test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6: Under Siege is live!

Comments

• hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Season 6 is live and great! Superb job cryptic!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • sabrina0starsabrina0star Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    how many patches are there? first i had to download a 4 gb patch then a 1 gb patch now im downloading a 2 gb patch. this is crazy! whats going on?
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm having a blast here, I can assign a DOFF to multiple missions now, well done Pakled World, well done.... :D

Ok sarcasm over, yeah the bugs from the usual resulting train wreck of pushing out a release early that simply just wasnt ready are here and live...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • fireallphasersfireallphasers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    how many patches are there? first i had to download a 4 gb patch then a 1 gb patch now im downloading a 2 gb patch. this is crazy! whats going on?

You aren't missing much
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You guys didn't fix the Armitage paint colors... Still can't access #6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    I'm having a blast here, I can assign a DOFF to multiple missions now, well done Pakled World, well done.... :D

Ok sarcasm over, yeah the bugs from the usual resulting train wreck of pushing out a release early that simply just wasnt ready are here and live...

can a doff really do multiple assignments now?!?! thats great if its true!
    edited July 2012
    whats with everything being more expensive in the c-store now???
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    whats with everything being more expensive in the c-store now???

There was a conversion to Zen. Your balance, and all prices, was converted into the PWI currency. It's a bit confusing, as the currency unit icon still has a giant C in it, as if it were Cryptic Points.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • paranoid001paranoid001 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I meant nothing to anyone. If I offended anyone :P Its just that I am used to seeing everyone on forums and saying anything under the sun. I used to play EvE online and those patch days are horrible! Now being 4728 out of 10000 ppl in Q kinda sucks....then being kicked fromt he line on top of that
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Our latest content update, Season 6: Under Siege, is now live on Holodeck! To read about what you can experience in this update, check out our overview page here.

Also, you can check out the full Release Notes here.

Link to the overview page.

Called it on Monday when I saw pre-patching was enabled. Given everything else and TWO patches to Tribble yesterday; I was 99% sure Saeson 6 would launch after the CP to Zen conversion downtime.

What I don't get is why they just didn't announce it was coming after the dwntime today, yesterday.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • harleymichaelsharleymichaels Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oops....wrong box.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Good lord, you guys like to complain about the stupidest things. . .

Here's some simple math for you folks: New season + lots of bored players = massive traffic, beyond what the servers normally handle.

Just sit down and be patient. . .sheesh.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited July 2012
    Good lord, you guys like to complain about the stupidest things. . .

Here's some simple math for you folks: New season + lots of bored players = massive traffic, beyond what the servers normally handle.

Just sit down and be patient. . .sheesh.

You forget that most of use have been here for every season, and it has never been any different hence why we complain so much.
    it is very hard not to when cryptic, who should have learned after the first, second, third, fourth, fifth and now sixth time, didn't.

I have to give it to Cryptic though. When they fail, they do it in EPICNESS to which no other company could ever match.
    At least they will be remembered for one thing, Failing hard! :cool:
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Our latest content update, Season 6: Under Siege, is now live on Holodeck! To read about what you can experience in this update, check out our overview page here.

I wish it was "Live" for some of us. STO has been a living hell the past few weeks. The game constantly crashes, even after updating my laptop. Myself, some of my fleet members and other posters on these forums would like to be able to play STO. And I'm supposed ot be one of the top members in my fleet....not really 'ok' with me constantly crashing and not being around... :(
  • abyssinainabyssinain Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    LOL, some fleets cant even set projects.

How do you break perfectly working code by moving it to another practically identical server.
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    abyssinain wrote: »
    How do you break perfectly working code by moving it to another practically identical server.
    How many fleets are there on Tribble compared to on Holodeck?

Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing would've happened on Tribble, but there were so few testers no-one discovered it... or even if someone was unlucky enough to get the bug, they thought "meh, someone else will report it, surely" and just wandered back to Holodeck.
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited July 2012
    im sure its because there are tomany fed fleets, because i dont have the problem on kdf or tribble

cant manage project, i cant even change the sb name or leave a msg below it !

the problem started at the startup lag

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=307301
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How do we claim our Tribble testing rewards they should be released as well now right?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ready to quit this game after today, not in the best mood...I'll see how it goes tomorrow.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At first I was unhappy as the timing of the update took up an entire UK afternoon and evening destroying the best time for us around those timezones, but now I see that poor foresight from our new overlords has done the same to the americans who always get off easy on the update timing.

Kind of brings a nice balance to it all.

Dont worry iam sure we will be given some free lock boxes as a consolation prize.
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At first I was unhappy as the timing of the update took up an entire UK afternoon and evening destroying the best time for us around those timezones, but now I see that poor foresight from our new overlords has done the same to the americans who always get off easy on the update timing.

Kind of brings a nice balance to it all.

Dont worry iam sure we will be given some free lock boxes as a consolation prize.

Guess what I'm gonna do in October... Play AC III and kill all the British in the game >.>

Kind of brings a balance to it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nice bit of xenophobic behaviour to round off this thread. Grow up.
  • cornuthaumcornuthaum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The maintenance time -were- terrible. Starting maintenance at 3pm local time is just sad, so sad ;_;

But now shiny, shiny new things are here for us all to enjoy. :D
  • tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Assuming, of course, the servers are stable and not undergoing maintenance.
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012

Well you got it all: ? overview page and patch notes but there is one thing missing

Oh Yeah A PREVIEW TRAILER
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Some problems with the Season 6, bug report:

- A long time to patch your game, making game timeout a lot of times, or server not responding and timeout soon after.

- A lot of messages "Login_Duplicete_Sucess" after changing your char.

- A great amount of lag while your are trading, buying or selling things in the Exchange, Replicator, Mail or trade window. You have at least a lag of 2-5 seconds.

- Duty Officers problems: You get a lot of lag while you are handling with many duty missions, having a lag of 2-6 seconds, making a nasty bug: You can join two or more times in the same mission, but after some moments all cloned missions become fail. You can't duplicate any Duty Officer, but you can send others and get all back.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • raerraer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You aren't missing much

same deal: i patched 393Mb/1.1Gb in 3.5hours
    then got dumped,

now patched 115Mb/393Mb in the last 81 minutes,
    prob take another 3 hours
    then:
    IF can get past Login;
    maybe get stuck in "Retrieve Char Map"
    IF past that also;
    i'l join the Q of 12,000++ :)
  • weedoxweedox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well this sucks. Since the update, I can't update anything. The launcher starts and then it just crashes. Been behaving like that since the update yesterday. I can't do nothing.

Yeah, thanx a bunch, it's great when you put out something that doesn't work at all.

:mad:
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I still can't log in. Still crashes when loading my characters.
  • mrichardsmrichards Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just wanted to say that I'm VERY impressed with the new tweaks and changes! Well worth the wait and in my opinion, the time it took to do it was pretty fast! Maintenance times give me a chance to catch up on the forums lol. So, thanks so much for the wonderful things you do and give us!! You have my support all the way!! Keep up the great work! :D