test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where are those new sets Gozer promised?

sp4cecomm4ndersp4cecomm4nder Member Posts: 65 Arc User
A few months ago Gozer said that there were new gear sets coming to the STFs, and that the current ones would be going in the STF store. Was he just messing with us or what?
Post edited by sp4cecomm4nder on

Comments

• darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A few months ago Gozer said that there were new gear sets coming to the STFs, and that the current ones would be going in the STF store. Was he just messing with us or what?
    AFAIK, he was referencing new gear sets for Fleet Action and Event content for Fleet Stores.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sp4cecomm4ndersp4cecomm4nder Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AFAIK, he was referencing new gear sets for Fleet Action and Event content for Fleet Stores.

No, he was definitely talking about STF sets. It was one of STOked's last interviews:

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/18913/gozer-king-of-pvp-stoked-120/

He said that they were supposed to be adding a new set every few months, and when they did the current set would go in the regular STF store while the new one would be tied to tech drops.
  • drasketodrasketo Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • voluptuaryvoluptuary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    drasketo wrote: »
    And now, Gozer no longer works for Cryptic.

And good riddance.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gozer said he would make the new STF sets available as soon as he had the costumes. My guess is the costumes are not done, plus him leaving left many balls in the air.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is the Tholian Set to collect, from Nukara Prime. Not an STF set I know, but I'm mentioning in case you don't know about it. It has a Compressed Cryo Launcher, an Environment Suit (I forget the name) and a shield (forgot the name as well)
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    Gozer said he would make the new STF sets available as soon as he had the costumes. My guess is the costumes are not done, plus him leaving left many balls in the air.

he was also the guy who was supposed to fix pvp.... look where pvp is now?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic + Promise = Doubtful.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 7 at the earliest.
    edited July 2012
    This is the same Gozer that wrecked Pvp? And the same one that has attempted to ruin STF's? Yeah, I'm not suprised he made empty promises. Now he is gone_ I say good riddance, but I do feel sorry for whoever he's working for now.
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dood98998 wrote: »
    This is the same Gozer that wrecked Pvp? And the same one that has attempted to ruin STF's? Yeah, I'm not suprised he made empty promises. Now he is gone_ I say good riddance, but I do feel sorry for whoever he's working for now.

How did he wreck PvP? He only worked on PvP in his last month at the company and was pretty much handed the idea that it's being ripped out and replaced with a single, well-done PvP map.

And to ruin STFs implies that he's not the one who designed them. He made the originals. People hated them. Even the people who liked them weren't playing them daily and repeatedly. He was handed the approach, "If it's in game, we want it repeated." It's not like he ruined someone else's work or that Cryptic management saw the originals as valid. Which Gozer also designed, except for the Undine ones.
  • fereng1fiendfereng1fiend Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Who is doing STFs now that the Goze is gone?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guess who's back...back again!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dood98998 wrote: »
    This is the same Gozer that wrecked Pvp?

Gozer started working on PVP fairly recently before he left. we have not seen any of his updates yet and he has had no prior dealings with pvp, so the answer is no.

And the same one that has attempted to ruin STF's?

i think they have been massively improved on the old ones but each to their own.

Yeah, I'm not suprised he made empty promises.

at the time he was waiting on the art department and they have to physically make the costumes. he cant put new sets in if no one had made them yet.

later in another interview dstahl said they are changing the way people can earn these uniform types and adding it to fleet starbases because of the unpopular way XII gear was so rare, so it would appear the way people earn them is changing/being updated. that decision would not have been gozers to make and could well have been decided after he originally said what he said.
    edited July 2012
    Can anyone tell me what Gozer actually got done on PvP before he left? Anything at all?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012
    Who is doing STFs now that the Goze is gone?

Last I heard, nobody was doing new ones.

Different content folks are doing 5 mans like Vault.

Last I heard there were no immediate plans for new STFs and nobody assigned to it.

Children of Khan will probably be something other than an STF.

Into the Hive is the only other STF planned as I understand it and there are no immediate plans to make it anytime soon either.

From what I understand, S7 will see STF changes but I think it's more about tuning what's there, maybe bringing the Undine STFs into the new model, refining the new model a bit (so that the story is a bit more evident) and they won't be adding STFs until they've figured out all the details of what they want STFs to be.
    edited July 2012
    Can anyone tell me what Gozer actually got done on PvP before he left? Anything at all?

His job was take his time, collect data, and design a single new PvP map to replace all of the PvP maps in the game.

He wasn't assigned to balance or add incentives to current PvP. He was assigned to design a new form of PvP to replace the current one after everything gets ripped out.

It wasn't an immediate short term plan.

More like, "We're going to rip all existing PvP out of the game in 8 months. Start researching for a new system that we'll replace it with or we won't have any PvP."

Given that, I don't see what kind of progress you'd be expecting.
    edited July 2012
    His job was take his time, collect data, and design a single new PvP map to replace all of the PvP maps in the game.

He wasn't assigned to balance or add incentives to current PvP. He was assigned to design a new form of PvP to replace the current one after everything gets ripped out.

It wasn't an immediate short term plan.

More like, "We're going to rip all existing PvP out of the game in 8 months. Start researching for a new system that we'll replace it with or we won't have any PvP."

Given that, I don't see what kind of progress you'd be expecting.

I'm talking about on a daily basis. He was "assigned" PvP for a few months before he left, right? What did he actually do on a daily basis for that time period?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    He took them home since we won't be needing them. Along with our account bound stuffs :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm talking about on a daily basis. He was "assigned" PvP for a few months before he left, right? What did he actually do on a daily basis for that time period?

Didn't really do anything. What would have been the point?

His job was to come up with an entirely new system. PvP was going to get completely redone, so any time and effort spent on the existing system would have just gone to waste in the end.
    edited July 2012
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Didn't really do anything.

Thats certainly what it sounds like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2012

He was supposed to sit around analyzing data mined numbers and draw up designs for a new system that wouldn't see the light of day for eight months. He was in design phase. As in, sit down and look at numbers and design a system from scratch, one that doesn't build on what's there because everything about PvP is getting canned either way.

He was not supposed to fix it. He was supposed to observe it and draw up a longterm plan for something completely unrelated because there will be nothing left of the current system.

Ker'rat? Getting nuked. Private skirmishes? Getting nuked. Cracked planetoid? Solar wind? Briar Patch? Ghost ship? Assimilated Cruiser? Nuked, nuked, nuked, nuked, and nuked. Everything is getting nuked and all of the mechanics are being ripped out.

In its place, his job was to brainstorm ideas for one new PvP map, ONE, that would sustain a PvP community, with completely new PvP mechanics and with no other PvP options.

He was catapulted back into the pre-alpha stages of development and told to start brainstorming ideas what Player versus Player would look like, without having much of anything in common with past PvP in STO and utilizing new mechanics and tools from Neverwinter. Not to fix PvP or balance it or incentivize it. To design new rules for how it works and spend awhile just looking at datafeeds and reviewing notes and treating it like pre-alpha brainstorming for a game that had never had PvP before.
    edited July 2012
    He was supposed to sit around analyzing data mined numbers and draw up designs for a new system that wouldn't see the light of day for eight months. He was in design phase. As in, sit down and look at numbers and design a system from scratch, one that doesn't build on what's there because everything about PvP is getting canned either way.

He was not supposed to fix it. He was supposed to observe it and draw up a longterm plan for something completely unrelated because there will be nothing left of the current system.

Ker'rat? Getting nuked. Private skirmishes? Getting nuked. Cracked planetoid? Solar wind? Briar Patch? Ghost ship? Assimilated Cruiser? Nuked, nuked, nuked, nuked, and nuked. Everything is getting nuked and all of the mechanics are being ripped out.

In its place, his job was to brainstorm ideas for one new PvP map, ONE, that would sustain a PvP community, with completely new PvP mechanics and with no other PvP options.

He was catapulted back into the pre-alpha stages of development and told to start brainstorming ideas what Player versus Player would look like, without having much of anything in common with past PvP in STO and utilizing new mechanics and tools from Neverwinter. Not to fix PvP or balance it or incentivize it. To design new rules for how it works and spend awhile just looking at datafeeds and reviewing notes and treating it like pre-alpha brainstorming for a game that had never had PvP before.

So there is no proof that he actually did any of that, besides a few non-specific forum posts?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like Gozer.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Huh... while it certainly could use something new and improved, I'm not sure if condensing it all into one thing is the best course of action.
  • thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012

All conjecture on your part. You don't know any more about what Gozer was supposed to do than anyone else except Gozer, and he never said most of what you are assuming.

It all doesn't matter what Gozer did/didn't do, or was going to do, anyway because it was all shot down by Stahl. THAT is the only thing we do know (we being the people on panda vent the weekend before he announced his departure). Even the code branch updates that included whatever supposed "pvp hit team from another new Cryptic game" developed were pushed aside.

Arawn - SOB
    OP *is* the new balance whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 6 - Wallets Under Siege now online. U buy nao!
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited July 2012
    Question: did ggozer create the invisi torps of his own will, or did stahl order him to?
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    http://kotaku.com/5909914/star-trek-online-developer-admits-the-games-pvp-sucks
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/12/cryptic-developer-star-trek-online-pvp-is-fail/
    "Participation is so low, the studio has seriously considered removing PvP altogether."

I'm curious when they're going to remove PVP, since no one is working on it. Few times i did pvp, i was grouped up was with the same people, over and over again. Mind you, it was fun. I also enjoyed Ker'rat when is was populated. (the chat in there was funny too :P )
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Considering the vast forward momentum in PVP development in STO , I'd hold on with those predictions if I were you .
    I mean Ker'rat was supposedly getting nuked for ... what , over a year now ?
    It's still there .

Look at the possible irony in it .
    It is possible that Cryptic does not care enough about PVP to even bother to nuke it .

It all doesn't matter what Gozer did/didn't do, or was going to do, anyway because it was all shot down by Stahl. THAT is the only thing we do know (we being the people on panda vent the weekend before he announced his departure). Even the code branch updates that included whatever supposed "pvp hit team from another new Cryptic game" developed were pushed aside.

Where can I find more info on what you've stated above ?
    Is it buried in some thread somewhere ?
    I'm specifically interested in your statement about Stahl's opposition within the PVP development .
    edited July 2012
    All conjecture on your part. You don't know any more about what Gozer was supposed to do than anyone else except Gozer, and he never said most of what you are assuming.

Arawn - SOB
    OP *is* the new balance whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 6 - Wallets Under Siege now online. U buy nao!

Not that much conjecture.

Gozer outlined the terms as being whether or not PvP would get nuked, altogether. He indicated he was looking at a radical overhaul that was more targeted at non-PvPers and which would be controversial.

Daniel Stahl said that the plan was to nuke everything and create a single PvP map.

I suppose the conjecture is whether Gozer, as the named dev designing the PvP system, was actually working on what Stahl said they're doing.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gozer, cryptic et al never finish what they promise. I'm becoming increasingly distraught. Season 6 should have focused on both fleets AND PvP. PvP needs fixing bad. I can't believe how dead it is, and they apparently are OK with this!?!?