test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff XP to Fleetmarks

eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Has anyone seen one of those assignments that should put Doff Xp when you are over tier 4 towards Fleet Marks?
Post edited by eldiora on

Comments

• Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Haven't seen any so far and I've been jumping around different areas looking for anything new.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    According to Borticus while chatting with the Doffjobs channel ingame, there is supposed to be a Fleet Starbase contact that is not showing up. The contact will be a T0 or T1 starbase contact. This will be fixed in a future patch. Might be an exchange contact where X amount of CXP will be converted to 1 Fleet Mark.
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe its a mission given out by the DoFF officers at the Fleet starbases (once they are unlocked)? Gives incentive to unlock those contacts on the starbase then :-)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    did you try talking to Ferra?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Ferra just tells you that there are special missions for people who are capped on CXP. He doesn't say where they can be found.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    According to Borticus while chatting with the Doffjobs channel ingame, there is supposed to be a Fleet Starbase contact that is not showing up. The contact will be a T0 or T1 starbase contact. This will be fixed in a future patch. Might be an exchange contact where X amount of CXP will be converted to 1 Fleet Mark.

This is correct.

Heretic made the contact and assignments before his departure, but they were never properly hooked up in-game. We'll be adding them soon, and they will appear on Starbases. Watch patch notes for an update.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ferra is useless.
    If you have reached the maximum level in any Commendation category, special Assignments wll be available to you.

Those assignments wll require Commendation Points, but they will reward you with Fleet Marks. In this way, you can "spend" Commendation Points that you have above the cap.

Don't worry -- you can only receive these Assignments if you have a surplus of Commendation Points. Your Commendation level will never decrease.

So where are these special assignments? What is their rarity? Where do these assignments appear? A Fleet Starbase contact that trades CXP for Fleet Marks makes more sense than searching for assignments that only appear once a day.
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is correct.

Heretic made the contact and assignments before his departure, but they were never properly hooked up in-game. We'll be adding them soon, and they will appear on Starbases. Watch patch notes for an update.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is correct.

It's great this will be added, but I'd like to point out that unlocking such a contact in a higher tier of SB would be of very limited use.

It should be present at the SB without the need to unlock it or at worst a very early unlock (hopefully not too expensive).
    After all, do we have to unlock the ability to play Starbase blockade? Or Starbase incursion? Well, this was always advertised as one of the main (and few) ways to earn fleet marks and also is the only use for CXP after maxing all categories.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    It's great this will be added, but I'd like to point out that unlocking such a contact in a higher tier of SB would be of very limited use.

It should be present at the SB without the need to unlock it or at worst a very early unlock (hopefully not too expensive).
    After all, do we have to unlock the ability to play Starbase blockade? Or Starbase incursion? Well, this was always advertised as one of the main (and few) ways to earn fleet marks and also is the only use for CXP after maxing all categories.

Borticus said "This is Correct" to a statement that references the inclusion of this contact in either t0 or t1 starbases. So the contact will either be there right off the bat, or when you hit t1, which isn't too long of a grind. (t0 is better, and I hope that is what plays out)

Also, you do not have to unlock the blockade etc. Those are found in the PVE queue, which is now the button to the right of the DOFF button, under minimap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just hope it gets patched soon. I really don't have a reason to do any DOFF missions other than the recruitment ones till it does
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nevermind nothing here
  • Options
    szioulszioul Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Doesn't look like it's getting hooked up in tomorrow's patch, judging by the Tribble release notes. Any ETA?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Should be in the next patch after that.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    diafpwediafpwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hopefully the exchange rate won't be something insulting like 25 fleet marks for 30,000 CXP.

A single event (10-15 minutes) can net 30-32 marks. Getting 30,000 CXP takes far longer. Hopefully Cryptic will do some math and figure out a fair and proper reward.
  • Options
    plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Can you give us any more details?

Are they only available at the Starbase?
    If so, what tier do they unlock for?
    How rare will they be?
    What is the cooldown, if any?
    In general what will the exchange rate be between CXP and FM?

Thanks!
  • Options
    eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would hope the exchange rate was something akin to 10 Fleet Mark for 1000 Doff XP

But we will have to see how its setup.

My preference would be a permanent Doff contact at tier 0 of the starbase that hands out those missions like the turn in contraband. Turn in 1000 doff xp for 10 marks, duration 1 hour and you could have 1 of each commendation category running and no cooldown.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Jeremy!
    eldiora wrote: »
    I would hope the exchange rate was something akin to 10 Fleet Mark for 1000 Doff XP

But we will have to see how its setup.

My preference would be a permanent Doff contact at tier 0 of the starbase that hands out those missions like the turn in contraband. Turn in 1000 doff xp for 10 marks, duration 1 hour and you could have 1 of each commendation category running and no cooldown.
    1:100 sounds a bit low. Like diafpwe said, you can get 30 fleet marks in a single Fleet Event, while 30k cxp can take about a week. 1:10-1:25, might be more in line with the effort.
  • Options
    omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    szioul wrote: »
    Thanks Jeremy!

1:100 sounds a bit low. Like diafpwe said, you can get 30 fleet marks in a single Fleet Event, while 30k cxp can take about a week. 1:10-1:25, might be more in line with the effort.

For someone who who is capped out, 550,000 Exp at 1:100 gives you 5500fm -> 275,000 Fleet Credits

For something you've already done, can be done again, and takes minimal effort VS actively grinding fleet marks (Doffing takes minimal effort, 30-40 minutes split over 2-3 periods per day to be the most efficient) and can easily be done along side actively grinding marks.

