What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 19, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seriously, the lockbox update comes before any of the critical bug fixes everyone is asking for since S6 was released? Is anyone even working on this anyway? Looks like adding more lockboxes is more important than the ability to play the game... :mad:

Oh, and congratulations on the procs changes, we were promised a testing period on tribble. Another promise you kept, indeed.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Seriously, the lockbox update comes before any of the critical bug fixes everyone is asking for since S6 was released? Is anyone even working on this anyway? Looks like adding more lockboxes is more important than the ability to play the game... :mad:

Indeed.

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
    CAMERA BUG!
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    >>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
  • Options
    rodneywollamrodneywollam Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No fix to the Klingon Lore bug?
    As it is, we can't get datachips and we can't take the test.
  • Options
    brodie0854brodie0854 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fix the KDF Station Watch Officer Daily with the blank freighter list!!!!!!
  • Options
    mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will the Shard of Kahless also get a scaling fix?
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wha???

According to the patch notes and what is happening today, we apparently will still be dealing with a malfunctioning Exchange, no Foundry Missions or access, as well as other bugs that are running rampant thru the sector. It would at least be nice to hear something about these issues.

Sadly, It does not look like I'm gonna be a happy camper today
    . :confused:
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    optimistprymeoptimistpryme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any chance you're going to be fixing all the many login problems that many users have listed in the PC support section? I haven't been able to log in for a day now. Was working fine until I linked my account... checked and double-checked my username (which yes I know isn't the same name as the forum, even did a username retrieval to make sure), also checked and double-checked password, even tried resetting it a couple times... and unable to login whatsoever. I get invalid username/password all the way until it says too many attempts please try again later (also the password isn't too long beyond the maximum... 12 characters). Kind of disturbing that all my progress is now locked up and unusable because I took the time to link account for that "snazzy" little bonus for doing so. I would have been better leaving it as a straight Cryptic account, and I refuse to make a PWE account from scratch to start all over again; ...when you've made your way to admiral and invested all that time, it's quite disheartening to be unable to access any of it!
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No foundry access?
    No foundry missions?
    No KDF lore bugfix?
    No Camera Fix?
    No Fleet Tribble and Breen Officer?

Ok, we have a good amount of fixes, really thanks. Really!

But nothing related about the KDF Lore problem? No word about the Camera fix?

At least, release a quick patch for this two things, asap! :)
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    lordofsteamlordofsteam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been noticing a weird thing when Queueing for a Fleet operation or STF. Sometimes when you go in with a group, it doesn't bring everyone with you. or when you leave, it doesn't bring everyone out

plus just the general lag issues make combat kinda a chore
  • Options
    vonddomvonddom Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hate to jump on the bandwaggon, and its possible devs wont even read all these comments, but no one has mentioned any fix for the turret/torpedo platform devices, i spent quite a lot getting these and find them well usefull, really hope just one on the dev team sees this and brings it up :(
  • Options
    charon1charon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So Ultraviolet is now a rarity?

...you guys know that the human eye won't be able to see that, right?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,050 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    From sall the other posts everyone feels the same ... you can add me to the list. We have spent the last 7 days submitting bug reports, posting threads regarding issues .. and it looks like we have all wasted our #!%?"%$ time. Ohh well it's their loss when player numbers start going down they will only have themselves to blame. I had decided at the beginning of this month that as I knew I would have some disposable income I would buy a lifetime subscription at the end of the month but i have decided not to now because theoretically it would be like spending money on buying a vehicle with a broken engine. PW and Star Trek Online has a long way to go to regain my faith again before I reconsider spending money on them.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For those of us that have spent countless hours making foundry missions, don't rush its relaunch. The Foundry isn't broken, the missions and editor are being reformatted to the season 6 changes to the Foundry. My main gripe, is that the current Lobi Store items are being removed. I don't understand the need for that. I for one have what I want from it, but I'm sure there are those who have been saving for something and now will lose their chance to buy it. I don't see how removing items helps anyone, even Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    WTF?

No fix for the camara issue? (changing by itself to free cam constantly)

... the only truely game breaking issue since the patch!!!!!

Should have been fixed in an emergency patch the day of release...

Come on guys, the game is unplayable like this.

