test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Week Event - August 16th (10am PDT) - August 23rd (10am PDT)

Comments

• lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    I don't think there's any easy way to stop people from doing the clickie missions :( They'll just miss out on some awesome content

It is actually easily solvable had they put some foresight into this. Pick a foundry mission to spotlight every day. One fed and one Klingon. Attach a wrapper to that one mission for a fleet mark reward.

Boom you are spotlighting new content and granting a meaningful reward while bypassing the well known and often abused exploit.
  • j4ck5p4rr0wj4ck5p4rr0w Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    So is this a special Foundry mission, as in one specific mission by one author that you have chosen to attach this reward to? Or is it a new version of the "Play 3 Missions" Foundry wrapper that simply awards Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.

Both are cool by me, just curious.

I dont understand why it is so hard for them to write a PR that is easy to understand.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, there is: base mission rewards on the average time it takes to complete the mission. That means the exploit missions would award virtually no reward because they take seconds to complete.

That would probably also damage missions that are dialogue or puzzle based as people would flock to those, memorize the answers, and reduce the average completion time.

Also favors well geared/skilled players who can complete combat faster.

I think the problem is in seeing the clickies as an exploit.

There's nothing wrong with Cryptic giving away a flat amount of resources a day while "suggesting" that people play missions. That's what the current wrapper is.

Beyond that, the solution will no doubt be to take specific missions that are good, copy and freeze them, and give those specific missions specific rewards.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm.. this a nice event, but here is another question...

Does this also apply to the Duty office daily?
    Since it already gives fleet marks, does it give bonuses now also?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Hmmm.. this a nice event, but here is another question...

Does this also apply to the Duty office daily?
    Since it already gives fleet marks, does it give bonuses now also?

No; just those listed in the blog.

As for the Foundry daily, it's the same daily mission that is available now, but during Fleet Week, Fleet Marks will be awarded upon completion. For more info, check out the in-game event when it goes live tomorrow at 10am PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012

As for the Foundry daily, it's the same daily mission that is available now, but during Fleet Week, Fleet Marks will be awarded upon completion. For more info, check out the in-game event when it goes live tomorrow at 10am PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is that marks instead of dilithium or in addition to?
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited August 2012
    Starting tomorrow, we're hosting a Fleet Week event in-game that will reward bonus Fleet Marks 24 hours a day! Read more for additional information.

Click here to read more.

Too bad pvp isn't considered a fleet event.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It is actually easily solvable had they put some foresight into this. Pick a foundry mission to spotlight every day. One fed and one Klingon. Attach a wrapper to that one mission for a fleet mark reward.

Boom you are spotlighting new content and granting a meaningful reward while bypassing the well known and often abused exploit.

That sounds nice. I support this idea.
  • reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Really!... we 7 full days bonus fleet marks and your first thought is to complain about not getting another in game currency? :rolleyes: :P

Thanks Cryptic for the Event, sounds great.
    I hope we see more of these :)

Some people are just never satisfied

Me, I'll just say "Thank you" and appreciate any bonus I'm given. :D
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »

I'm also wondering that??
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well a good reason to play the foundry. Though hate to see the exploit missions get a boon through people who just want the marks than enjoying a story.
  • daalagtcdaalagtc Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I also want to know this.
    edited August 2012

In addition to -- you'll get both :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • daalagtcdaalagtc Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In addition to -- you'll get both :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I think you just made alot of people happy!

Mike
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't worry about Foundry Exploit missions. If you notice, it said:
    So it seems that there will be certain Foundry mission or missions that will offer the Fleet Mark bonus. Which very likely be the ones in the Foundry Spotlight. Which is good incentive, and whoever this author ends up being, will profit greatly.

Nope. The blog states that you hail to get the mission -- it's the normal Foundry daily ("Investigate Officer Reports (Daily) -- the one to complete 3 missions) but it awards Fleet Marks in addition to normal rewards during Fleet Week.

Again, at this point, it will only be offered during Fleet Week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    daalagtc wrote: »
    I think you just made alot of people happy!

Mike

Agreed - winning combo right there for the Foundry.
    edited August 2012
    I think the problem is in seeing the clickies as an exploit.

There's nothing wrong with Cryptic giving away a flat amount of resources a day while "suggesting" that people play missions. That's what the current wrapper is.

A long time ago they specifically told us to report missions that were designed simply to exploit the daily, and while the subject hasnt been discussed in a while, I have never seen them retract that statement or change their stance on them being exploits. Please link to the post where they have said what you are claiming.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    From BranFlakes in another thread
    The blog states that you hail to get the mission -- it's the normal Foundry daily ("Investigate Officer Reports (Daily) -- the one to complete 3 missions) but it awards Fleet Marks in addition to normal rewards during Fleet Week.

The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A long time ago they specifically told us to report missions that were designed simply to exploit the daily, and while the subject hasnt been discussed in a while, I have never seen them retract that statement or change their stance on them being exploits. Please link to the post where they have said what you are claiming.

There is this post

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3500006&postcount=68

However like you said it was a long time ago, I don't know what their stance on "grinding" missions are now. They might not care anymore.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • morgansmithmorgansmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I run the Nagus dailies. it takes me 15 minutes to run three of his missions.
    Is this considered an exploit? The missions are rated at nearly 5 stars and allow people like me to run the dailies when I don't get hardly any time during the week to play.

my daily play:
    Nagus 3x investigate officer reports
    the occasional fleet mark event if it falls at the right time
    duty officers 3x a day.

on the weekends I run missions and do fleet events
    and PvP and STF with my friends.
    [SIGPIC]stats of my ship coming soon[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Nope. The blog states that you hail to get the mission -- it's the normal Foundry daily ("Investigate Officer Reports (Daily) -- the one to complete 3 missions) but it awards Fleet Marks in addition to normal rewards during Fleet Week.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

.... so how come pvp is being excluded?
  • thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited August 2012
    .... so how come pvp is being excluded?

I know, right? The two most solo-centric portions of the game (foundry and doffs) get fleet marks, but not the best team activity in the game where it's common to fly together with fleetmates? Lame! And typical of cryptic to give pvp the finger once again.
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon. At least we know... any knowing is half the battle.

But, still great event!
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is this considered an exploit? The missions are rated at nearly 5 stars and allow people like me to run the dailies when I don't get hardly any time during the week to play.

my daily play:
    Nagus 3x investigate officer reports
    the occasional fleet mark event if it falls at the right time
    duty officers 3x a day.

on the weekends I run missions and do fleet events
    and PvP and STF with my friends.

If you're asking me I'm fine with those dailies. The ones that bother me are the one click missions.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited August 2012
    Is this considered an exploit?

Those missions work the same way as Cryptic's own star cluster missions, so they cannot be called an exploit unless Cryptic's missions are exploits too.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Really great to see this, but you really need to give fleets a bit more notice to coordinate their efforts.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    it's all well and good giving extra fleet marks but the price of doffs on the exchange that you need is over the top lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One solution to the need for specific DOFFs might be to broaden the types of DOFFs that would be accepted for the missions. For example, instead of requiring "1 purple Doctor, 1 purple Biochemist, & 1 purple Counselor", a project might be changed to require "3 purple Medical Duty Officers"--i.e. accept a larger fraction of the DOFFs by category instead of by specific job title.
    edited August 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Really great to see this, but you really need to give fleets a bit more notice to coordinate their efforts.

think of it more like a pop quiz.