What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A new developer appears!

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012

If you were a fan of my work on City of Heroes, then I hope my work on STO will exceed your expectations.

Loved City of Heroes/Villians. SOrry to see it go.
    Welcome aboard.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Content designers are always welcome. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    qutothqutoth Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome aboard!

Here is my best guess of the development schedule for each STO season in 3min 30sec
    STO work plan

You can skip to about 1:50sec for how S7 is shaping up! :)

PS. Drop that gorn and go klingon all the way!

Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
    The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice to see an old City of Heroes developer.

I was in the Supergroup with Gail Simone and Mercedes Lackey there. They both tried STO but didn't stick around.

I believe I was the first hero mastermind. Well before Going Rogue. A few people snuck across zone lines before me but I was actually flagged as a hero and had an entourage of a few dozen other players. Took about a month for Cryptic to figure out how to fix the character.

I'd suggest getting into Podcast UGC and talking to Foundry authors. You know your profession and your tools, obviously, but I think the toolset here has led to a lot of us having some really advanced discussion on mission flow and design, particularly the irregularities of how that applies to Star Trek.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *whip*

No more posting get some content out to us fast, this game needs it *whip* lol

btw, welcome to sto.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    City of Heroes content developer acquisition. Versed in Episodic, STF, and Foundry type(equivalent) dealings.

This pleases me. *rapts fingers menacingly*
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well fit you with a nice Le Kirk Tribble Toupe to cure that Gorn pattern baldness in no time.. Now we jsut nned somebodie to design a 2 teir equipment belt..

I mean how ya gonan catch them all like Sean Brody if you dotn have enough Storage
    on the belt.. Pika?
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to the madhouse. :D:P

I hope you will take a look at the more well put together suggestions on these forums. Like this one.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    2) Be a champion for the Foundry. We have so many great things in this game that are not available for use in the Foundry. Help us help you make the game better.

Welcome aboard.

Yes please. Welcome. Please don't ignore all of us making content for the game. We should be seen as part of the team. Instead, we're kind of ignored when it comes to requested assets. Slowly, some new features are coming, and BF does lots of good PR for the Foundry.

But, we need assets. It doesn't have to be new. It doesn't have to be a buggy system.

A plate of gahg would make us happy. A transporter pad would be like manna from up high.

It's a little unclear what you'll be doing, but if you can skin a primitive with a carpet texture and add it to the foundry, you'd make us happy. Even if you could only do something like that once every two weeks or even once a month.

We're not asking for much these days. Throw us some table scraps, if you can. And if there is anything that you're working on that can benefit the foundry, please make the extra effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Glad they finally got your Yellow Name figured out Sean. Welcome to the forums. . . uh. . get back to work!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Glad they finally got your Yellow Name figured out Sean. Welcome to the forums. . . uh. . get back to work!

Don't worry Taco, he's probably not invading your domain. :P
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I'd rather have the COH devs working on champions to make that as awesome (plant powers would be nice) its always great to get new people in from great games. Hopefully you enjoy the work and I look forward to seeing it hit holodeck.
  • Options
    starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have played Star Trek Online! I have a level 50 Fed and I'm working on my Klingon (Gorn!) now.

Excellent! Another clutch brother on the Dev team! Welcome and Qapla'!
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well well, a brand new Dev.

Care to join a fleet? My fleet is great, nearly to a tier 4 SB Fed-side, and tier 3 SB KDF-side, we're not a mega-fleet, but I think that's pretty impressive regardless. ;)

....What? Just taking a little initiative. I didn't see anyone ELSE inviting him to a fleet. (An invite I did at least half-seriously mean btw. If not, that's alright of course)

I will say though, communicating is great. I know you will have to do what you have been told to do, regardless of what you might or might not say on these forums, and I generally do try to keep that in mind.

Still, I hope you can find something you really can get behind. Even if it isn't your area of the game to work on. Be it KDF content, PvP improvements, story missions, anything...Heck...if you're all for giving the Fed-side a new C-store ship a week, that is your choice, but let it be YOUR passion of what you wanna add to the game.

