for cheap. Didn't want to invest a whole lot since I was going to switch to antiproton once I had enough salvage. Plus, I sold these too and got my initial investment back when I was done with them.

So yeah, they were basically free for me.

If you don't consider your time to be a resource then they are free. The point is that the MK XII Borg Weaps take A LOT of STF running, getting lucky with prototype salvage drops and rolls when they randomly drop from Optionals etc. Calling them free is pretty pointless really, they would pretty much only be free if you got them just for hitting VA/LtGen or they were rewarded from some insignificant quest.

On a side note still no updates on that [Borg] modifier?
    Lifer since headstart!
  • Options
    izdubar6izdubar6 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you don't consider your time to be a resource then they are free. The point is that the MK XII Borg Weaps take A LOT of STF running, getting lucky with prototype salvage drops and rolls when they randomly drop from Optionals etc. Calling them free is pretty pointless really, they would pretty much only be free if you got them just for hitting VA/LtGen or they were rewarded from some insignificant quest.

On a side note still no updates on that [Borg] modifier?

They were more than free as he was collecting Dil and items to sell on the exchange as well as salvage.

This new system? Total resource and time sink.