Options

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issues

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
    Browser: Default Browser

I can't get past the one time authorization screen, the UI doesn't fit on my phone and you cannot scroll. Also the keyboard covers up the name part.

Two screenshots

http://i.imgur.com/lW7VE.png
    http://i.imgur.com/brSPl.png
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Some information is inaccurate:

On my Engineer, displaying Paratrinic Shield equipped. Last time I was on Tribble, I was testing the Assimilated Regenerative Shield, and did not remove it.
    All ships have base hull listed as 10,000.
    Klingon ships have something in Registry number, despite being unable to customize KDF registry numbers (and, indeed, not being able to see them at all).
    My KDF Tactical Officer's Personnel File shows no Ground equipment, despite him being fully equipped.
  • Options
    claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zorbane wrote: »

I can't get past the one time authorization screen, the UI doesn't fit on my phone and you cannot scroll. Also the keyboard covers up the name part.

Two screenshots

Pretty much seeing the same thing on my iPhone
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    you know as much I like LCARS maybe start with something simpler?

edit: i had trouble just using the forums with the build in iPhone Browser
  • Options
    tlospocktlospock Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mine just says that I have no active characters.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tested on multiple systems:

Desktop, Windows 7, Chrome Version 22 (stable): Runs fine. Not too surprising.

Desktop, OS X 10.8, Chrome Version 24 (dev): Runs fine. Again not surprising.

Desktop, OS X 10.8, Safari Version 6.0.1: Sam as Chrome. Ran fine.

iPad (1st Gen), Chrome: Laggy, several double taps required to access anything.

iPad (1st Gen), Safari: Faster than Chrome, still laggy. Perhaps attributed to the better JavaScript performance of the Nitro engine. Double tap required to access character.

iPad (1st Gen), Springboard Bookmark: Read as separate web browser. Required another code to access. Performance similar to Safari. Perhaps better, but not by much. Runs in full screen, so thats a bonus. Horrible app icon, make a better one.

iPad (1st Gen) Notes: I can attribute the bad performance to the 256MB of RAM in the iPad. However the app would benefit from not having to be run in a web browser (thereby not having to deal with the RAM overhead of running the browser in addition to rendering the content of the web app.)

iPhone 3GS, Chrome: Can not pass code screen, page does not scroll. Button not visible.

iPhone 3GS, Safari: Same issue.

iPhone 3GS, Springboard Bookmark: Didnt bother testing, assumed same issue would occur as with Chrome and Safari.

So... BranFlakes, remember when I called your web app junky? And then you asked me to use it before calling it junky. Congrats! You have a junky web app.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    edited October 2012
    tlospock wrote: »
    Mine just says that I have no active characters.

Did you transfer your characters to Tribble?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Tested on multiple systems:

Desktop, Windows 7, Chrome Version 22: Runs fine. Not too surprising.

Desktop, OS X 10.8, Chrome Version xx: Will post when tested.

Desktop, OS X 10.8, Safari Version xx: Will post when tested.

iPad (1st Gen), Chrome: Laggy, several double taps required to access anything.

iPad (1st Gen), Safari: Faster than Chrome, still laggy. Double tap required to access character.

iPad (1st Gen), Springboard Bookmark: Read as separate web browser. Required another code to access. Performance similar to Safari. Perhaps better, but not by much. Runs in full screen, so thats a bonus. Horrible app icon, make a better one.

iPad (1st Gen) Notes: I can attribute the bad performance to the 256MB of RAM in the iPad. However the app would benefit from not having to be run in a web browser (thereby not having to deal with the RAM overhead of running the browser in addition to rendering the content of the web app.)

iPhone 3GS, Chrome: Can not pass code screen, page does not scroll. Button not visible.

iPhone 3GS, Safari: Same issue.

So,\... BranFlakes, remember when I called your web app junky? And then you asked me to use it before calling it junky. Congrats! You have a junky web app.

