test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 Dev Blog #22

Comments

• raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nice ship defiantly getting it :D, is the wide angle Q-launcher a console or built in ability? If console will it scale with the ship, infinity symbol? Hoping when the fleet version comes out with the fifth console slot will be in the forward weapons so I can have the rest photon like the E-E in the movies :D Maybe they should let us choose where to put it. Also will there be backward swept pylons like the sovy's has but with the Type6 material/2409/25th century design?

Also with the metron gas cosole what will happen with the other eject gas abilities, warp plasma and theta radition?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    I know that is the rule but after the 700 Zen for the First Contact space suits, I just wanted to make triple sure as I will purchase the ship 3 times anyways (for 3 out of 4 accounts). If it is character unlock only, then it goes to 1 character only.

So $75 if account bound or $25 if character bound.

It's an account-wide unlock :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited August 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    "Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science"

The Slots are identical to my Tier 5 Sovy?

shouldn't it get one additional console Slot because it comes with that C-Store +1 console metreon gas power?

and i hope that the Torp launcher is a nice Mk XII version not some *less dps* version of it.

PS: Fleet version will surely come just in time for the first Tier 5 Starbase ;P
    +10% and 4th TAC console slot plz?
    trek21 wrote: »
    I might point out, we can already do that with Eject Warp Plasma and Theta Radiation Vent ;) And not the read end specifically, just the nacelles.

Personally, I'm more interested in the wide angle Torpedo Launcher :D I completely understand it being limited to one per ship, but it's still an interesting thing. For the wider angle, I'm gonna assume slightly lower damage to compensate, and perhaps have 7 sec cooldown.

those abilies only slows ships down, the metreon gas explodes as shown in the images.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know that is the rule but after the 700 Zen for the First Contact space suits, I just wanted to make triple sure as I will purchase the ship 3 times anyways (for 3 out of 4 accounts). If it is character unlock only, then it goes to 1 character only.

So $75 if account bound or $25 if character bound.

... Why do you have four accounts??
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    ... Why do you have four accounts??
    He meant on three characters, out of four anyway.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,241 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The more I think about this the more disappointing it is. An Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit or Galor both seem far better ships. The sov+1 really needs that +1 console.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can we plz have some data on the torpedo? Beacose if it is not MK XII, I may not be intresting at all.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The more I think about this the more disappointing it is. An Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit or Galor both seem far better ships. The sov+1 really needs that +1 console.

Agree.. or at least more hull or turn rate!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited August 2012
    Also will we see improvements made on the sovereign class itself? In terms of looks?
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    this ship is at the level of va ships like the galaxy, defiant and intrepid, not the odyssey and armatige. the hanger, console, and the saucer separation and ship pet make it understandable for those to cost 2500, but this ship is a skin, a targetable EWP recolor, and a torpedo with 1 stat entry changed. this ship should cost 2000, not 2500 :rolleyes: not every single release should cost as much as the odyssey.

it was proboly a good idea to tone the tactical station down a tad, a ship that cant use anything other then beam arrays doesn't really need 5 tactical stations. its a great setup for the fleet vorcha though
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Two special abilities? Interesting (but potentially very cool). That wide-angle torp launcher could be a boon to cruisers, giving the ability to launch torps at something without shifting out of broadside. I'm curious about the gas console, wondering if its a snare as well (like EWP or Theta) or just basically a big mine layer. We shall see. Dig the Boff layout, though I'd love to have seen the engineer lt sacrificed to the universal instead of the sci (who runs with NO sci?), but if guess if it was TOO awesome it would really step on the Ody's versatility toes, so makes sense from a balance point of view. Still, dual tac team and dual EPTS2 is going to make this thing a real monster to kill. My question for Bran is "does the Regent count for the Ship Module discount on the Fleet Assault Cruiser (once that fleet ship is back in the game)?"

