What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issues

Comments

• Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What is Definitely true about the Advanced Fleet wepons. I see nothing about them?
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    The Web team is working to resolve the issue with some mobile browsers not being able to scroll down on the Account Guard screen once you log in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Web team is working to resolve the issue with some mobile browsers not being able to scroll down on the Account Guard screen once you log in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can they look at the forum login window at the same time? I imagine its a shared CSS issue.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Can they look at the forum login window at the same time? I imagine its a shared CSS issue.

It's not shared in anyway, no. That's a separate issue and the forums are not officially supported by mobile browsers at this time. If you're having issues logging into the forums because of the pop-up login box, instead, hit any "reply" or "new thread" button and that will take you to a static login page.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's not shared in anyway, no. That's a separate issue and the forums are not officially supported by mobile browsers at this time. If you're having issues logging into the forums because of the pop-up login box, instead, hit any "reply" or "new thread" button and that will take you to a static login page.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Oh I know (and use) the work around. Was just hoping it would kill two birds with one stone ;-)

Cheers
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
    Browser: Default Browser

I can't get past the one time authorization screen, the UI doesn't fit on my phone and you cannot scroll. Also the keyboard covers up the name part.

Two screenshots

http://i.imgur.com/lW7VE.png
    http://i.imgur.com/brSPl.png

I was able to work around this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S by using pinch to zoom out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i cant get on it,i am stuck on loading caracter (accesing secure personel files please wait...),and i am stuck at that screen,i tryed multiple browsers and even from smartphone and it is the same,i have tribble accaunt and caracter on it whic i use for testing...little help:(
  • Options
    forjoatinxanforjoatinxan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Windows 8 - RTM -IE10

Desktop Browser requires compatibility mode to be switched on to display the logon screen

then hangs at the logon screen indefinitely

I reported this in the other thread. They are not responding regarding it.

Ignoring Windows 8 perhaps? Using the excuse that it's not released?

Is anyone here running Windows 8 actually able to log in?

-Forjo
    My oldest post (that I can find)
    Former Cryptic User #11424
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wise Word of Wisdom:

Nice
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've tried logging in on my computer (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, no service packs) and on my B&N Nook Tablet. Both give me "Gateway is currently undergoing maintance, please try later" when I try to login. I've tried loggin in with gibberish once and it told me my login info was incorrect, so I know I'm putting in the correct login info the rest of the time. Not sure if this is a bug or if it really is down for maintenance all the time.
    edited October 2012

Edit: Testing in Landscape, I can authenticate and get past the Account Guard, and can *barely* click the Login button on the Account Guard page. This allows proper login. However:

This technique finally got my iPhone 3GS, iOS6 logged into the gateway and now that my device is authorized no more problem.

So first big bug the scrolling issue, everything seems to work fine after that.
  • Options
    s2iceos2iceo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    claransa wrote: »
    This technique finally got my iPhone 3GS, iOS6 logged into the gateway and now that my device is authorized no more problem.

So first big bug the scrolling issue, everything seems to work fine after that.

I'd like to know how you pulled that off on a 3GS since I can't on my iPhone 5 unless you don't have the security guard enabled.
  • Options
    trickyydickyytrickyydickyy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    for the last two days i have tried to login, im using an iphone 4s and and ipad both installed with ios5 and not 6 as i refuse to upgrade.

still getting the same error about gateway and down for maintenance.....
  • Options
    vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been trying to sign in to it as well for the past few days only to be stopped by this: Disconnected.
    Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later.
  • Options
    potuyitpotuyit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey, I logged in to STO Gateway and it said I had no active characters. Does it not work on the Holodeck server? Do I need to copy my character to Tribble?
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    potuyit wrote: »
    Hey, I logged in to STO Gateway and it said I had no active characters. Does it not work on the Holodeck server? Do I need to copy my character to Tribble?

Yes. This Gateway site (http://gatewaytest.startrekonline.com/) is only for the TRIBBLE test shard. You need characters on TRIBBLE to test it.
    I've been trying to sign in to it as well for the past few days only to be stopped by this: Disconnected.
    Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later.

I've noticed on my mobile devices that I get this as a generic error for anything if I use the device or browser's buttons to navigate back and forth instead of the buttons included in the UI of the app itself. Gateway is not actually down.

