test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #1

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    hmm... if it was destroyed before, and rebuild again, so we go now to destroy it again, how can this be a final blow to the Borg? They will just rebuild it all again.

Explains how/why we have to play the STF over and over, eh? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    That would mean over one hour missions, do you want a hour long mission were so many things can and will go wrong?

I can tell you if the have a noraml and elite - the first few weeks this mission WILL be 1 hour long if you pug!! And that's IF you are able to complete it!! The ground pugs are bad - but man or man a new one - wow that is going to be horrendous during the first while - with everyone who has not done a ground coming in with green gear on and dying every 2 seconds and having no heals. Fun Fun Fun.

Yes yes - stf channel, pre-mades and all that stuff. Just saying.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think people need to remeber that unimatrix 01 is /was simply unimatrix ONE. Theres nothign in cannon saying there aren't other lesser unimatrix's. From what i read in the dev blog it sounds like where going after a lesser unimatrix that the borg queen just happens to have turned up at.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll add my disappointment that after all this waiting, there is no space portion at all.

I'm sure the devs have some metrics that must show ground to be played often - but I guarantee you that if we didn't need to do ground for the ground costume it wouldn't be run 1/4th as often as it is.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'll add my disappointment that after all this waiting, there is no space portion at all.

I'm sure the devs have some metrics that must show ground to be played often - but I guarantee you that if we didn't need to do ground for the ground costume it wouldn't be run 1/4th as often as it is.

You are joking right? For every 1 ground played(across the system) probably 100 space missions are played - and that is probably an UNDERestimate

All you have to do is go to the tab that shows mission in progress - it shows that the stf grounds are barely there.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    While its great to get the ending to the borg STFs we've been doing for years. Most of the players who joined after the STF revamps don't even know the original story that was there. Please add the original STFs back to its original contact so its an option. I'd love to show the storyline to the Fleet members who wasn't here.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Will the new STF feature the new reward system yet?
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wonderful, a new ground STF to look forward to. And from the sound of it, this will probably be a covert operations mission. I can't wait until this goes live next month.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    Wonderful, a new ground STF to look forward to. And from the sound of it, this will probably be a covert operations mission. I can't wait until this goes live next month.

Umm this isn't a new thing in STF's haha.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wonder if rewards will be Purple Mk XII Console requisitions.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    YAY finally into the hive is coming.....oh wait...its time gated rewards...
    What bright spark thought it would be a good idea to time gate the rewards ?
    When will they learn ?
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pwefail wrote: »
    YAY finally into the hive is coming.....oh wait...its time gated rewards...
    What bright spark thought it would be a good idea to time gate the rewards ?
    When will they learn ?

its probably the same as the current stf's. you get all the rewards when ever you play but you get more EDC and dilithium if you play it on the specific wednesday.

the difference us it sounds like into the hive will be added to the hourly calendar rather than the daily one.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I do agree that space is more popular, although i personally believe that is largely because of the ground bosses.

I actually really like the ground missions right up until the end when the bosses are a nightmare to fight with pugs. so no one wants to pug them because the hard bit is right at the end.

now im not saying there is not room for hard content that is designed for teams but i do hope they have made normal very puggable while elite is the real challenge
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dassemsto wrote: »
    Ground only? Really?

Because most people in STO love space combat and only do ground if pushed upon them?

I've been looking forward to this for over 2 years, and now that it's here, it's only the crappy half that made it! Sux big time :(
    REally? I like ground more than space, it's just more fun to me.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes yes yes... but more important: When is tribbe test period (when we have all the features at once)...

Makes more sense to test it while everything can mess other things up...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • seetheriusseetherius Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm really excited about this upcoming STF. Can't wait to play it with my dedicated STF folks. :)

I also agree that the story progress of the current STFs is totally ruined and don't make much sense. Especially Khitomer Accord seems so broken, without all the damaged borg ships entering the time vortex and explaining why you were in the tutorial able to defeat the borg.

I think if you could implement story trailer to each STFs and explain the situation, that'd make a lot more sense than a pop-up window of your BOFF that nobody bothers to read. Think of the Alerts from Champions Online, like of Hi-Pan and why he attempts to become the greatest magician on earth and heaven. Another example is Therakiel's Temple raid, where Robert Caliburn, the hero, leads the player character through the story to explain what the heck is going on.

And in addition to the above paragraph, add a skip option of trailers if everyone agrees to. So the people who want to rush through only to get the loot won't be bored and loose precious time.

p.s.: 29th century borg queen maybe, since the borg might have opened a temporal lockbox? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =Δ= 12th Fleet, Engineering Division, Fleet Captain =Δ=
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bwahahahah two years in the making for half an stf, ground only....wow

sry fail
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't really play ground stfs that much. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who do. My "problem" is not the ground mission itself but the continuing Borg focus. I think most of the people would like to see STF like missions who do not involve fighting the Borg but for example the Iconians, the Romulans or the Tholians.

