test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purchasing Zen

thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
The only way this process could be worse would be if they had someone call me and insult me over the phone. Or come to my house and kick my dog. And then insult me.

This is a sad system.

Really after all the hoops to jump through I'm going through a review process.

Outstanding service. That was irony by the way. Look it up. Have a friend look it up.

So far this transition has failed in the areas of clarity, functionality, service.....oh bother why go on?

Do you really think this is good? Do you think its clever that a consumer wrote a "how to use PWE's zen interface" because

1. It sucks. And.....

2. No one in your company was capable of recognizing that it sucked themselves AND doing something about it. I'm sure someone knew it sucked. Likely anyone that actually used it themselves. It's that entire "doing something' that is lacking.

Thanks for writing that LOL, got that stickied LOL.

Here's one. DO SOME WORK LOL.

Edit:

Okay, you've just finished paying for your ZEN ? now where is it?

Good question. Reference the status definitions below to help you with your inquiry.

Yah....we know its a good question. Just had to rip that off the PWE website.

Double Edit. Just had to take this post from another happy consumer.

edit edit edit

Wow so, ive taken a walk to cool off and not post a pronfanity heavy ***** session...

let me keep it simple for those stupid enough to leave STO players in this mess

REVIEW MY ORDER.. XOXOXOXOX seriously this system is fubar still waiting for my zen points which i have to convert to cpoints a what ever time someone approves my purhase... oh but the moneys alreadygone

seriously broken system

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279501

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276511

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=277581

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4378911#post4378911
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    captainvallentcaptainvallent Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah... Wow...

"Review my transaction?" WTF, seriously? What are you reviewing.
    Maybe they're trying to figure out the current conversion rate from USD to Renminbi or somethin.

I've been quiet about the purchase of Cryptic and now the "non-optional" account linking... now this.

It was so easy buying Atari/Cryptic Points. Why does this have to be so hard?
    d7s_small.jpg
  • Options
    metamermetamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The ability to open up the C-store in-game and purchase without mucking about with alt-tabbing and multistage purchases was much better.
  • Options
    emh24emh24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I bought zen about 3 hours ago, my zen is still in "review". im about to go to bed without my "duty officer pack".

im sorry, my money is gone and i received email saying my purchase was complete. what is to review?

i will not be going through this again, until this system is fixed.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thissler wrote: »
    The only way this process could be worse would be if they had someone call me and insult me over the phone. Or come to my house and kick my dog. And then insult me.

If you would please purchase some Zen, you will then be able to access this option from their customer support page payable with Zen... :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    emh24 wrote: »
    I bought zen about 3 hours ago, my zen is still in "review". im about to go to bed without my "duty officer pack".

im sorry, my money is gone and i received email saying my purchase was complete. what is to review?

i will not be going through this again, until this system is fixed.
    You won't have too, as the sticky in this forum says (linkie: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279401) this is a one time deal. After that it's smooth sailings! (When I did it it only took about an hour but I did it in the middle of the week)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1 hour wouldn't be too terrible, 8 hours later for me, still in review. I wanted to get some stuff and copy to tribble, and this is holding me up. I can see that they would want to verify new customers, but I'm not new, the process of account merge should have put us on a verified list.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Woooo Hooooo still in review!

Because vetting internet sales of intangible property is HARD!!
  • Options
    locutusx5locutusx5 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    having same issue. have confirmation of payment was successful yet the Zen in is review. for 2 hours now.

Update: 24/612

Purchased Zen of 23/6/12 2.33pm GMT & received today (24/6/12) at around 8am GMT

I did a quick test and bought 500 zen and it was instant transaction. So it looks like the first transaction is a verification period.

MODERATORS: Please can you put forward to perfect world a disclaimer on their website saying the first transaction will take longer than usual due to a verification period.

Cheers
  • Options
    ectonoodle#6874 ectonoodle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm very annoyed at the moment, I can't even buy that stupid Zen TRIBBLE...
    I need a confirmation code, ok I click the button to have a code send... an hour passes I receive nothing, I click it again... and again... still nothing, I contact customer support.

"Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 3-4 business days."

Are you fracking kidding me!!
    By the time I get a bloody reply or a code and then since it's my first purchase most likely a review I will have royally outleveled the friggin ship I want to buy!

Seriously, I am known for my infinite tolerance and patience but come on, this is enough to make anyone go stirr bananas.