TRIBBLE the exchange (not stopping anyone playing), the quest bugs (find another quest for a week), the lobi store (who cares?), and all the other nothing-more-then-an-inconvenience TRIBBLE (see last 3 points), FIX THE IMPORTANT GAME BREAKING THINGS (you know, like our view of the game)!
    dont even know what your taking about ... but the Exchange chould get a fast patch
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    • Added new rarities:
      • Unique: Gold color
      • Ultra-Rare: Ultra-Violet color

So the Ultra-rares will be turning invisible?

Mumbles something about the Treaty of Algeron, then wanders off.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    I luv the new rarities, just as I said on tribble, PLEASE make ultra-rare red instead of just another form of violet or purrple. It should be clearly differable, then it's fine. :)

I luv the new dreadies, I also luv the additions to the fleet stores. What I don't like is the fundry will not be back after this patch, butt I hope it's gunna be back soonies. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would jou please stop updating in the middle of day!!
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kriss257 wrote: »
    Would jou please stop updating in the middle of day!!

It will always be the middle of the day for someone, regardless of when they do the update. It's only two hours. Play a different game for a while, watch a movie, go for a walk. It's not the end of the world if Star Trek Online is down for a couple hours.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    It will always be the middle of the day for someone, regardless of when they do the update. It's only two hours. Play a different game for a while, watch a movie, go for a walk. It's not the end of the world if Star Trek Online is down for a couple hours.

Theres other games? :eek: WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS?
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well the have a few minutes before they break their promise AGAIN. I'm central so an hour ahead of PDT and they never have the time right on the maintence
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    I don't see any cosmetic items added to the Lobi store, but the ones that were there are going? Those are the only things I used the Lobis for mainly, lol.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, July 19th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Thanks for the update, brandon.
  • Options
    stoney3kstoney3k Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    velktra wrote: »

They might want to consider rotating the maintenance schedule so the down time won't affect the people on our side of the pond the most.

I mean, if you conduct scheduled maintenance at the end of the day (somewhere around 1600PST), it's in the middle of the night for us in Europe.
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well the have a few minutes before they break their promise AGAIN. I'm central so an hour ahead of PDT and they never have the time right on the maintence

Sorry, you are wrong. If you are in the Central Time Zone, you are 2 hours ahead of the Pacific Time Zone.

Did you forget about the Mountain Time Zone????

Time Zones in the continental United States, from West to East, are as follows: Pacific, Mountain, CENTRAL, and Eastern.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    So tell me why we needed another rarity level?

What's up with forcing us to grind even more now...so I guess all the purple grade stuff myself adn others have are useless?

Also loving how Cryptic prioritizes things...the game itself is falling apart are we get an update for lockboxes and useless aspects.. :confused: :rolleyes: :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stoney3k wrote: »
    They might want to consider rotating the maintenance schedule so the down time won't affect the people on our side of the pond the most.

I mean, if you conduct scheduled maintenance at the end of the day (somewhere around 1600PST), it's in the middle of the night for us in Europe.

TBH though being that most players are either in North America UK/Western Europe... Any time Cryptic can shut down for maintenance/being at the helm to do so... Someone is gonna be at the short end of the stick.

Although there are 2 reasons I am pretty confident are the reasons its brought down at the times it is... The first one is majority of the players play prime time/evening PST - EST time zones. The other is doing things in the morning can give different Cryptic or PWE teams all day to get it done before these Prime time players can log in (Prime time players are those who are employed with money to spend unlike myself LOL so their uptime is more important in a business sense).
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And we're patching. 393megs
    xenor002 wrote: »
    So tell me why we needed another rarity level?

Two of them in fact.
  • Options
    stoney3kstoney3k Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    TBH though being that most players are either in North America UK/Western Europe... Any time Cryptic can shut down for maintenance/being at the helm to do so... Someone is gonna be at the short end of the stick.

... But I do think it's only honest that the US players be at the short end of the stick from time to time. The world doesn't end at the Atlantic East Coast.

Also, don't forget that 1400-1600UTC is prime time for us players here in Europe.
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    brodie0854 wrote: »
    Fix the KDF Station Watch Officer Daily with the blank freighter list!!!!!!

And the KDF Station Watch Officer Daily where half the time, the cadets you inspect are bugged and you can't complete the mission past 4/5 (one cadet has everything correct, you can't discipline that cadet).
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
This discussion has been closed.