Been debating buying a new cruiser (my Excel just doesn't 'feel' right), and now my choice is a real quandry. The torpedo and better styling and maneuverability (and potential fleet discount) of the Regent? Or the better versaility, durability, and console slots of the Odyssey? Heh, I almost wish the Regent really sucked, make my decision easy. Curse you Jamz The Platypus!!!

Also, to the couple of people complaining about the number of console slots, Odyssey is the only C-store ship with 10 slots. Everything else, from the Armitage to the Atrox to the Guramba, is 9.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh Cryptic, you always know just how to make me want to bankrupt myself. All you had to say was "Wide-Angle Quantum" and you'd have my money, but you went the extra quarter-mile and added a feature from that lousy Insurrection movie!
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    He meant on three characters, out of four anyway.

That's what I thought, but why would it be $75 if account bound?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    NOOO CRYPTIC! I WANTED A CORBOMITE REFLECTOR! :mad:

*ahem* Anyway, I'm sure cruiser jockies will love it. And that wide angle quantum torp is also a nice addition. :)
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was saving my Zen for a new ship and I'm now 36 short of 2500 Zen... So, Almost there! But now... OMG! TORN!

Regent or Akira? Regent or Akira? Regent or Akira? AAAGGHHHHH! :D
  • pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    At 2500 zen I dont think so.
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
    edited August 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Oh Cryptic, you always know just how to make me want to bankrupt myself. All you had to say was "Wide-Angle Quantum" and you'd have my money, but you went the extra quarter-mile and added a feature from that lousy Insurrection movie!

Insurrection was not lousy, it was way better then nemesis in terms of story, acting-vise and music, nemesis had better looks, some better acting, some better music. Story-vise it was a redone version of Wrath of Khan with out the KHANNNNNNNNNNNN. The action scenes was brilliant both ground and space. The way I see it is that nemesis is a good action movie but for a star trek movie nope. Its still one of favs but in terms of story-vise not at the top of my list.

Anyway back on topic, that Wide Angle torpedo launcher sounds great. So it will only fire front and back right? Hope it launches from the correct tube on the ship model itself. Price is very steep for a fictional ship from a game.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm . .... I'm assuming the console will also work on the mirror assault cruiser as well?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    She's certainly a pretty ship and I do love cruisers... but I don't know about this one. The 2 consoles are nice but only 9 console slots? wow... With having the Oddy cruisers, not sure I'd ever fly it and especially with a lower hull as well. As is I'd say that's a Rear Admiral ship, definitely not VA.

I'd love to have it but not for the zen price and lower stats.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    Its nice and all , but more cruisers ? really ?
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • baileyjohnbaileyjohn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The ship looks great ....tho I was hoping to equiped heavy cannons on the ship...... but ok okay get it liking the wide targeting torpedoes n the methanen gas consule :)
  • pr1983pr1983 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A sovvy with a LTC tactical station?

I luff you cryptic.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just hope KDF will get some kind of retrofit like this... Not knocking the ship at all because I like it... Just to provide more options for our flagships in the form or cannon and torpedo use.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Here are my questions and comments I made directly on the blog post (where I can edit them :)).

Looks like a good ship and I do love flying Assault Cruisers. I was so ready to ditch my Oddy whale and grab this ship when it became available. In reality, I think there is just not enough difference stat-wise compared to the ingame version to warrant an additional $25 purchase and there are some unanswered questions that would impact my decision.
    • How do the torpedos compare to ingame versions already (are they very rare or rare)?
    • What mark are they MK X, MK XI, MK XII, or leveless?
    • Can they be mounted aft as well?
    • Can you claim two of them?
    • What is the damage on the Metron gas cloud?
    • It says it can be vented from the Bussard Collectors , so this means the gas originates from the forward portion of the nacelles front of the ship?

Also, because I will be unable to use the new skin with my Imperial costume (because I like the saucer) is another negative. Another negative is not having a new bridge with the ship. If the ship had come with an upgraded (say Nemesis) version of the Soverign bridge I would be all for it. Finally, with the potential for having to pay an additional $5 looming for the 10th console for grinding to whatever tier of a starbase, I have to pass on this one. No matter how much I like the skin, I just don't see the value of paying $25 bucks for this ship and then another $5 for its eventual Fleet retrofit.

So...
    • thumbs up on the ship design kudos to the artists
    • thumbs sideways to the stats.
    • thumbs unknown to the console ability and torpedo launcher
    • thumbs down to no new bridge
    • thumbs down on not having the 10th console slot

Until we have additional information, i'll probably save my $30 bucks and keep batteling the poor turn rate.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Really?

METREON GAS?

What, do you people pick these stupid powers out of a hat or something? A release like this should have something MUCH better for me to shell out 25 bucks.

GG on the fail Cryptic. GG.
    edited August 2012
    Here are my questions and comments I made directly on the blog post (where I can edit them :)).

Looks like a good ship and I do love flying Assault Cruisers. I was so ready to ditch my Oddy whale and grab this ship when it became available. In reality, I think there is just not enough difference stat-wise compared to the ingame version to warrant an additional $25 purchase and there are some unanswered questions that would impact my decision.
    • How do the torpedos compare to ingame versions already (are they very rare or rare)? Can they be mounted aft as well?
    • Can you claim two of them?
    • What is the damage on the Metron gas cloud?
    • It says it can be vented from the Bussard Collectors , so this means the gas originates from the forward portion of the nacelles front of the ship?

Also, because I will be unable to use the new skin with my Imperial costume (because I like the saucer) is another negative. Another negative is not having a new bridge with the ship. If the ship had come with an upgraded (say Nemesis) version of the Soverign bridge I would be all for it. Finally, with the potential for having to pay an additional $5 looming for the 10th console for grinding to whatever tier of a starbase, I have to pass on this one. No matter how much I like the skin, I just don't see the value of paying $25 bucks for this ship and then another $5 for its eventual Fleet retrofit.

So...
    • thumbs up on the ship design kudos to the artists
    • thumbs sideways to the stats.
    • thumbs unknown to the console ability and torpedo launcher
    • thumbs down to no new bridge
    • thumbs down on not having the 10th console slot

Until we have additional information, i'll probably save my $30 bucks and keep batteling the poor turn rate.

can only have one per ship for the launcher. Valid questions here also going to add mine.

will the launcher fire multiple torpedoes like 3 or 4 in a row like in the movies.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They are likely releasing the fleet version with 10 consoles and better shields hull etc. But these angles and lighting is much better :O it looks beautiful, I still hope for that skin working on pylon swept back-words. In the immortal words of fry shut up and take my money.

The wide angle quantum will be especially nice on slow turning cruisers can't wait to broad side with phasers and torpedos.

Also all launchers photon and quantum torps sometimes shoot 3 or 4.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, you got me.

I didn't like the Regent skin at all from the last week pictures... the new ones changed my mind. I find it intriguing at least.

And the boff layout, oh damn, that's one of those I'd find the most useful on cruisers. Better than the fleet Vor'cha (and the fleet Assault when it was shown), since ensign engineers are the most useless boff slot on cruisers in my book.

You got me, I'll have to find 2500 Zen somehow, sooner or later.

EDIT: Oh, amidst all that positive, I forgot to add the negative: It's another Federation cruiser. (Really made me happy to know the Vesta "might" even come with season 7, great outlook ...)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Mmmm, I'm looking forward to this. I've got rapid transphasics on my assault cruiser right now, but maybe the quantum will work well on the rear or on other ships. And I'm liking the design. I've been wanting a different neck piece for a while, and I might just go with the whole regent look. (by the way, imperial neck without the armor plates would be pretty nice looking).

Boff seating is nice, too. I'll have to sacrifice one of my EPtS, but I have lots of cruisers and another will get to be more shield-heavy. Finally get to use my big beam overload on something other than my Odyssey.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    Its nice we have a ' modern ' ship comparable to the excelsior ;)
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016