^this

i'm not a programmer but how hard would it be to make an iPhone and Android app, what else is there really?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Some of the accolade images do not have transparent backgrounds. The ones for me are

Neural Nibble
    Mirror Mercenary
    Enemy of the Terran Empire
    Nemesis of the Terran Empire
    Scourge of the Terran Empire
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    cousteau1701ecousteau1701e Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Try again :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    claransa wrote: »
    Not at all surprised to find "Too many attempts: please try again later" this is going to be one of the most popular additions to STO especially when we can do DOFF missions with it :D

Edit: I for one will be testing it with an iPhone 3GS

******** I will be editting this post with a running feedback of my efforts to use the gateway with an iPhone 3GS ********

Okay I can access it now, but the front screen does not scroll on an iPhone 3GS (latest OS). It cuts off at "Unselect this if you are using a" and attempting to scroll causes a grey back ground to rise causing more text to cut off but goes away if you release.

One time code added hit the "GO" button on the iPhone and... nothing. Not able to scroll to see if there is a button i can click on the website. and while typing this "Gateway is Under Maintenance"

(if I'm being a pest please let me know, i really really want this to work)

Still no joy, same problem as above

The problem seems to be that i'm only scrolling the background and not the pop-up window. When I view it in landscape mode I can see a bit more but i cannot get past the "browser name" field.

I've started using alternative browsers, Opera Mini for the iPhone, its working better but i get disconnected

Progress with the build in browser of the iPhone 3GS i can enter my one time code but it results in a blank popup.
    I am experiencing this issue as well. I am using an iPhone 4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The perspective used to generate the profile pictures really distort how the faces look.

Check out my Andorian Boff: http://i.imgur.com/V6JZd.png

Either I punched her in the face or she got dropped while she was a child
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    well i'm done for the night, I need to be grinding dilithium.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Is there a way to disable the verification?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Accessed on Samsung galaxy s3. Was able to log in and select a character. Unable to select any other options after that. Was using Opera Mini. While in landscape mode everything fits screen that was displayed. Portrait mode cuts the right half off.

After testing on default browser:

Cannot do account verification in landscape mode. Will not let me scroll down past naming browser. Turning to portrait gives full display of account verification. Was able to select character and options after that in portrait mode. Keep getting disconnected with server is down message.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    masterguidamasterguida Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When i bring up the page for the login screen, the login and password boxes appear then dissapear, leaving me with a blank, black blox ont he gateway screen. Ive noticed for the past few days that on many sites, things would appear then dissapear like embedded videos and chat boxes. What could be the cause of this?
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am experiencing this issue as well. I am using an iPhone 4.
    iPhone users aren't alone. Can't access using my HTC Incredible using Android v2.2's standard browser. An older phone to be sure, but the browser should be current-generation. I can log in and authenticate with the Account Guard, but I can't directly click on the Login button because the Account Guard page won't let me scroll once I enter my Browser Name; when I click the return button on my device's on-screen keyboard (hit the Enter key) after entering my Browser Name in teh Account Guard page (in hopes of submitting the info I've just entered into the fields), it gives me the "Cannot POST /" error when I reach http://gatewaytest.startrekonline.com/#/characterselect. All testing done in portrait orientation.

Edit: Testing in Landscape, I can authenticate and get past the Account Guard, and can *barely* click the Login button on the Account Guard page. This allows proper login. However:

I got to my character select and selected my captain (no portrait was displayed), selected Ship Systems, and got a black screen; after that it gave me the maintenance message and booted me, had to use the Back button to get back to the login. <- I can replicated this 100% of the time.

I was able to bring up Accolades, and viewed an accolade, but when I used the Back arrow on the web page, I again got kicked.

Edit: There also needs to be a "remember account" cookie; I have a complicated password, and typing it in *every* time I visit the sight will be frustrating. At least save it on my mobile device or computer for 30 days or so.

Guess I'm glad this is still tied to Tribble; it's currently very buggy and drops my session (especially on my Android mobile phone) at the drop of a hat. McKayla is not impressed :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there a way to disable the verification?
    You have to do that in your STO account settings; can't remember where exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is there a reason for all the new codes I'm being sent each time I'm booted out and try to log back in to this?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I tried to log into Gateway with my iPhone 4S with iOS 6. My account has Cryptic Account Guard turned on. I could not log in since I could not scroll down to select Login or Save Browser from the pop up.

