Options

Season 6: Under Siege is live!

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Quick question to devs and players alike:
    How does one get to run a fleet starbase when all rights only get bestowed on
    the single highest ranking officer if that one has been inactive even before
    Season 6 went live? Is my fleet supposed to wait for implementation + 30 days
    or is there a way to solve this problem otherwise?

And sorry folks, a "change your fleet, come to ours" is not the option I'm
    looking into. ;)

@devs
    Besides: Looking at the map of the starbase ops, isn't there a table and
    seating supposed to be where right now only some consoles and a glass wall
    stand?
    Not to mention an action/"f"-key trigger hovering mid-air, unreachable for
    anyone. ;)

Other than that, I like what I see..

Regards,
    Vinterthorn

If your leader hasn't been on for weeks, your kinda screwed, sorry.. but I've seen it happen alot, people made new fleets because the leader wasn't on, or when he/she did come on, they didn't change lead or other things so the rest can still play and stuff..

So.. my advice.. make a new fleet, or wait untill whenever your leader may ever come online again.. IF he/she even comes on that is..
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kiarasena wrote: »
    14th maintenance was totally useless.

:mad:We are rubberbanding, lagging like hell, and this did not happen till after Season 6 came.
    DO SOME USEFULL MAINTENANCE THIS TIME, thank you..
    Season 6 is full of bugs.. :(

I don't think that's got to do with the maintenance, but due to the overcrowding of the servers due to everyone being on at the same time on account of everyone wanting to try Season 6. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't think that's got to do with the maintenance, but due to the overcrowding of the servers due to everyone being on at the same time on account of everyone wanting to try Season 6. :)

Then Cryptic fails on another point.. Player Hosting.
    Apparently the server(s) can't handle the amount of players.. it's time for them to start expanding.
  • Options
    svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fix your ****ing game PWE. Get off your TRIBBLE's, and make your team work overtime. Getting sick of it all, and so is everyone else.
  • Options
    meridian113meridian113 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 6 full name must be : Wallet under Siege
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic, would it be possible to donate more than one Data Sample/Particle Trace/Doff to a Fleet Project at a time? I had to donate 26 Particle Traces today and clicking four times for each is a bit uncomfortable.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah that is a pain - to reduce the number of clicks place your left hand on the ESC key. Click Ok then Esc and repeat 100x to donate 100 samples for a little workaround lol.

Other than the above niggling bit (an oversight on the contribution system perhaps, and easily solved), S6 has been delivering a vastly improved team / community experience just about right off the bat.

There are a lot of new ship build and tactical possibilities with the new fleet missions; no longer are the maps fully DPS-centric because a mix of riot control, healing and firepower is required for success against overwhelming odds.

New tactics come into play, because combat is mobile and battles can get very drawn out .. unless you implement a RL-derived CEC doctrine. :)

As for the logistical issues (real money etc), nah, just use a bit of strategic prepositioning tricks like the Army does IRL. Pre-cache resources (be they doffs etc) and appoint quartermasters and intel officers to manage the fleet holdings.

The only thing that is an issue now is the broken (?) exchange that doesn't seem to be listing new trade items correctly, leading to vast undersupply and cost inflation that is hopefully temporary.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    akaar2akaar2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic, would it be possible to donate more than one Data Sample/Particle Trace/Doff to a Fleet Project at a time? I had to donate 26 Particle Traces today and clicking four times for each is a bit uncomfortable.

Agreed you have sliders for other things, why not this.
  • Options
    rtiberiurtiberiu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does anybody have (one or more of) the following problems:
    1. cannot but items like doffs or keys or contraband from exchange with FED or KDF alt
    2. often the contribute to fleet mission window does opens but does not load the doff or the items. Window remains open but nothing happens.
    3. my KDF alt cannot complete the Lore mission anymore. I have the mission, i see the console icon at the academy but the dialog where i can choose 'Test your knowledge' does not popup anymore

What should i do? Should i open a ticket?

Thank you
  • Options
    erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I raised a support ticket concerning the issues with the exchange and recieved the standard response template asking me to verify game files, turn off on demand patching etc. Of course, I have followed their advice and reported back. I know this issue is experienced by everyone in my fleet and the Star Trek Online twitter account acknowledges this is an issue currently being investigated. All we can do is report the bugs and hope the devs can come up with a solution in good time.
  • Options
    captainkirk300captainkirk300 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yay season 6 we have to spend moths to get a full starbase now :/ ill contribute anything but my doffs those are mime
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As your fleet base levels up, you will run into more varieties of enemies.

At what point do we unlock access to more enemies? My starbase has reached Tier 1, and we're still running into Klingons and Orions and nobody else.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    erocen wrote: »
    All we can do is report the bugs and hope the devs can come up with a solution in good time.

LOL

2 weeks later and any view other then "free cam" is still completely unplayable...

on the bright side, at least they found time to add new lock boxes (and then patch their tooltip)...
    >>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<