What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (August 30, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    redhawk44redhawk44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still waiting on a patch that will do something about these frickin' random game crashes...
    Jim
  • Options
    awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    redhawk44 wrote: »
    Still waiting on a patch that will do something about these frickin' random game crashes...
    Perhaps they're not random at all. Perhaps they're related to your specific PC hardware & software configuration. I don't get random crashes. I don't get crashes at all.
  • Options
    paulda73paulda73 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    According to the Timezone list supplied the Server should have been active at 3pm GMT it is now 4:26pm GMT and its still not active.

Talk about running behind schedule.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I live in their TZ. You have about another 30 minutes to wait.
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, most likely paulda73 is not calculating for DST.

Shutdown was at 10:00AM EST.
    That means startup will be (if 2hr suggestion is correct), 12:00PM, which is in 26 minutes.
  • Options
    resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As a serious gamer I always go for the end game content. it is unfrtunate that in Sto unless you do exclusivly stf....there realy is not that much to do. Now that im in all mx2 borg gear on 3 toons ..whats next? How about instead of fixing trivial stuff you guys add more content,before people like me get bord and move on to other games.
  • Options
    delgrantdelgrant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    paulda73 wrote: »
    According to the Timezone list supplied the Server should have been active at 3pm GMT it is now 4:26pm GMT and its still not active.

Talk about running behind schedule.

The UK is currently using British Summer Time (BST), which is an hour ahead of GMT. In UK time, the maint. is due to finish at 5pm.
    - Redneck Academy - / Legio XVI 'CARDASSIA'

All generalizations are false, including this one.
    - Mark Twain
  • Options
    redhawk44redhawk44 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    Perhaps they're not random at all. Perhaps they're related to your specific PC hardware & software configuration. I don't get random crashes. I don't get crashes at all.

Maybe but, I'm not the only one with this problem...
    Here are my specs..
    EVGA 790i FTW DIgital;Q9650 @ 3.65GHz;ZALMAN CNPS 10X EXTREME;
    2x 600gig WD VelociRaptor Raid 0; 4Gigs Patroit Viper Series PVS34G1600LLK ;
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Maximum Graphics Edition Crysis 2 SLI; EVGA G-FORCE GT 430SC for PhysX;
    FATAL1TY SOUND CARD; ANTEC HCP-1200 P/S;WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 bit; ANTEC 1200 CASE
    Jim
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Resistance9: You've gotten every accolade and performed every mission? Started/Joined a fleet and helped others achieve your level of obvious greatness? Those are some good continuing goals. :)

Also, could you not use that term for your characters/avatars?
    This is STO, not Disney Toontown.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    it is unfrtunate that in Sto unless you do exclusivly stf....there realy is not that much to do.
    I guess that you don't consider all the new end-game Fleet content "much to do", despite it doubling the number of end-game team PvE missions that are available.
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    so?.....is the sever back up yet? or no..
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    sigil93sigil93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    milestfox wrote: »
    Resistance9: You've gotten every accolade and performed every mission? Started/Joined a fleet and helped others achieve your level of obvious greatness? Those are some good continuing goals. :)

Also, could you not use that term for your characters/avatars?
    This is STO, not Disney Toontown.

I agree with your first points. As for Toons it's a common colloquialism in every MMO. I use it all the time so do all the people I know. It's easy to spell and its quite endearing. Get over it Toon police.
  • Options
    cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just one question still remains.. will they ever fix the tailors?

Off-Duty and Omega (MACO, too?) outfits still default back to uniform and stereotype head and body design to go with when you click "modify". This annoys the hell out of me, since you need a lot of luck for it not to change your whole character appearance in the first place and you have to redo all of the outfit from scratch afterwards just to modify one small piece. It's a modify button, not a "delete and start over" button, ffs.
    Renaming outfits is still bugged, too. Annoys me greatly.

As does not being able to put fleet emblems on an Armitage or related ship - just the Akira class holds that option. Why not just give all ships that option?

Just to throw in a wild suggestion, too:
    Having the fleet starbase as a ground map, along with space around it as a space map, would be really REALLY awesome from a foundry point of view.
    As would be having a ship interior or even own bridge design for the Armitage class. It's supposed to have a hangar deck. And a bridge design suited for figther coordination and larger scale combat. Even the ships you buy with ingame money instead of real money get that much attention. Freighters, Tholian ships, whatnot.. Why not outfit a ship you buy with real money?
    pTTNy7x.png
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All Duty Officers obtained from the Fleet Exchange can once more be contributed to Fleet Projects.

This change is retroactive, and will allow all existing versions of these items to be contributed, as well as any obtained in the future.

1 step forward

Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.

New rewards are as follows:
    White: 1
    Green: 10
    Blue: 25
    Purple: 50

5 steps back

PS: dismissed all my white and green yestrday... NERF AWAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thextremev3thextremev3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aw come on me want to pew pew !
  • Options
    thunderousfirethunderousfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    saw the server go up then back down a while ago, finishing touches or is there a new time for the update yet?
  • Options
    baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aw come on me want to pew pew !

Yea, what he said! :D
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    I guess that you don't consider all the new end-game Fleet content "much to do", despite it doubling the number of end-game team PvE missions that are available.

Link: My Reply In Another Thread
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sigil93: Interesting to know that you've played every single MMO.

I remember when it started to show up on WOW.
    When a bunch of disney toontown players switched games.

That said, I will stifle on the topic, and await cryptic updating the game so that you buy 'toon slots' instead of 'character slots', as you wish.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Heh. I didn't say it was good content. But it is new content. For what little it's worth.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cwinters79 wrote: »
    Just one question still remains.. will they ever fix the tailors?

Off-Duty and Omega (MACO, too?) outfits still default back to uniform and stereotype head and body design to go with when you click "modify". This annoys the hell out of me, since you need a lot of luck for it not to change your whole character appearance in the first place and you have to redo all of the outfit from scratch afterwards just to modify one small piece. It's a modify button, not a "delete and start over" button, ffs.
    Renaming outfits is still bugged, too. Annoys me greatly.

As does not being able to put fleet emblems on an Armitage or related ship - just the Akira class holds that option. Why not just give all ships that option?

Just to throw in a wild suggestion, too:
    Having the fleet starbase as a ground map, along with space around it as a space map, would be really REALLY awesome from a foundry point of view.
    As would be having a ship interior or even own bridge design for the Armitage class. It's supposed to have a hangar deck. And a bridge design suited for figther coordination and larger scale combat. Even the ships you buy with ingame money instead of real money get that much attention. Freighters, Tholian ships, whatnot.. Why not outfit a ship you buy with real money?

I save the costume then next time select the drop down and load that costume... I think that is how I get around it if I want to make a small alteration to the Maco/Omega uniforms. Yeh, the naming of costumes is annoying especially when you have 3 or more that just show your name and you don't know what the heck they are without selecting them all.
  • Options
    volk74volk74 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    linyive wrote: »

Are you fairly new to sto and games in general? After reading that i really have to assume you are.

Every game is a grind in someway or another, if you dont care for the equiptment then i would doubt you care for it in most other games. About everything you listed is an issue in one form or another on almost every game.
  • Options
    gaerryngaerryn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its already 8 minutes past the hour and i want to plaaaaaaaaaaay, getting first signs of withdrawl sympthoms here.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gaerryn wrote: »
    Its already 8 minutes past the hour and i want to plaaaaaaaaaaay, getting first signs of withdrawl sympthoms here.

Were you not around when it went down for hours at a time - unexpectedly? Sometimes more than 8? what would you do?
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    11 mins past two hours still down :(
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    volk74 wrote: »
    Are you fairly new to sto and games in general? After reading that i really have to assume you are.
    His points are valid. The endgame content in STO really is a pointless, mindless grindfest. And I think it's intentional. They want players to grow quickly bored, so they'll pay for new toon slots so they can start the whole level-up process again (and again), and then buy yet more TRIBBLE from the c-store for their new toons.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stop complaining! Do you know "Valve Time"? A few minutes won't kill you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Indeed, he did say it was EXPECTED to take 2 hours.

It could take double that, or half that, and still be considered reasonable.
  • Options
    thunderousfirethunderousfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stop complaining! Do you know "Valve Time"? A few minutes won't kill you...

Yes. If its going to take longer than you expect, taking 15 seconds to say "ya, minor/major issues, will be longer yet, updates later" can definitely help with some nasty anxiety for some people

is it 5 more minutes or should I boot up SINS? Whats going on D:
  • Options
    gaerryngaerryn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Depends how long hours is, can always play some EVE, Anarchy online. Skyrim or GTA 4. Point is, with EVE im used to very short maintenance which is usually done before scheduled time. i was there with the early days of WOW too when on patch days it was more like patch week though
This discussion has been closed.