STR
    1) Enable Cryptic Account Guard on test account
    2) Go to test URL to log in with account
    3) Notice pop up appears but user cannot scroll to bottom of pop up.

Tested on iOS 6 iPhone 4S, Blackberry Bold 9790 on BB OS7.0, Motorola Droid RAZR on Android 4.0.4 OS.

Yes- I work in mobile and I handle QA and Product Management for a reason.
  • Options
    s2iceos2iceo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    claransa wrote: »
    I'm going to start using alternative browsers, i have opera mini installed as well

I can't get my iPhone 5 past the browser acceptance. I enter my code and my browser name, but can't scroll to confirm or use the "Go" button to confirm.
  • Options
    highlander1979highlander1979 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    s2iceo wrote: »
    I can't get my iPhone 5 past the browser acceptance. I enter my code and my browser name, but can't scroll to confirm or use the "Go" button to confirm.

Exact same issue on iPhone 5.
    RADM Highlander
    Fleet Commanding Officer, Starfleet MACO
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Windows 8 - RTM -IE10

Desktop Browser requires compatibility mode to be switched on to display the logon screen

then hangs at the logon screen indefinitely
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I keep getting "Invalid username or password."

I have, of course, confirmed that the username / password are what I use to log into all PWE and Cryptic locations... It works everywhere but on the Gateway site.

I've tried on the following:

- Windows 7 Home Premium
    -- Internet Explorer 9
    -- Chrome (up to date)
    -- Firefox (up to date)

- Android 4.0

All 4 methods gave me the same result.

• Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Two screenshots

I have the same issue with Blackberry OS 6.0.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    grzes303grzes303 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    -ship equipment icons looks fine but bridge officers equipment icons looks like common items (white)
    -missing equipment in captain profile (mentioned before)
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, no problems getting in on my laptop with Firefox.

While it is getting laggy when you access different Boffs, it works.

What doesn't exactly work is the character profile: (as already mentioned in this thread,) no items (any gear, items themselves) show on the captain.

Then there are some graphical glitches:
    The Harg'peng seemingly doesn't have a pic associated with it.
    And some of the accolades have a blurry image (more than half of damage ones and some more).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    butter1484butter1484 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It told me I had to confirm a new browser which was weird because I already have confirmed Firefox on my computer which is what I was using. While waiting for the verification email, it said gateway was closed for maintenance but reloading the page went right back to the login screen and I could log in and verify the browser then continue on to the gateway. Upon logging out, that message came up again.
    Scan this QR code to go to the website of Klingon Legacy [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tysonesenweintysonesenwein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    10/19/12 22:00-ish PDT

Works fine on PC in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and just for giggles, IE.

Unable to progress beyond AccountGuard on mobile device (Samsung SGH-i927 running Android 4.0 with the flash-disabled browser).

10/20/12 08:00 PDT

Still works on PC: Oooh, the interface has changed a little!
    Still does not advance past AccountGuard on mobile. Tried it on Firefox for Android, same results. Wife would not let me try it on her iPhone. Maybe later.

All I can think is that this would be an awesome offline (and by that I mean out-of-game) interface for stuff like doff assignments. I have lamented the loss of web access to in-game email since the Cryptic merged with PerfectWorld (or was it Atari? I can't quite recall anymore). If the Cryptic team pays attention to such things, they'll note that I may only get the opportunity to play the game once every couple weeks, due to factors such as work schedules and family obligations, but I did try to keep up to date with emails from Fleet and friends.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Asides from the continuued mobile device issues, I noticed when loggin in to it on my desktop that Ultra Rare icons don't have their coloured borders, I suspect this could be the same for unique items.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Asides from the continuued mobile device issues, I noticed when loggin in to it on my desktop that Ultra Rare icons don't have their coloured borders, I suspect this could be the same for unique items.

It's definitely true of the Advanced Fleet weapons.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
This discussion has been closed.