test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 30, 2012)

Comments

• seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    uh guys! the red maintenance bar is gone but game is still down if time is extended, you might want to let everyone know. thanks
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    His points are valid. The endgame content in STO really is a pointless, mindless grindfest.

The sad thing is when STF's were introduced... there was much more "story" to them... that all went away with the Mini-STF's that we have today.

To be honest, when I want content, or a trekkie feel... I turn to the foundry authors. There are some really talented people writing missions... in a lot of ways they saved the game for me.

That being said... with the introduction of a new enemy (Tholians), really should have been accompanied by a background FE series... then leave Nukara as a repeatable resource grind that it is.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Red Bar is still up over here in Oregon and we are on the same coast as Cryptic studios
  • jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Comments resulting from downtime maintenance taking longer than expected = one of my favorite things about MMO forums.

Just to say Star Trek is the most classy of the SciFi genres, our stuff here isn't *nearly* as nasty and mean as I've seen on game boards, like EVE for example...

But yes...I too am waiting.
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is any1 else still seeing the red Status Bar on their screens. Or is it just me?
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    But, at least we get a tholian lockbox with every stf drop. I just can't get enough of those. :rolleyes:

You just need a Tholian-Lockbox-Launcher to throw those back at the Borg...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    milestfox wrote: »
    Indeed, he did say it was EXPECTED to take 2 hours.

It could take double that, or half that, and still be considered reasonable.

WoW still has issues with every patch practically. The maintenance usually lasts six hours when all isn't fubar.
    Two hours give or take for maintenance is a hell of a lot better.
    Also, I played this game when it was crashing so much we nicknamed it "star trek offline".
    Hmm, mainenance scheduled or unscheduled crashes lasting 8+ hours?
    I'd rather the maintenance.
    And all things considered, this game being f2p and adjusting as quickly as it did to the surge of new players is amazing.
    Keep up the good work, cryptic.
    Thanks for the update, branflakes.
  • resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As to the story line missions...whats the point gear i dnt need ... skill points i dnt need...why bother.....as to fleet ques sure i do em...play the event donate to the base... help fleet mate..sure all the time ..there nothing else to do......set up doff missions OK there is 10 mins of flying around to put a doff on a 20 hour project....but really boil it down ...there is not a lot of high end game content perhaps this will change in season 7 and 8.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Red Bar is still up over here in Oregon and we are on the same coast as Cryptic studios

i believe they mean the red bar saying about the shard being down for maintenance for 2 hours, the server offline is still there
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To be honest, when I want content, or a trekkie feel... I turn to the foundry authors. There are some really talented people writing missions... in a lot of ways they saved the game for me.
    Well said. Some of the Foundry missions are better than the 'pro' content. Certainly better than anything that's been added officially since the game went f2p.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    these updates give me time to read and interact in the forum.. and I seem to learn something each time, so it is beneficial for me
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • sharrashimadasharrashimada Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bringing down the servers for maintenence and applying a new patch takes time.
    Bringing the servers back online and realizing they have forgotten to patch takes even more time.
    Someone panics and ist shutting the servers down again. <- guess? moooore time.

Take a cookie. It will take even more time, because whole cryptic is running arround like headless chicken, searching for the usb-stick with the patch code.
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    general server stability improvements??? great non stop game crashes for me then, as it always is when they introduce "general server stability improvements"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jediktjedikt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As to the story line missions...whats the point gear i dnt need ... skill points i dnt need...why bother.....as to fleet ques sure i do em...play the event donate to the base... help fleet mate..sure all the time ..there nothing else to do......set up doff missions OK there is 10 mins of flying around to put a doff on a 20 hour project....but really boil it down ...there is not a lot of high end game content perhaps this will change in season 7 and 8.

Some of us are VAs, and still flying around with green consoles, so I am not to the point you are, apparently. Maybe when I have all purple weapons and consoles I'll feel more like you do.
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You just need a Tholian-Lockbox-Launcher to throw those back at the Borg...

BEST idea I've heard lately! Thanks for the LOL! :)
  • jediktjedikt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I'd say I needed one for the Ferengi Lockboxes, but I think I finally just threw them all out. I had over 100 of those stupid things...
  • sigil93sigil93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    milestfox wrote: »
    Sigil93: Interesting to know that you've played every single MMO.

I remember when it started to show up on WOW.
    When a bunch of disney toontown players switched games.

That said, I will stifle on the topic, and await cryptic updating the game so that you buy 'toon slots' instead of 'character slots', as you wish.

I have played a lot of MMOs, I have at least 6 MMOs installed right now. And really why the arrogant self righeous attitude? Does it make you feel big and clever? Seriusly get off the high horse. What people call their characters is up to them - you don't have a monopoly on MMO language. Language evolves. And you don't control that. Who cares where the term came from, toon is a fun word and people aren't going to stop using it because of your petty objections. There are plenty of things to whine about you might do well to find something that actually matters. I think your problem is an error between keyboard and chair.
  • paulda73paulda73 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well its 5:23pm BST and its telling me the Server is still down for Maintenance.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Maybe they should give us the ability to upgrade the starbases with Tholian-Lockboxes (I wonder if they would put some glue for that into the C-Store)...

The question is, are Tholian-Lockbox-Launchers allowed by Khitomer Accord or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still Down.

Just another day at the office?
  • baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have to say, while I may have a few complaints, STO is still one of the best and most fun MMO's I personally have ever played.

Now, let's get the pew-pew started again....I am staring to sweat and get the shakes a little.

Perhaps we should start a STO 12 step program. It will meet every Thursday from 7 am PST - 10-1:00 PST. :)

"My name is Admiral Von Heller, and I have a problem...."
  • archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cryptic doese not know what the word "time" means id rather listen to justin bever and watch twighlit
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited August 2012
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same here. 5:24pm./ Still down here.

Have to agree there are VA's with all purple consoles. My plan was to replace all weapons & Consoles through the STF'd. But if you dont get Rare Borg Salvage. Then it takes 10 Normal Borg Salvage to replace everything with Mk XI stuff & after a while it can get repeatitive & boring trying to get all purple stuff. new content is definately needed. LOL. But saying that this is the best Star Trek game I have played to date.

Also i do remember some of the constant unexpected downtimes the game had. LOL. Luckily I had a life & went round my mates when the 8hr 1's happened. LOL.
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    is it up yet?
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    volk74 wrote: »
    About everything you listed is an issue in one form or another on almost every game.
    Untrue. 98% of the games I play are roleplaying in nature; thus, the gear and resources I accumulate goes towards leveling and reaching a specific storyline conclusion. Most games have a purpose behind obtaining high level items and gathering resources.

Where is the context for obtaining the endgame items? There isn't one.
    Where is the endgame storytelling? There isn't any.
    What level beyond 50 are you trying to reach? There isn't any.
    What level beyond Vice Admiral are you trying to reach? There isn't any.

What missions will allow you to uses these level fifty items, so you can level up, get a new title, and fulfill a destiny? There are none.

*shrugs*

Outside of getting interesting items and gear, what is the overall purpose for having them? Grinding? Is that all you got?

Are we able to save the universe with these items? Nope.

Where is the context?

Where are the over level 50 episodic missions?

What type of destiny awaits?
  • timmo1988timmo1988 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's now 9:28 AM (PDT).

Timmy wants game now. Timmy wants blow up Borg. Feed me now. *nomnoms on keyboard*

._.
  • thunderousfirethunderousfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    extra downtime isn't bad, so long as they give updates instead of thinking no one will ever notice, or they'll appreciate more work and less forum updates..
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "My name is Admiral Von Heller, and I have a problem...."
    Your problem is that you believe you are someone called "Admiral Von Heller". :P
  • ufpdodgersufpdodgers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So Cryptic is 30mins behind getting the server back up and not a single Dev post to say 'Sorry it's going to take a little while longer', which is odd as they normally do :confused:
This discussion has been closed.