I won't speak for anyone else, but if you find something you really and truly like and want to improve, I can respect that. Might not agree with it, but I can respect it.

Anyways, to sum up...as Q said at the end of TNG...

"See you....out there!" :D
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A wild developer has appeared!

(sorry if somebody said that somewhere)

Welcome! Hope you enjoy things here :D
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ooh a Gorn player. Welcome to the STO team, fellow reptile!
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was a long time Vet in City of Heroes... you'll always be Dr. Aeon to me :P

Can't wait to see your work...

Personally for me, I'd like to see more missions I can use my whole away team on..
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

I know its neat is it not.. maybe we can get a few new Tribble combos for you two?
    Ander Fanges? has a ring to it?
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    Why Commander Ander?

So, once I was working on something and named a character Commander Anders. I had never said the name out loud, however. One day, there was a bug with it, so I went to talk to one of the system's guys. I went to him and said,

"So, there's a bug with Commander Anders. ...."

We both stared at each other and realized that I was just repeating the last part of commander with the character's name and started making up names like "Corporal Poral", "Soldier Oldier", "General Eneral" etc.

I enjoyed the pun in the name, so I decided it would fit nicely as my new yellow name here!
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FPARN!

ohhh wrong forum and game...

Welcome Sean, and to me you'll always be the crazy Dr Aeon... the one and true Batman.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, once I was working on something and named a character Commander Anders. I had never said the name out loud, however. One day, there was a bug with it, so I went to talk to one of the system's guys. I went to him and said,

"So, there's a bug with Commander Anders. ...."

We both stared at each other and realized that I was just repeating the last part of commander with the character's name and started making up names like "Corporal Poral", "Soldier Oldier", "General Eneral" etc.

I enjoyed the pun in the name, so I decided it would fit nicely as my new yellow name here!

Excuses. You're just one of my fanboys. I understand.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just make sure you aren't sending out information about your nefarious intentions on a live broadcast. It makes getting out of your traps that much easier. =)
  • Options
    zazelbyzazelby Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the one hand, I'm sad to see that the Paragon team is scattering to different companies. (I was kinda hoping you'd all stay together and start an independent studio)

On the other... STO was already very high on my list of potential "replacement" games (if I can get it running on my Mac - keep your fingers crossed) when CoH goes down completely at the end of the month, and now it's gotten higher. Can't wait to see what you bring to the game.

"It is unthinkable. But such is the nature of villainy, don't you think? To do the unthinkable, to challenge the impossible, to conquer all before you and make destiny your own." - Ghost Widow
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome aboard, Commander! I look forward to the content you create.:D
  • Options
    reirakureiraku Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Glad to see you back to doing what you love, Sean.

If you're writing here now, then I'm sure to give it a serious try. Your arcs in CoH were always gold.

-Reiraku
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    Welcome aboard sir

I have stocks of critical regens
    Spare Elite Maco armor
    And a spare psg if it gets rough :)

We all look foward to great content
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey Dr. Aeon!
    /Commander Ander
    Glad to see a familiar face over here. Here's hoping this place can grow all the better for your presence.

Folks treat this man like the genius he is :D

See you in game perhaps.

Elvnsword

(Formerly known as @Liberties)
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Sean, glad to see you and so many others landing on their collective feet after Paragon's unceremonious dissolution. I was @Blood Speaker over on CoH. Michelle/@Samuraiko says "hi", but she doesn't play STO. Here, you'll occasionally see me as @Captain_Thiraas. My Gorn captain Ak'araast and his Varanus cruiser are at your disposal, if you need any additional cold-blooded backup. :D
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very, very glad to see you, Commander.
    I look forward to seeing what you can do here, especially with the Foundry. (Like Architect, it's a decent toolset that just needs some love.)

I go by @Megajoule over there (for another month :( ).