Install Arc
Options

Doff XP to Fleetmarks

Comments

• Options
    captallendalecaptallendale Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dma1986 wrote: »
    You may want to read the entire thread before commenting, and not just the last post.

You'll be able to get 225/300 Marks for your 30k CXP.

Actually, having read the whole thread, I think he was responding to borticus who said that they are taking longer than expected on this because while the contact was ready to go, he had placeholder values that were way off. Borticus said 300k Cxp for 20 marks. that is what he thought was low.

While I wish it were more, after my nakura-nirvana has ended. I think the 225 marks for 30k xp is reasonable.
  • Options
    qutothqutoth Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have another update on these Fleet Report Assignments...

The conversion rate that will go live when these Assignments become available will be:

10,000 CXP from a single Commendation Category = 75 Fleet Marks (or 100 on a Crit Success)

Not sure if it's the blood-wine but I feel placated enough to think this is fine. Would be nice if the critical reward was higher, but depending on the traits required 75-100 seems ok. Keep in mind if the critical was harder to get and the reward higher, it's gives you a happy feeling when you crit it. A slight sense of a doffing accomplishment.

Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
    The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Saying 'should be' or anything related to 'soon' does not mean things are set in stone... holding them to dates like you're doing is pointless.

Anyway, this is very good :) 10,000 is fairly easy to get, especially when you get as many assignments as you can.

While I wish these DOFF missions could be added more quickly, going from 300k CXP for 20 FM to 10K CXP for 75/100 FM is worth the wait.
  • Options
    rooster75rooster75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While I wish it were more, after my nakura-nirvana has ended. I think the 225 marks for 30k xp is reasonable.

I agree with this. I stand to benefit quite well.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    originally we were told (or we inferred) that it would be a 30k turn-in and we would need 130k to start it because we can not go below Tier 4. I am assuming Borticus had a typo when he put that the placeholders that WERE in place (that they had to change) was 300k to 20 marks. I assume he meant 30k to 20 marks. (to be honest I had expected them to be that low, which would have enraged us all.)

Now that the turn ins have been changed to 10k, I am hoping we can start them as soon as 110k total cxp in any one category. Now lets just hope they are not tier gated on the starbases.
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    originally we were told (or we inferred) that it would be a 30k turn-in and we would need 130k to start it because we can not go below Tier 4. I am assuming Borticus had a typo when he put that the placeholders that WERE in place (that they had to change) was 300k to 20 marks. I assume he meant 30k to 20 marks. (to be honest I had expected them to be that low, which would have enraged us all.)

That makes sense. And yes, 30k:20 would have been an enraging ratio. I expected something bad, so I'm pleased to see it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dma1986 wrote: »
    You may want to read the entire thread before commenting, and not just the last post.

You'll be able to get 225/300 Marks for your 30k CXP.

For your information, I was responding to the ridiculous typo of 300k. Considering that it is only possible to get 150k, then it is logical to assume that it was a simple typo. I have read the entire thread and was responding to the outrageous placeholder in my previous post.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While I was (and still am) hoping for a little bit more, I must admit 75-100 Fleet marks for 10k CXP seems reasonable. Now I hope we can get it the soonest possible without nerfs and without the necessity to unlock the contact.

Thanks for looking into the exchange ratio and posting updates, Borticus.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Im watching this closely as well
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just think. Having 150k in every category will give over 4000 Fleet Marks in 40 hours. Assuming that there are no more changes and we can use up all 50k CXP.
  • Options
    johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its too low so not worth the time spent doffing therefore I'm not going to use it.

You'll just have to expedite the expansion the doff system now while everyone sits at 150k/100k

Sure some may turn it in but once they figure out that you can easily get 75 fleet marks in under 30 minutes by playing missions I suspect most won't bother.
  • Options
    eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the ratio is a good one. Thanks Cryptic for giving us a good way to turn over those dxps into something usefull. (10k is not that hard to come by and doffing should not be the sole way to get the fleet marks but a good side income of fms)

Now if we would hear anything about the stuff like expanding the doff system where it intended to go -> Department heads and First Officer I would be overjoyed.
  • Options
    omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I keep hearing "Not worth the time it takes to get".... Really?

