Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issues

124»

Comments

• Options
    teren1teren1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    New bug: Minor one, though. My main character's equipment (shields, devices, weapon, armor, etc.) aren't showing up, but the rest of my crew's are...? Not sure why. Everything else works okay, thus far.
  • Options
    masterguidamasterguida Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am having some issues now. My characters items and biography are missing and my character is de leveled down to 47 from 50
  • Options
    donbodonbo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have been able to access via my ipad without any problems. Once I completed the authorization code the first time it has worked. It seems slow to load the award icons but that may be due to my internet connection.
  • Options
    trekpantstrekpants Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When viewing on the iPhone Safari browser, the security code pop-up appears and does not fully appear on screen, scrolling down by swiping only scrolls to the border of the page the pop up appeared on, so you can't see all of the pop-up to be able to enter the details it asks for and enter them. This renders the site unaccessable.

EDIT: Also, like this:

I also found that pinching makes no difference. Also, suggesting that we try it presumes we are slow minded. Just sayin'...

I had the same problem on my Android. Turns out, it's a scaling problem with your mobile browser.

To fix this, go to your browser's settings and look for a default zoom setting. Mine was set to medium, but I changed it to a smaller size and the popup scaled correctly.
  • Options
    s2iceos2iceo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    trekpants wrote: »
    I had the same problem on my Android. Turns out, it's a scaling problem with your mobile browser.

To fix this, go to your browser's settings and look for a default zoom setting. Mine was set to medium, but I changed it to a smaller size and the popup scaled correctly.

There is no setting like this for safari or chrome on the iPhone
  • Options
    vulpez#1373 vulpez Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Only one of my characters show... but it has the wrong ship (a ship i dont even own from the Cstore), its also made up a character and a ship...

is this a known bug?
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just went to try out Gateway for the first time but it says it's under maintenance, I'm guessing that's not a bug, so any ideas when it's back up?

Also three things I'd love to see on the gateway:
    Exchange
    Duty Officer Missions
    Fleet Chat
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    centurion47centurion47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Just went to try out Gateway for the first time but it says it's under maintenance, I'm guessing that's not a bug, so any ideas when it's back up?

Exchange
    Duty Officer Missions
    Fleet Chat

I also tried it, several times, and keep getting the "under maintenance" error message.
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    irwin109 wrote: »

Exchange
    Duty Officer Missions
    Fleet Chat

I have the same remark. Just installed the tribble server to see how much my main Fed character would have after the Season 7 installment, but I can only select the Klingon character. Instead, I have the opportunity to create a new Fed character O.o
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Interestingly enough it worked fine on my Lumia. Were you in mobile mode or desktop mode? Mine is in mobile mode.

-Forjo
    on WP7.5 mobile .. it just says "Accessing Player Files" and "please wait..."

with the "LCARS" flashing lights...

IE on Windows 8 still requires compatibility mode to be set and still hangs after logon, it is doing a successful password check though, as when I enter the wrong password it fails ...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    masterguidamasterguida Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is a really good idea! However it isnt updated! it still says im a Lower half Admiral while ive been a lv 50 Vice for some time now. It also doesnt have my characters items or the biographies. ITs out of date for somthing so new
  • Options
    flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Borderline bug, but:

Firefox 16.0.2
    Windows 7

On my Bridge Officers screen, the "loading" graphic (the rotating blue ring) does not disappear; it's instead covered up by the images of my bridge officers. This would be fine, except that one of my bridge officers has long enough legs that the graphic is still partly visible. She's ended up with, well, a pulsing blue light, uh, between her legs.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • Options
    summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I reported this in the other thread. They are not responding regarding it.

Ignoring Windows 8 perhaps? Using the excuse that it's not released?

Is anyone here running Windows 8 actually able to log in?

-Forjo

I run Windows 8 on my laptop, use Chrome, and it works fine for me.
  • Options
    wazzmeisterwazzmeister Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dont know if its the gateway causing it or not but i cant transfer characters from live to tribble anymore:rolleyes:
  • Options
    gordian76gordian76 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi, I couldn't login into STO Gateway. I posses Perfect World Account. I typed my login and password as for Perfect World but the system says that it is incorrect.
  • Options
    roach593zdroach593zd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey, I might have missed this. Gone onto the gateway site (which says beta) and have been trying to log in for the better part of 3 weeks. Every time I log in it tells me 'down for maintenance, logged out'

Is this because it's not up anymore, or is my iPhone not able to get onto it? I'm using iOs 6.0.1 on my iPhone 4S
  • Options
    roach593zdroach593zd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    . . . I also tried using my friends iPad, same message . . .
  • Options
    commanderajexcommanderajex Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Using Windows 8 Laptop IE Browser

Hangs in Logon

Mobile also hangs in Logon (HTC)
  • Options
    gabepuratekuta01gabepuratekuta01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been getting the maintenance message for the past 24 hours with the session time out message only twice. Firefox 16 on Windows XP
  • Options
    southrendsouthrend Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've never seen the Gateway. Since the launch I keep seeing this message:

Disconnected.

Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later.

I've been following this topic for some time now and I wonder if we can get any feedback on this.
  • Options
    cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The STO Gateway only works on Tribble test server accounts. If you don't have a characteron Tribble,you will see the maintinance error message.

Why they can't just update the error message to tell folks this escapes me.
  • Options
    southrendsouthrend Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've transfered three of my toons to tribble. So that's not the problem I'm having.
  • Options
    bester8473bester8473 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Windows 8 - RTM -IE10

Desktop Browser requires compatibility mode to be switched on to display the logon screen

then hangs at the logon screen indefinitely

Having same issue on both Dell Laptop running Win 8 64-bit, IE10 in compatibility mode (with gatewaytest as a Trusted Site w/ Low security) as well as on shiny new Surface RT also running browser in compatibility mode. Been searching forums for IE settings that work... especially settings for IE10!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    As we've updated the known issues and some information in the OP, please now use this thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511891) to continue posting about any bugs of technical difficulties with the Gateway. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.