test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many attempts, please try again later

I get this message..."Too many attempts, please try again later." Every time I try to log in.. I actually CAN'T log in atm due to this. Does anyone know what this means? Is someone else accessing or trying to access my account? What's going on? If anyone knows anything about this shoot me a post here....I'm dyin to get back to playin, and I am worried about my account. Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
Post edited by adon333 on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's the new security guard feature.

If you log in from a different computer, it locks you out and sends somekind of confirmation code to the e-mail you signed up with STO.
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited July 2012
    It's the new security guard feature.

If you log in from a different computer, it locks you out and sends somekind of confirmation code to the e-mail you signed up with STO.

No... I am not logging in from a different computer, and I was already sent a confirmation code to my email last week when the security feature came out. I completed it.. put in my number..etc.. I already did all that this is different. It just gives me that message in the log in screen....."Too many attempts, please try again later."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Then perhaps someone is trying to access your account.
    edited July 2012
    I changed my password... and I still cannot log in....<still get the same message>. I don't know what the deal is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    adon333 wrote: »
    please try again later.

You copied and pasted the answer.

You've triggered their security measures. wait a bit for it to reset.
    edited July 2012
    Security measures??? How did I trigger that? I didn't do anything, so is it someone else? Back to my original question, I guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • adventurerflickyadventurerflicky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have the exact same problem right now. I've reset my password, but I still get the error. Can anyone help?
  • warbound72488warbound72488 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am having the same issue. I did some digging and followed support's suggestions. My Experience thus far is as follows:

- Logged out of the game on my PC to eat dinner.

- Returned to my PC, attempted to log in again. Received error message.

- Researched problem online.

- Found old thread with suggestions from support as follows. Restart PC and networking clients, wait 4 - 8 hours.

- Ignored wait times, followed other instructions. Attempted to log in again. No change.

- Changed Password on account. Attempted to log in again. No Change.

- Submitted a ticket detailing the above to PWE Support.

- Repeated steps provided to other user in other thread, did not try to log in again, abandoned attempt until today.

- 12 Hours later, Attempted to log in again. No Change

- Tried same account on a different PC. No Change.

- Tried different account on both PC's, Success.

- Attempted to access Primary (broken) account on Support Site to view status of ticket. Log in on Website successful. Clicked support, then clicked my account. Link leads to a "Cannot Display Webpage" message on all browsers.

- Verified E-mail in account settings, submitted new, updated ticket to PWE Support.

After that, I came to the forums and found this. If any change occurs in my status, or should I be contacted by support about this issue, I will post my findings here.
  • warbound72488warbound72488 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Day 3 of "Too many Attempts" Issue.

UPDATE: After waiting an ancillary 12 hour period, I attempted once again to access the client. When I first logged on, the message appeared very briefly, but was then replaced by the patching screen, Once the client finished patching and "Engage" was being displayed, I attempted to progress to the game. Clicking the engage button yielded no effect. After closing the launcher and reopening it, I am presented with the "Too many attempts" message again. Still no word from support.
  • strifey79strifey79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have exactly the same issue, PWE surely needs to be there for their members instead of only accepting their money. I know for a fact that Outspark atleast types in their forums as much as they can, now I know alot of people are playing this game, but then take some volunteer mods or something. I can't play STO, but I do can play Blacklight Retribution without the error. Please kind souls have a look into this also answer my thread about not being able to logging and got the same that it says now too many attempts.
  • jorusaton1jorusaton1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This has been a NIGHTMARE.

I started playing Star Trek Online a while ago, after a hiatus. The game kept asking me to change to a Perfect World account, but I kept putting it off.

I kept logging in using my cryptic information, and I was having a LOT of fun relearning the game and getting back into things.

THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED.

I thought it'd be fun to buy a few new ships, outfits, etc. So I created a Perfect World account, and linked it with my cryptic one. Then I couldn't log in. So I thought, maybe I should change my password. So I reset my password, and verified that I was using the right user name. Then, alas, too many attempts. Really?

I just want to play the game. Perhaps more importantly to PerfectWorld... I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY. I can't do that unless you let me login.

3-5 days for a customer service response? Really? That's a long time. Please help!
    edited July 2012
    one other thing... how long do these timeouts last? Is it really DAYS before I can login again? "Please try again later" makes me think 15 minutes or so. Not a week.
  • ahnaldahnald Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This has been happening to me ever since linking Cryptic account to PW account. Immediate result of that is cannot login to game and am now getting this "Too many attempts" nonsense.

