And for the love of all that is HOLY please think KDF 8D
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone!

My name is Sean "Commander Ander" McCann. I?m the newest addition to the content team here on Star Trek Online! I was formerly a content designer for three years on City of Heroes, and I'm really excited to have the chance to work on Star Trek Online and interact with everyone here in the community!

If you were a fan of my work on City of Heroes, then I hope my work on STO will exceed your expectations.

If you didn't care for my work on City of Heroes, then I hope my work on STO will exceed your expectations.

If you have no idea who I am, then trust me when I say that I will be working hard alongside the other great content designers on STO to make incredible content for the game.

That's everything I have to say for now, but I'm sure you?ll all be hearing plenty from me in the future! I'll be lurking around the forums and checking out everything you guys have to say about the game and its story.

Commander Ander

Welcome aboard, Commander Ander. I hope you brought along your flame-retardant uniforms :)

Despite what some may claim, the attitudes reflected by most people on these forums, are of genuine concern from people who have a vested interest in the game, and who are passionate that the game (and it's development company) does well. Sometimes, the comments made may come off as people being angry or hateful (which could potentially cross the line), but most comments are made out of concern, not hate.

I hope to see some of your work (both past, and future), and perhaps even a few Tweet Leaks made by you in the future, provided it's permitted from your new Overlords at Cryptic Studios/PWE :)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have played Star Trek Online! I have a level 50 Fed and I'm working on my Klingon (Gorn!) now. I don't think I can divulge quite yet my favorite and least favorite things about it, as I don't want to come off promising anything. I do have a ton of ideas, though, of some cool things that could be done!

Regarding my previous experience, I worked on writing and designing new story arcs (equivalent of episodes), task forces (equivalent of STF's), and also worked on the game's equivalent of the Foundry. Did I use the word equivalent enough?

I'd like to think of myself as a writer and designer, working on developing stories, missions, maps, powers, critters, cutscenes, smaller systems, etc.

This is something that's very welcome, and an area that really could do with more talent bolstering the ranks, poor Kestrel must be space crazy by now as Lead Writer on a vast project like STO.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think I can divulge quite yet my favorite and least favorite things about it, as I don't want to come off promising anything.

You're new here but wise. If you promise something, especially on these forums, it'll be quoted to death for years till you address this.
    Regarding my previous experience, I worked on writing and designing new story arcs (equivalent of episodes), task forces (equivalent of STF's)

It sounds very interesting. It means we'll get more. :cool:
    and also worked on the game's equivalent of the Foundry.

Our current fanfics tool is already pretty good, but I guess it could use another hand if you're into that sort of things.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the Team! I hope you're settling well. Don't be a stranger around the forums.
  • Options
    mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Greetings Commander Ander,

I am so glad that you were able to come aboard to the STO team. I loved your work with CoH (I was a beta through 86 month sub) but please, no clones this time. I really dont want to have to beat you down again (and again) from that TaskForce where you sent me and team to a future. :)

In any case, welcome aboard.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    welcome aboard!
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Greetings Earthling...

Welcome to neighborhood.

:) <waves>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Errr... can I have cookies?

Welcome aboard. Just try not to mess things up, learn from your cheesiest colleague about posting on the forums, and you'll be fine. *grins*

Oh, and TRY TO AVOID SECTION 31!

:D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sean,

Welcome aboard! You're in a good place; there are plenty of other former or displaced CoH people here, including me. Glad to see you've landed on your feet working on a game many of us enjoy (even though we may be critical at times - it means we care :P).

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have played Star Trek Online! I have a level 50 Fed and I'm working on my Klingon (Gorn!) now.

From one fellow Gorn play to another, I really hope you're enjoying the Gorn ingame. :)

If ya don't mine me inquiring, which type of Gorn do ya have? Retro Gorn or New Gorn?

I've always been fond of the Retro Gorn, but I reckon thats in due part to the one I started with.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have played Star Trek Online! I have a level 50 Fed and I'm working on my Klingon (Gorn!) now.

So it is not "Commander" Ander but "Vice Admiral" Ander, good for you!

But i fear you already made too many promises because CONTENT... that is something we don't get around these parts.
    At least not the kind of content that we want, the one that includes STORY.
    Like, you know, Episode Missions / Featured Episodes / Klingon specific Missions.

For you as new player it must be like Disney Land right now with all the missions in STO.
    But i dare you to take a look at the release-dates of the last say 30 Story Missions... and then imagine you had been here all that time.

If you even can find 30 over the last 3 years that is!

You can pretty much imagine the STO playerbase in your head as a bunch of Zombies but instead of BRAAAAINS they want COOOONTENT.

Anyway happy to see a new Content Dev, lets just hope the all mighty schedule won't force you to do more 10 minute queue grind maps without Story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    From one fellow Gorn play to another, I really hope you're enjoying the Gorn ingame. :)

If ya don't mine me inquiring, which type of Gorn do ya have? Retro Gorn or New Gorn?

I've always been fond of the Retro Gorn, but I reckon thats in due part to the one I started with.

I have a new Gorn, but I might have to roll up a retro one, too! My decision for Gorn was partially because my fiancee loved TOS episode featuring the Gorn ("I shall be merciful, and quick!"). My fate was sealed when I saw they were a playable species.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a new Gorn, but I might have to roll up a retro one, too! My decision for Gorn was partially because my fiancee loved TOS episode featuring the Gorn ("I shall be merciful, and quick!"). My fate was sealed when I saw they were a playable species.

