test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doff XP to Fleetmarks

124»

Comments

• mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AS a suppliment it is fine. "hardcore" doffers will lose out though. It takes times to find the most efficient doff assignments to maximize CXP potential. especially if you go with the most efficient method of only doing short term assignments. If that is all you do you are going to fall WAY behind in Fleet mark production.

Way behind what? Any competition is self-imposed. My main is earning 5 fleet marks a day. I'll be getting a pretty good boost, compared to that.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    AS a suppliment it is fine. "hardcore" doffers will lose out though. It takes times to find the most efficient doff assignments to maximize CXP potential. especially if you go with the most efficient method of only doing short term assignments. If that is all you do you are going to fall WAY behind in Fleet mark production.

This isn't some holy grail for hardcore doffers. If anything those who are hardcore Doffers are going to find themselves gimped by this if they are trying to get more Fleetmarks. It's the one time being a hardcore anything will put you at a disadvantage.

I would actually be interested in knowing what their internal optimal Fleet mark/Hour number is. If these are the ratios they are looking at I would look for a nerf on how many fleet marks we get from the missions in the near future.

How is this game fun if you get to a point where you can calculate your optimal Fleet mark/hour number? I don't know about you... but I just want a changeling lava lamp....
  • lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How is this game fun if you get to a point where you can calculate your optimal Fleet mark/hour number? I don't know about you... but I just want a changeling lava lamp....

It's not a matter of fun. It is what we are discussing. Borticus clearly stated "The balance point was determined based on overall CXP acquisition rates."

10k cxp per 75 fleet marks. The time it takes to get to 10k Cxp for an average player is considered a balance point for cryptic. It is their calculation on what is an acceptable acquisition rate for fleet marks. If you have a a really good run you can get around 100 fleet marks every hour. The average is closer to the 75 mark.

Can you get 10k CXP per hour? If not then where is this balance point at? Its internal to cryptic. It's their calculation.
    edited July 2012
    It's not a matter of fun. It is what we are discussing. Borticus clearly stated "The balance point was determined based on overall CXP acquisition rates."

Borticus also said "We want to make the CXP turn-ins worthwhile, while also not making them the primary means of gaining Fleet Marks (we still would like you to participate in the content designed for this purpose)."

So the balance point is meant to be lower for the CXP exchange than for the team missions.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oops... Yes, 300k = 30k. Sorry, that was a typo earlier.

As for the conversion rate being high... the few of you that are crunching the numbers seem to generally be working from the point of players that already have capped out a particular commendation category (or several). And from that standpoint it will be true that those capped-out players will be capable of churning out a good amount of Fleet Marks over a short period of time as soon as these assignments land on Holodeck.

The balance point was determined based on overall CXP acquisition rates. So it's not a question of "how much CXP do you have?" but rather "how quickly can you earn another 10k CXP in a single category?"

Some players are capable of churning this out very quickly, as the internal metrics we gathered show. But that select group of hardcore Doffers do not sway the overall statistics of the playerbase as a whole by a large amount.
    In the case of Hamlet... how long does it take to get a crit? :D

Last time I critted Hamlet I got over 10k cxp. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    In the case of Hamlet... how long does it take to get a crit? :D

Last time I critted Hamlet I got over 10k cxp. :D

last time i did hamlet i got a lot of injured holo officers -_-
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2012

10k cxp per 75 fleet marks. The time it takes to get to 10k Cxp for an average player is considered a balance point for cryptic. It is their calculation on what is an acceptable acquisition rate for fleet marks. If you have a a really good run you can get around 100 fleet marks every hour. The average is closer to the 75 mark.

Can you get 10k CXP per hour? If not then where is this balance point at? Its internal to cryptic. It's their calculation.
    The thing is, you usually don't spend the whole day(s) it takes to get 10k CXP exclusively doffing. There are assignements that give over 1k CXP even on a non crit success. Does setting up 10 of those assignements take you 1 hour?

