test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issues

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
This is the Star Trek Online Gateway bugs and technical issues thread! Please post any bugs, error messages, or compatibility issues here!

What is the Star Trek Online Gateway?

Star Trek Online Gateway is a web application which lets you look at your captains, ships, bridge officers, and other data from STO. Eventually, you will be able to interact with Star Trek Online through Gateway without logging in to the full 3D client.

The purpose of Gateway is to let players into Star Trek Online without needing to start up the full client.

Visit http://gatewaytest.startrekonline.com to access the STO Gateway.

Please note that as this is a beta release, character information and data will be pulled from your Tribble account. To sign up for the Tribble Test Server and transfer a character to it, visit this page.

Feedback

Star Trek Online Gateway is in early Beta, and we look forward to hearing what you think about it. Let us know what you're thinking by posting to this forum thread.

If you have technical issues or experience any bugs such as problems using Gateway with your web browser or device, please let us know by commenting below in this forum thread. Please let us know what operating system and browser (including version numbers) you are using. If you are using a mobile device, let us know which one.

Also, take a glance at the Known Issues below for a list of things we already know about.

Browser Requirements

• Gateway is tailored to work on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices supporting HTML5.
  • Gateway has been verified to operate on recent versions of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. It may work on earlier versions of these browsers. It does not work on Internet Explorer 8 or earlier.
  • Gateway requires the use of cookies.
  • Gateway requires the use of Javascript.

Login Issues

You must log in to a Perfect World account to use Gateway. If you don't have one, you will have to create one first. If you have a Cryptic account, but not a Perfect World account, you will need to create a Perfect World account and link it to your Cryptic account before using Gateway.

Click here to create a new account or link an existing account.

Click here for more information on account linking.

Cookie Usage

• A cookie is used to keep track of your session while you using Gateway. This is a "session cookie" and is not kept after you leave the page.
  • A second, persistent cookie is also used by Account Guard to determine if the particular browser install is authorized for use with your account. This cookie contains no account information.

Known Issues

• Gateway does not work on Internet Explorer 8 or earlier.
  • Character changes that occur in the client are not immediately updated on the web. You must log out and back in to see the changes.
  • Pictures of bridge officers do not show the officer in their chosen stance.
  • Pictures of ships do not show additions or changes that come from equipment (e.g. Borg equipment, etc.)
  • Though Gateway uses the language preferred by your browser, there is some text that is not yet translated. Gateway supports the same languages Star Trek Online does: English, German, and French.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just tested this, and was amazed!!!!

Granted it was for my toon on tribble, but hey, you got to start somewhere.

One thing, need a central location for the URL for Gateway. I picked it up from a posting and now got completely turned around and can't find it again.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I just tested this, and was amazed!!!!

Granted it was for my toon on tribble, but hey, you got to start somewhere.

One thing, need a central location for the URL for Gateway. I picked it up from a posting and now got completely turned around and can't find it again.

I don't think we were meant to see it yet...whoops!

So, I saw this briefly, obviously it's pulled for now but looked fantastic. Seriously impressive for an Alpha. Worked beautifully in Safari on my Mac, but in Mobile Safari for my iOS Devices the login windows suffered the same issues as the forum login windows do, they keep dissapearing off the page so they can't have the one time code put in. Hope that makes sense?
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We'll re-post the link once Tribble is back up and people can access it.

When Tribble is down, Gateway is down. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Logical enough :-) hope the info on iOS browsers is taken on. Totally unable to use on an iPhone (though the 5 might...bigger screen and all)
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sorry all... :o

Guess i was little too anxious to try.

But, for what its worth, it was really nice to look at... kudos!!! :D
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The Account Guard link broke, too. Why is it in HTML when BBCode is easier? XD
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    First login attempt:
    "Too many attempts; please try again later."

Well, that's it for me I guess...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012

One of the hats I where at work is software tester... so I tried to log in while tribble is down to see that it errors properly. It says "Too many attempts; please try again later" rather than Tribble is down or server is in maintenance mode.
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I also got hit with the too many attempts on my laptop, my phone just gave me your session has timed out.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    First attempt: "Too Many Attempts, Please Try Again Later."
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Working as intended.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Too many attempts on my first attempt to log in.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    deathomightdeathomight Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    First login attempt:
    "Too many attempts; please try again later."