What a ****** system... I miss Cryptic store, select, buy, play... takes 3 fracking minutes!
    Gonna quit my rant, I'm heating up here, feeling the urge to punch someone :mad:

Keep your confirmation code, I'll keep my money!
  • Options
    captainvallentcaptainvallent Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As an update for me:
    Zen Purchase made 6/22 @ 6:20pmPST
    Zen Review completed 6/23 @ 11:00amPST
    Zen transfered to C-Points and confirmed C-Point in game- no problems, save for the inconvenient delay.
    Purchased Zen again and I confirm the transaction is immediate- no problems.

So, it appears... Mind that first step, it's a looloo! LOL
    d7s_small.jpg
  • Options
    jlebeckjlebeck Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Purchased Zen this morning at 11am-ish, It's now 19.55 and still under review. I can't spend it if I don't have it. I think I'll just be relying on the stipend from now on.

PS: As all my info has gone, can I just say I've been on here since Beta and am a LTS.
    The Continuing Voyages of Bridge Commander
    Captain Lee Drake - USS Sovereign
    Captain Draxon - IKS RanKuf
    Commander Torenn - IRW Soryak
    Captain Gregory MacCray - USS Geronimo
  • Options
    emh24emh24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    askray wrote: »
    You won't have too, as the sticky in this forum says (linkie: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279401) this is a one time deal. After that it's smooth sailings! (When I did it it only took about an hour but I did it in the middle of the week)

Thats great news! thanks for the info!
  • Options
    doabarreltrolldoabarreltroll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bleh, 15 mins, refunded. Trying again, $5 says it wont work
    and ALSO, what i am going to do with my reinforcement packs (sell on the exchange) it kinda time sensitive. Is it just me or does the ENTIRE PWE company need to look at my credit rating and laugh at it before i get my zen?
  • Options
    locutusx5locutusx5 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    locutusx5 wrote: »
    having same issue. have confirmation of payment was successful yet the Zen in is review. for 2 hours now.

Update: 24/612

Purchased Zen of 23/6/12 2.33pm GMT & received today (24/6/12) at around 8am GMT

I did a quick test and bought 500 zen and it was instant transaction. So it looks like the first transaction is a verification period.

MODERATORS: Please can you put forward to perfect world a disclaimer on their website saying the first transaction will take longer than usual due to a verification period.

Cheers

Updated my post.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here is a +1 on the frustration on this thread.

Going down the list:

1 - Confusing system and terms

"Charge Zen"??? Really? This is a horribly unintuitive term for "purchasing." Maybe it's very hip in China, but it's a needlessly confusing and obscure term for english speakers.

2 - Bad interface design.

To charge to a credit card, I have to disable my browser's cookie protections. The reason? PWE links to an outside charge agent inside a frakking FRAME, which is usually the behavior of malicious adware secretly writing cookie info.

I must do business with at least 30 other internet companies, and this is the FIRST time I've ever been required to disable my cookie protections (and thus open myself up to malicious problems if I forget to reenable it).

3 - "Reviewing" idiocy.

I made a purchase of Zen today hoping to buy an Armitage, but after discovering my points are unavailable due to "review" I learn by reading ON THE FORMUS, not as a WARNING WHEN I PURCHASE, that there may be up to a 24 hour delay before I can actually use the points.

I've seen a number of ridiculous apologists blaming forum posters for faulting PWE claiming it was our bank's fault. Wrong. My purchase is logged and completed according to my bank. This is clearly not protecting the users from fraud, it is protecting PWE from false transactions; ran this all by a friend in the MMO industry and he spelled it out for me.

This makes me FURIOUS. I spend money and then have to wait an unspecified amount of time before using it? ABSURD. No other internet site has ever done this to me. And they do not warn the customer.

This is the single worst internet financial transaction I've ever had to suffer. Cryptic's method was painless and effective. This is an insult to their customer base.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • Options
    robertemmetrobertemmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm very annoyed. Playing this game a while ow, dipping in and out. Decided today to purchase the Advanced Heavy Cruiser, Excelsior class, because I hate the regular Heavy Cruiser I have. I envisioned simply having to buy them on the STO site... no, I'm redirected then told I have to buy Zen points. (charge Zen? Wtf?)
    Ok, but then it turns out that there is a conversion rate... (started to get pissed at this point, unnecessarily confusing). Ok, eventually I settle on getting 2000 Zen points, for 18 Euro. Good stuff! Moneybrokers etc goes handily enough, get a message saying my money is debited, now to buy me some ship!

I can't.

