test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Queues

13»

Comments

• osprey501osprey501 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Right know I'm at 2369 out of 3363(and going up).

I kinda fine this stupid. I've seen online games work an hour after a huge update. I can agree with some of you saying just wait until tomorrow, but the fact is we shouldn't really have to there was no official releases date for this patch(That I know of). They should of had a notice saying the server will be down on 7-12-12 from #Am-#Pm, days before the update. Instead we got this notice the same day we all tried to log on today.

I'm 580 out of 4021 and just log on. It was a 10min wait. :D
  • thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is just a temporary issue, yes (am asking you long time, STO players)?
    Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
  • hcd01hcd01 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We waited the majority of the day for the maintenance, and now everyone wants a piece of the action, so how long is this queuing going to last? Honestly atm I couldn't care less about S6, all I want is my Daily Missions and farming and my DL / Zen to increase so I can buy stuff...

Anyone got an idea?
  • cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hcd01 wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea?

Yes, buy a lifetime sub and get priority in queue.
  • article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    keep posting that should do it
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah, but having the lifetime priority still isn't doing any favors, not with this large a queue

the queue should be gone tomorrow, or the day after at the latest... but by logining in when most people are asleep (and by most, i mean the US timezones), the queue shouldn't even be needed
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    I remember the login queue back when the game first went F2P. Its what happens when a sudden influx of players try to log on. The only reason you never experienced it before is because the influx of new players died down since then, and now a major patch has the whole playerbase waiting to get back in just so they can be the first to experience the first new major content in months.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, buy a lifetime sub and get priority in queue.

I have a temporary Gold membership that supposedly has "Priority Login " and even that's not helping a lot -- I get disconnected from the server when I get to the top of the queue anyways.