Because doffing between Fleet STFs sure takes a lot of time right? I mean this mission says it takes 8 hours and it only gives 400-600 CXP... OMG if its 100:1... TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT :rolleyes:

Sure... If I completely ignore the fact I can have 20 running, they take 15 minutes to pick up. I can grab them 3 times a day, less if longer, more if shorter. And it in no way detracts from the time I can spend running the STFs :cool:

You have fun sitting on that "precious" 50k CXP for Tier 5, Which probably won't even be a thing until Season 8 or later... While I make room to do more assignments and get more materials for our starbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The conversion rate that will go live when these Assignments become available will be:

10,000 CXP from a single Commendation Category = 75 Fleet Marks (or 100 on a Crit Success)

An assignment from each Commendation Category is available at all times, but each has an 8 hour duration. Meaning you can run Diplomacy and Military Fleet Reports at the same time, e.g., but not two Diplomacy Fleet Reports until the first 8 hour duration has been completed.

I'll admit, that sounds high at first. But then I did the math.

10000 cxp / 75 fm works out to about 133 cxp per fleet mark. 100 per if you crit.

And that's really not that bad when you think about it. If you go up to Tier 4 in multiple categories, you can have a bunch of these assignments running at the same time.

Time will tell, of course, but I think I can live with this.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah, getting 100 fleet marks is nothing to sneeze at!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its too low so not worth the time spent doffing therefore I'm not going to use it.

You'll just have to expedite the expansion the doff system now while everyone sits at 150k/100k

Sure some may turn it in but once they figure out that you can easily get 75 fleet marks in under 30 minutes by playing missions I suspect most won't bother.

Actually it provides a casual alternative or bonus to Fleet Marks so I do not see why people would not use it at the ratio it is set at. Set up your daily DOFF missions then go actively obtain Fleet Marks. You need to realize that it is meant as a bonus not an alternative. Cryptic wants to place the reward emphasis on the new mission content.

I would, however, like to see more alternatives added like this. For one, bring back rewards to the exploration missions, give the player a choice of:
    • Level Appropriate Item
    • Dilithium
    • Fleet Marks

I would also like to see the sector defenses brought back with a similar reward structure.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'll admit, that sounds high at first. But then I did the math.

10000 cxp / 75 fm works out to about 133 cxp per fleet mark. 100 per if you crit.

And that's really not that bad when you think about it. If you go up to Tier 4 in multiple categories, you can have a bunch of these assignments running at the same time.

Time will tell, of course, but I think I can live with this.

As did I here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5000371&postcount=31

I also assumed a casual rate of accruing Fleet Marks/Hour for a 4 hour play session for comparison.

Honestly the 1:133 and 1:100 ratios are far better than I expected.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

I don't like those missions, and there's no way I could get 75 fleet marks in under 30 minutes. I might get 15 in under 30 minutes if I'm lucky. I have a much better time doing the daily 5 mark mission at the starbase. So turning in my commendations will probably be my main way of getting fleet marks.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    I don't like those missions, and there's no way I could get 75 fleet marks in under 30 minutes. I might get 15 in under 30 minutes if I'm lucky. I have a much better time doing the daily 5 mark mission at the starbase. So turning in my commendations will probably be my main way of getting fleet marks.

As to not liking the missions, I will not fault you for that at all. They are repetitive. I can usually get 30 FMs out of an incursion with a respectable team, and a few more if its during the event window. It takes 10 mins or so, but then you have to log out and back on another character to run it again. so 75 marks in 30 mins is doable if you want to run the same mission over and over. I can see why that is not desirable. Quite frankly, I feel the rewards for the space missions are lousy.

That being said, I was running the Nakura farm over and over. It was getting old fast, the only upside being the constant action. I actually felt 'drained' after playing a two-hour window on Nakura. Of course the 800 -1000 Fleet Marks eased the boredom some. :-)

Anyway, i will be eagerly awaiting this and the ungrinder (if we ever get it). These will help me greatly, though I still think im finally ready to give up on the idea of a solo base, even though the one I have has 40k of total branch XP so far. But it would just take to much to get it much further.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's free Fleetmarks from the STO version of Pokemon CCG. Why the complaining?
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    Oops... Yes, 300k = 30k. Sorry, that was a typo earlier.

