test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7 Dev Blog #1

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Content Designer Chris Dods shares details about the upcoming Into the Hive STF in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    New STF! WooHoo! Looks pretty awesome, but it's a shame there'll be no space element to it from how it looks.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agreed. Looks great , but truly hoping there is a space element here somewhere.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Agreed. Looks great , but truly hoping there is a space element here somewhere.

It's a ground mission :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Which means alot of people wont do it because alot of people dont like ground, should of made both.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No space segment? Not even a really cool shuttle infiltration mission? :(
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Still super excited to get a new STF, obviously, but is there any insight as to why all the other STFs have a Space and a ground version, yet this new one is only going to be ground ?
    Just wondering if that decision process can be shared ?

EDIT : Also , I am very happy to be seeing the start of Season 7 news :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    No space segment? Not even a really cool shuttle infiltration mission? :(

I must admit as I read it I thought "Awesome, another five person shuttle mission :D" and then i read on...now I prefer ground STFs, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to find people to do them with. I'm just hoping it's something awesome :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Still super excited to get a new STF, obviously, but is there any insight as to why all the other STFs have a Space and a ground version, yet this new one is only going to be ground ?

When they (Infected, The Cure, Khitomer Accord) were originally developed, they were one mission with space and ground portions. When they were remastered, space and ground versions were made. Into the Hive is about infiltrating the Unimatrix and confronting the Borg Queen -- we developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I would imagine the other STFs have both Space and Ground is because before they were split up as they are now they were each a single continuous mission. So instead of thowing away either portion they split them up, (with minor changes in some cases).
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Speaking of rem to nudge the team on gozers Children of Khan arc every so often please.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Moar blogs NOW!
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cryptic, I understand why the original STFs were broken up, but the story line no longer makes any sense. The narratives of the original 3 STFs were completely ruined when they were split up and had many of the conversations removed.

A suggestion: Put the original STFs back in (with tweaks to playability...) in *addition* to the current iterations, so that fleets and organized groups can still experience the story as they were originally intended.

Perhaps the longer versions could offer better rewards commensurate to their higher level of difficulty. Everyone wins in this scenario. You already have the content, and the only thing that needs to be done is for them to be connected back to the PVE queue system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    ... nudge the team on gozers Children of Khan arc every so often please.

Yes ! What theReaper just said.

YOu could always ... just walk by offices and say the words Children of Khan.
    When they ask how your day was ... you could answer The Children of Khan would have made this a GREAT day !
    When they ask what you are having for lunch ... you could say Children of Khan's Turkey Sandwich.
    When they ask what is your favorite story ... you could say ...

I kid , of course, but I know there is a serious hope among players that Children of Khan has not been forgotten.
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yay :) new stuff to do. Yes. Looking forward to it
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    Cryptic, I understand why the original STFs were broken up, but the story line no longer makes any sense. The narratives of the original 3 STFs were completely ruined when they were split up and had many of the conversations removed.

A suggestion: Put the original STFs back in (with tweaks to playability...) in *addition* to the current iterations, so that fleets and organized groups can still experience the story as they were originally intended.

Perhaps the longer versions could offer better rewards commensurate to their higher level of difficulty. Everyone wins in this scenario. You already have the content, and the only thing that needs to be done is for them to be connected back to the PVE queue system.

They said couple of times its not gonna happen . I dont know. No mean no .
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    About time for a new stf.. I love ground combat :D I do always hear the common whine about its star trek not ground trek. The thing is this is a game made from over half a century of ST series content which over half of it was away teams/ground. Ground combat is very simple so I do not see why people do not like it not to mention how fun it is :D
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

They're my favourite ones! Can't wait to play this one. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    maxxina wrote: »
    They said couple of times its not gonna happen . I dont know. No mean no .

I no longer follow these forums closely enough to know what has and has not been ruled out - but I don't see a down side. If the short versions remain, what do they lose by adding the old ones back?

Any notion of 'story' in the current STFs is rubbish. Story was tossed out when they cut them down to 15 minute summaries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looks awesome, can't wait! :)

When is this due out roughly? With the release of season 7, early November is it?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I no longer follow these forums closely enough to know what has and has not been ruled out - but I don't see a down side. If the short versions remain, what do they lose by adding the old ones back?

Any notion of 'story' in the current STFs is rubbish. Story was tossed out when they cut them down to 15 minute summaries.

Yeah, I miss the early ones too. They were harder to get together for but so much more satisfying. The new ones are good, but they lack the narrative elements.
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As long as you do not change the whole barter system which entirely depends on too much luck it will not change at all if it is new or old...

I know that the reputation system is going to change how things work, but I really hope the needed drop items for the assignments will not depend on luck again like the Tech items.
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Looks good :)

And very much looking forward to Season 7 launching.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    Oh its a ground mission only....... might do it once or twice.

I rarely do ground, like once every few months for the simple fact that it usually ends up as a gank fest.

Nice to see "Into The Hive" finally coming to fruition!
  • Options
    rreubenrreuben Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    After 1,000+ days in this game, I do miss the "retro" STF's my fleet was so good at them we could get all 3 done in about 4 hours, and those who know about the "retro" stfs that was no easy task. But I love the Idea if this STF and who knows the space part might come later as defeating the Queen has to set off a protocol to respond so I don't count out a future Space stf, it might be the hardest one yet. Im crossing my fingers wishing lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***IcarusElite.org***R'C, 1 of 3, Dr. Bellet(FED)-Pal'Kin, Lihop, Casya(KDF) LVL 50.***Jan '08 Account I EARNED my 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! LTS = Death to Vet. System: 10/10/12 Never Forget Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When they (Infected, The Cure, Khitomer Accord) were originally developed, they were one mission with space and ground portions. When they were remastered, space and ground versions were made. Into the Hive is about infiltrating the Unimatrix and confronting the Borg Queen -- we developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

ya, BUT...
    I'ts supposed to a small strike force right?
    So... How do they get there again? :rolleyes:
    Seemed like a great opprotuniy for a Shuttle STF was missed.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    Speaking of rem to nudge the team on gozers Children of Khan arc every so often please.

^^^ Most definitely a +1 to this!

I miss the originals as well. They actually offered a challenge on both space and ground fronts and this is gone for the most part with the butchered versions. Terra remains forgotten with Mk X drops at best and busted as well! It's such a shame to have missions so little played and just ignored by the Dev team when a few fixes and updated rewards would give players an interesting and challenging mission to do.

The whole Dev Blog sounds like a recap of Voyager Endgame! I'm not sure yet if this is a good or bad thing. If it didn't work once. Why will it work this time? Will Admiral Janeway be briefing us for this STF? Persoanlly, I can think of no one better to brief anyone on how to take the fight to the Borg.
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    at Brandon: maybe you guys can later do a space part as well like in Voyager Endgame, you have to use a shuttle (a new shuttle for cstore) that you have to steer through the unimatrix
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What do we win if they put in the old long versions back in.

I thing nothing i have done them in long and short version.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    leosg1leosg1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Star fleet being fighting the Borg for decades and still have not develop any better ground weapons that don't need re-modulation, come on!! is time to get us some superior equipment to fight the enemies that don't need re-modulation every 2 seconds.