"Too many attempts" has been displaying now for hours.

Like someone said, since they don't state the duration of the lockout, you'd think this would last for 5 to 10 minutes or some typical lockout period measured in minutes; not hours, days or weeks.

I called a phone number for PW. After listening to the prompts, I pressed "0" to reach the operator (as prompted) and was immediately dumped in to voice mail. Four similar attempts like this over the course of 7 hours and got the same thing.

Perfect World is being very dodgy and misleading.
    edited July 2012
    yep, this is continuing for me. It doesn't help that we all have 3 different user ids now.

Does anyone know exactly WHICH perfect World id I should be using? I've been using Jorusaton1 (like in my name here.) Should I use a different one...?

I'm SO confused, and I feel like everyone's just being ignored on this. :(
  • strifey79strifey79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The name that you see here on the forum isn't the LOGIN ID, but the ID you're familiar with on the forums and the website. To login to the game you need to use the Username you put in to login to the website.
  • ahnaldahnald Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They make it ridiculously confusing.

Somewhere in the FAQ for troubleshooting login problems, they state to be sure we are using our account username and not our forum name/ID when logging in to the game.

BUT, when you login to the web site to manage your own account, the top of the screen displays your forum name. No place on the screen or in account management could I actually see my own username, only forum name.

You can recover your username here https://register.perfectworld.com/account/forgotid.

They claim to have over 180 people working for them. Here's hoping PW gets some of them working on this soon. Feels like no one is home.
    edited July 2012
    Yea. It's kind of ridiculous that if my account gets locked, I have to wait days and days just to get it unlocked.

Good to know that it's NOT the one in the upper right of the forum.

and yea, they DO make it confusing. Still locked out. Any clue how long this takes? I haven't been able to play the game for 3 days now....
  • optimistprymeoptimistpryme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ahnald wrote: »
    This has been happening to me ever since linking Cryptic account to PW account. Immediate result of that is cannot login to game and am now getting this "Too many attempts" nonsense.

"Too many attempts" has been displaying now for hours.

Like someone said, since they don't state the duration of the lockout, you'd think this would last for 5 to 10 minutes or some typical lockout period measured in minutes; not hours, days or weeks.

I called a phone number for PW. After listening to the prompts, I pressed "0" to reach the operator (as prompted) and was immediately dumped in to voice mail. Four similar attempts like this over the course of 7 hours and got the same thing.

Perfect World is being very dodgy and misleading.

^^ Same exact problem here. I went on hiatus from STO for about 3-6 months; during which time the rights went to PWE I guess. I played STO for about a week just using my Cryptic info and putting off linking accounts. Now, I have a "standard" and "college" email that I use. I wanted to link my Cryptic account (which uses my "standard" email) to my PWE account also registered with the "standard" email. Having not played a PWE product in forever, I requested a password retrieval, and received nothing. When doing password retrieval on Cryptic, the email came right away. After waiting 12-16 hours for a password reset email from PWE, I submitted a ticket, and within a couple minutes the confirmation email of the ticket was sent to my "standard" email right away. This was four days ago, so today, since they have that "SNAZZY" reward for linking accounts, I decided to link my Cryptic account (still using "standard" email address) to my registered PWE account which uses my "college" email address; it worked, or at least said successful. Then upon attempting to login, when I try to enter my Cryptic login info, it says to use my PWE account, when I try to use my PWE account it says invalid username or password, or did for the first few times; now I'm stuck at the "please try again later" BS nonsense.

To top it off, my fiance is able to log right into her STO without any problems... of course, she JUST started playing STO, and her account was originally created via PWE to begin with. :/
    edited July 2012
    Reposting from another thread.... but.... Problem resolved.

You get a nice "we're really sorry" bundle for linking your cryptic account to your perfect world one, I thought that was a nice touch.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Everybody else able to get online now?
  • jerdanzombienerdjerdanzombienerd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I linked my accounts a few days ago... Was able to log in fine last night.

On my first attempted login this morning, I got the same error "too many attempts, please try again later" This was 3 hours ago.

I've tried 2-3 times at varied intervals with no luck.

I've even tried just launching the client instead of using the launcher, but that just sticks at trying to contact account server, then times out.

This is ridiculous. I put in a ticket and get a response that it could take 2-3 days for a response... Probably not including weekends.

Yay.
  • borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I linked my accounts a few days ago... Was able to log in fine last night.

On my first attempted login this morning, I got the same error "too many attempts, please try again later" This was 3 hours ago.

I've tried 2-3 times at varied intervals with no luck.