As for the conversion rate being high... the few of you that are crunching the numbers seem to generally be working from the point of players that already have capped out a particular commendation category (or several). And from that standpoint it will be true that those capped-out players will be capable of churning out a good amount of Fleet Marks over a short period of time as soon as these assignments land on Holodeck.

The balance point was determined based on overall CXP acquisition rates. So it's not a question of "how much CXP do you have?" but rather "how quickly can you earn another 10k CXP in a single category?"

Some players are capable of churning this out very quickly, as the internal metrics we gathered show. But that select group of hardcore Doffers do not sway the overall statistics of the playerbase as a whole by a large amount.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "how quickly can you earn another 10k CXP in a single category?"

With the right assignments, let's say... a day. Maybe even less since there are some assignments with crazy CXP rewards on crit. That's really easy and you don't even need to stay online for a long time. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    With the right assignments, let's say... a day. Maybe even less since there are some assignments with crazy CXP rewards on crit. That's really easy and you don't even need to stay online for a long time. :D

yea, if you know the missions and know which to pick up . And with some luck 1-2 days max.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Some players are capable of churning this out very quickly, as the internal metrics we gathered show. But that select group of hardcore Doffers do not sway the overall statistics of the playerbase as a whole by a large amount.

As it shouldn't, since there are people who can find ways to grind out fleet marks fast doing the fleet missions or Tholian missions too.

With the 10,000:75 ratio, I can make a decent amount of fleet marks to contribute to my fleet. Otherwise, I'd just be dribbling in the daily 5 mark mission, because I have better things to do with my time than grind the team missions.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oops... Yes, 300k = 30k. Sorry, that was a typo earlier.

As for the conversion rate being high... the few of you that are crunching the numbers seem to generally be working from the point of players that already have capped out a particular commendation category (or several). And from that standpoint it will be true that those capped-out players will be capable of churning out a good amount of Fleet Marks over a short period of time as soon as these assignments land on Holodeck.

The balance point was determined based on overall CXP acquisition rates. So it's not a question of "how much CXP do you have?" but rather "how quickly can you earn another 10k CXP in a single category?"

And that hardcore group of doffers thanks you. I can easily crank out 10k in a few categories in a matter of days.
  • Options
    lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And that hardcore group of doffers thanks you. I can easily crank out 10k in a few categories in a matter of days.

I can easily crank out 75 fleet marks in an hour. Converting CXP doesn't sound very efficient to me.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can easily crank out 75 fleet marks in an hour. Converting CXP doesn't sound very efficient to me.

What prevents you from launching the conversion assignments while grinding out 75 fleet marks an hour?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »
    What prevents you from launching the conversion assignments while grinding out 75 fleet marks an hour?

It is my understanding that the conversion projects do not get us CXP.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Well... good. It's not supposed to be as efficient for most people. It's meant as a supplement to your other FM gains, and it does something with that excess commendation XP.

Or, it's an alternative way to get FM, for some of us. And for me, it's actually more efficient.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    Well... good. It's not supposed to be as efficient for most people. It's meant as a supplement to your other FM gains, and it does something with that excess commendation XP.

Or, it's an alternative way to get FM, for some of us. And for me, it's actually more efficient.

AS a suppliment it is fine. "hardcore" doffers will lose out though. It takes times to find the most efficient doff assignments to maximize CXP potential. especially if you go with the most efficient method of only doing short term assignments. If that is all you do you are going to fall WAY behind in Fleet mark production.

This isn't some holy grail for hardcore doffers. If anything those who are hardcore Doffers are going to find themselves gimped by this if they are trying to get more Fleetmarks. It's the one time being a hardcore anything will put you at a disadvantage.

I would actually be interested in knowing what their internal optimal Fleet mark/Hour number is. If these are the ratios they are looking at I would look for a nerf on how many fleet marks we get from the missions in the near future.