test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Pin target option spells trouble for KDF

webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PvP Gameplay
So apparently, because of the whole Pet/Mine Targeting thing, and the new Pin target option, Cloakers can't hide any more... :(

Sorry to the KDF/Cloakers that learns of this the hard way. :(
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by webdeath on

Comments

• Options
    aytanhiaytanhi Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What? Pin Targets?!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
    Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
    /channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I used to PVP anytime I possibly can. Until Season 6 shot PVP in the knee. It's abysmal now.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I used to PVP anytime I possibly can. Until Season 6 shot PVP in the knee. It's abysmal now.

Haven't touched it since december. It seems to have gotten worse according to these forums. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can now see where cloaked ships are when I have them pinned to my HUD? LMAO.

I thought it was an arrow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Damn, that's even better than the emission seeking torpedo. Thanks Cryptic.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aytanhi wrote: »
    What? Pin Targets?!?!?

I am curiuos as well.....

Is it the Focus setting I noticed in the Drop down menu when one mouses over target?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yep, noticed that when doing KASE. Someones little deltaflyer/slaver pets would always circle above Donatra when she cloaked.
    Jumped into PvP and noticed the same thing. So...whats the point of cloaks anymore if all you have to do is follow your pets?
    Makes the cloak rather pointless now, and screws the Klingons at the same time..:(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Ah. Wasn't the pets following and targeting claoked vessel an old bugg that got fixed once before? Maybe it just resurfaced with this PIN thingy now in play?

R.I.P
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is an old bug that has never been fixed... pets follow cloakers.

What Teapower is talking about... is it is now 10x worse...

On your target you will now notice a little pin icon on the side... if you click that you have pinned your target and you can switch targets and quickly switch back to the pinned target.

You can now use this new very cool thing... to exploit the old bug and target cloaked ships....

It is pretty dumb.
  • Options
    thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012
    husanakx wrote: »

You can now use this new very cool thing... to exploit the old bug and target cloaked ships....

It is pretty dumb.

Emphasis added. Bring that up in a better attended part of the forums or a podcast and some carebear will cry foul and it will get fixed.
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mavairomavairo Member Posts: 579
    edited July 2012
    Who says this is a bug?

We all know cryptic wants nothing more than for the KDF to crawl in a hole and die.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    I'll look into this one. Cloak is designed to clear targets against hostile enemies. It sounds like the Focus Target function may not be doing that.

Just so I'm clear, this gives Carriers specifically a bit advantage against Cloaking enemies, correct? Because even if you have a cloaked target in Focus yourself, you're not able to attack them are you? But as I'm hearing it, Carrier pets will still follow cloaked focus targets?

Just wanna make sure I have my facts straight.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'll look into this one. Cloak is designed to clear targets against hostile enemies. It sounds like the Focus Target function may not be doing that.

Just so I'm clear, this gives Carriers specifically a bit advantage against Cloaking enemies, correct? Because even if you have a cloaked target in Focus yourself, you're not able to attack them are you? But as I'm hearing it, Carrier pets will still follow cloaked focus targets?

I have not tested it myself yet, but from my understanding the pets follow you around once you have cloaked. You can also do this with the scorpion fighters. The scorpions, I do know still occasionally will take shots at you while you are cloaked but as far as the other pets I am uncertain.

Partly because anyone rolling FAW will pop me out of cloak anyway.
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Any "Pet" classified Objects. Including Mines. Basically anything that you deploy that is allied to you but is not a player that can aquire a target. These objects can always see cloaked targets if they are locked on. This is ESPECIALLY bad on Mines when an enemy flys too close to them and triggers them, even if they don't detonate and the target avoids the mines.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

huh this would explain people following me around after ive run and cloaked, it was eery. ya ive seen pets follow around battle cloakers too.

also FAW is once again decloaking people
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mavairo wrote: »

We all know cryptic wants nothing more than for the KDF to crawl in a hole and die.

NEVER!!! THEY WILL HAVE TO KILL ME BEFORE I DIE!!

R.I.P
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    that explains a lot
    FYI last time i checked atox pets would see a target if it is within 1-2km of the pets, which seemed to be working as intended. If you select the fighter i could target its target, but loose it immediately again
    F@W declaoking is back for sure
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    webdeath wrote: »
    Any "Pet" classified Objects. Including Mines. Basically anything that you deploy that is allied to you but is not a player that can aquire a target. These objects can always see cloaked targets if they are locked on. This is ESPECIALLY bad on Mines when an enemy flys too close to them and triggers them, even if they don't detonate and the target avoids the mines.

Running into a minefield shouldn't make you immune to explosions...:rolleyes:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Ah. Wasn't the pets following and targeting claoked vessel an old bugg that got fixed once before? Maybe it just resurfaced with this PIN thingy now in play?

Nah, a LOT of old bugs have resurfaced. I swear it's like someone just flicked a switch and reverted them. Even hazard emitters is broken again.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    Nah, a LOT of old bugs have resurfaced. I swear it's like someone just flicked a switch and reverted them. Even hazard emitters is broken again.

i can confirm this as well. when used on some one else its not clearing hazards
  • Options
    emoejoeemoejoe Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cant shoot whatsnot in range or arc. BRING THE PAIN

maybe yall stop cryin bout p2w and hit the fvk q now????

ggs
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    orondis wrote: »

Like clockwork.....

R.I.P
  • Options
    houseofcritzhouseofcritz Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    emoejoe wrote: »
    cant shoot whatsnot in range or arc. BRING THE PAIN

maybe yall stop cryin bout p2w and hit the fvk q now????

ggs

Did you even read the thread mini?? there is not one post about p2w:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote of the week:
    sollvax wrote: »
    a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This is an old bug that has never been fixed... pets follow cloakers.

What Teapower is talking about... is it is now 10x worse...

On your target you will now notice a little pin icon on the side... if you click that you have pinned your target and you can switch targets and quickly switch back to the pinned target.

It is pretty dumb.

actually id suspect in 500 yrs our computer targeting wouldnt be so easily fooled as it is in this game.

this change will further seperate the cream of the crop from the dregs. this simply raises the level of the regular player to that of those who bind "target minimax" to a key every game
    :/
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    actually id suspect in 500 yrs our computer targeting wouldnt be so easily fooled as it is in this game.

this change will further seperate the cream of the crop from the dregs. this simply raises the level of the regular player to that of those who bind "target minimax" to a key every game
    :/

no its about target tracking and its damned fine by me. keep minimax pinned if you want to live
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    no its about target tracking and its damned fine by me. keep minimax pinned if you want to live

Na I would rather you have the few advantages you ship has. Frankly ships flying around with shuttle specs are allowed to keep there cloak in my view.

Seriously we did a match vs some SOB klink guys last night and noticed that we had one ship with one mine launcher.... and hey some mines moved... hey pin the target... hey cloak is now off.

Frankly keep the cloak fix the p2w... and fvk might even be fun again. ;)
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Na I would rather you have the few advantages you ship has. Frankly ships flying around with shuttle specs are allowed to keep there cloak in my view.

Seriously we did a match vs some SOB klink guys last night and noticed that we had one ship with one mine launcher.... and hey some mines moved... hey pin the target... hey cloak is now off.

Frankly keep the cloak fix the p2w... and fvk might even be fun again. ;)

This..............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Or just wait for him to get cute, dump a VM on him, target his engines, sub nuc him and torp his face off :P

Though now we don't have to wait for the mini to get cute. We can just pin him, and vape him while he's cloaked!
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    also FAW is once again decloaking people

I tested this extensively. It's not true under any circumstance I can recreate. FAW will decloak an enemy target only if your Perception score outmatches their Stealth (aka Cloak) score. You are being spotted by the opponent because they have high perception, not because FAW is cheating.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012

There is still way too many variables with using modes like the enhanced battle cloak for these fleet defense things. The shield draining not being what it once was is one hard hit to it and another is that even with buff to transphasics they still cannot keep up with cannons/beams as far as the speed of which you can kill a target your freighter or what not would be long dead before you did anything useful in the mission itself (a lot of it has to do with that functunality about being decloaked with no shields and the heavy damage especially with the console abilities they have it just doesn't work out). So along with this stuff with the cloak it just makes unusable to say the least.