Sure it takes longer, but it also consumes less playtime overall, its a big sandwich game. And while grinding EXP you can choose missions that also give you other things that contribute towards the base.

1:100 would be very generous.

Consider the fact it will be another 5-6 months before we can even see the "Elite" tier fleet gear (Not advanced MK XII Ultra-Rares) thats plenty of time to grind marks, especially when it starts taking more to level the starbase, everyone will have a chance to contribute even in HUUUGE fleets by tier 4.

I can see over a characters life time, maybe having to spend a total of 5-700k Fleet Marks to get everything you could possibly want (This is based on assumptions, we don't have the numbers for elite gear) barring of coarse ship collectors or other special interest. You don't want to give people too many credits to spend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's really poor form that its taken so long to turn this feature on. For players that have reached 150k we are missing out some needed Fleet Credits. Is Cryptic going to call this 'new content' when it is activated late?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I would REALLY like a reason to do DOFFing again (aside from the SFA recruitment missions) but as of now I have none. As I no longer have internet at home (for the next month or 2) as well, logging in on my laptop is my only option to play STO, and my laptop doesn't do most of the missions well, so I really have nothing to do in STO for a while. (oh well...)
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012

well its not in the patch realesed on july 23 on trible. Any news when it would be realesed?
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    And not in the Holodeck Patch notes for 26th either. Next week I guess.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    szioul wrote: »
    And not in the Holodeck Patch notes for 26th either. Next week I guess.

It is the trademark "soon" remember, meaning it could be next year even
  • Options
    x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    It is the trademark "soon" remember, meaning it could be next year even

Pray it doesn't end up like the BOff trait of Leadership. Still broken after 4 months since it was "fixed internally".
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The primary delay in getting these turned on was doing some research to determine what the proper reward level would be. We want to make the CXP turn-ins worthwhile, while also not making them the primary means of gaining Fleet Marks (we still would like you to participate in the content designed for this purpose).

We believe we've finally settled on a balanced solution, and these assignments should be hooked up and activated in the very near future.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In other words, we're not going to like the exchange rate much... but I'll take what I can get.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm going to guess it's at something like 10k commendations for 1 fleet mark.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not putting too much hope into it.
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm going to guess it's at something like 10k commendations for 1 fleet mark.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not putting too much hope into it.

10k:1 would be very disappointing. I expect the exchange rate to be disappointing, but I'd still be disappointed. I'd be able to make marks much faster by doing the daily five mark mission at the starbase. So it would be pretty much useless, although I would cash in my commendations for a few marks every long now and then.

1,000:1 would be better, but still fairly slow. I could work with that. I'd prefer something like 500:1.

100:1 would rake in the marks pretty fast, so I really don't think the devs would give us that.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    10k:1 would be very disappointing. I expect the exchange rate to be disappointing, but I'd still be disappointed. I'd be able to make marks much faster by doing the daily five mark mission at the starbase. So it would be pretty much useless, although I would cash in my commendations for a few marks every long now and then.

1,000:1 would be better, but still fairly slow. I could work with that. I'd prefer something like 500:1.

100:1 would rake in the marks pretty fast, so I really don't think the devs would give us that.

I'd be comfortable in the 1:250 to 1:500 range.

Look at it this way:
    2 Ground runs/half hour ~40 Fleet Marks = ~80 Marks/Hour

For the following CXP Conversions let's assume the person has all 11 categories capped so they will have 330,000 CXP to convert. Also, lets take the player that only plays for from 2 - 4 hrs per day and all they do are 4 ground missions per hour.

Ratio - #Fleet Marks ~Active Hrs - Active Days Equivalent

1:100 - 3,300 ~ 41.3 hrs - 10.3 - 20.6
    1:150 - 2,200 ~ 27.5 hrs - 6.9 - 13.8
    1:200 - 1,650 ~ 20.6 hrs - 5.2 - 10.3
    1:250 - 1,320 ~ 16.5 hrs - 4.1 - 8.3
    1:300 - 1,100 ~ 13.8 hrs - 3.4 - 6.9
    1:400 - 825 ~ 10.3 hrs - 2.6 - 5.2
    1:500 - 660 ~ 8.3 hrs - 2.1 - 4.1
    1:600 - 550 ~ 6.9 hrs - 1.7 - 3.4
    1:700 - 471 ~ 5.9 hrs - 1.5 - 2.9
    1:800 - 413 ~ 5.2 hrs - 1.3 - 2.6
    1:900 - 367 ~ 4.6 hrs - 1.1 - 2.3
    1:1000 - 330 ~ 4.1 hrs - 1.0 - 2.1

(Sorry for how it looks but seriously we cannot create simply tables in this forum???)

Now given this we can readily see that 1:100 through 1:200 are too imbalanced as the active playing equivalent might take as long as it would to get 30K CXP in all categories again. We can also see that anything above 1:500 does not leverage the continued use of the DOFF system enough and really should not even be considered. I know I would not even bother using the conversion once, let alone repeatedly and I am a heavy DOFFer. So I think the sweet spot is between 1:250 - 1:500 as it leverages continued use of the DOFF system enough by providing a nice bonus, but actively grinding the ground missions still pays more dividends over time. The closer it gets to the 1:250 and 1:300 mark, the more likely I am going to use the exchange. At the 1:400 and 1:500 marks I would use it occasionally, but only when I have all 11 categories maxed again.