I understand there will be a space STF involving Tholians coming up with season 7? I hope this marks a swich of focus. There's really to much Borg in the game right now.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    havam wrote: »
    bwahahahah two years in the making for half an stf, ground only....wow

sry fail

your post is a fail. Who said they were working on a new stf the whole time (for 2 years) ? There were other things that had priority obviously.
    What ? Calaway.
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Very cool! :) I actually tried my first space STF a little while ago and I honestly preferred that to the ground STF missions [maybe because, in space, I wasn't constantly clicking my "Frequency Remodulator"...:D] so I'm eager to play more of 'em.

Speaking of Season 7, has a release date been set yet? :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tebsu wrote: »
    your post is a fail. Who said they were working on a new stf the whole time (for 2 years) ? There were other things that had priority obviously.

The engineering reports and Gozer's (aka archived user) posts are your friends. INto the Hive and Children of Khan has been worked at for even longer then the PvP leaderboards, F@W fix and the cloak bug.

As brandon correctly pointed out, back then all STFs consist of a space and a ground section. They also had some story to it...but hey. Lets not think that into the hive will be a rushed half done job before it hits tribble. See ya there

• eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Meow, any chance of Borg Diamonds appearing in space mobs sumtime soon?
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

A 'TON' of space missions huh.....I always get suspicious when Cryptic uses generic terms like that.......we've had the 'BIG' and 'EPIC' updates that failed to deliver.....'TON' is meaningless without some number attached to it.
    When they (Infected, The Cure, Khitomer Accord) were originally developed, they were one mission with space and ground portions. When they were remastered, space and ground versions were made. Into the Hive is about infiltrating the Unimatrix and confronting the Borg Queen -- we developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

'We developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.'.....I'm sorry,but after 2(!) years this really sounds like 'We were to lazy to actually finish the mission and design a space part for it.'
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    A 'TON' of space missions huh.....I always get suspicious when Cryptic uses generic terms like that.......we've had the 'BIG' and 'EPIC' updates that failed to deliver.....'TON' is meaningless without some number attached to it.

'We developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.'.....I'm sorry,but after 2(!) years this really sounds like 'We were to lazy to actually finish the mission and design a space part for it.'

^ more likely.

I find it sad that a small team can defeat the Borg QUEEN as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Take you right into the heart of the action..." without wasting time in a space part.

Ok, so a space battle is apparently not part of the action.

But then again, what could a ITH space battle provide that the other three can't? Thinking up new space mechanics is a bit too much, granted.

What I would like to see is a new kind of kit the Queen drops, which you can customize with your reputation XP.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What rewards will we get for this? That's the question. Or will it be a hollow STF like Terradome? Sure we'll all play it and rant and rave about it, and sure kicking the queen off her throne will be a worthwhile reward but then what? A lock box, two uncommons and maybe one rare or if someone is lucky a very rare XI drop?

That concern aside, I can't wait to try this with my fleet!
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So - is this also going to be broken down into "Into The Hive Ground" and "Into The Hive" Spce like the rest of the Borg STFs? What are the rewards for this? How about a Random piecce of Proto Borg Tech both space AND ground? I'd be cool with that....
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Starcraft II infatuation?

First we get the Bortas, which looks like the Hyperion Command Cruiser.
    Now the Borg Queen resembles the Queen of Blades. :confused:

No space portion is a bummer as well.
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The first Dev blog for Season 7, and it about an STF! :( I would have thought it would be better to lead with something new. We have been waiting for over 2 years for this. How do I feel? Ya another STF which I would have to play to death to get the stuff I need/want. I'm more interested in how the Omega reputation system will work and affect me. It's taken me 9 month to get the MACO mk XII ground set, I want to know if it will take that long for the Omega.

If this is the only news about Season 7 than we are in trouble.

The TON of space missions I guess will be for the Romulan Reputation system. BTW. TON by most definitions means 100! :eek: Are we getting 100 space missions then? Or is this a Cryptic TON, which is 2? ;)

Another opportunity missed by Cryptic. :(
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    xenor002 wrote: »
    ^ more likely.

I find it sad that a small team can defeat the Borg QUEEN as well...

Yeah, we should do it like Picard, and Future Janeway did...alone
    The first Dev blog for Season 7, and it about an STF! :( I would have thought it would be better to lead with something new. We have been waiting for over 2 years for this. How do I feel? Ya another STF which I would have to play to death to get the stuff I need/want. I?m more interested in how the Omega reputation system will work and affect me. It?s taken me 9 month to get the MACO mk XII ground set, I want to know if it will take that long for the Omega.

If this is the only news about Season 7 than we are in trouble.

The TON of space missions I guess will be for the Romulan Reputation system. BTW. TON by most definitions means 100! :eek: Are we getting 100 space missions then? Or is this a Cryptic TON, which is 2? ;)

Another opportunity missed by Cryptic. :(

Maybe you did not see the big one in front of it, most likely to be followed by two, and since we are in mid October and season 7 comes out mid November, we might get lots of blogs leading up to it.
    GwaoHAD.png