In fact, 15 mins of doffing can get you 10k CXP, only you won't get it right away, but "later". I'm fine with that.

On top of that, any conversion rate is beneficial given that I will continue doffing anyway (useful to get new doffs to sell, contraband, ...). At some point, players like me would get to the cap in many categories and then loosing all the CXP they get afterwards. This way, there is use for the surplus CXP I get. Great.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "If at first you don't succeed, keep trying until it kills you."

Hmm... I seem to have paraphrased a bit. lol

Hamlet doesn't crit often. 1/6 is about the best odds I've seen.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captallendalecaptallendale Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    The thing is, you usually don't spend the whole day(s) it takes to get 10k CXP exclusively doffing. There are assignements that give over 1k CXP even on a non crit success. Does setting up 10 of those assignements take you 1 hour?

In fact, 15 mins of doffing can get you 10k CXP, only you won't get it right away, but "later". I'm fine with that.

On top of that, any conversion rate is beneficial given that I will continue doffing anyway (useful to get new doffs to sell, contraband, ...). At some point, players like me would get to the cap in many categories and then loosing all the CXP they get afterwards. This way, there is use for the surplus CXP I get. Great.

While waiting for Season 6, I did not PLAY the game, all I did was Doffs. Leveling up new toons, farming contraband on my KDFs and transferring some to my feds so that they could all turn in for dilthium. Etc. Once Season 6 started, I largely quit doffing, since I was FM-farming. Now I can go back to doffing more and feel like it is getting me somewhere as well.

Like some have pointed out. Setting up a few gold box engineering missions while waiting in the PvE queue is just another way to earn FM's. Those missions usually give good dilithium rewards too. If you do it right, you can earn some extra FM's during downtimes and it doesnt cost you a thing.
  • darcanisdarcanis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I doff'd one out today that gave me nearly 10,000 cxp in one shot!
    I'd rather doff off cxp with a few seconds of queuing up and then focus on foundry work instead of STF all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    The CXP to FM exchange is supposedly up on Tribble now. I'm not in a position to test it, though, so I guess I'll just have to wait until it goes live. But at least we're making progress.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seems yet another delay as it isn't in tomorrow's patch notes, even though it has been on Tribble longer than some of the things that ARE being added

:(:confused::(
  • rooster75rooster75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Seems yet another delay as it isn't in tomorrow's patch notes, even though it has been on Tribble longer than some of the things that ARE being added

:(:confused::(

I was looking for it too. I'm hopeful it is just an oversight by the community manager.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Could have been missed in the patch notes. Guess we will know for sure if it is in tomorrow's patch or not. Luckily the Doff Downgrader is in tomorrow's patch.
    edited August 2012
    The commendation XP to fleet marks conversion is in! There's a console in Ops in the fleet starbase that gives the conversion. You can start one mission in each category, if you have at least 110,000 CXP in that category. You can turn in 10,000 CXP to get 75 FM, with a possible crit of 100 FM. It's a standard DOff mission, so you assign one appropriate DOff, with good traits leading to improved chances of a critical success. There's no chance of failure. Just wait 8 hours, and get your FM. Then you can start another mission in that category right away if you have enough CXP.
    edited August 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    The commendation XP to fleet marks conversion is in! There's a console in Ops in the fleet starbase that gives the conversion. You can start one mission in each category, if you have at least 110,000 CXP in that category. You can turn in 10,000 CXP to get 75 FM, with a possible crit of 100 FM. It's a standard DOff mission, so you assign one appropriate DOff, with good traits leading to improved chances of a critical success. There's no chance of failure. Just wait 8 hours, and get your FM. Then you can start another mission in that category right away if you have enough CXP.

Good to hear it was just an oversight in the patch notes
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh good! I'd not seen where to get the missions and was wondering if they were in yet.