Well, that's it for me I guess...
    Same problem
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Rephic posted in another thread that they were working on it, but they removed the thread. Sort of weird...
  • Options
    claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not at all surprised to find "Too many attempts: please try again later" this is going to be one of the most popular additions to STO especially when we can do DOFF missions with it :D

Edit: I for one will be testing it with an iPhone 3GS

******** I will be editting this post with a running feedback of my efforts to use the gateway with an iPhone 3GS ********

Okay I can access it now, but the front screen does not scroll on an iPhone 3GS (latest OS). It cuts off at "Unselect this if you are using a" and attempting to scroll causes a grey back ground to rise causing more text to cut off but goes away if you release.

One time code added hit the "GO" button on the iPhone and... nothing. Not able to scroll to see if there is a button i can click on the website. and while typing this "Gateway is Under Maintenance"

(if I'm being a pest please let me know, i really really want this to work)
    Try again :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Still no joy, same problem as above

The problem seems to be that i'm only scrolling the background and not the pop-up window. When I view it in landscape mode I can see a bit more but i cannot get past the "browser name" field.

I've started using alternative browsers, Opera Mini for the iPhone, its working better but i get disconnected

Progress with the build in browser of the iPhone 3GS i can enter my one time code but it results in a blank popup.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You do not have any active characters at this time. Please log in to Star Trek Online to create one.

So... I guess I have to log in first? Is this like that thing where we couldn't access Zen offers even with a lifetime account because the new feature didn't count things that happened before it existed?
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I got in once, then (when I logged out to change characters) I got the dame error.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    So... I guess I have to log in first? Is this like that thing where we couldn't access Zen offers even with a lifetime account because the new feature didn't count things that happened before it existed?

You have to have characters on Tribble :) Check out the OP of this thread again for information on how to transfer a character from Holodeck to Tribble.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    so far, stability of a connection on my windows phone has been poor, I keep disconnecting

And now its the return of too many attempts on the laptop
  • Options
    streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Works for me.

I did notice that not all of my bridge officers on my main toon were listed though. The hologram and the android were missing.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Too many attempts; please try again later.
    On my first try.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yep... same. "too many attempts" on my first try.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    You do understand if we get this thing working my productivity at work is gonna suck :P
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just logged in. Showing that my last log in was 104 days ago. Pulling a very old ship build as well.

Would it be possible for the accolade page, when clicking a specific accolade, to show the date achieved?

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    cosmoscolacosmoscola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I tried to access the Gateway, but it just kept loading, loading and loading, so I finally refreshed the page, and tryed again. But now it says: "To many attempts, please try again later"
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    claransa wrote: »
    Not at all surprised to find "Too many attempts: please try again later" this is going to be one of the most popular additions to STO especially when we can do DOFF missions with it :D

Edit: I for one will be testing it with an iPhone 3GS

Okay I can access it now, but the front screen does not scroll on an iPhone 3GS (latest OS). It cuts off at "Unselect this if you are using a" and attempting to scroll causes a grey back ground to rise causing more text to cut off but goes away if you release.

One time code added hit the "GO" button on the iPhone and... nothing. Not able to scroll to see if there is a button i can click on the website. and while typing this "Gateway is Under Maintenance"

(if I'm being a pest please let me know, i really really want this to work)

Still no joy, same problem as above

The problem seems to be that i'm only scrolling the background and not the pop-up window. When I view it in landscape mode I can see a bit more but i cannot get past the "browser name" field.

I can confirm the same problem on my 4S - it seems they can't have tested it on an iOS device yet, though I'm sure you're aware this is similar behaviour to forum login screens. It's...irritating on such a huge mobile browser. I have a theory for a work around but can't do anything until the errors are fixed :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I can confirm the same problem on my 4S - it seems they can't have tested it on an iOS device yet, though I'm sure you're aware this is similar behaviour to forum login screens. It's...irritating on such a huge mobile browser. I have a theory for a work around but can't do anything until the errors are fixed :)

I'm going to start using alternative browsers, i have opera mini installed as well
  • Options
    azstartrekazstartrek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Worked great! Very cool and I am looking forward to being able to interact with the game through this. :-)
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    10 Minutes and still attampting to log in! I will continue to try, must be getting flooded!
    320x240.jpg
This discussion has been closed.