test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Very angry - some advice needed

elchup47elchup47 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
Some of you may have received an email recenty about an account mess up that required updated info for gold members. I only noticed this email several days after it had been sent, in the meantime I was switched to silver without noticing and the EC cap was imposed. I had sold about 5-7 millions woth of stuff on the exchange in that time only to see no ECs. I submitted a ticket before realising what the problem was. After I updated my details my Gold membership was operating as normal.

However, the response to the ticket by the GMs is less than satisfactory. It it says that "*" ansd that's it. We, that's helpful isn't it?

It took me a while to gather the items I sold on the exchange and to say that I am furious at this response would be an understatement. I only switched to Silver status because of PWE's TRIBBLE up!!!!!!!!

How do I go about sorting this out? THis is clearly unacceptable and unfair.

*This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto
Post edited by elchup47 on

Comments

• lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Mecha leka high mecha hiney hiney ho.

Is it fixed yet?

If not you might want to submit a support ticket. I've done all I can do through the forums.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The only way to sort it out is to keep submitting Tickets. There is no other way. Of course, technically, they are right: you were Silver at the time and it's not their fault if you don't check your email daily. Good luck, though.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • elchup47elchup47 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The only way to sort it out is to keep submitting Tickets. There is no other way. Of course, technically, they are right: you were Silver at the time and it's not their fault if you don't check your email daily. Good luck, though.

Sorry, what? Sometimes there are reasons why a person can't check their email daily. How can you possibly make this out to be my fault? When I pay - yes PAY for a subscription I expect it to continue throughout the period I have paid for.
    edited August 2012

Is it fixed yet?

If not you might want to submit a support ticket. I've done all I can do through the forums.
    Well, I amended my original tciket and submitted it a second time with the added info. Guess I'll have to wait another week to see what happens.
    edited August 2012
    elchup47 wrote: »
    Sorry, what? Sometimes there are reasons why a person can't check their email daily. How can you possibly make this out to be my fault? When I pay - yes PAY for a subscription I expect it to continue throughout the period I have paid for.
    I understand the nerd rage you're going through right now. I really do, but that doesn't change anything. You're responsible for your own account. The onus is on you to do the things that need to be done to maintain your account - even if it's just checking your email. It's really just that simple.

As I said, the only way to deal with this is to keep submitting Tickets until you can convince someone you are right. I don't think it's going to happen, but I hope it does. Beyond that, as lpthomasmarik posted above, no one here has any magic ju-ju to help you. PW Support is the only one who can help you.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    I understand the nerd rage you're going through right now. I really do, but that doesn't change anything. You're responsible for your own account. The onus is on you to do the things that need to be done to maintain your account - even if it's just checking your email. It's really just that simple.

Nerd rage? I'm responsible for ensuring I get what I pay for???

Jesus wept, either you are a few sandwiches short of a lunchbox and have absolutely no clue about how a business should run or how a contract for services is supposed to operate, or you're juyst a troll (which I suspect is probably the latter with your use of "nerd rage").
    edited August 2012

Jesus wept, either you are a few sandwiches short of a lunchbox and have absolutely no clue about how a business should run or how a contract for services is supposed to operate, or you're juyst a troll (which I suspect is probably the latter with your use of "nerd rage").
    If it weren't nerd rage wouldn't you just have walked away from this thread already? Isn't your anger, first at Cryptic and now at me, what's keeping you coming back. You've already been told the only answer you can expect on this forum but you keep wanting the last word. Just let it go. No one on the forum can help you. It's a Support issue. As I said, I hope it works out for you, but I doubt it will - and then we'll see more nerd rage as you come back to post about how you lost your 5-7 million imaginary dollars and how much Cryptic sucks because of it. That's the classic definition of nerd rage.

Nerd: someone who games, like us.
    Rage: getting very upset

Nerd Rage: gamers getting very upset.
    edited August 2012
    Let it go? Walk away? It's my thread! :lol:

Oh, and I'm not a "gamer" per se. This is the only game I have played.

Anyhow, advice welcomed from anyone who is serious.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited August 2012

What he actually said was ...
    "You're responsible for your own account. The onus is on you to do the things that need to be done to maintain your account - even if it's just checking your email."

And he's absolutely right.
    The onus IS indeed on you to make sure that YOUR account is up to date and maintained. Cryptic/PWE sent an email informing people what needed to be done to ensure that what happened to you didn't happen.
    They fulfilled what they were supposed to do and informed you of what was happening by the only contact they have with you (being email).
    What more could they have done ?
    Should Dan Stahl have called your cell phone to tell you personally ?
    Once they took all the logical steps to inform their customers, the onus was no longer on them.
    You did not check your email.
    You therefore did not upkeep and maintain your account.
    It is not THEIR fault.

Cosmic1 might be a little blunt sometimes, but a troll he most certainly is not. Like him , I understand your anger, I get it. I wouldn't be offended by 'nerd rage' as a term personally, but then again i wouldn't use the term to begin with so *shrug* ...

Like i said, I get it. You're mad. I would be too. I am sorry to say that in this case it's not a mistake from Cryptic or PWE , and even with support tickets you are unlikely to get the resolution you want. That's just the fact here.

But in a nicer way than others have said it. "Raging" about it in angry posts on the forums, is going to do nothing to help you, except give you some names on a forum to get mad at because you feel that anger has to go somewhere. No one here can help you.
    No one. Not even the devs who post here sporsdically. Your unlikely but best and only option for resolution is to contact Customer support.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did everyone with gold accounts get an email about something? Because I never got one.
  • sevoksevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

It's 2012, is there really ANYONE that plays MMOs that DOESN'T have their email push to their phone in seconds?