[edit: 3 missions started]
  • pathfinder2012pathfinder2012 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Good to hear it was just an oversight in the patch notes

This is sucks!!! 10K for 75 FM. Anyone can get 75 FM playing starbase incursion + colony - 25min = 75 FM. Where is the sens of this exchange?
    the idea with the exchange CXP for FM is good but a proposed conversion factor is open mockery
    Please give as bether conversion like 10K for 2500FM
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    or we could not have the CXP to FM at all... I'm fine with it, sure thy make it a little better I woun't complain ;) ... since I have to invest little time into doffing... its a nice bump.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
    edited August 2012
    This is sucks!!! 10K for 75 FM. Anyone can get 75 FM playing starbase incursion + colony - 25min = 75 FM. Where is the sens of this exchange?
    the idea with the exchange CXP for FM is good but a proposed conversion factor is open mockery

It's not meant as a primary way of earning fleet marks. It's a supplement. And it gives you something to do with your excess CXP. The primary way of earning FM is meant to be the missions.

Having said that, the CXP conversion is going to be MY primary way of earning FM, since I don't like the missions. I'll be earning FM a lot faster than before.

Although I'd love your 4:1 ratio... it would be silly. I'd suddenly be the primary FM earner for our fleet...
    edited August 2012

Except doing one doesn't mean you can't do the other... You can build up your CXP and get Marks from CXP at the same time... Not only that but you can get Marks from CXP and get marks from starbase incursion + colony or Nukura, ect at the same time. Maybe I could see the complaint if you couldn't get marks elsewhere why doing the 8 hour missions, but as it stands, I see no room for complaints.

Honestly, I would have hoped for a slightly better exchange rate for the 8 hours, but it is still a fair conversion in my opinion

I could get 162,500 Marks in 40 hours at your conversion rate just by logging in for 10 minutes every 8 hours
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Seeing as how farming cxp consists of "take 2 minutes to queue up a few high-cxp assignments and forget about them until the next day," the conversion rate seems pretty reasonable.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looks like we're gonna have to use...MATH! :eek: :D

Diplomacy/Marauding, Science, Engineering, Military, Exploration, Espionage, Medical, Colonial, Trade, Development, Recruitment.

Presuming you started a mission for each of those, that would be 11 missions, times 75 fleet marks each, or 825 fleet marks, presuming you didn't get any critical successes.

Presuming a person could do it 5 times without gaining any more commendation xp, that means...4,125 fleet marks.

What if even 5 people in a fleet could do this? That's 20,625 total fleet marks.

That's just a 'perfect' ways of doing it, presuming everyone had enough commendation xp and such, it wouldn't really work that way in the actual game most of the time.

Regardless, the numbers add up FAST. So that conversion rate is actually pretty darn awesome.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is sucks!!!
    No. This is Patrick.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I completely disagree and think the 75-100 is a good exchange. I would agree only if CXP was that difficult to obtain but it is not. As people have said this is meant as an additional supplement to obtaining Fleet Marks. The primary method will still be doing the missions. I also disagree with your overly generous estimate of Fleet Marks for Starbase Incursion and Colony. I would say on average you can get 50 Fleet Marks for these missions during normal run times.

It is your choice not to use the missions or not but consider you start the missions, que up more doff missions, then play the content as you have said and you are maximizing how many Fleet Marks you can obtain. I will most likely run these once a day until my reserves are depleted. No given running chaining Incursion and Colony every half hour for a two hour play session that nets me... ~1,025 - ~1,300 Fleet marks over af our day period which will drop to ~200 again as I build up CXP reserves again (so this might only be a monthly or more pulse).
  • brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Well it is a tragedy. :D
    Anyway I'm at Tier 4 CXP in just a few categories, and I really appreciate this new FM income.
    I am not a major FM contributor for my Holodeck fleets, but I do want the ability to spam our Tribble starbases with FM. ;) So stocking up faster and buying the occasional DOFF is a nice new feature for me.
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Probably late.

There is a station near the OotW where you can File Commendation Reports.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Looks like we're gonna have to use...MATH! :eek: :D

Diplomacy/Marauding, Science, Engineering, Military, Exploration, Espionage, Medical, Colonial, Trade, Development, Recruitment.

