Install Arc
Options

Season 6: Under Siege is live!

Comments

• Options
    ackreedackreed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dear Cryptic,

first i must say the work what you do with Season is very impressive, i have not see all, but i must say the base are very cool.

But i have on Question and this is a critic point to the new Starbases.

How many Starbases they we are see in Star Trek were in empty Space. So i would be mean 0. So it would cool when our Starbases be around a planet like in your news "Under Siege is live". Why they have planets and in the game they are missing?

Greetings

Jack
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ackreed wrote: »
    But i have on Question and this is a critic point to the new Starbases.

How many Starbases they we are see in Star Trek were in empty Space. So i would be mean 0. So it would cool when our Starbases be around a planet like in your news "Under Siege is live". Why they have planets and in the game they are missing?

I second this.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    vonddomvonddom Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    might be a dumb question, but where do i go to see these new starbases? do i need to be in a fleet to see them etc?
  • Options
    tatica318tatica318 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    does anyone know if you are able to customize your fleets starbase at all?
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Why you cant sit at chairs at starbase ready room?:eek:
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    vonddom wrote: »
    might be a dumb question, but where do i go to see these new starbases? do i need to be in a fleet to see them etc?

You can access Fleet Starbases at the "Federation Starbase system" in Eta Eridani. But yes, you have to be in a fleet.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any chance on getting an ETA from the DEV's as to when the Exchange is going to start functioning again?
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    spencereldenspencerelden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On the whole, Season 6 is great! Lots of new things to do. My only gripes so far are:

1) Klingons in the Starbase Incursions should not shout "I surrender!" before beaming out. All of us know that's something a Klingon warrior would never do.

2) Fleet credits and the leaderboards have a bias towards fleet leaders. They're the ones who add the projects, so they're the ones who get all the criteria filled first. This seems highly unfair towards the rest of the fleet.

That's all so far...
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will crashes be adressed? I saw a patch for stability...don't see the fruits of that labor.
  • Options
    saxon001saxon001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another successful season release from Cryptic:(

Never, in my 20 years of working in IT change/release management, Have I ever witnessed such poor testing and release management from a company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    capthaydencapthayden Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, at least it sounds like they FINALLY fired the old Starfleet Security instructor at the academy and brought in someone who knows how to make redshirts more durable.

Bout frickin time!

No more redshirts beaming down, looking at the fire fight and saying "Yup, I'm outta here."

WOOHOO!
    Foundry missions: "Salvaged" and "Preemption (Federation)" brought to you by the former "Tom_Riker01".

"An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback." ~Data
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I still can't log in. Still crashes when loading my characters.

No change whatsoever.
  • Options
    akumatronakumatron Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have been able to log in fine.
  • Options
    whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know if its timezone related but the game has been close to unplayable for the past couple of hours here in the UK with constant disconnects, wasn't that bad last night.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anyone know how to lvl up a starbase military sci and engi is going up but fleet xp still 0?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    speaking of which, I noticed the Tholian mission accolades were on tribble but not on the main.....
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Is it just me, or does the "Fleet Alert" mission only use Klingon and Orion mobs? I've played it five times so far.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it just me, or does the "Fleet Alert" mission only use Klingon and Orion mobs? I've played it five times so far.

You're not the only one. That's all I've seen too. And I've only seen Orions on Starbase Incursion.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012

As your fleet base levels up, you will run into more varieties of enemies.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Thanks for the response. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Does that mean the same one over and over until then?

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    patrickkillianpatrickkillian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How can i become fleet xp?

have military xp and all but sxp is still zero :(

Plz help me
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    How can i become fleet xp?

have military xp and all but sxp is still zero :(

Plz help me

same here ?

:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yep, Season 6 is here, live, and guess what? Still has all the bugs and annoyance's that were pointed out during the Testing phase.
    Why even bother testing if you're not going to do anything about the bugs before going live?
    Its a pattern...Such and such episode/season/ship/whatever is announced, step 2: "Test", and finally step 3: make it live while ignoring all feedback.
    And you wonder why theres always so many threads about people getting ticked off.
    You still have bugs out there from game launch.
    You all really that incompetent and uncaring? Why don't you hand over the reigns to someone that knows what they're doing, and can get the job done right the first time.
  • Options
    meslamteameslamtea Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, I have the same problem that I have been repeatedly encountering. That is, the lack of information presented. Having been playing against the Tholians (who are neat btw) I wanted to get more Fleet Marks. Hovering the mouse over the fleet marks icon resulted in the rather lacking description of getting fleet marks by defending starbases, high tier duty officer assignments and other select missions. That was NOT helpful at all. The description might as well have read, "You get fleet marks by doing stuff." Once again I have to minimize the game or more likely quit in frustration, to look up the information online. At a source other than Cryptic or Perfect World by the way. So I am back where I started. Wanting to get fleet marks and no idea how to do it. I have done the outdoors tholian missions many times. Nothing there. I guess the interior missions give them? Not. A. Clue. Which is really frustrating. Still, the Tholians are neat. One question though. What is the liquid on the demon planet? Not water obviously.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Holy TRIBBLE on a stick. I have been at a loss as to how to access the starbase. I only saw the transwarp link which doesn't work so as far as I knew I had no way to access the starbase. I just assumed that it wasn't quite built yet since we have no fleet xp. then reading a few posts above as to how the feds access theirs I looked on the map, zoomed all the way in and son of a.... there is a system marked klingon fleet. Guess what? When I clicked on that I went to my fleet's starbase. Who knew? Sure as H**L not me. Why? Nothing in game. No link no tab nothing in all of the fleet starbase UI. I am obviously a casual player, how to access starbases and whatever the heck else is going on in this game might be obvious to those with lots of time to play. But come on, nothing? Not a tab in the UI? No link, hint or anything? For F$@k$ sake.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    One more thing. I might be getting too picky but would it hurt to label the turbolift? Some officer sends me to the tactical level to inventory stuff (cause that is what a general does in his spare time i guess) without any indication as to how to get there. Oh I found it after running into every door on the damned station. I'm a fraking general, didn't anyone think to send me a floorplan? I'll admit that a klingon help desk is just a disruptor turret.....but some help would be lovely.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    meslamtea wrote: »
    Ok, I have the same problem that I have been repeatedly encountering. That is, the lack of information presented. Having been playing against the Tholians (who are neat btw) I wanted to get more Fleet Marks. Hovering the mouse over the fleet marks icon resulted in the rather lacking description of getting fleet marks by defending starbases, high tier duty officer assignments and other select missions. That was NOT helpful at all. The description might as well have read, "You get fleet marks by doing stuff." Once again I have to minimize the game or more likely quit in frustration, to look up the information online. At a source other than Cryptic or Perfect World by the way. So I am back where I started. Wanting to get fleet marks and no idea how to do it. I have done the outdoors tholian missions many times. Nothing there. I guess the interior missions give them? Not. A. Clue. Which is really frustrating. Still, the Tholians are neat. One question though. What is the liquid on the demon planet? Not water obviously.

any of the new content will give u fleet marks for doing them.

tho after many hours of grinding i thought hey will do some stf only to realise u dont get fleet marks for doing stf so all old content has been made pointless.

would be nice if we could turn some edc or salavge to trade for fleet marks that way it would not be a waste of time playing old content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xvinterthornxxvinterthornx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Quick question to devs and players alike:
    How does one get to run a fleet starbase when all rights only get bestowed on
    the single highest ranking officer if that one has been inactive even before
    Season 6 went live? Is my fleet supposed to wait for implementation + 30 days
    or is there a way to solve this problem otherwise?

And sorry folks, a "change your fleet, come to ours" is not the option I'm
    looking into. ;)

@devs
    Besides: Looking at the map of the starbase ops, isn't there a table and
    seating supposed to be where right now only some consoles and a glass wall
    stand?
    Not to mention an action/"f"-key trigger hovering mid-air, unreachable for
    anyone. ;)

Other than that, I like what I see..

Regards,
    Vinterthorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    14th maintenance was totally useless.

:mad:We are rubberbanding, lagging like hell, and this did not happen till after Season 6 came.
    DO SOME USEFULL MAINTENANCE THIS TIME, thank you..
    Season 6 is full of bugs.. :(