test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Queues

jimmyjames81196jimmyjames81196 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I am 411 out of 2808! why is this happening this is stupid!!

So i have to wait?
Post edited by jimmyjames81196 on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to Queue Trek Online. :D
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's happening because they're still having server issues, and 2400 people are logging in at once.

The same reason people are getting "Server Not Responding", or getting disconnected without warning.

• kerayu12kerayu12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yea dunno how lifetime queue priority works or if it even does here
  • monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I thought that Gold members received priority login...I've been waiting entirely too long.

UPDATE: the queue finally ran out, and I got a "duplicate login success" error, and kicked back to the login screen. This is getting silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • highteehightee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yep, and when you get in odds are you will get disconnected. welcome to season 6! :D

Atleast your ahead of 2200 other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey at least you get to that point. I am still stuck at retrieving characters and then timeout, log back in, wait for retrieving characters, wash, rinse and repeat.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know. i pay every month and now i have to wait in a queue?! How many FTPers are on and I'm waiting! This is just flat out wrong. Period.:mad:
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Think of it this way, you're one of the 2800 who are being held in the hand of the prophets until the time is right. See you in 40 years...
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    at least none of you are 3447 :(
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    monsh wrote: »
    I thought that Gold members received priority login...I've been waiting entirely too long.

Well considering that I went into the queue at 573rd out of more than 3000, I reckon we are, there's just not enough room for all of us. An F2P player would probably start right at the bottom.

Same thing happened at F2P launch. Don't remember seeing them after 2 days.
  • nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been stuck at 813 out of 4639 for at least 25mins now.STO gods, move me up to 812 to give me some hope! :P
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • captnukemcaptnukem Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    skhc wrote: »
    Well considering that I went into the queue at 573rd out of more than 3000, I reckon we are, there's just not enough room for all of us. An F2P player would probably start right at the bottom.

Same thing happened at F2P launch. Don't remember seeing them after 2 days.

Im F2P and I started at 62 out 4324 got in and was able to play for 5 minutes before I lost connection.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the Queue Continuum. 4292 out of 4732. ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it is more that you are on a server playing then kicked, and have to go back into the queue
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • fratarfratar Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Stuck on 1216 out of 5363 :)
  • masterkampmasterkamp Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i get server not responding
  • captain0angeloscaptain0angelos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Star Trek Online Season 6: AKA FIASCO

I am waiting in the queue where my position figure does not changed but apparently the figure of the people waiting does. And that is after 7 hours of maintenance and several more after that of (insert preferred deity) knows what happened after that. Very astute move to take down the forums conveniently while that was ongoing as well.

Please act like professionals for once. I am so glad I am a silver subber now.

*Loud clap* :rolleyes:
  • themrpatrickthemrpatrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This queue idioticy is thanks to server issues? I hope so...
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What am I paying $15 a month for?
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • billthejedibillthejedi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Star Trek Online Season 6: AKA FIASCO

I am waiting in the queue where my position figure does not changed but apparently the figure of the people waiting does. And that is after 7 hours of maintenance and several more after that of (insert preferred deity) knows what happened after that. Very astute move to take down the forums conveniently while that was ongoing as well.

Please act like professionals for once. I am so glad I am a silver subber now.

*Loud clap* :rolleyes:

THIS.

Meh, at this point, it's not a big deal. Might as well wait til things calm down and play another day.
    dmv5s1.jpg_zpsvjpiwgta.png
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to complain, but I'm always <10 of XXXX as a lifetimer. However, it gets a bit tedious having to queue again, even for 30 seconds, when switching characters. It would be nice if your logged in status could remain as an account flag in some way, for a short period of time after logging out from a character.
  • viperttvipertt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    2833 out of 3324. Great ! good thing this game has only cost me $600.00 so far! great investiment!:mad:
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've kept my monthly sub so I can support the game. This is simply too much. I just tried to change my account to FTP but I don't even see that as an option. Does anyone know how I can change my account?
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • ivanelmeivanelme Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You know after a major update I expect some instability due to increased traffic...but I don't remember any MMO where I had to wait in a queue to log in and after that sit through 2 minutes of server interruptions then get disconnected from the server some 30 seconds later after it all loads for me. This is quite a bit ridiculous.
  • coriazcoriaz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've kept my monthly sub so I can support the game. This is simply too much. I just tried to change my account to FTP but I don't even see that as an option. Does anyone know how I can change my account?

stop the monthly sub, that will move it to FTP
  • bclark09bclark09 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I get past the queue and go straight to a "server not responding" message that eventually times out. You'd think they would be prepared for a massive influx of players with a major release. :rolleyes:
  • tanith1989tanith1989 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well since i cant even retrieve my character i will go to bed and try again tomorrow i did expect this given the issues they had with the Romulan series that while back and with FTP up i will count myself lucky to get in tomorrow
    Ketan Merious
    Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
    Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
    We want an Odyssey variant give us it
  • themrpatrickthemrpatrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anyone knows if this is thanks to server issues? Was hoping to pass the time with sto while waiting for new discounts in steam summer sale... Guess not:mad:
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmmm, it is the first couple hours after one of the largest changes to the game... figure out why it is jammed with people and deal with the queue until it calms down. This isn't the first time we've had one, and it lasts at most for a day or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This some sort of new anti-alt coding? This is crazy.... I could see this maybe if the servers had just come back up, but that would have been a while ago...