Install Arc
Options

Season 7 Dev Blog #1

124»

Comments

• Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    A 'TON' of space missions huh.....I always get suspicious when Cryptic uses generic terms like that.......we've had the 'BIG' and 'EPIC' updates that failed to deliver.....'TON' is meaningless without some number attached to it.

'We developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.'.....I'm sorry,but after 2(!) years this really sounds like 'We were to lazy to actually finish the mission and design a space part for it.'

^ more likely.

I find it sad that a small team can defeat the Borg QUEEN as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Take you right into the heart of the action..." without wasting time in a space part.

Ok, so a space battle is apparently not part of the action.

But then again, what could a ITH space battle provide that the other three can't? Thinking up new space mechanics is a bit too much, granted.

What I would like to see is a new kind of kit the Queen drops, which you can customize with your reputation XP.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What rewards will we get for this? That's the question. Or will it be a hollow STF like Terradome? Sure we'll all play it and rant and rave about it, and sure kicking the queen off her throne will be a worthwhile reward but then what? A lock box, two uncommons and maybe one rare or if someone is lucky a very rare XI drop?

That concern aside, I can't wait to try this with my fleet!
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So - is this also going to be broken down into "Into The Hive Ground" and "Into The Hive" Spce like the rest of the Borg STFs? What are the rewards for this? How about a Random piecce of Proto Borg Tech both space AND ground? I'd be cool with that....
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Starcraft II infatuation?

First we get the Bortas, which looks like the Hyperion Command Cruiser.
    Now the Borg Queen resembles the Queen of Blades. :confused:

No space portion is a bummer as well.
  • Options
    captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The first Dev blog for Season 7, and it about an STF! :( I would have thought it would be better to lead with something new. We have been waiting for over 2 years for this. How do I feel? Ya another STF which I would have to play to death to get the stuff I need/want. I'm more interested in how the Omega reputation system will work and affect me. It's taken me 9 month to get the MACO mk XII ground set, I want to know if it will take that long for the Omega.

If this is the only news about Season 7 than we are in trouble.

The TON of space missions I guess will be for the Romulan Reputation system. BTW. TON by most definitions means 100! :eek: Are we getting 100 space missions then? Or is this a Cryptic TON, which is 2? ;)

Another opportunity missed by Cryptic. :(
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    xenor002 wrote: »
    ^ more likely.

I find it sad that a small team can defeat the Borg QUEEN as well...

Yeah, we should do it like Picard, and Future Janeway did...alone
    The first Dev blog for Season 7, and it about an STF! :( I would have thought it would be better to lead with something new. We have been waiting for over 2 years for this. How do I feel? Ya another STF which I would have to play to death to get the stuff I need/want. I?m more interested in how the Omega reputation system will work and affect me. It?s taken me 9 month to get the MACO mk XII ground set, I want to know if it will take that long for the Omega.

If this is the only news about Season 7 than we are in trouble.

The TON of space missions I guess will be for the Romulan Reputation system. BTW. TON by most definitions means 100! :eek: Are we getting 100 space missions then? Or is this a Cryptic TON, which is 2? ;)

Another opportunity missed by Cryptic. :(

Maybe you did not see the big one in front of it, most likely to be followed by two, and since we are in mid October and season 7 comes out mid November, we might get lots of blogs leading up to it.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Starcraft III infatuation?

First we get the Bortas, which looks like the Hyperion Command Cruiser.
    Now the Borg Queen resembles the Queen of Blades. :confused:

No space portion is a bummer as well.

Yay, I'm not the only one who noticed lol~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Its been stated more than once that more blogs are coming with a lot more information. This may be the single most anticipated piece of content with the new patch and...i'm disappointed.

I was hoping for a major league STF simular to the original Star Trek Movie where the Enterprise flys into V'ger.

Ground STF's are insanely difficult. With a timegate that requires an almost unfathomable amount of DPS. I've got dominion set gear and i honestly dont think its enough how quickly i die in there. I hope this is a more balanced game on normal/elite because if its like the previous ground. Its not going to be played much and a lot are going to be disappointed.

Ground STF's arent played as much because of what it takes to get the job done. Its a lot harder than space in terms of equipment and skillpoints spent. Have fun...i guess i wont be taking part in this.
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    FYI -

"Cryptic" Ton = 3

"Cryptic" A lot = 2
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Its been stated more than once that more blogs are coming with a lot more information. This may be the single most anticipated piece of content with the new patch and...i'm disappointed.

I was hoping for a major league STF simular to the original Star Trek Movie where the Enterprise flys into V'ger.

Ground STF's are insanely difficult. With a timegate that requires an almost unfathomable amount of DPS. I've got dominion set gear and i honestly dont think its enough how quickly i die in there. I hope this is a more balanced game on normal/elite because if its like the previous ground. Its not going to be played much and a lot are going to be disappointed.

Ground STF's arent played as much because of what it takes to get the job done. Its a lot harder than space in terms of equipment and skillpoints spent. Have fun...i guess i wont be taking part in this.

Oddly, it seems that the way to survive in Ground STFs is to do space STFs until you can get Mk XI Ground sets then do Ground STFs. :rolleyes:

As for me, if it's fun, the rewards are good, and the changes/additions to STF rewards are nice (with the whole reputation thing...) then eh, I'll do it a few times.

But I'm looking forward to the adventure zone, I've wanted an excuse to bring a boff with me somewhere for months.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Nice, one night when I have enough time to try it. I would love to tangle with the Borg Queen. As it being ground. I love it along with space action. Looking forward to this and other features for Season 7.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    pingahead wrote: »
    FYI -

"Cryptic" Ton = 3

"Cryptic" A lot = 2

Get ready to redefine the Pingahead Dictionary ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    At the risk of being opportunistic, I'd really like to invite some of the folks in this thread to play my Foundry mission. If you're wanting some into the hive-style space action, check it out.

You might have to turn down some settings. But, if you're after intense space combat on a Borg-like version of the Vault, there it is.

It might nicely complement this stf.

So, yeah, please see sig if you're angry that this stf is ground-only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Get ready to redefine the Pingahead Dictionary ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Challenge accepted
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    leosg1 wrote: »
    Star fleet being fighting the Borg for decades and still have not develop any better ground weapons that don't need re-modulation, come on!! is time to get us some superior equipment to fight the enemies that don't need re-modulation every 2 seconds.

Don't use a minigun, then you won't have to remodulate every 2 seconds. If you are using the Omega-Set, don't use the secondary firemode first...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    alastairnallalastairnall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The problem is you're using the Dominion set. Which is most useful against Dominion forces and only marginally useful against anything else. The ground STF's (even the Elite versions) for the most part are pretty easy. From my own experience since beta, the ground portions aren't played as much not because they're difficult. But because they're not space.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    Surprise :)http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6250331#post6250331
    dastahl wrote: »
    I am right. Dodds is finishing up the Space portion of the STF secretely and we haven't told Brandon yet :)

But Brandon is right in that "Into the Hive" refers to the ground portion of the STF. The space portion will probably have its own name.

It is a face off against the Borg Queen diamond as well as some other challenges at one of the unimatrix complexes. It is pretty awesome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Shh that is a secret you are not supposed to know yet; try not to let your boss find out.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Please oh please may the rewards for the STF include the appearance mods "Borg Saucer Pods" shown on the Assimilated Carrier from "The Cure (Space)" and the "Borg Sphere Frame" shown on Donatra's Scimitar in "Khitomer Accord (Space)".

I've been dying to get these appearance mods for my main Fed character's ship since before the STF Ground/Space split over a year ago. I'm practically willing to pay for the darned things; I don't care what they come on so long as I can get those looks.
  • Options
    wackywombatwackywombat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there any way we could get Omega Reputation for our current EDCs/Salvage/Tech instead of a credit conversion? Honestly, I'd rather have credit for the work I've put towards getting the mark XII sets then tokens that I can't use for 3ish months and that I'll probably have an excess of once I DO get T5.

A I'm just not seeing the point of a straight up Token > Token conversion that we cant use immediately.
  • Options
    tuu1tuu1 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2012
    tuu:Hey bro whats up
    Blue:Not much bro
    tuu:Stf?
    blue:na bro cant on cool down and i cant be bothered anymore to many blummin noobs wasting my time
    tuu:come on
    blue:Na i am off
    larry:sup bro
    tuu:hey stf
    larry:soz 22 mins to go
    tuu:fed fleet action
    larry:And what carry a level 13 player no thanks lolz
    tuu:Why do you not you like it?
    larry:It just bores me for some reason i cant say why but i just cant play atm i am off later

12 mins later tuu is in the cure elite some moron blows the cube to early and all is lost due to lack of good team mates and dps. Tuu sighs and longs for the day of real team play and the ability to vote out and replace useless players that should be in the minors, if even that. Tuu looks at the ques for pve and thinks na no more time wasting on that.... I AM OFF!!!!

2 hrs of game play 3 stfs 3 times booted from server, players leaving a match early x 3, and cure lost due to skilless players. I really hope the devs can look at these types of things. like more missions that have stories and to do something to get people feeling the vibe again lolz the game has become a ZOMBIE like i said before there is no soul to the game no awe no sense of accomplishment. All i want is fun fun fun no more grind grind grind and grind. Well i am off lol :):D :cool: