What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 30, 2012)

Comments

• jediktjedikt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stulloyd wrote: »
    Same here. 5:24pm./ Still down here.

Have to agree there are VA's with all purple consoles. My plan was to replace all weapons & Consoles through the STF'd. But if you dont get Rare Borg Salvage. Then it takes 10 Normal Borg Salvage to replace everything with Mk XI stuff & after a while it can get repeatitive & boring trying to get all purple stuff. new content is definately needed. LOL. But saying that this is the best Star Trek game I have played to date.

Also i do remember some of the constant unexpected downtimes the game had. LOL. Luckily I had a life & went round my mates when the 8hr 1's happened. LOL.

The only other ST game I've played is the 25th Anniversary game, and it's follow up from the mid-90s. Those were actually kind of cool.
  • jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe we should start a pool as to when they *do* come back up? My credits are on 1000 PST.
  • thextremev3thextremev3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    are we there yet?
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have to say, while I may have a few complaints, STO is still one of the best and most fun MMO's I personally have ever played.

Now, let's get the pew-pew started again....I am staring to sweat and get the shakes a little.

Perhaps we should start a STO 12 step program. It will meet every Thursday from 7 am PST - 10-1:00 PST. :)

"My name is Admiral Von Heller, and I have a problem...."

I don't know about you people but I have been online on my other monitor and playing for almost 30 min!!

bet I got you
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You just need a Tholian-Lockbox-Launcher to throw those back at the Borg...
    That would be the perfect console for the Vesta class! The ultimate Anti-Borg weapon! You could destroy a Cube with one or two shots. Tactical Cubes need a little more ammo, but hey, the supply is endless. :D
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • pyronimbuspyronimbus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They need to set up a web version of Star Trek Armada for us to play, while they figure out why things aren't working.
  • captainhook2000captainhook2000 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Perhaps they just forgot the reboot the server ?
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yudhistiro wrote: »
    is it up yet?

That's what she said
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited August 2012
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    That would be the perfect console for the Vesta class! The ultimate Anti-Borg weapon! You could destroy a Cube with one or two shots. Tactical Cubes need a little more ammo, but hey, the supply is endless. :D

From my experience, not quite as endless as the Ferengi ones were. Hell, I got a Ferengi one everytime I shot down a plasma torpedo! :(
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bridge Commander I'd say is 2nd best to this. If Online added the Bridge Commander Ship destruction Graphics & damage. man they would have a game & an half. LOL. But yer I played a few other Trek Games. Most were good. most I can't play cause of new Computers. LOL. Which has annoyed me a lot. LOL. Liked a few of my old games I can't play anymore.

But yer why aint any of the Devs posted to say maintainace is taking longer than expected.
  • fltadmirallancefltadmirallance Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Might I suggest going to ya nearest Starbuck's, closest to the nearest college, take ya NB, & just watch the beautiful scenery of young Co-eds coming by for their coffee & such... Makes the wait seem non-existant... & will seriously take ya mind off the fact STO is late... I'm blessed w/ a wife that understand I'm a male & make the line in a song "Watching girls go by... what a wonderful way to spend the afternoon...", come true... If ya not this blessed, I'm apoligize for trying to get ya in trouble w/ ya lady...
    Fleet Admiral
    Knights Of The Federation
  • brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's renamed Star Trek Offline, as it is intended :rolleyes:
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • lothar916lothar916 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    k...i'm ready now! :P
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I don't know about you people but I have been online on my other monitor and playing for almost 30 min!!

bet I got you

i've been on for 2 hours :P

...tribble
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • uncledcooke240uncledcooke240 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im Having A Problem Every Time I Go To The Memory Alph It Crashes What Should I Do... ?
    edited August 2012
    Bridge Commander I'd say is 2nd best to this. If Online added the Bridge Commander Ship destruction Graphics & damage. man they would have a game & an half. LOL. But yer I played a few other Trek Games. Most were good. most I can't play cause of new Computers. LOL. Which has annoyed me a lot. LOL. Liked a few of my old games I can't play anymore.

But yer why aint any of the Devs posted to say maintainace is taking longer than expected.

You could probably still play the 25th Anniversary adventure games with DOSBox installed. I'm not 100% sure, though, I haven't tried.
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I played this game when it was crashing so much we nicknamed it "star trek offline"..........Thanks for the update, branflakes.

I remember those days....fun times, fun times indeed! (Sarcastic Tone) in all seriousness the down time maintenance is preferred over the old system. And for the most part the game is more stable and I rather they take more time to make sure it stays that way.
  • darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Maybe their facility lost power, most likely tho they're drawing straws to see who's gonna take the flack posting about the delay to the forums.
    edited August 2012
    Armarda is a good Trek game too I agree with that 1. LOL.
    edited August 2012
    I loved those every other day "Star Trek Offline" threads
  • resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    even without the content the game is still the best mmo ive played to date and ive played them all includeing maxing out in wow...talk about a grind go max 4 toons in world of war craft to cat max...anyway server still down on east coast whats up can we get on yet???????
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You just need a Tholian-Lockbox-Launcher to throw those back at the Borg...

OMG yes! This would be so much better than mass deleted them. Hit Lockbox Launcher III and send a salvo of lockboxes at the enemy with a chance of momentarily disabling the ship by overwhelming them with useless TRIBBLE!
    edited August 2012
    Never played the 25 Anerversary game. had a load of mates whom had it. Tell me it was a good game though. But yer it mite be worth a try for me to download that dosbox then.
  • paulda73paulda73 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Has to be something wrong somewhere its still saying Offline for me, but for others its online, yup something is definately wrong there.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lol, when has a Cryptic scheduled maintenance ever ended on time :p
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • lovinglacelovinglace Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Everyone just Calm down, it takes time to get things right. when they say ABOUT 2 hours, you know it can be more or less depending on how it goes. Stop being rude and mean about it. besides, We all know it takes time to install thier "windows weekly bug packet" for us to play with.
    edited August 2012
    Armarda is a good Trek game too I agree with that 1. LOL.

I used to love the Borg swarm in multiplayer. First thing I'd do is send my scout out on auto, and by the time I had a ton of those transwarp ships, it would have found their base, then just pop into the back of it and BOOM! :)
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    are we there yet?
    edited August 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I loved those every other day "Star Trek Offline" threads

some times they would get up to 100 pages
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im Having A Problem Every Time I Go To The Memory Alph It Crashes What Should I Do... ?

Well if it hurts when you lift your arm....

Nah seriously though? Try a force verify of your game files, if that doesn't help try adjusting your graphics settings, memory alpha is quite big, well populated and shiny.
This discussion has been closed.