Cryptic (or anyone) sends me an email --> seconds later it's on my phone.
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did everyone with gold accounts get an email about something? Because I never got one.

That's what I was thinking. I check my emails daily, all 15 of them and I never saw an email covering what the OP talked about. Hmmm I wonder if it was a phishing scam email?
    edited August 2012
    Oh, and I'm not a "gamer" per se. This is the only game I have played.
    Deny it all you want, but you're a nerd. You play this game, you probably watch Star Trek too - which is why you play this game. You are a nerd! Embrace it! Welcome to the Nerd Brotherhood! :D

The only emails I remember getting were dealing with the Account Guard stuff, but I'm LTS and it's possible monthly Subscribers had a slightly different process.

There's also areas that became "transaction dead" due to the transition to PW: such as Credit Cards not working in some States and Countries and people needing to set up different payment options, like Paypal. If you lived in one of those areas you might get an email.
    edited August 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Should Dan Stahl have called your cell phone to tell you personally ?
    Dan... he doesn't call, he doesn't write, he stopped sending me flowers. What does it all mean? :)
    Cosmic1 might be a little blunt sometimes, but a troll he most certainly is not.
    I prefer to think of myself as sharp, like a tack. :)
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Meh, I lost about 6-10 million EC when I was trading in Gold Ferengi Lockboxes on the exchange and the Devs suddenly decided to make them untradeable.

I was pretty irritated at the time but hey, I got over it.
  • gemackgemack Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    blitzsth wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. I check my emails daily, all 15 of them and I never saw an email covering what the OP talked about. Hmmm I wonder if it was a phishing scam email?

Yes there is, I get email on my phone but believe it or not , just because you play an MMO doesn't mean you own a smartphone.
    edited August 2012
    Deny it all you want, but you're a nerd. You play this game, you probably watch Star Trek too - which is why you play this game. You are a nerd! Embrace it! Welcome to the Nerd Brotherhood! :D

The only emails I remember getting were dealing with the Account Guard stuff, but I'm LTS and it's possible monthly Subscribers had a slightly different process.

There's also areas that became "transaction dead" due to the transition to PW: such as Credit Cards not working in some States and Countries and people needing to set up different payment options, like Paypal. If you lived in one of those areas you might get an email.

I never got one.
    edited August 2012
    gemack wrote: »
    Yes there is, I get email on my phone but believe it or not , just because you play an MMO doesn't mean you own a smartphone.

Which part of my response are you replying to? I didn't mention phones or anyone playing MMOs owning smartphones!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012

First off... I'm the only UN-Official Old Troll around here... :P

Secondly.. I never got one either...but I'm a LTS'er... which probably accounts for that.

To the OP... sorry for your misfortune... that really sucks.

And that's as much as this Old Troll, is going to say.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited August 2012
    blitzsth wrote: »
    Which part of my response are you replying to? I didn't mention phones or anyone playing MMOs owning smartphones!

Sorry wrong quote....but the point is not really important so i digress.
    edited August 2012
    Sorry wrong quote....but the point is not really important so i digress.

Ah no problem, I re-read my post like 5 times and scratching my head, thinking is it me that was going mad lol.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's 2012, is there really ANYONE that plays MMOs that DOESN'T have their email push to their phone in seconds?

I don't. maybe i'm still stuck in 1998 ;)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I do... but I think many of my emails (except the spam) get sent back to 1998... by AOL. :rolleyes:.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I stopped reading at "onus" . . . I don't know what that is.
    edited August 2012
    article001 wrote: »
    I stopped reading at "onus" . . . I don't know what that is.

So educate yourself ...

Definitions :

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/onus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onus

Synonyms and Antonyms :

http://thesaurus.com/browse/onus
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Some of the responses in this thread are proving again, that this game definately has one of the worst and least helpful communities.
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Some of the responses in this thread are proving again, that this game definately has one of the worst and least helpful communities.

Its actually one of the best communities I've found. Its a shame you can't see that.
    edited August 2012

Please explain.
    All the initial responses the OP got said the same true advice, which was essentially :

No one here can help. Go file a ticket with support.

I am sorry , but how does that make us "one of the worst, least helpful communities" ?
    We answered his question with the only answer there is. Am i supposed to coddle and lie to him , indicating that somehow, someone on the forums can help ?

Should we have commiserated and been all understanding and such.

The Dude made an error. His failure to maintain his account and keep it properly updated , whatever the reasons that led to it, is the reason for his dilemma. Many have expressed that we understand his anger, but we are honest in telling him that indeed, the mistake was his, NOT cryptics. That there is NOTHING any of us on the forums can do, and his only recourse is a support ticket.

That's as helpful as it gets, because that is the ONLY even potential solution to his problem.

So please , tell us , how could we have been more helpful ?
    What do we do to rise above being the worst ?
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I never got one.

I didn't either, but my wife did. I suspect it's a particular server that was violated?

All this said. The advice in the thread is good - contact Cryptic/PWE via tickets, nobody here can do anything about it unfortunately.
  • booker9172booker9172 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sevok wrote: »

Cryptic (or anyone) sends me an email --> seconds later it's on my phone.

Um yes that's me. I use my cellphone for phone calls and my computer for my e-mail. I guess I'm old-fashioned.

I never got an e-mail either, but I have a LTS too.

As for advice, what everyone else said is all that can be recommended. You must contact Cryptic/PWE support and hope they can help you.

"He tasks me! He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!"