What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Very angry - some advice needed

2»

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    article001 wrote: »
    I stopped reading at "onus" . . . I don't know what that is.

I do..., and I can use it in a couple of sentences...

"The OP got all bent outta shape cause he believed Cryptic screwed him over and thought he could 'Onus' by nerd-ragging in this thread.

He quickly found out that the 'Onus' was really on him, and he couldn't 'Own Us' after all."

<snicker>

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jenel79jenel79 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm a F2P player. I was lucky enough to get a Ferengi Marauder from a lockbox and sold it on the exchange for 80million EC. Immediately after placing the auction I realised that my EC was capped at 10mil, so I went straight to the Cstore and bought the credit cap upgrade.

Unfortunately the ship sold immediately so I capped at 10milion EC. I raised a ticket only to be told "sorry we don't give credits back which were lost due to hitting the cap." I contacted them again and explained that this all happened within the space of a little under 2 minutes and could any exception be made, I mean to lose 70 million credits is a lot! The reply was "sorry, we can't help, but here's 40,000 EC" I actually took offence to that, it was like a slap in the face. I lost 70million credits and they gave me the equivalent of a green Mk XI engine.

However, it was my fault for not making sure that I removed the cap before I placed the ship on the Exchange, and while you may not have been aware that your account was downgraded, they did notify you.

Accept it and move on, you can always earn more credits. I'm not a hardcore player and I've already earned back several million credits simply by playing and selling my loot on the exchange.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    elchup47 wrote: »
    L

Oh, and I'm not a "gamer" per se. This is the only game I have played.

this is the only game you have played? ever?.... I'd ask if you had been living in a cave the past 30+ years but I served in the middle east and even the people there who DO live in caves had xboxs and playstations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    STO was only my Second Online Game...

SWG being the First.

I have since tried a couple of others (WoW & EvE), but STO is the only one I currently play.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited August 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    STO was only my Second Online Game...

SWG being the First.

I have since tried a couple of others (WoW & EvE), but STO is the only one I currently play.

Try minecraft sometime. Its 28 bucks and there are (omg!) No lockboxes! It is way more fun than it looks, and I have recessed my sto time to forums and doffs over it.
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Somebody who accesses a multiplayer game on the internet but has reasons for not checking his email? Warning Will Robinson, does not compute.
    Maybe if there had been a big flashy screen saying that reducing his account status will result in a loss of some of the benefits of having that type of account.
    But honestly, it doesn't take a particle physicist to know that changing from a higher level of account to a lower one is going to result in the loss of something and the OP should have researched his options before deciding on a course of action.
    In any case there is no point in posting about the problem in the forums, there being no one here that can resolve this issue for him.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
    edited August 2012
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Somebody who accesses a multiplayer game on the internet but has reasons for not checking his email? Warning Will Robinson, does not compute.
    Maybe if there had been a big flashy screen saying that reducing his account status will result in a loss of some of the benefits of having that type of account.
    But honestly, it doesn't take a particle physicist to know that changing from a higher level of account to a lower one is going to result in the loss of something and the OP should have researched his options before deciding on a course of action.
    In any case there is no point in posting about the problem in the forums, there being no one here that can resolve this issue for him.

Its only a few mil anyways. This guy should deal with it, easily make the money back, then move on.
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cryptic has "accidentally" bumped me to Silver at least twice so far.

Usually after I berate the STF's. (Go Figure.)

I make it a habit to regularly check my status is active to avoid further push back of my Veteran status.

(I think they cost me almost a month so far.)
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sevok wrote: »
    It's 2012, is there really ANYONE that plays MMOs that DOESN'T have their email push to their phone in seconds?

I don't even HAVE a phone, man.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jslyn wrote: »
    I don't even HAVE a phone, man.
    Then how do you call people when you're walking out to your well to get a bucket of water? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sevok wrote: »
    It's 2012, is there really ANYONE that plays MMOs that DOESN'T have their email push to their phone in seconds?

Cryptic (or anyone) sends me an email --> seconds later it's on my phone.

I don't, I keep my online life totally separate from my real life, I don't need to be plugged in to the system 24/7 like many people unfortunately do these days. :D
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't, I keep my online life totally separate from my real life, I don't need to be plugged in to the system 24/7 like many people unfortunately do these days. :D
    How do you live not immediately knowing when a politician breaks a nail and blames someone on an opposing Party for it happening? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    How do you live not immediately knowing when a politician breaks a nail and blames someone on an opposing Party for it happening? :)

Oh my.... your right! I must join the collective at once! Resistance is futile!
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My cell phone is only used in emergencies, so it's old and has few features.
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Hahahahahahahahaha! That's hilarious dude! That's like the 'wipe before you TRIBBLE' analogy I saw awhile back :P
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Some of the responses in this thread are proving again, that this game definately has one of the worst and least helpful communities.

It was asked once already but I'm going to bring it up again.

What exactly do you think people should of done?

There is zero one of us can do, there is no help we can offer other then suggesting that he contact support. And that was what was said on 2nd and 3rd post in this tread.

The OP was the one who started off with the anger, and kept it up.

So exactly how does this thread prove anything that you claim? Because people were trying to be helpful but weren't going to lie about who's fault it was?
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cptvanor wrote: »
    It was asked once already but I'm going to bring it up again.

What exactly do you think people should of done?

There is zero one of us can do, there is no help we can offer other then suggesting that he contact support. And that was what was said on 2nd and 3rd post in this tread.

The OP was the one who started off with the anger, and kept it up.

So exactly how does this thread prove anything that you claim? Because people were trying to be helpful but weren't going to lie about who's fault it was?

I don't know what some people expect from other members on the forum. Its like they expect us to join them in their nerd rage and raise pitchforks against Cryptic and start some letter writing campaign to CBS on how someone was "screwed" out of a couple of million EC credits that they could easily make back by selling some keys on the exchange.