Presuming you started a mission for each of those, that would be 11 missions, times 75 fleet marks each, or 825 fleet marks, presuming you didn't get any critical successes.

Presuming a person could do it 5 times without gaining any more commendation xp, that means...4,125 fleet marks.

What if even 5 people in a fleet could do this? That's 20,625 total fleet marks.

That's just a 'perfect' ways of doing it, presuming everyone had enough commendation xp and such, it wouldn't really work that way in the actual game most of the time.

Regardless, the numbers add up FAST. So that conversion rate is actually pretty darn awesome.

I am somewhat confused by this, are you suggesting that 5 people in a fleet would turn in all their excess commendation for 75 marks a piece? A well coordinated group could run No WIn to level 6-9 for the same result. Not to mention you could only turn in cxp once in a few months for most doff categories. Development runs pretty fast, but exploration and some of the others have few missions worth much cxp to regenerate.

I am not trading in my commendation at this pathetic margin because they might do more with doffs down the road, what if they add a new level to commendations?

It takes way too long and too much effort to get 10k cxp in a single doff branch to justify only 75 marks, except in development. It is a augmentation of standard mark production yes, but a low augmentation and not a wise decision at this point as I understand it. I liken this to the lottery a tax on the statistically impaired. :)

I agree you don't have to use it, but detailing its shortcomings in the forums is the only way i know of to encourage modification to a more suitable arrangement.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • rooster75rooster75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It takes way too long and too much effort to get 10k cxp in a single doff branch to justify only 75 marks, except in development.

The only thing I can think of is that you must be doing something wrong. It really doesn't take long at all to get 10k in a category. Military Offensives crit like crazy. Listening posts give insane xp on Crits and cover three branches (Colonial, Espionage and Engineering). Have you even unlocked your chains? That should help you accumulate CXP much faster. Additional Evaluate and Analyze Gamma Quadrant commodities (Medical, Science) also Crit great. Be on the lookout for the M*A*S*H assignment as well. Establish Military Bases (Colonial, Engineering) are good too. I'm literally banking 8,000 in Fleet Marks across 3 toons at the moment with a steady flow coming in just from Doffing.

Honestly the fastest progressing branches should come from Military, Engineering and Colonial from my experience. Science and Medical can be done quick too.

Here is a post made by someone else which I just found that may be of some help to you. These are the assignments which you should be hunting: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5282261&postcount=3
    Not to mention you could only turn in cxp once in a few months for most doff categories.

It sounds to me like you haven't gotten very far on your DOffing in which case this exchange won't help you very much. I turn multiple bundles of 10,000CXP in every few days to Fleet Marks (I'm currently waiting on another 900-1200 FM to get done cooking right now). All I do is login 3 chars and make my DOff rounds which doesn't take me very long at all. You have to know how to Crit and what assignments to take and give a miss to. Also purple quality DOffs help.

I realize that the exchange might not seem very good to people who haven't achieved a lot with their DOffing but it can be good to those who have and have done so on multiple chars. But if Cryptic wants to make the exchange better you'll not get an argument from me.
    I am not trading in my commendation at this pathetic margin because they might do more with doffs down the road, what if they add a new level to commendations?

Last official word I heard when Heretic was running the show is that this wasn't going to be happening for a very, very long time. Who knows? This may be all they ever do with CXP. Might as well spend it if it's useless for anything else I'd say.
    I liken this to the lottery a tax on the statistically impaired. :)
    It's really a trade and not a lottery. You're guaranteed to get something ;)
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited August 2012
    I'm turning in 10k cxp once or twice a day for very little effort. Less effort than playing a fleet event (which I could do as well). I cannot understand anyone complaining about this. In my small kdf fleet we have so many cxp turn ins that I often dump marks in the special project. That said you should be targeting high cxp doff jobs. If you aren't you need to justify this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]