test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 1, 2012)

Comments

• milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't have any holidays. Cryptic can do their maintenance whenever they like.
    My life does not require that the server be up to continue.
  • resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

wow harsh words. plenty of ways to meet cap without doing stf on fed side.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank goodness, I have another week to score that elusive proto deflector.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Thank goodness, I have another week to score that elusive proto deflector.
    :D

mine is the eng proto lol
    edited November 2012
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Brandon is "just" PR. CaptainGeko and dstahl are the ones;)
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Sorry no. Fed can easily get the daily amount with the reduced STF. Turn in contraband gives you 2k every 4 hours, thats a 1/4 of what you need daily. Doff missions can also give you a couple thousand if done right. Investigate officer reports, and borg invasions. RIght now I have 2 weeks back logged in dilithium and I dont do STF.
    edited November 2012

there r other ways. i am far from stupid. i make my cap in under 1 hr. i have plenty of time to enjoy fun game time. b4 u say, i do have a 50-70hr/week job. i make so much fed dil in a day i wish i had a bigger cap lol
    edited November 2012
    joenatl wrote: »
    Sorry no. Fed can easily get the daily amount with the reduced STF. Turn in contraband gives you 2k every 4 hours, thats a 1/4 of what you need daily. Doff missions can also give you a couple thousand if done right. Investigate officer reports, and borg invasions. RIght now I have 2 weeks back logged in dilithium and I dont do STF.

i make my cap without doing any stf missions.
  • tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kriss257 wrote: »

Except that it's not necessarily a PUBLIC holiday, it might just be noted as a religious observance. I know as a UK Civil Servant I certainly don't get time off for it!
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i make my cap without doing any stf missions.

STF what is that? I am a little bummed with th 4 hour down time because I won't be making my refined daily 100k today, probably just 50k dilth today - oh well I'll make due.
    edited November 2012
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joenatl wrote: »

And you turned the game into a grind dilithium and no fun.When someone says "that way is not fun" well be sure that way is not fun and trying to make that person do something is not fun to get something it needs is anything but a game which should be fun.

It would be like grinding your daily dilithium first then playing.That is like a job and I know it will sound shocking but this is a game not a second job.

Borg invasions are random .
    Contraband is not enough for more than 2000 dilithium every 2 or 3 days.

Im not even talking about those who have 1 tac ,1 sci ,1 engineer and 1 kdf toon....for that you will need to hire someone to play for you.

less fanboism in this game would be great.The devs would know what sucks and would be able to change and fix .When fanboys say "everything is great" ...be sure people will stop playing that "great" and the game will have 10 fanboys which will consider the game good even without missions and ships.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so tribble is down also ? , no where does it say this tbh :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited November 2012

well, i make my cap in 1 hour. no log off and then back on. if u cant do that too then u r doing something wrong lol
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A few KDF toons and you can be rolling in dilth, contraband, resources, and TRIBBLE to sell or discard for ec. On my avg KDF toon I can get 10k dilth per day with just a hour total time invested doffing. It's actually disgusting how much dilth you can get rolling KDF - funny you never hear many KDF players whine about getting dilth.
    edited November 2012
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With the 8K refining cap, I don't really see the need to reduce ore earnings from anything. Other than the obviou$.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    so tribble is down also ? , no where does it say this tbh :(

It says so in the OP (emphasis is mine).
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, November 1st, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Appears that it may come up and go down sporadically.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • toxdawgewctoxdawgewc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I may be a new player and all and never posted in these here forums before but i sure do see alot of whining over a free game. Be happy its free and be happy they give you ways to earn stuff to get new weapons and ships.. alot of free games dont do anything for you unless you spend you hard earned money. Who gives a rats behind if you have to spend an extra 30 mins getting dilithium I mean seriously.... this is a dang game not something to turn into a drama queen session.... dont like the game or the way they are taking it uninstall it and find you a new one to play and stop giving these people who create and work the game such a hsrdtime. ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!
    edited November 2012
    toxdawgewc wrote: »
    i May Be A New Player And All And Never Posted In These Here Forums Before But I Sure Do See Alot Of Whining Over A Free Game. Be Happy Its Free And Be Happy They Give You Ways To Earn Stuff To Get New Weapons And Ships.. Alot Of Free Games Dont Do Anything For You Unless You Spend You Hard Earned Money. Who Gives A Rats Behind If You Have To Spend An Extra 30 Mins Getting Dilithium I Mean Seriously.... This Is A Dang Game Not Something To Turn Into A Drama Queen Session.... Dont Like The Game Or The Way They Are Taking It Uninstall It And Find You A New One To Play And Stop Giving These People Who Create And Work The Game Such A Hsrdtime. Its Free!!!!!!!!!!

Very Well Said!!!!!! Ty Ty Ty Ty
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I take it- since C-store is down as well- they'll be adding the Vesta -bundle to the store with this patch ?
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any word on the next special project? 200K Dilithium for.....

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
    edited November 2012
    Very Well Said!!!!!! Ty Ty Ty Ty
    wow does your ignorance have no end? this is not free, you have to spend money or convert dilithium to get anywhere. so its not free. period newb. second you are pretty stupid if you think doing 2 or 3 hours worth of va explore missions compares to a unbalanced kdf daily system of defense missions. 3rd dont bother to respond you are part of the problem not the solution. you simply to blind to see the imbalance.
    edited November 2012
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rikwessels wrote: »
    I take it- since C-store is down as well- they'll be adding the Vesta -bundle to the store with this patch ?

The Vesta is supposed to come out when Season 7 launches.

When the Vesta comes out the game might become unplayable because...

This game might not be compatible with Vesta.:D
    edited November 2012

With all due respect, u seem to be the bigest part of the problem. u and ppl like u. want more for free. yes i paid for it, but i have a lot of friends and family that play and dont pay for it and dont convert dil. They do just fine without zen purchases. lol. u expect way to much for a free game. so i feel u r a main part of the problem. if u r gonna just complain, then y be on here? just uninstall the game and go on with ur life. no need to be a child and call names on the forum. lol.
    edited November 2012
    With all due respect, u seem to be the bigest part of the problem. u and ppl like u. want more for free. yes i paid for it, but i have a lot of friends and family that play and dont pay for it and dont convert dil. They do just fine without zen purchases. lol. u expect way to much for a free game. so i feel u r a main part of the problem. if u r gonna just complain, then y be on here? just uninstall the game and go on with ur life. no need to be a child and call names on the forum. lol.

480 unrefined dilithium for each mission (Based on http://www.stowiki.org/Daily):

Rescue Deferi captives (Breen series, Deferi Sector Block)
    History 102 (FED)/Learning the Lore(KDF)
    Emancipation (Deferi Sector Block)
    Satellite Repair
    Sh?mar ? Distress Signal
    Defense Contract
    Total of 2880. Assigned as A variable

1440 unrefined dilithium for each mission:

Chart the B?tran Cluster (This is a Vice Admiral daily)
    Explore Strange New Worlds (Best to do this with the one above)
    Aiding the Deferi
    Salvage Dispute (only if you collect and keep the computer core fragments from ?Defense Contract?, requires 10)....now compare that to the kdf 3 dailiy defense missons at 1440 each, and the kdf sota missons all 5 on repeatble 30 min timers...and wht do you have a whats that a UNBALANCED GAME OH MY GOD REALLY ...yes you are as stupid as you sound go play with yourself now as i said your not helping people like you little sheep who lay down and agree with everything for the sake of the game are the problem you ignornt little newb.
This discussion has been closed.