• gryspeertgryspeert Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    no fix yet hope this happens soon :(
    My Imaginary Friend commited suicide
    Pick your superstition sit back make a wish and Enjoy yourself
    Ah, it's great to be young and insane!
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am disappoint... I have very few photonics, but a buttload of purple officers with appropriate skills. I failed the first attempt, and hope to be able to reattempt it soon. It tasks me, it does.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sussethrai wrote: »
    I am disappoint... I have very few photonics, but a buttload of purple officers with appropriate skills. I failed the first attempt, and hope to be able to reattempt it soon. It tasks me, it does.

It's a union gig. You're getting backlash.

Could always buy holonovels from the exchange and pop them. It's a 4 hour assignment and you get one of the Hamlet doffs out of them.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hopefully it will be fixed in a near future patch.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2012
    hopefully it will be fixed in a near future patch.

Hopefully. If you skim the past discussion, it;s been fixed but for whatever reason, it;s not been pushed out.
    edited July 2012
    Well, the Devs say they found the problem, but the fix apparently isn't live yet. Today's patch? hopefully.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The fix was in the patch notes, has anyone retried it?
    I'm paranoid of running it without knowing for certain it can be retried. :P
  • kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »

Started 2 of my guys on it, will let you know in ~5h
    edited July 2012
    the buig was in not being able to repeat it. I just got it to start sooo.... YAY! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I did it. Got a success but it's greyed out atm with no sign of when it will be up again. I'm guessing 20 hours or whatever.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I tried it once, and two of my officers got injured...that's one hell of a Hamlet performance! Wish I could have seen it, lol.
  • ellebowskigrandeellebowskigrande Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seems to be all fixed -- I was able to repeat the mission after yesterday's patch and got a critical success with Shakespeare as a reward. Thanks for the fix!!
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    whats the cooldown?
    edited July 2012
    whats the cooldown?

Was wondering that as well. Been a few days and it;s still grayed out.
    edited July 2012
    week? (not sure either)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't quote me on this, But it looks like its somewhere in the neighborhood of 72 hours. Almost 100% sure it isn't an entire week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    omgajjerot wrote: »
    Don't quote me on this, But it looks like its somewhere in the neighborhood of 72 hours. Almost 100% sure it isn't an entire week.
    I'll remember that you said that. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The reason is that William Shakespeare is a Unique doff. If you could repeat it, and try and get him multiple times, the assignment would never complete on successive times through because the rewards would be unable to be granted.

We'd like to make it repeatable, but there are limitations. If we can figure out a way around them, we'll likely change it so that the repeatable version has a chance to grant the Unique Doff on Crit. No promises, though.
    I got the chance. Because I didn't know, because I thought it was like any doff asignment. I spent 19 or 20 (I don't remind how much) purple doff with right skill/abilities and I failed. So you mean there is only one chance?! So then I lost my only chance getting this special doff.
    it's a pity. As usually you make the game unfair...
    edited July 2012
    No... you can do version1 until you crit and get Shakespeare. Then you do version 2.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2012
    Still grayed out.

Come on. I had to read this crud in high school and college and grad school. Do you know what it'll be like to chuck his doff out the airlock?
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The reason is that William Shakespeare is a Unique doff. If you could repeat it, and try and get him multiple times, the assignment would never complete on successive times through because the rewards would be unable to be granted.

We'd like to make it repeatable, but there are limitations. If we can figure out a way around them, we'll likely change it so that the repeatable version has a chance to grant the Unique Doff on Crit. No promises, though.

Strange.... I crit it on the first try, got Will. I repeated the mission and crit it a second time and got a Blue Vulcan Entertainer Hologram. Seems it is fixed somewhere...

Edit: Missed the part about it being patched
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm finally attempting this assignment to try an alternate method of obtaining the purple entertainment holos I am after.
    That's because the Special Deals are just failure after failure and combined with the 7 day cooldown, I need something more efficient.

But I have no official information on the cooldown.

72hours seems a bit much.

But it's better then 7 days and I don't have to go randomly hunting the assignment, since I know where it is.

Mind you, I still have to crit it the first time to unlock the Repeatable.
    That could take a while!

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    edited May 2013
    It's a long CD, I'm not quite sure how long. One of my chars has yet to get Shakespeare from it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried this mission and it sent 3 blue officers to sickbay. I haven't seen entertainment with such potential for injury since Brick Tamland's celebrity golf tournament. :)

-Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I'm expecting to spend a long time trying to crit this.

I've never critted more then 7 assignments on the first try.

Considering how many hundreds I've done, that's probably less then 1% of my total assignments.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • l9of20l9of20 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have SEVERAL cast members of the mission and still fail it every time. I have First, Second, and Third players, Cornelius, Fortinbras, Reynaldo, Claudius, Gertrude, Ghost of Hamlet's Father, Laertes, Polonius, and Hamlet, Prince of Denmark. And all my other officers that I assign to this mission are either rare of very rare officers with critical success abilities needed. Every single time I go and check on it after it completes, I ALWAYS get a Failure to it. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why does that ALWAYS happen?
    C&C of the Federation Outsiders
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    l9of20 wrote: »
    ... I ALWAYS get a Failure to it. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why does that ALWAYS happen?
    In advance payback of you resurrecting an 8-month old thread, perhaps?
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax