Install Arc
Options

Purchasing Zen

2»

Comments

• Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i found it by starting a transaction thru the account features.
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    johnstonsimonjohnstonsimon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rumblep wrote: »
    i found it by starting a transaction thru the account features.
    That's my point. I couldn't find it anywhere but assumed that I have to start a transaction, fill in address, credit card info and only then do I get to now how much it's going to cost.
  • Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    no info needed to get to that part, you select how much you want first then all that info
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i got this . . .

Transaction failed
    We were unable to deduct 5.00 USD from your credit/debit card because the transaction was declined by your card issuing bank.
    To continue with this payment we advise that you try again using a different credit/debit card or payment method.

I think this whole mess is a ploy to get more froobs to sub just for the stipend.
  • Options
    queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been dreading this new billing system, as I've seen this thread and heard a few horror stories here and there. The last thing I want is if there is something that comes out of the Cryptic Store (or whatever it will be called) that I REALLY REALLY want, is to wait for hours or days after the transaction. That can be quite aggrevating and something which I simply do not want to deal with.

But I finally made a "test purchase" and did not experience any issues whatsoever. Plus the noise seem to have calmed down a bit so perhaps the issue isn't as widespread, if there is any at all aside from user error or the occassional glitch. Anyways, if you are experiencing some issues, I hope it gets resolved fairly soon, but I think the billing system isn't as bad as what some people claim it to be....
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was just looking at this whole "billing system" right now, and WOW, calling it a cluster fock is being generous. Why the hell would anyone in their right mind make a simple click and purchase system so...UNsimplified?

Don't tell me it's because it has to get processed overseas because I've bought items from Japan and Hong Kong, and it's a simple "click" and "purchase" system.

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've never had any problem buying Zen a few years ago for PWI, I never had problems buying C-Points before Atari, I never had problems buying C-Points through Steam Wallet, and I don't have any problems buying Zen now.

(Under "Purchase Zen") Select Payment > Select/Create Billing Profile > Checkout > (Under "My Wallet") Send Zen to STO.

It's just one extra step, because the Zen is good for many games. I don't see how it's so hard.
  • Options
    jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I've never had any problem buying Zen a few years ago for PWI, I never had problems buying C-Points before Atari, I never had problems buying C-Points through Steam Wallet, and I don't have any problems buying Zen now.

(Under "Purchase Zen") Select Payment > Select/Create Billing Profile > Checkout > (Under "My Wallet") Send Zen to STO.

It's just one extra step, because the Zen is good for many games. I don't see how it's so hard.

Well ii tell how its hard. You do everything ya just said Except ya cant transfer to STo because your Purchase is in Review. Thus you cant get your CP. However the Bank or credit card has deducted the money IMMEDIATELY from your acct. 5 hours still waiting for Tin Tang MAo to review my purchase so i can trabsfer the points.

and NO I WILL NOT BE MAKING ANYMORE ZEN PURCHASES! Untill its Instant like the C-Store was!
  • Options
    jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Reviewing
    Applies to: All payment methods

If the status of your transaction shows as "Reviewing" please remain patient. Your transaction is currently in the review/approval process and will be completed shortly. NOT!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And to be honest i dont care if it works for others......

my card is declines every single time. My bank is pretty smart and proactive but this is ridiculous. Funny thing is I just used my card to durchase another iitem in real life and it posted promptly and sucessfully. SO I KNOW IT IS THE PROBLEM OF THE PWE approved money lenders.

I tried a 2nd card which i know also works and guess what.....it was declined too.

Pretty damn silly this new system is such a problem for many folks......

Guess i am done spending money for this game.......thank the maker i am a lifer.

As a side note when virtual cryptic points were available guess what...it worked...and guess what...on the same card I am being declinied with here for this zen gibberish.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    astrorobla wrote: »

2 - Bad interface design.

To charge to a credit card, I have to disable my browser's cookie protections. The reason? PWE links to an outside charge agent inside a frakking FRAME, which is usually the behavior of malicious adware secretly writing cookie info.

I must do business with at least 30 other internet companies, and this is the FIRST time I've ever been required to disable my cookie protections (and thus open myself up to malicious problems if I forget to reenable it).

This is interesting because my credit card just had an unauthorized transaction. I just started buying stuff through this moneybookers (3rd party site you referred to) via PWE to buy ZEN. Moneybookers was founded in London, UK according to wikipedia. They are about to become Skrill, which is irrelevant. Anyway, the unauthorized charge on my credit card was for 39.95 from lunacs dot com, which is located in the UK. It is a coincidence, yes, but I have already filled out the claim form with my bank to get my money back and they have cancelled my card. It is merely a coincidence that just when I start getting charged by moneybookers in London, UK, that I get a fraudulent charge on my credit from lunacs dot com which is located slightly outside of London in Croydon, UK.

Coincidence? Only site which requires cookies on a hard drive instead of using cache or session based content that is not saved anywhere? yeah... just a coincidence.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    joe3871joe3871 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey All,
    I linked my accounts, but when I go to charge Zen, it asks me to choose a game and a server. When I choose STO, and then go to server, it doesn't list any of my characters (I have 4, 3 of which are over 10th level). So when I go to charge Zen it tells me I need a character over 10th level! I've got THREE over 10th level! WTF?

Worse still, I go to submit a ticket, I get a "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Page" and when I diagnose problem...there is NONE!!

Perfect World my TRIBBLE$
  • Options
    vangrealvangreal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would have to agree with a lot of the posters, the older system was more faster, and clearer as well.

However, that has changed, and we will all adapt to use the new system.

My problem is that there is no warning that your purchase may be delayed. The money is deducted from whatever source anyone seems to choose almost immediately, but the reviewing process can take an undetermined amount of time.

This needs to be listed as a warning when purchasing. A lot of the anger comes from finding out after that you have to wait for your purchase. Had we all known in advance, that would not really be a problem, as I, and more than likely all of us, have no problem waiting, when we know we may have to wait. However, when expecting to pay and then use what you paid for does not happen right away, that's a problem.

Also, having a help line that does not accept calls from Canada confuses me as well.

It's just bad business. Especially regarding sales.

Then again, I suppose we are only hoping for a Perfect World....
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not even getting far into the system before flags are raised when trying to purchase Zen.

Really regretting not loading up with Cryptic Points before linking my account.

Second thoughts - REALLY regretting linking my account.
  • Options
    paragonexileparagonexile Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm still getting the "you need a level 10 character" and can't even TRY to buy zen. Hell, I spent 20 minutes just trying to log on to this forum with all the endless usernames I have and I don't know which is which. What a cluster. I think it's time to cancel the account.
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mikoto123a wrote: »
    Not even getting far into the system before flags are raised when trying to purchase Zen.

Really regretting not loading up with Cryptic Points before linking my account.

Second thoughts - REALLY regretting linking my account.

Plan B - Does anyone know of a company selling Perfect World Prepaid Cards in the UK?
This discussion has been closed.