Seriously, wtf. You have my money, then you review? How long do I have to wait? Had I known this I wouldn't have bothered purchasing anything.

Very annoyed.
  • Options
    warrenjameswarrenjames Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sadly, I'm seeing the delay quite often.

My first purchase took less than an hour to clear. The second was almost instant. I tried a third last night, and it was in review for several hours before being declined. I tried again this afternoon, and have been waiting almost 2 hours.

This is all with credit card information that Cryptic was able to verify and charge in under 30 seconds. I don't post much, but this is really irritating me.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The delay was only about 20 minutes for me, but I bought at around 6:00 PM (CST) on a weekday.

Even so, the delay was annoying. C-Points provided instant gratification. And what is there to review? If there's a legitimate security concern, why wasn't Cryptic reviewing transactions?
  • Options
    kkixxkkixx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, this system totally sucks, step 1 link accounts for 2 hours, since that system is also terrible. Set up to buy this joke of ZEN, click Visa, sends me to moneybookers ( which i had probs with before ) Reset up my account there with new info, im like YEAH! But nope, Verified by visa pops up now, oh joy, off to thier site to set up new card, same bank, same eveything cept a new number.... whats this, my card isnt accepted.... then insult to injury, Moneybookers aka Skrill locks my account and have to go through the password junk again.

Moral of the story, PWE / Cryptic isnt getting an extra $100 on top of my $30 a month.

Terrible system, Cryptics was way better. I will bet my card is good enough to charge for the $15 x 2 a month though .....

Never thought i would be mega mad at not spending money lol
  • Options
    nycathisnycathis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So now that the Buying C store stuff got fubarred out the airlock, replaced by Zen, Im finding that I now have to also register with Skrill?
    AND go through some verification process?
    AND get charged a "handling" fee of 1.9% or whatever it is cause I want to buy Zen with a Credit Card?

Anyone else seeing this or am I getting scammed?
  • Options
    jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I bought Zen twice with two different cards, Visa Debit. No register with Skrill. My purchase for both was reviewed for 5 minutes and accepted. No problems on my transaction
  • Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just to add my two cents as well...

Why does it need to take several hours to all damned day to review a purchase.... seriously...

Ya got the money, gimme what i paid for. Least with Cryptic Store Direct in only had to wait a couple minutes before i could spend money. Stop collecting interest and gimme what I paid for and collect interest on your own time.
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thankfully, PWE made it more difficult for me to purchase in game items (i.e. I have to jump through more hoops to make it happen), so thank you, PWE, in your indirect way of saving me money.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    rumblep wrote: »
    Why does it need to take several hours to all damned day to review a purchase

They do it "by hand" (pun intended).

It's only for your first purchase, if you pay by CC/debit.
    I made a purchase yesterday (first after PWE merge) via prepaidcard, got what I wanted instantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    seriously anyone know how to cancel my zen purchase has been in review for nearly 27hrs now
  • Options
    ktaylrktaylr Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yup. an hour in for google checkout,
    boku was instant.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    thoroon wrote: »
    They do it "by hand" (pun intended).

It's only for your first purchase, if you pay by CC/debit.
    I made a purchase yesterday (first after PWE merge) via prepaidcard, got what I wanted instantly.
    funny but umm no... i've got 5 to 6 purchases all this month and still waiting...

edit:
    BTW, PWE, heres a thought... how about you hire more people and work weekends in billing??? Still waiting for my 2000 zen too...
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
  • Options
    johnstonsimonjohnstonsimon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    After PWE's failure in responding in good time to enable me to buy the lifetime subscription I figured instead I might buy some Zen (CP). However it looks far too convoluted and have me yet waiting even longer to buy something as simple as a new com-badge.

I think at this point I'd be happy if I can find out how much Zen actually is. Is there a price list somewhere or I do actually have to go through the purchasing process first (ie enter CC details and whatnot) before I get any info on prices?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    After PWE's failure in responding in good time to enable me to buy the lifetime subscription I figured instead I might buy some Zen (CP). However it looks far too convoluted and have me yet waiting even longer to buy something as simple as a new com-badge.

I think at this point I'd be happy if I can find out how much Zen actually is. Is there a price list somewhere or I do actually have to go through the purchasing process first (ie enter CC details and whatnot) before I get any info on prices?
    it works like this bud $1.00=100 points
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
  • Options
    johnstonsimonjohnstonsimon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rumblep wrote: »
    it works like this bud $1.00=100 points
    Thanks for the info.

Where do I find this on the STO/PWE page?
This discussion has been closed.