Welcome Commanderander!

I hope that your fiancee loves the KDF!

I sincerely hope you are working on my faction :)

PS Please push them over there to update the Foundry with epic assets already!!! I have an 5-episodic mission waiting.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was! Also, I just discovered the forum rule that a message needs to be at least ten characters. We're all learning things today.

Please, whatever you do, don't reuse the same 10 maps over and over - spice it up and create new ones. ;) (Yes, I played CoH for many years.:D)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    captan2er0 wrote: »

I've got to support this. I have a retro Gorn also but the skin isn't my only want for a return. The original color options for the retro Gorn need to return as well. My one Gorn toon, Albino Dino, is albino colored under the old skin and colors but there is nothing close on the new Gorn. Below is a screenshot from last year with the quoted posters retro Gorn, Rex.

Rex (left) and Albino Dino (right)

Personally, the retro Gorm have a smerk to their look that I like. The new Gorn look dosile and unintelligent.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was! Also, I just discovered the forum rule that a message needs to be at least ten characters. We're all learning things today.

Clearly we've got a trouble maker here...I'll be watching you ;-)

Seriously though, welcome on board, it's great to see some of the Paragon team coming along to Cryptic, and you've got some serious pedigree there - I never played the signature arcs (well I think I played the first one actually up to episode 2) but the Task Forces in CoX were epic, truly epic, as was the Mission Architect.
  • Options
    mikehawk77mikehawk77 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I remember this cat from CoH. Welcome to the nut house. Like 1st poster said. Don your troll repellant. Cause now your dealing with an age old IP. These nuts flip out over tiny things. FYI
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome aboard...looking forward to the new mission content you'll developing.
    We're all starving for new stuff to do instead of new rewards for the same missions we've already done 1000 times.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oyo oyo Igets ME GornSSSs on with the Retro Look provided by the Special Forces[?] eye covers gives that nice Golden look in a TOS Klingon Soldiers uniform. Bye the Bye Hatchlings know any good Nail clipper vendors.. ive broken another pair making my regulation uniform appearance guidlines..
    Say i want to look good for those Hirogens when i visit Some Ambush misson. .whats its name..

cant get in as a LTG due to the mission arc unlock mechanic..
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    mikehawk77mikehawk77 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2 more hours tacked onto the downtime. Call it a season & launch 7 already :P
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *redacted - (had multiple tabs with different treads and didn't post this where I actually wanted to)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have played Star Trek Online! I have a level 50 Fed and I'm working on my Klingon (Gorn!) now. I don't think I can divulge quite yet my favorite and least favorite things about it, as I don't want to come off promising anything. I do have a ton of ideas, though, of some cool things that could be done!

Regarding my previous experience, I worked on writing and designing new story arcs (equivalent of episodes), task forces (equivalent of STF's), and also worked on the game's equivalent of the Foundry. Did I use the word equivalent enough?

I'd like to think of myself as a writer and designer, working on developing stories, missions, maps, powers, critters, cutscenes, smaller systems, etc.

A Gorn you say? Oh, the irony. One of the biggest pieces of requested KDF content is the idea of a Gorn uprising.

As for those "Task Forces" from CoH... That do you thing the TF in STF stands for? XD

Welcome to the team, honored comrade, and may your deeds be worthy of song for centuries!
  • Options
    chikahirochikahiro Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome!

Would it be possible to tell us who else came over?

And please, PLEASE tell Melissa, Matt, etc, that I'd love to see them work on STO, Champions, even Neverwinter!

My blog! Zen|Dilithium tracking on Thursdays
    http://samonmaui.blogspot.com
    As a lifetime member of STO, I officially became a financial liability as of April 2012 when compared to a subscriber.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome man, its sad to see what happened to coh, played it since launch, i stopped playing as much due to sto...but still sad to see her dissapear :( glad to see cryptic getting some good people.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I have only one response to this good news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgLjPufIjMI
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FRESH MEAT.

Welcome. Stick around, we love devs who talk, even if it's only to shoot the breeze. We like that kind of stuff.

If I had any advice for you (not to scare you or anything), it's be careful what you promise game-wise. Just ask Heinig or Stahl. The forums are like an elephant. We're big and usually pretty gentle, but you don't wanna make us very angry, and we never forget.

Have a nice day. :3
  • Options
    glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seeing some new content would be a nice change, and I myself and many of my friends would also like it. I just wish the game was more like star trek. Most things don't make any sense. But welcome to the game, hope you bring something more than just hope....
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to STO!

I was a former CoH player myself for years before I defected to STO as a subscriber. (Please don't hold that against me!)

I liked Mission Architect and I have to say that even though I think the Foundry is a better tool in some ways I would sure like to see some of that functionality replicated -- especially new objective types and NPC behaviors. (That might not be your area of responsibility, this I understand. No worries.)

Just to echo what others have said, we love to see Dev posts on the forums and we love giving feedback... some of us are just... less social about it, shall we say?

Please keep your sense of humor and flame-retardant underoos on, never commit to anything that's not 100% going to happen, and know that the Community really does want you here and engaged on the forums. We've got lots of ideas we hope you'll at least listen to, and we really, really, really want more story-based mission content to do!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek