test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet bank lag getting worse (resolved!)

2»

Comments

• philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »
    Yeah...now I can't log into the game...awesome...and I was thinking about buying some more doff slots!!!.....NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Like so many others, we share your pain. Wait 10-15 minutes and try logging in again. The transfers / moves you requested will be completed by then. Seems the fleet bank servers have started to melt down....
    Are we there yet?
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    New update...I've not gotten past the character selection screen and have now timed out on map loading screens twice. So my characters are all logged out...but I cannot log in because it cannot load the maps. Awesome Cryptic. I posted about the lag yesterday....awesome job ignoring it until it gets so bad you can't even log in to play the game!
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • romanlevromanlev Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While on STO, I was just accepting a fleet invite, and all of a sudden nothing is loading except for my own and other peoples movement, however I couldn't open any new tab, or close any other. The Fleet Invite just stayed on my screen. So after I close the window and reopen it, a message comes up after the window has opened stating "Could not log out one of your existing characters". I waited 1 hour and tried again yet got the same result. I couldn't even access the other character on my account. Anybody know what the problem is and how to fix it?
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Been having trouble trying to withdraw my EC from the account bank, trying to put stuff in the bank which none of those 2 things have happened yet. So I thought maybe switching instances might speed things up, Bad Idea. Now I'm stuck in the loading screen, it's going very very slow. This UI lag is a huge, huge mess. It's really getting on my nerves.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am experiencing crazy lag on the fleet bank too. Trying to withdraw 5 Nepeta Leaves and it's taking 5 minutes...and still counting.
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Finally got my main toon logged in....now loading screens are ridiculously long. A dev response that "we know there's an issue and are working on a resolution" would atleast appease me enough to know they are working on it!
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
    edited August 2012
    Also to rebuff what others have stated, zoning is moving at a snails pace as well. I can literally count out the tenths of a percent as they scroll by. I'm gonna do what I need to do then log off for the night, maybe that will help out others. :rolleyes:
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Finally got my main toon logged in....now loading screens are ridiculously long. A dev response that "we know there's an issue and are working on a resolution" would atleast appease me enough to know they are working on it!

lucky you. been trying to login for a 1/2 hour now. Maybe I have to wait for all those failed bank moves to finish first.

Update: only took 45 minutes to get to the character screen.
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • vonfleckvonfleck Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same problem here, I was trying to take from my bank, and nothing was happening, so I logged out, and when I tried to log back, it says it can't log out one of my characters.

Still happening...
    edited August 2012
    Well, after 5 minutes I got a 'timed out while waiting for gameserver' error and was logged out. Now I am stuck at retrieving list of characters and cannot log in (Connection to the login server timed out). I am gonna go get some dinner and try later.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the issue is that it's taking so long to get items out of the Fleet Bank that won't let you log in a new alt until the item has been taken by the alt you logged out of. IE, the system thinks the original alt is still in the game waiting to get the item from the Fleet Bank. After I waited a few minutes it let me log back in.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Something tells me that emergency maintenance downtime will occur sometime this weekend. :(
  • simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have the same problem. Fleet bank operations been painfully slow for past several days now I tried to put into bank, nothing happened so I log out and can't log back in. same message about can't log one of my characters out. So I am out and stuck, I sure hope they fix before weekend
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    pyryck wrote: »
    Something tells me that emergency maintenance downtime will occur sometime this weekend. :(

One can only hope.

Having a 2 hour downtime to fix this is preferable to continuing with multiple 10 min loading screen times and bank lag.
    edited August 2012
    If they knew how to fix the UI lag it would have been done in yesterday's patch. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=338431

I am also hoping for some emergency maintenance.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Well all these threads are getting moved and merged. So SOMEONE (probably Branflakes) knows about it.
    edited August 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Well all these threads are getting moved and merged. So SOMEONE (probably Branflakes) knows about it.

Guilty as charged. I'm keeping all the reports about this in one place so the team can note your names while they investigate; they are investigating and are working towards a resolution.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    Wow; I spoke too soon! They've investigated and determined that it was a server issue. It's been resolved :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow; I spoke too soon! They've investigated and determined that it was a server issue. It's been resolved :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Does that mean it is fixed now or that it will be fixed during the next server reboot?
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Does that mean it is fixed now or that it will be fixed during the next server reboot?

It's fixed now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Dear Brandon and Team,

T H A N K - Y O U !

:)---:)---:)---:)
    Are we there yet?
    edited August 2012
    Dear Brandon and Team,

T H A N K - Y O U !

Ditto... :D
  • blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Guilty as charged. I'm keeping all the reports about this in one place so the team can note your names while they investigate; they are investigating and are working towards a resolution.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    will this help with the DOFF mission not dispearing right away after being assigned. or is that on m end? I ask cause it started this for me around the same time i noticed the bank lag
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow; I spoke too soon! They've investigated and determined that it was a server issue. It's been resolved

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I just had a bank-lag free session across all my characters! It was wonderful!
    THANKS TO ALL AT CRYPTIC ! ! !

:cool: :D :P ;)
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you.. wait this deserves all caps & boldface font:

THANK YOU!

:D
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Simply lag between client and server, nothing to be done expect trying to fix ur internet or try a proxy.

not lag if everyone is having it
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I also found that selecting "no scaling" in your Nvidia control panel elliminates a great deal of lag.

Not related to server problems, but every little bit counts.
  • cameltoe02cameltoe02 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    umm it was resolved, but it seems to be back again. just took bout 30 seconds to put something in the fleet bank