Also RE: Scrolling bug issues on mobile devices. On devices that support multitouch, have you tried using pinch to zoom out? I was able to do that to work around not being able to scroll down on my Samsung Galaxy S.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    teren1teren1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just tried logging in and got the "Disconnected. Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later." response from a desktop at my place of work (duty days...nothing to do but wait to stand a watch!).
  • Options
    s2iceos2iceo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Also RE: Scrolling bug issues on mobile devices. On devices that support multitouch, have you tried using pinch to zoom out? I was able to do that to work around not being able to scroll down on my Samsung Galaxy S.

Pinching on my iPhone 5 doesn't do anything for zooming on the site. I did try that. I tried through both Chrome and Safari on my device.
  • Options
    irishhawkdrakeirishhawkdrake Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It told me I didnt have any characters!!
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeha i'm getting near cnstant "Undergoing maintinance messages" for like 2 days now.
  • Options
    trickyydickyytrickyydickyy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    AHA!!!
    So what your saying is its for the tribble server only. And being a silver account (although I buy loads of stuff) gives me no access to tribble and thus that'll be why I can't get on...

Where does it say tribble in the blurb? I wouldn't have tried then if I had a known......
  • Options
    sichankasichanka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

I'm unable to log into the gateway through Google Chrome on Win7 home pro 64x as well as Safari on my apple phone.
    I get messages such as "invalid username/password" and similar.
    I believe you can log in using your perfect world account (the same one I used to log into this forum in order to reply - so it clearly works).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Danny
  • Options
    trekpantstrekpants Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sichanka wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm unable to log into the gateway through Google Chrome on Win7 home pro 64x as well as Safari on my apple phone.
    I get messages such as "invalid username/password" and similar.
    I believe you can log in using your perfect world account (the same one I used to log into this forum in order to reply - so it clearly works).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Danny

Do you have an account on the Tribble test server? If not, that could be why you're getting that message.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Visited the site last night on my Nexus 7 tablet. The gateway knocked me off while I was retrieving the Account Guard digits (as it did on my Win7 laptop and Android 2.2 device), but after I got past the Account Guard, the page worked without error, as far as I can remember. So that's two devices that work, and one Android 2.2 phone that has issues :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    AHA!!!
    So what your saying is its for the tribble server only. And being a silver account (although I buy loads of stuff) gives me no access to tribble and thus that'll be why I can't get on...

Where does it say tribble in the blurb? I wouldn't have tried then if I had a known......
    I'm not sure if it actually says that or not. Initially, I thought they were testing against Holodeck also; however, from a testing standpoint, it does make more sense to bounce it off the test server, in case the service causes unanticipated problems, high server load, etc. I think the blurb announce it was "available to the public" was a bit misleading, personally, as obviously not everyone who plays STO has used Tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    spencereldenspencerelden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When viewing on the iPhone Safari browser, the security code pop-up appears and does not fully appear on screen, scrolling down by swiping only scrolls to the border of the page the pop up appeared on, so you can't see all of the pop-up to be able to enter the details it asks for and enter them. This renders the site unaccessable.

EDIT: Also, like this:
    s2iceo wrote: »
    Pinching on my iPhone 5 doesn't do anything for zooming on the site. I did try that. I tried through both Chrome and Safari on my device.
    I also found that pinching makes no difference. Also, suggesting that we try it presumes we are slow minded. Just sayin'...
  • Options
    jkbondjkbond Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Same problem with Chrome and Safari on iOS 6 with an iPhone 5. I can't scroll down to hit submit and pinch to zoom out does not work.
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I reported this in the other thread. They are not responding regarding it.

Ignoring Windows 8 perhaps? Using the excuse that it's not released?

Is anyone here running Windows 8 actually able to log in?

-Forjo

Well it has RTM'd for a little while... but as of Friday they wont have that excuse, I suspect it is prioritisation. That said I have now tried this on 3 separate Windows 8 PC's all running the code that is coming out on Friday and all exhibit the same behaviour...

I also get the same behaviour on Phone 7... It works fine if I fire up a VM with Windows7 and IE9...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    forjoatinxanforjoatinxan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well it has RTM'd for a little while... but as of Friday they wont have that excuse, I suspect it is prioritisation. That said I have now tried this on 3 separate Windows 8 PC's all running the code that is coming out on Friday and all exhibit the same behaviour...

I also get the same behaviour on Phone 7... It works fine if I fire up a VM with Windows7 and IE9...

Interestingly enough it worked fine on my Lumia. Were you in mobile mode or desktop mode? Mine is in mobile mode.

-Forjo
    My oldest post (that I can find)
    Former Cryptic User #11424
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
  • Options
    sonofmccoysonofmccoy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Another one here with the issue - can't scroll down far enough on the verification screen on a Galaxy S2. It only scrolls whatever is BEHIND that, and can't zoom out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.