I've even tried just launching the client instead of using the launcher, but that just sticks at trying to contact account server, then times out.

This is ridiculous. I put in a ticket and get a response that it could take 2-3 days for a response... Probably not including weekends.

Yay.

Ya Unfortunately unless you paid for the Lifetime Subscription Cryptic really couldn't care about your Problem as you'll be likely lowest on the Priority list to help then again thats why i would Never Link an account id just make a new one if it came to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • optimistprymeoptimistpryme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jorusaton1 wrote: »
    Reposting from another thread.... but.... Problem resolved.

You get a nice "we're really sorry" bundle for linking your cryptic account to your perfect world one, I thought that was a nice touch.

Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Everybody else able to get online now?

As far as I know, they already had a "gift pack" just for linking (with the plans of everything going smooth), or is there an additional gift pack beyond that one?

To update, I'm able to get in now... well, so far; I'm past the username/password screen and it's currently patching/updating. I'm not sure if they fixed it purposely with today's update, or if it was a fluke that finally got fixed when the servers got restarted... there was one thread I recall reading, where a user had mentioned that they think the login server for STO is slow to update, and any form of a password change, maybe even an account linking could take a day or two to fully process... just be ready for maybe *possible* downtime should you link your account or change your password once it's a PWE account. (Kind of wondering since the Cryptic data is stored, if it's some sort of sync up between the Cryptic info and PWE info... as in I'm guessing people who made just straight PWE accounts without any Cryptic background aren't going to have this issue.)
  • penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well I linked my account today and after having this problem I found this thread.
    (and apparently I have time traveled too...)
    Welcome, penclrtist.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
    ... but I digress.

After getting this error I tried logging into a different account with the same result. I tried typing in a fictitious login and got the same "Too many attempts..." message instead of some sort of incorrect password/user name error I would have expected. Since the server went down for maintenance I decided to try it again to see what it would do and it still gives the same "Too many attempts..." message. Hopefully this issue will resolve itself after downtime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sacerd75sacerd75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So... did this ever get resolved? I ask cause I am having the same issue.
  • deikkukonokideikkukonoki Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    I am currently having the same issue with Champions Online, PWE have the worst customer service ever.
    They are not going to get back to you, that is a guarantee. I have taken out several support tickets during my time gaming with PWE and not once have I had a reply. I usually resolve the issues myself, sure it's not a problem is I resolve it myself but they don't know I've resolved it.

The best way to get them to do anything about it is the following, if you have a subscription where you are paying a monthly membership for any of the games they offer make sure you always ALWAYS! take it out with PayPal. The reason is simple, When they TRIBBLE you over like this, they really don't care. So long as they get money out of you.
    They do care, however. When you are taking your money back from them. PayPal is the only payment service that offers the chance to dispute anything.
    PayPal is your support ticket in effect. What you all need to do is hang your membership on the line and tell them, if I can't play. Then I want my money back for the membership I am not getting and I wont pay for anything from you again if I am going to see problems like this that wont be resolved in the future.
    I've already done it and I've only had this problem for a day now. No security measure should be that bad.
  • coldragocoldrago Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i am ing the problem too many attempts please try again later please help
  • shamalama60shamalama60 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seems this problem hasn't completely gone away. I just got it today. I did the flushIP thing to no avail. I submitted a ticket (which we know takes a long time). I'm just going to turn everything off tonight, go to bed, and try again tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • delfinik123delfinik123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hello, I got this same error today (after game crash)
    "Too many attempts, please try again later."

I solved it by turning off&on my home DSL router (I got new IP address).
    and it looks like everything is working fine right now.

PS: So the problem is that you probably get IP ban on some IDS/Firewall...
    It happened to me after the game crashed, so PWE should probably try to fix this :)

Cheers :D
  • gr00ve74gr00ve74 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For 2 days now I can't log into STO I keep getting the following Error " Too many log in attempts: Please try again later"

I tried to sub to STO and I can't get that to work some kind of browser code and it just goes in circles.

At this point I have tried:

1 Modem/router/ network reset I have At&T

2 change PW

3 tried new account with different e-mail

4. complete uninstall/reinstall

5. tried through both Steam and Arc

6. Submitted ticket no reply

At this point I am at a complete loss. Was hoping to sub and enjoy STO this weekend?

looks as if that is a not going to happen :(

Can anyone help me out please?
  • yunquaahyunquaah Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same problem here. Been logged in all morning with no issues. Had to leave for a bit, and when I came back I cannot login... with this same error message :S